Queer Conceptions November - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2013, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Fried that's great! Wishing you luck with the fertilization and transfer fingersx.gif

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woo hoo, Fried!

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM

Pretty - I'm dying to hear if you heard a heartbeat this morning! I see that a lot of people are lingering online this morning, I think we are all hoping to hear your good news!

Fried - Yay for 3 eggs!

Fille - I'm so sorry your HSG was so uncomfortable. When we worked with an RE before they were strongly encouraging one and I was really anxious about it. I've definitely heard that it increases your chances of conception for a few months though. Let's hope it does the trick!

Fmoriss - Happy Anniversary!

AFM - It's CD18 for me. I'm still anticipating O on CD20 but I could get a pos OPK as early as today. Either way, by Friday I'll be in the TWW. I was able to get in two insems already on Mon/Tues and KD is open to continuing daily as long as we need to, which I'm super grateful for. In our previous tries we haven't been able to get a try in on O day, just multiple days leading up to it. 

I know that we want every cycle to be the one, but it would be really nice if it happened now and I didn't need to put grad school off a year. We have decided that we'll keep trying though. A second child is really important to us and everything is still in such limbo surrounding out foster son that we're reaching the point where his bio-dad will have the chance to sink or swim. His bio-mom went MIA  few weeks back out of nowhere when I thought she was doing really well. Gah! Fostering is such a roller coaster of emotions.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 PM

Pokey - thanks again for the advice. I just started taking B6 so that should help with a day or so. In the past, taking progesterone has helped me have a 13-14 day luteal phase. Any advice on how to go about working with a midwife who makes house calls? I would love to have that option. Does she work with your clinic?

Mrs - thanks for all that information. It is incredibly helpful because I didn't realize how much monitoring is needed with injectables. I am on CD20 so I will most likely start progesterone tonight to see if that gives me half a chance on the timing for next cycle. I remember you posting about the extremely high sperm counts so since then I always pick the highest count I can get my hands on. That's so cool you got to see the ruptured follies. My RE doesn't do US after insems but at another clinic I had it done and it was really satisfying knowing that ovulation did occur. My RE will not do two insems so I am contemplating an at home ICI in addition to the IUI with RE. Thanks again for everything!!

Fried - yay for 3!!! Fx!!

Pookafaye - that is so great you are getting so many insems in!! Fx!!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
Old 11-13-2013, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Darcy-I'm glad progesterone works so well for you! I hope your timing works out so you don't have to wait. The midwife who came to our house to do the insems did not work with any particular clinic. I think I just googled at home insemination and I also asked the sperm bank if they could recommend someone. The midwife the bank recommended had to be out of town during our second cycle and she gave us the info for her backup. We loved the backup so much we stayed with her the rest of the time. Our midwife only did insems because she had a full-time job. There may be homebirht midwives in your area who also do insems, you just have to look around or ask for referrals.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:45 PM

Thanks Pokey! I will make some calls. 

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
Old 11-14-2013, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi! Sorry for the delay--we're still in a bit of shock over here:

Two heartbeats!

We sort of knew, but it was one of those things that you think and then tell yourself that you should stop being crazy. smile.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:40 AM

Isa omg! Congrats!!!! :joy

Old 11-14-2013, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
OMG, Isa? Those two cuties are just lovely. How are you dealing with those big news? Was it amazing to see the heartbeats?

Afm - 100% fertilization rate. So we had one embryo frozen and the other two will move in tomorrow.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Isa - SO exciting! 

Fried - 3! So great that you got to freeze one too!

How is everyone else doing? I'm rounding down my tww (now 10dpo) with impatience and a lack of any notable symptoms or signs that would make me think it worked this time. But, I'll keep hoping until I know for sure.

me (34), dp (39), and baby J who joined us in October 2014!

(Two years and two mcs after we started tcc )
Old 11-14-2013, 11:35 AM

A good news morning!

Isa, twins! joy.gif So exciting!

And Friederike, two and a spare! fingersx.gif

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
Old 11-14-2013, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

YEAH ISA! :) :) :) Congratulations! How are you feeling?

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

Old 11-14-2013, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Oh boy! Congratulations isa! I guess we were due for another set of twins. I hope they keep growing big and strong and that you are feeling well.

Good luck Friederike!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:34 PM

Great news friederike and isa!

fried- yay for both fertilizing! Loads of sticky dust for you my friend! How are you feeling?

isa- two heartbeats! Amazing! How do you and DP feel about it? Guess that explains your high bHCG levels. Congrats again.

redrock- how are you doing?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

So exciting today!

Congrats Isa! How are you and DP feeling about twins?!

Fried! Great you have all 3, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

I have a question... I talked to my REs office today about starting monitoring for my January cycle and they recommended a also do a trigger shot. Previous I only did OPKs and got my BFP so I'm not sure if the trigger shot is something I should do? What are your thoughts, I believe many of you have done that with other medications but has anyone ever triggered with no other medications?

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35* ***40
Old 11-14-2013, 03:29 PM

just a REALLY quick one - Fried, I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and I hope that it's successful. Everything is crossed so I'm not typing very well xxxx

Isa - WOW!!! that's fantastic, I guess you're going to want to be greedy & go for two BFP's huh!?!?!?

will do more personals later. A friend gave birthday yesterday at 28 weeks. Baby 2 pounds 1 but healthy which is a relief. Imagine missing the whole last trimester!

Love and baby dust to all xxx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 11-14-2013, 04:16 PM

Wow! Congratulations!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 11-14-2013, 04:55 PM

Thanks, everyone! We're pretty excited, but keep going through little bouts of 'how in the hell are we going to pay for two at once' in different variations. Mostly, just really hoping they stay healthy and, well, stuck!

Jam--I don't think the Saras check in here much these days, but one of them did monitoring and a trigger, and got pregnant with her sweet little boy that way. They said it was a lot cheaper than buying extra vials of sperm.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:26 PM

Hi All!

First, Isa- Congratulations!!!! Twins! So exciting. :bgbounce

Second, I suppose I should (re)introduce myself. I haven't been on here for about a year and a half or so and in that time a lot has changed. My exwife and I tried for about a year to get pregnant without success and about a year and a half ago we split up, hence my absence. At the time the divorce was something I never saw coming and totally shook me up but since then I have learned so much and have met an amazing person that far exceeded my previous expectations. My DP is trans (FTM) and we have been together for just over a year. DP has always wanted children and has expereince with TTC with his ex. The longing for a baby has been with me and DP for a few years now, and so we decided to start trying together!

We are currently in our second try. We are using fresh sperm from a known donor and I am currently 8 DPO. I tested this morning, even though I know it is way too early. I am really hoping to get a BFP tomorrow since it is my DP's 40th birthday. Wouldn't that just be an amazing present?!?! I know it will still be early but I have a really good feeling about this month. I have been using guided imagery and just keep seeing myself giving him a postive pregnancy test all wrapped up tomorrow. fingersx.gif

I have done a little looking around and am so happy to see so many graduates! I will do some more reading and catch up on all of your stories. For now I will be sending you all postive vibes where ever you may be.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
jam we always triggered with no other meds (except progesterone afterwards). It gave me peace of mind that our timing was good and it stabilizes my luteal phase.

mama I was bored on my day off yesterday, so I finally made the Pumpkin Brownies. I had to substitute some ingredients so they weren't as soft as I expected but tasty. I'll continue tweaking it. Did you get rid of the peecanister yet? Your latest blog had me lol!

liz sorry to hear that little one came into the world so early. I hope he is a little fighter and makes it out of the Nicu with no problems. By the way, I had a phantastic interview the the documentary folks yesterday. She was awesome.

hopeful welcome back. I hope he gets his birthday present and you too! Good luck

afm they moved in!

Old 11-15-2013, 06:21 AM

Isa: WOWOWOWOW! Hooray! Congratulations! TWO!!! joy.gifjoy.gif

Friederike: Looking good! fingersx.gif

Hi to everyone else!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 11-15-2013, 07:45 AM

Isa - Twins!! Congratulations!

Fried - Love the pictures!! FX!!

Hopeful - Welcome back!! 

Jam - I am all for the trigger shot. I think it really helps take the guesswork out of timing. 

AFM - We went to our Menopur class on Wednesday and got a lot of information. DW is very concerned about the risk of multiples and while I am concerned, I just feel like it would be a miracle to actually get pregnant. I have been reading a lot about injectable cycles and all the posts indicate many follicles. My AFC is really low 3-4 so it worries me that I wont have a lot to work with. I wasn't able to sleep much Wednesday night and yesterday I cried which is something I rarely do. I just feel like it's never going to happen. Today we leave for a weekend camping trip with friends. It will be good to get away but I am so very scared about the next 3 tries. 

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 AM

Hopeful--welcome! That would be an awesome present!

Fried--they are lovely! I hope they're setting up shop right now for a good, long stay!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:49 AM

Fried, how wonderful! I'm so glad to hear it's going so well for you. 

Mama: I'm good, I feel very normal, which of course worries me. If my boobs weren't huge I'd still be taking a test everyday. How are things with you?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Just wanted to check in with a quick update on this Friday afternoon. Honestly, I’m feeling a little stressed/bummed. I’m on CD19 today, and still no positive OPK. (I’ve had issues with OPKs catching my O in the past, so this makes me really nervous, especially since 95% of the time, I O between CD14 and CD22, but most months it's pretty reliably CD16-CD20, so we’re getting toward to the late end of normal for me.) Mostly, I’ve been feeling vaguely post-O for several days now (sensitive, but not exactly sore, boobs). My temps haven’t gone up, and I have a cold and have been pretty ache-y, so I vacillate between thinking (a) I’ve definitely missed my O and my temp’s going to rise tomorrow (I’ve thought this for the last 3-4 days), (b) the cold is screwing up my temping somehow (even though I have no discernable fever) and I’ve already O’d, or (c) maybe I’m not going to ovulate at all this cycle, even though I’ve never had a temped cycle before last month where my O wasn’t extremely clear retrospectively. (Last month’s wonky cycle and the looming fertility test results are apparently making me a little crazy.)

I asked my KD to ship today anyway, as anything later than a CD22 (Monday) O is a definite outlier, and I figure if I haven’t already O’d and missed it, then I’ll ovulate Sunday or Monday. But, who knows? Maybe I’ll never ovulate again!

For anyone who wants to weigh in on the crazy, here’s my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fillefantome. And everyone else, just keep your fingers crossed that I can hold onto whatever sanity I’ve got left….

Old 11-15-2013, 03:15 PM

hopeful welcome and I'm glad things have worked out that well for you as I can imagine a relationship breaking down when TTC is pretty traumatic. I hope your time here is quick.

fried - they look great!!! I am keeping everything crossed for you, when's your test date? Glad the interview went well for you, they are lovely, aren't they? go you!! I bet you came across well too :)

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 11-15-2013, 03:53 PM

hopeful - welcome. we have some things in common with the living in the beautiful nw and hoping for a birthday bfp. Hope you have good news to share with DP!

fille - how frustrating with the temping. I hope that you O in the next couple days and have a perfectly timed insem. What is typically your coverline? I wonder if the testing you had done had any impact on your ovulation schedule?

Darcy - sounds like you're doing a great job of fulling informing yourself on all the decisions you're making. I also want to validate how emotionally challenging this whole process is. So much time, energy, and money for something that is essentially out of our control. It is draining and frustrating. Have a good camping trip! 

Fried - excited to follow your progress!

me (34), dp (39), and baby J who joined us in October 2014!

(Two years and two mcs after we started tcc )
Old 11-15-2013, 04:36 PM

PrettyIsa - Yay! Twins are so exciting, I would have been in shock too. DW is so scared that we'll get to adopt our foster son and be pregnant with multiples. We're on board for 3 kids, but the reason we're TTC right now is that we really want 2. Still, I've always romanticized twins - what a special bond they'll have with each other! 

Fille - I've been sick too and it's also been messing with my signs. I was so thankful when there was finally more definitive CM and a pos OPK. Here's hoping you get yours tonight! fingersx.gif

Fried - Those babies look awesome - thanks for sharing! I feel so positive about November finishing off with a nice round of BFPs! fingersx.gif

Darcy - I hope that getting away helps clear your head. This whole business can be really crazy making. I'm still very hopeful for you. fingersx.gif

Hopeful - Welcome, welcome! You may have the shortest stay ever if your BFP is imminent! fingersx.gif

Mama - Thanks for Fried's post, I realized you have a blog. Imagine my surprise to see you posting a gluten-free recipe. It made this coeliac super happy. I'll have to browse further back and see if you posted even more yumminess. We should also exchange some favorite recipes sometime.

AFM - Got a pos OPK late yesterday and we've insemmed Mon/Tues/Thurs - I'm hoping we also work out inseams tonight and tomorrow just cover anything with a remote chance of leading to a BFP. My signs haven't been as clear this month since I'm recovering from a cold - but I think things turned out well anyway.  Go ahead and put me in the TWW!

Old 11-15-2013, 09:52 PM

fried- wow wow wow! Love the pics! They are so beautiful! Sending warm loving sticky vibes to your little blasts!

redrock- I just found out a colleague is pregnant because she has been looking a bit pale and has been yacking almost everyday, chasing her dry heaves with crackers lol. Plus side for your no-symptoms: it stays your secret til you are ready to tell people, and work is a bit more tolerable wink1.gif glad you're doing well.

pook- yay you checked out my blog! Yeah, I've been a bit slack on it, but when stuff starts up again with our TTC-ing, I'll be posting more frequently. I think the celiac has been a contributing factor to why I'm having a hard time conceiving. I've been very strict with my diet, but I think the years of damage and inflammation have been awful for my body. I've got lots of yummy GF recipes to share. Maybe I'll post one this weekend- GF cinnamon rolls!

afm- urine collected, 9 vials of blood drawn, dec 3 I see the endocrinologist again, at which point we decide whether to do a brain MRI or put me on some drugs. Basically she thinks my cortisol and prolactin issues are strange because they don't follow with the typical clinical picture. She even speculates that I might have been pregnant with an early loss the first time we inseminated (the time that DW looked like a miner with her headlamp), because a month and a half after that was when I ended up with the high prolactin. Hmmm.....
Old 11-15-2013, 11:04 PM

Woohoo, congrats Isa! Welcome to the multiples club. It's pretty great here!

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 

User Tag List