Forum Jump: 

#1 of 143 Old 10-31-2013, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

:rotflmao Welcome to the November Thread! :rotflmao

Let's make some late summer 2014 babies

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O whistling.gif
fillefantome

Hopeful22

DarcySD

pookafaye

Fmorris28 chartnew.gif

greenpants

bettertomarry

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww fingersx.gif
Sandiegongp

invitnconceptn

Working on IVF
mamaetmaman
SanDiego78

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be readywave.gif
Jam51212

lea2012

jwaite05

Kbfs

Lovestreet13
JustAnotherJenny
TaviPDX
KWPX2
Twomommyfamily
TineyDreams
Scorpioma
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
heart-n-bones
BByH1Pr

2013 Graduates!

November * Prettyisa :joy * Sevie :joyAgrex:joyFriederike:joy

October * redrockband :joy

August * Lizbian joy.gif* Beastie joy.gif
May * Lovingisliving joy.gif
March * Escher joy.gif * Sotohana joy.gif * Amt1015 joy.gif
February * Granite joy.gif
January * Esenbee2 joy.gif * LindseyW joy.gif * Sphinxy joy.gif

2012 Graduates!

December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15***20****25****3 0****35****40
#2 of 143 Old 10-31-2013, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Excited for November!

isa- fingers crossed for you! Can't wait to hear tomorrow's news.

My appt with the endocrinologist is this Monday. Hopefully we'll have a plan for figuring out the weird blood results. Fingers crossed that it gets sorted out quickly because being in TTC limbo sucks.

Can't wait to catch up with all of the happenings on here.
#3 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thank you for the shiny new thread, Jam!

Hi Mama I was wondering how you were. Have you not been able to see an endocrinologist since they cancelled your IVF over a month ago? And did you ever get another chance to talk to the RE folks after that stupid phone call, like some more explanation? Any way, I hope your being stuck in limbo is over soon and you can start again. I hope at least you got to enjoy some nice fall running through leaves while waiting. 

btw - we're gonna try out the cheescake on your blog next week, it looks soo delicious.

afm - Had the final consultation before stim start yesterday, which gave us a big scare in the form of a cyst on my left ovary. There was talk of postponing. However it seems to be only the corpus luteum from last cycle, so when the blood work results came in today at noon (and after a very restless night and morning for me) I got the green light to go ahead with our IVF. phew...

#4 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 05:34 AM

Isa: fingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#5 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 06:50 AM

Thanks friederike! Phew! Thank goodness you are still proceeding as planned with the stim and IVF! TTC purgatory is no fun. It's like having detention while watching all your friends playing outside. I'm very excited for you and can't wait to hear more about the process and journey. The pumpkin cheesecakes were amazing. I ended up making that recipe 3x because DW and I finished (consumed) the first pan we had intended to bring to family thanksgiving. I made them again for the staff at DW's work last week too!

AFM- yeah been sitting on the sidelines for the past month and a bit because of the blood results. I sent 3 angry emails to the RE clinic, and received only one reply- basically confirming that they cancelled my IVF and that they will not proceed until I am cleared by a medical endocrinologist. I finally got an appt for Nov. 4, so I will find out what tests she will run to investigate. DW and I are so unimpressed by the RE clinic, but the reality is that all of the other competing RE clinics are even more scumbaggy, so we are really just stuck with them as our best option. The RE himself is quite nice, but there seems to be a force field of idiot nurses (not nurses in general- just these ones) surrounding him and we can never interact with him unless we have a medical procedure done.
#6 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 12:22 PM

Happy November all!

Fille - Boo! I'm so sorry things didn't work out. Our cycles should be relatively close next month so I'll see you in the TWW  ;) I'm really glad you'll will get in a Nov try!

Pretty - Can't wait to hear tomorrow how testing goes!

Carmen and Fried - This was my first cycle on B6, vitex and progesterone. I hope that next month I see a bigger increase in my LP *cross fingers* a BFP of course would be ideal ;)

Mama - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your appointments go well and things are sorted quickly!

AFM - Took a mental break from TTC while but I'm guessing I'll O about Nov 15 but my FF chart is confused because my cycle is completely different from when we were trying a few years ago. I don't want to delete the old info so I'm getting tempted to set up a second account that only has the new data. 

Here's hoping that Nov brings us some more BFPs!

#7 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 01:20 PM

Hey, all, I'm definitely hoping for a good November for all of us!

I called my ob-gyn/midwifery practice yesterday asking about what next steps should be if I want to pursue fertility testing (after checking that my insurance does cover all diagnostic testing, even though infertility treatment isn't covered), and the doctor called me back and said, "We have a new visiting doctor every few weeks who's really knowledgeable about these things, and he'll be here Friday and Monday. So, let's schedule you an appointment." So, from a "what's next" inquiry to a Monday morning appointment with an RE in 5 minutes. That's good, if speedier than I was imagining, as my goal/hope is to get whatever testing needs doing done before the start of the new policy year for insurance. (I'm pretty much at my out of pocket max for this year, so shouldn't have to pay much if anything for testing if I can get it done by the end of December.) Of course, I'm hoping the tests will all point to fertility, as if there's anything wrong that a little persistence won't solve, I'm SOL on the financial front.

On a totally unrelated note, in my spare time I moonlight as a sexuality education teacher for littles (http://www.uua.org/re/owl/), and just got linked through our mailing list to this really interesting sounding book on teaching kids about where babies come from that's billed as being inclusive of all sorts of families and ways of making them: http://www.what-makes-a-baby.com. Proviso, I haven't read it, and a few of the Amazon reviews (mostly very positive) talk about the fact that it doesn't discuss the different types of families so much as talk about the biology of sperm and egg coming together in a way that doesn't favor the usual heteronormative story. But, I know I've read threads about trying to find more books for our kids to read that model our lives/families, so thought I'd share so that anyone who's interested can check it out. Would love to hear what you think, if anyone does get a chance to read it!

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#8 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 03:32 PM

Hi, everyone.  

I've been catching up on your frustrations and excitement, and following along.  Sorry I can't respond individually, but I'm rooting for you!

AFM, we are now 8dpiui and i'm dying to test, but lady is getting discouraged by too-early bfns, so she wants to wait until it will be more reliable, whatever the outcome. I understand that, but I am also DYING TO TEST, so i'm trying to keep myself under control.  luckily things are so insane right now that that is very doable.  I've got job applications, grading midterms and teaching, and I'm speaking at a big conference tomorrow, plus a friend is staying with us for that conference, so it's just pretty nonstop.

Hoping we all have good news soon! 

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#9 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Jam--Thanks for the new thread! I'm so excited to be able to christen it for you! wink1.gif

I got a BFP! Well, actually I got a call from the nurse saying, 'congratulations,' but i'm going to count it as the same thing! I go back on Monday and then Wednesday for beta doubling, and an ultrasound on the 13th to see how things are coming along, assuming all goes well until then. My beta seems insanely high to me--she said they like to see above 50, and mine was 537. She swore that doesn't necessarily mean twins, but we'll see!

Fille--that book is pretty good. It's a little too advanced for where we're at right now, but I like that it's technical without being specific about how the sperm and egg come together.

Fried--yay! I had a random cyst before stimming this time, too, but it disappeared completely.

Mama--so glad you're going to get in for an appointment soon!

Sandie--Fingers crossed! smile.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#10 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 05:45 PM

Isa! Congrats! Very excited for you and looking forward to hearing how the numbers go. The hcg sounds high to me too, but I don't know much about ivf - how far along would you be considered at this point? 

Pook - do you usually ovulate pretty late in your cycle? I only ask because I think you were only a few days behind me in getting AF, and I'm pretty sure I'll O on Tuesday, 11/5, which will be cd 14 for me, so the 15th seems pretty far away? Oh, and ff might let you exclude some cycles when it does the stats and predictions - I think I had to do that at some point because my mc cycles were really confusing the stats.

I hope I can get back for personals for everyone else soon, but I've got to get ready for my early morning flight tomorrow. Sending good thoughts in all your directions!

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#11 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM

Lea, thanks! I'm 10dp5dt, or 4 weeks pregnant, depending.

Just coming back to ask that anyone who knows me irl or o. Facebook keep this a secret. Obviously it's a little early for a general announcement!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#12 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 07:51 PM

Prettyisa! Yay! That's so exciting.

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#13 of 143 Old 11-01-2013, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Isa: Congrats! So exciting that I already got to graduate someone on November 1st! Hopefully you have started a good luck month for us all! 

File: That is a very quick appointment, awesome turn around.

Fried: Hopefully things get better, and the nurses pick up the game. I get frustrated with the nurses sometimes too with the comments they make, like asking if my DP is my sister, or assuming I had done ultrasound monitoring, or my favorite so far is being excited to see me back in the watch my HCG level rise when I had to correct them and say we're actually watching it come down from my MC. It's like common, read my file before I come in and educate yourself, you're dealing with sensitive women here. We only got to see the Dr at our first consultation appointment, haven't seen him again since, not even for our IUI!

Sandie: I thought it was soooo hard once we hit 8DPO not to test... the first week was a breeze and never thought anything about it and then as soon as we were in that last week stretch it was torture, I gave in at 10DPO.

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15***20****25****3 0****35****40
#14 of 143 Old 11-02-2013, 12:37 PM

Isa: Woo hoo! Congrats :joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy 

jam: you can move me to the October graduates.

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#15 of 143 Old 11-02-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyisa View Post

Jam--Thanks for the new thread! I'm so excited to be able to christen it for you! wink1.gif

I got a BFP! Well, actually I got a call from the nurse saying, 'congratulations,' but i'm going to count it as the same thing! I go back on Monday and then Wednesday for beta doubling, and an ultrasound on the 13th to see how things are coming along, assuming all goes well until then. My beta seems insanely high to me--she said they like to see above 50, and mine was 537. She swore that doesn't necessarily mean twins, but we'll see!

Fille--that book is pretty good. It's a little too advanced for where we're at right now, but I like that it's technical without being specific about how the sperm and egg come together.

Fried--yay! I had a random cyst before stimming this time, too, but it disappeared completely.

Mama--so glad you're going to get in for an appointment soon!

Sandie--Fingers crossed! smile.gif

Wow! It seems like your first one was just born!! Congratulations!!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#16 of 143 Old 11-02-2013, 06:53 PM

Isa - What a fabulous way to start the month - congratulations! Dancing veggies are in order, no? banana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif 

Sandie - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're next in line to get some dancing veggies  :D

Lea - I do O ~ CD20. Since I only spotted on 10/26 I'm counting 10/27 as CD 1 (per FF). 

AFM - I'm still spotting today (though barely) on CD7 which is incredibly odd for me. I usually have a quick 4 day cycle and that's that. Perhaps I things worked last month but just didn't stick.

#17 of 143 Old 11-03-2013, 07:20 AM

:blowkissHi Ladies!!

There are lots of happenings with you all, I am not sure where to begin!!  I am very excited about all the movement here though, and glad to be almost ready to be back among the action.

Mama, glad to know that you were able to finally get an appointment to move toward your next steps.  I hate to hear that the RE's office isn't so kind.  I hope you can just get thru the process and have the pos outcome you are looking for quickly.  I have learned that when I am actively going thru the ttc process it seems to take forever.  But when the bfp comes, it doesn't seem to have been so long, in the big scheme.  Looking forward to hearing more about your tests, and next steps.

Fried, So so glad you are cleared for your next steps!!  I am so excited for you to do your IVF...I have a great feeling about this for you!!  How are you holding up with all the testing and running back and forth to appointments?  Sending warm thoughts to you that it is all so worth it!

Pooka, Sounds like you are doing alot to lengthen your LT.  I am sure it will work for you this month...the VitB6 worked like a charm for me after a month.  And that's all I did that time.  I've read that the vitex takes a bit longer to show results, maybe 2 months, but with both and the progesterone, maybe that will do the trick.  What kind of progesterone are you taking?  Good look for FF.  I have used an app on my phone for tracking, so not familiar with it.  I am looking at more progesterone supplement, myself.  I'll keep you posted.:)  

Fille, Gook luck at your appointment.  I hope all your testing comes out with reassurance and or right next steps for you guys!!

Sandie, my fingers and toes are crossed for you guys!!  Thanks, btw, for being so open and honest about the "$ stress" of this process for same-sex cpls.  It's a crazy business, fertility.  One of the first midwifery consults I had, the midwife warned me that fertility was a business based model.  It has helped me to keep it in perspective.  Hopefully you won't have to be in this phase much longer.  Good luck with this last few days of the TWW.  Sending baby dust to you both<3

Isa, WHOO HOO HOO!!  CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH<3  i am so excited for you!!  Perfectly done.  How are you feeling??  Your quants sound great!  Good luck with the next week's round of testing and keep us posted.  So happy for you.

Lea, First of all, thank you for the information in your last personal to me.  It definitely helped me through the last phase of mc and getting ready to be back in the TTC mode.  Your strength is remarkable, and I know that one of these next couple of months, you will get the bfp with a healthy, happy baby!  Sending you positive vibes as you travel and insem/O.  Much gratitude, once again, to you and your supportive words!!

Jam, I'm glad you took the thread this month:)  Your RE's nurses sound horrible.  I think my DW would have told someone off if that were her.  We had to get over our OB doc confirming our mc in the hallway of the office.  We weren't too happy about that.  I don't know what to think about our OBGyn.  We are using them because that is who our Midwifery Practice uses.  Good luck with this cycle.  I am thinking about you and sending you lots of loving support!!

Redrock, how are you???  Feeling alright still?  Any 1st trimester symptoms yet??  Very excited for you<3  Have you gotten to tell a few ppl?  Have your gone shopping yet?:)  Thinking of you!!

Hello and baby dust to those of you I haven't sent personals to!!

afm, my hcg levels have dropped to 0.  Last week is the only time I will be happy to see a bfn on a hpt.  I am now waiting for AF to come, another thing I don't usually do:)  I am hoping that I will have a normal cycle and maybe start trying again.  The OB I'm working with won't release me to try before 2 full cycles.  Don't know why because there was nothing out of the ordinary with my mc and he hasn't done any other testing to know if there is anything else 'wrong'.  So not feeling like he's taking my personal situation into account.  I have put a call into my midwifery office, and they may consider releasing me after one cycle.  I have thought about it and talked with DW about it, and we are just going to see what happens.  If it feels right to try with my next cycle, we probably will.   If my prediction is correct, I may see AF at the end of next week.

dust.gif

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#18 of 143 Old 11-03-2013, 05:03 PM

jwaite- I find too that sometimes doctors don't take our unique circumstances into account. I hope your next cycle is back to normal so that you can start trying again. 

pook- I have a short luteal phase as well, and while vit B6 did lengthen it by a day or two for one cycle, it didn't for subsequent ones. I was put on progesterone suppositories, which were great but messy. I was a bit tired on them, but it made it easier for me to sleep at bedtime (I have some insomnia problems), so I didn't mind.

fried- haven't been running at all actually. The school year has been insane for me so far, and I've got hockey, yoga, weight training, and a mixed martial arts conditioning class, each once a week, on top of my daily dog hiking duties. I feel good about the variety of activities, and since I'm not planning on carrying a baby, I feel some comfort in knowing that I won't have to "sit out" for 9 months from my higher impact sports. How are you? The fall weather is lovely for running though.

#19 of 143 Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Isa! Congratulations! Hooray! joy.gifjoy.gif That beta does seem awfully twin-like. I hope your second and third betas are similarly fantastic! fingersx.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#20 of 143 Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Congratulations prettyisa! I can't do dancing veggies on this computer for some reason so I am sending them to you mentally. I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#21 of 143 Old 11-04-2013, 11:20 AM

Just a quick hello to all of you from my cross-country insemination trip. I'm officially now in the TWW/Waiting to Know once again. My temps are a little off, I think from traveling, so I'm not totally sure, but I think I ovulated today - got a surprise +OPK yesterday (CD 12, two days before I was expecting it). I was really worried that I might have missed my window, since usually I imsem the day before and morning of the positive opk, but we got in an insem last night and one this morning, so hoping the timing will be okay. I'm trying to remain hopeful and positive.

I hope to be back for personals soon - I'm staying somewhere without internet and am currently at a coffee shop where I'm supposed to be working remotely...

Hope everyone is doing well - looking forward to some company in the TWW!

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#22 of 143 Old 11-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Lea, My fingers, toes, eyes, legs, and anything else I can cross are CROSSED for you!!!fingersx.gif

dust.gif

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#23 of 143 Old 11-04-2013, 07:45 PM

My interactions with doctors are always so weird. To wit:

Today, the RE asked if my cycles were regular, and I started to answer that my LP was always 12 days +/-1, but that my overall cycle ranged by about a week, and he interrupted to say "oh, we don't care about those anymore, long, short, doesn't matter." Huh? This is totally contrary to everything I've ever heard or read. And he meant it--I didn't probe for details, because I'm pretty sure my LP is long enough, but he definitely meant that the LP length wasn't important.

Then, I said something about temping, and he said "you should stop doing that." Double huh? I mean, I know, now that I'm actually TTC, I also need a method that will detect O in advance of O, but temping has given me a ton of really valuable information about my cycle since I started doing it a few years ago. (Although, I guess it's probably less valuable if you think LP length isn't a thing.)

He also asked me (after I'd explained the whole KD thing and he'd asked how we were doing it, and I'd told him we were doing IVI) if I'd ever had unprotected sex for a year without getting pregnant. Umm, yes, that's what I've been telling you, for a value of sex where sperm is going into my vagina, anyway.

Also, after I (in response to his "well, we don't really need to do most of this stuff, since you don't have a history of infections, surgery, blah, blah") convinced him to do the full range of tests, re-explaining that the reason I was coming in now was because I had paid up to the out-of-pocket max on my insurance, and so if I was going to get any testing done ever, now was the time, his conclusion was "if nothing's wrong, you should go with IUI." No, dude, if nothing's wrong, I'm going to keep right on with the DIY method. I'm just doing this testing to be sure I'm not fruitlessly wasting time, money and sperm.

But, after all of the weirdness, he ordered blood work (AMH and some other hormones--testosterone and such), plus I have an appt Friday for an ultrasound and HSG (and he confirmed that women tend to be more fertile for 3-4 months after an HSG, so yay for increased fertility). And, he ordered a semen analysis for my KD (which we didn't do last year when we were planning to, because the lab I tried to send him to wouldn't do it without a Dr's order, and he didn't have a Dr, and I didn't know my doctor could/would do it.) So, progress! And, I don't have to care what the RE thinks about what I should do, just so long as he gets me the info I need to make informed decisions about next steps on my own. So, all in all, a successful day!

#24 of 143 Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 PM

Isa and Redrock, so excited for both of you!  

Fille, that sounds really wacky.  After having now met 3 REs, I can tell you they are a totally mixed bag.  Oh wait, 4 REs.  Yes to the mixed bag thing.  That's interesting about the HSG leading to increased fertility--wish we had known: we started insemming 3 months after ours :(  Hope your tests come back all clear.  Good job you standing up for what you want to do and not letting this doc's weird approach make you feel less sure of your approach.  

Afm, We are now 11dpIUI and it's still bfns here.  So we're pretty sure we're out, but we'll wait the extra 3 days to call it.  our plan is to keep insemming, and we're also looking much more closely into IVF options, so mentally I'm gearing up for that to be when we actually get pregnant.  I'm not just very impatient and at that "i want a baby NOW" place.  Yikes.

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#25 of 143 Old 11-05-2013, 12:56 AM

Sandie - I'm keeping my fingers crossed and staying hopeful for you fingersx.gif

Fille - Ack, you had more patience with that doc then I would have had. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the HSG does the trick for you and leads to a BFP the following cycle  :D

Lea - sound like pretty darn good timing to me - fingersx.gif :thumb fingersx.gif 

Mama - Nice that it helped you sleep - I was hoping for that side effect myself  ;)  Apparently it just gives me lots of false alarm pregnancy signals. I'll try not to read so much in to them this cycle.

Jwaite - I'm using Emerita Pro-gest Cream, which is over the counter. Do you think there's a big difference with the prescription creams? I'm glad your body is getting back on track. I don't know of any reason not to try sooner than later. I think that assumptions are being made by the professionals about how much time you need emotionally, but only you know that. Since they're not going through this process they don't always understand how anxious we are, they're not the ones who have to wait. Take my opinion for what it's worth, of course.

Not much new for me. CD10 and I'll start the OPKs in a few days unless I start getting other signs sooner.

#26 of 143 Old 11-05-2013, 02:37 PM

IM BACK! It's been ages since I posted it seems. After getting back from Seattle DP was in hospital for a week, then I was sick the past 2 weeks which just about brings meeh up to now. We didn't get to insem this cycle as meeh being sick and all and mye 102 degree fever through off mye temping. Technically our baby making took a bit of a back seat due to the fact DP and I ARE PLANNING OUR WEDDING! Approaching our 5 year anniversary in 5 days we've set a date in July and picked the venue (Brooklyn Botanical Garden) and are raring to go! I'm so thrilled and stoked I can't believe it lol. I laugh everytime I think about it because its so surreal. Hopefully I'll be preggers by then..which should make mye dress shopping interesting lol. I'll stop back by for personals, but CONGRATS to the BFP's I missed. Good Luck everyone!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#27 of 143 Old 11-06-2013, 12:34 AM

just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS to Isa & Redrock - what a way to start off the month!!!!

Bloody symbols aren't working on this computer but will do a veg parade when I can xxxx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#28 of 143 Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 AM

Congrats on getting married fmorris. How exciting that you get to plan a wedding, it's so much fun.

sandiego I hear you with the impatience. How are things? Did AF arrive?

afm 2 follicles. Bloody 2. That's all I get with 4 vials of Menopur. So I'll have the retrieval next wednesday and a 2- day transfer. It's not like we could risk cultivating longer, since there is nothing to select from. Such a bummer.

#29 of 143 Old 11-06-2013, 04:18 AM

fmorris - congratulations on the wedding, that's so exciting. Love a lesbian shotgun wedding wink1.gif

Fried - nooooo! that really sucks BUT I hope those two are super strong and both make it. Wise to go with the 2 day transfer. Are you going with ICSI? xxxx thinking of you.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#30 of 143 Old 11-06-2013, 05:27 AM

Fried, that sucks. But hopefully they're both really good quality!

She's here!
And so are the boys!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page