Queer Conceptions December - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 101 Old 12-15-2013, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thank you, PokeyAC!  I love your avatar, by the way.  What a cutie!

Me (38), single parent by choice and transgender, TTC #1 via IVF.  

tried unsuccessfully via BD in '01 and unsuccessfully via ICI in '11. Endometriosis, ovarian cysts, anovulation, oh my... left fallopian tube removed in '12. now on to IVF.  my IVF journey is at pride-of-lions.blogspot.com

#62 of 101 Old 12-15-2013, 09:46 PM

Welcome lrex99! I hope you have a short stay on the TTC board - IVF has such great odds that i have a feeling it will be fingersx.gif

Let's see, what's been going on with the rest of you?

Hopeful - You should be testing soon, no? fingersx.gif 

Darcy - I know you think this month might have been a bust on timing - but I'm rooting hard for you fingersx.gif When do you hope to test or expect AF?

:goodvibes Sending good vibes to you both!

The board is so quiet right now - everyone already caught up in the holidays?

AFM - I got my pos OPK today, so O on Monday. It was the clearest pos I've ever seen on one and I'm taking that as a good omen. We got tries in Fri/Sat/Sun and I'll drive up to SF to see KD for one more try tomorrow after he's done with work. Go ahead and move me to the TWW  :D

#63 of 101 Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 PM

Welcome Irex! 

Good luck to everyone in the tww - hope you all continue the good luck streak so many people had over the last few weeks!

Hope everyone else is doing well too! Personally, I'm looking forward to a fresh start in 2014. 

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#64 of 101 Old 12-15-2013, 10:45 PM

Thank you pookafaye and lea2012!  Here's hoping we all move off the TTC board.

Good luck everyone!

tried unsuccessfully via BD in '01 and unsuccessfully via ICI in '11. Endometriosis, ovarian cysts, anovulation, oh my... left fallopian tube removed in '12. now on to IVF.  my IVF journey is at pride-of-lions.blogspot.com

#65 of 101 Old 12-16-2013, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Welcome Irex. Good luck for the IVF. It is a very stressful procedure, but the odds are great. Hope you get lucky on your first try!

#66 of 101 Old 12-16-2013, 02:17 PM

Hey everyone! So the beginning of the month was rather rough but we got through it and got the ok to move forward. Clomid and hcg again this month. We did the IUI today so please put us in the 2 week wait. we had 3 follicles at 19 22 24 yesterday on the left and 16 mm on the right. So we'll see.
#67 of 101 Old 12-17-2013, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

I think I moved everyone to where they are supposed to be! Will be back tomorrow with personals. Beta is tomorrow so we should know by tomorrow afternoon or Thursday at the latest!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#68 of 101 Old 12-17-2013, 07:36 PM

agrex - yay for TWW buddies! I'm hoping to be distracted by the holidays but no real luck with that so far. Let's close out 2013 with some exciting news orngbiggrin.gif

#69 of 101 Old 12-18-2013, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Agrex - so sorry to hear about earlier this month but so glad you got the okay to move forward. Those follies sound great!

Irex99 - Welcome! Do you want me to put you under working on IVF?

Lea - you will be getting started so soon! Hope it flies by for you.

Pook - thanks for the good vibes! All those tries sound promising!! How did your trip to SF go? And yeah the money thing is tough. I would love to go low tech but it seems my eggs have other plans.

Fille - how is everything going? Did you insem yet?

Sandiegongp - how are you two doing? Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress. I am really excited to graduate you! Let me know when you want to be moved.

Fried - glad to hear about your wonderful experience! It's nice to hear good reviews.

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#70 of 101 Old 12-18-2013, 03:49 PM

Pook- Thanks so much for checking in on me. My test was a BFN and AF showed up this weekend. Your positive OPK sounds like a good sign and with so many insems this cycle!! My fingers are crossed for you!

lrex- Welcome to Queer Conceptions. I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Agrex- Good Luck!

Sandie- I'm not sure if I have said it yet, but congratulations on the BFP!!! I'm sure going through the 5WW till the ultrasound has to be agonizing, but it's getting closer and closer! Hopefully the holidays are keeping you at least a little distracted. How did the other 2 interviews go?

Fille- How did the OPKs and the insem go?

Tavi- Welcome!

Darcy- Any news?!

AFM- Could you move me to Waiting to O? AF showed up this weekend so now we are just waiting. I should O right around Christmas. I realized the other day that December marks two years since the first time we insemmed. Thinking about that makes it hard to not get discouraged but I just try to think about all of the things that are different from the first time I was trying and all of the things I have learned. Also, even though it's been two years, there have only been about 10 times that we have actually tried.... Ugh! Is it just me or does 10 seem like a lot? :irked

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#71 of 101 Old 12-18-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Hopeful - So sorry to hear about AF. 10 times is a lot. Are you working with an RE? On meds? Do you know of any reason why you might not be getting pregnant? This process can be so exhausting and the only thing that helps me is having a plan going forward. I see that you are trying with a KD now? The odds seem much higher with fresh sperm but I heard it usually takes a few tries.

AFM - Beta was negative so now we just wait for AF and then start all over again. I emailed RE a bunch of questions so hopefully I get some good answers from him. I am mainly concerned about ovulating so early and quickly. My surge seems to begin naturally as soon as my follie hits about 16mm-17mm which is odd to me. It's making the timing of the trigger really hard because RE wants to see bigger follies before triggering. I asked for more monitoring and blood work so let's see what he says. Also, we are shooting for two insems this time around - one being at home. That should help with my O most likely falling on New Year's Day when my RE office is closed. This will be our last try until we get a better handle on our finances. 

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate and good luck to all of you in the TWW and all of you with upcoming insems!

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#72 of 101 Old 12-18-2013, 11:58 PM

Thanks, Friederike and Hopefull22!

And yes, DarcySD thanks - you can move me to working on IVF.

I'm still new here and trying to figure out how to keep up with everyone, but so grateful for this space and getting to know each of you and your journey.

Happy holidays and happy baby progress to everyone!

#73 of 101 Old 12-20-2013, 12:11 AM

Pooka, good luck with the insems!  

lrex, welcome, and good luck with the IVF ramp up.

Agrex, thinking of you!  it's hard to imagine what it feels like to get the hopes up this high and then have them dashed, but i'm glad to hear you're trying again.  

Hopeful, thanks for asking!  one interview was today and boy oh boy do i want that job.  i have 2 more in early january.  it's nervewracking.  Also, I don't know if this helps at all, but at our last insem, our RE told us about a couple that had to do 12 insems to qualify for their insurance, and got pregnant on their 12th one.  i don't know what we should take from this except that this is a crazy game with no rules.

Fille, how was your insem?  hope it went great.

Tavi, welcome to you!  

Darcy, i don't know much about injectables and stuff, but there should be a way to lengthen your follicular phase.  i'm blanking on what it is.  crap.  i hope your RE gives you some good advice.  i felt like we always had to kind of do our own research and ask for things, but when we did, they were always receptive.  still, sometimes you just have to lean on their expertise, i suppose.  hope it works out!

afu, we have our first ultrasound on monday, and i'm super anxious.  i don't even want to write too much about it because i'll just go nuts.  but oh boy monday cannot come soon enough.  also, lady's parents arrive saturday to stay for a week.  if we get good news on monday, we plan on telling them right after.  if not, there will be some tears for sure.  angst!

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#74 of 101 Old 12-20-2013, 05:31 PM

It's been so long since I wrote personals that I have a lot to write and fingers crossed for so many of you, for fruitful TWWs (agrex, pookafaye) and sticky babies (sandiegongp) and great job interviews (sandiegongp again), for trying again when things are so, so discouraging (DarcySD, BByH1Pr). fingersx.giffingersx.gif

Mamaetmaman: any progress with your RE? They're sticking by their demand for a donor-surrogate agreement? Have you figured out when you'll be able to try again, with that in the timeline?

Lea2012: Did you end up trying a shipping cycle this month? Or did you decide to wait until January to try again? I hate the shipping process-especially feeling like I have no control over what happens at KD's end of things (did it get cooled, packed and shipped properly). Still glad I can do it, but yuck.

Hopeful22: I'm totally bummed for you about AF showing up! I'm 99.9% sure I'll be there with you in a couple of days. I'm at the 1 year mark of trying and even though I can back through the months and say "okay, there were only a couple months where there was really a 100% good try," the fact that it's an anniversary of my first try really bums me out if I think about it. So, trying not to think about it.

Welcome to Tavi and Lrex, and all my hopes for very short stays. Lrex, I'm particularly happy to have another single parent-to-be join us! I'm 35 and not will to wait anymore to start a family just because I haven't found a life partner, so here I am....

I have updates on how things are going with me, but it's sort of long and ramble-y, so I'll post all that separately.

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#75 of 101 Old 12-20-2013, 06:46 PM

Thanks for all your inquiries and wishes for good luck! Even testing twice a day, I again didn't end up getting a positive OPK this month, and there were some issues with my KD being able to ship when I thought I was about to O last Monday, so I held out, and ended up asking him to ship too late. Basically, I insemmed a couple of days after O (for the second month in a row!), and am expecting AF along early next week. (Darcy, you can move me to Waiting to Know, but I really am quite sure I'll be back in Waiting to O in about four days, so you can just leave me there, if it's easier.)

I was less frustrated with the whole (too long to report in full) debacle of this cycle because the day before I insemmed, I had my follow-up appointment with the RE to discuss the results of the testing I did in November--bloodwork, ultrasound, HSG--and my KD's semen analysis. I was super-nervous, but a (lovely, loving) friend volunteered to go with me, so I had some emotional support in case of bad news. Which I did not get.

First off, KD's semen is excellent. This is awesome, because not only do I not have another KD option, I really, really didn't want to ever have to tell a guy he was shooting blanks. (In a bit of amusing heterocentrism, the SA report had me listed as his "wife". Apparently, this is the only configuration of people that are supposed to be doing semen analyses.)

On my end of things, even though only one tube actually spilled dye during the HSG, RE thought that both tubes are probably open. The only actual irregular result across the testing was high levels of male hormones, indicative of PCOS. (My AMH was good, actually a bit high, also indicative of PCOS.) The possibility that I have PCOS is not surprising as I have Type 2 diabetes and PCOS is strongly linked to insulin resistance. That said, since the issue with PCOS and TTC is that you typically don't ovulate and/or have long/irregular cycles, and I have neither (BBTs show consistent ovulation and labwork from last year shows my post-O progesterone levels are consistent with O), it doesn't seem like this is actually going to be a barrier to getting pregnant. Though, who knows, I have heard that less than ideal blood sugar levels (mine are okay, but not non-diabetic) can make getting pregnant difficult. Anyway, even though there was no clear infertility, RE gave me a Rx for letrozole (Femara) and said it might help things happen faster (by making me ovulate multiple times per cycle), and it might also make the OPKs go positive as well, making it easier for me to time insem. (I'm already taking the other drug they give women with PCOS TTC, Metformin, to control my blood sugar.) He suggested I take the letrozole without any monitoring, 5 mg/day CD3-7. He also said letrozole has about a 5% incidence of multiples, but otherwise minimal side effects (it's a different mechanism than Clomid, so doesn't lead to thinning endo linings and things like that). He said if I was worried about multiples, I could go with a half dose (2.5 mg/day). I took the Rx, but haven't filled it, and am not sure what to do with this new option.

So, here's where your wisdom, experience and hopefully advice come in:
It turns out that a month's supply of letrozole is now super-cheap (yay for generics!), so there's no financial barrier. What would you do if you were me? Try the letrozole? Keep trying without? I'm pretty terrified of having multiples, for both health reasons (I'm already going to be "high risk" because of the diabetes, my age, weight, etc.) and the reality that having twins as a single parent would be a whole magnitude more difficult. Two babies, one parent, oy vey. That said, I'd take raising twins on my own over never getting to have kids. And I'd really like to have 2 kids but have resigned myself to just one because of my age and finances and all that jazz. So, yeah, twins, maybe hard but not a disaster? I am getting pretty tired of trying month after month. Maybe a 5% chance of multiples is worth it, if it means getting pregnant faster? Or does it not make any sense at all to risk multiples, when I have time to keep trying and no definitive need to take the risk? Have any of you had experience taking letrozole, with or without other drugs/monitoring? How did you weigh the risk of multiples when you were thinking about different fertility treatments?

Also, looking back at just my last year of charting, I've O'd on CD15-18 every single month (in previous years, my cycle varied a little more in length). So, instead of screwing around unsuccessfully with OPKs, or going to trying the letrozole, I could try shipping twice a month and insemming on CD15 and CD17. That'll give me pretty good timing most months, and lead to a lot less stress than now, trying to predict when I'm going to O in the face of obstinately negative OPKs. I think my KD might like it as well, since he'd know his shipping day(s) in advance instead of having to wait for my text.

Option 3, I could consider combining the timed approach with taking the letrozole, but I wonder if the letrozole might make me ovulate earlier in the cycle and screw up the timing. Anyone who has tried letrozole, did it make you ovulate earlier than in unmedicated cycles? I tried to get Dr. Google to tell me the answer to this, but couldn't find anything that said one way or the other. It seems like a possibility.

So, yeah, advice...?

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#76 of 101 Old 12-21-2013, 04:47 AM

Fille - no experience with letrozole, but wanted to chime in regarding your consistent O-ing. Since you are using fresh and sometimes O-ing on day 15, I would not wait until day 15 for the first insem - swimmers might miss the egg. Day 14 would probably be safer. I would then maybe move the second one to day 16. With fresh, it's going to stay alive inside you for up to three days, so you should still be fine to catch a day 18 O with a day 16 insem.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#77 of 101 Old 12-21-2013, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Fille, I didn't take those drugs either, but we had to think about the multiples issue as well when deciding how many embryos to transfer (1-3). We too only plan on one pregnancy, also because of age and finances. For me, the 20-25% chance of twins was worth the risk because it heightened the overall chance of getting pregnant at all. Like you, I was so over trying again and again with no result. And it would have been neat to get two children and be done. We thought that if it happens, we'll need prepare to let go some of our ideas on ideal parenting and do stuff like scheduling their sleep and eating times and probably not carry them around as much. Of course there is two of us, but in your place I would evaluate what your support network looks like. Are there friends or family near who could help you when things get tough? I read a lot about families with twins in the last months and many of them stressed that it is the first two years or so where it is really hard, but after that, it get's increasingly easier than with one child, because they have someone to play with and entertain them.

#78 of 101 Old 12-21-2013, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Things are busy over here, so I will be back with more personals on another day.

fille- I have been on letrozole 3 times. All three times, it has significantly shortened my follicular phase (like from day 26 to day 16). I only ever had one dominant follicle, never multiples. It isn't very similar to clomid, which tends to encourage multiple follicles to develop as the dominant one. Letrozole will also not thin your uterine lining as much. It did give me hot flashes though! Lol. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
#79 of 101 Old 12-24-2013, 12:14 AM

Hi everyone - sending happy thoughts to all of you.  I am surfing the mdc site instead of wrapping Christmas presents and stalking threads with baby pictures and dreaming of my own one day. :2whistle  So Cute!   Argh. I am impatient for IVF to be rolling and know it won't be until April probably until implantation.  

Oh - has anyone doing IVF done the CCS chromosone test?

Happy Holidays to all!

#80 of 101 Old 12-26-2013, 06:49 PM

Hello everyone, Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! We have been enjoying our time in Michigan with family and haven't had much time to get online. I have much to catch up on but I wanted to say congrats to those who got their BFPs and Welcome to those just joining.

With the new year finally coming along I am happy to get moved back to waiting to O! We are anticipating AF in the first week of January and are anticipating our IUI by the end of the month. Very excited and also nervous to try again.

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15***20****25****3 0****35****40
#81 of 101 Old 12-27-2013, 01:00 AM

Move me back to waiting to O. AF showed up for Christmas - what a wonderful surprise :irked  Worst part: only an 8 day LP. I was doing well on using the progesterone too, but I guess that holiday stress and being sick was too much. On to January!  In these 5 months of tracking I've now had 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 day LPs. Perhaps we won't be able to stick with our low-tech methodology after all. Debating between getting a referral to an RE to get some diagnostics or perhaps just visiting the acupuncturist that a friend swears by for TTC.

I hope that those of you who celebrated had lovely holidays. Best of luck to those still in the TWW!

#82 of 101 Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 AM

SO sorry to hear about AF showing up.  I would absolutely try going to acupuncture.  We have numerous couples who absolutely swear that acupuncture gave them a sticky baby.  If money is a concern, and it is for almost everyone, if you google community acupuncture you can often find a practice near you that does community acupuncture for  $15-$30 a visit.  Our community acupuncture is amazing and they've told us to try to schedule a session within 24 hours of inseminating, which we did for our most recent cycle.  Not sure if it's worked yet as we're in the TWW but its worth the shot.

#83 of 101 Old 12-27-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

sandiegongp - Thanks for the encouragement. RE decided to let me do more monitoring leading up to O. We will go in on CD8, CD9 & CD11 so nothing get missed this time. CD10 the clinic is closed for the New Year holiday. FX for you two!!

Fille - I have not used letrozole but on clomid I usually ovulate on CD11. Without clomid I usually ovulate anywhere between CD16 & CD21. It made a huge difference for me. As for the risk of multiples, I am on menopur now with a huge risk of multiples. At this point we are just going for it because like Fried, we want a better chance at getting pregnant. 

jam - So glad to hear you will be starting up again soon! 

pookafaye - So sorry to hear about AF. What kind of progesterone are you using? I am taking the vaginal suppositories and AF doesn't show up until I stop taking them for two days. Typically I stop at 14dpo and then get AF two days later. Before I was on the suppositories I used to have a 9-10 day luteal phase. 

I think I moved everyone! Just let me know if I missed you. FX for all of you in the TWW!  

AFM - I had my baseline US and there were some small cysts but the NP said they weren't big enough to cancel the cycle. I started clomid on Christmas and we start the menopur tonight. Going in for a follie check and blood work on Monday. Swimmers (2 vials) will arrive on Monday and it's looking like insems will be on New Year's Eve or day at home and the following day at our clinic. I also found out that IVF might be covered at 50% if I switch health insurance. I am waiting to hear back on exact info but that would be amazing news if this round doesn't work. 

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#84 of 101 Old 12-27-2013, 02:03 PM

Darcy, as expected, my period started on Christmas (Merry Christmas to me!), so can you move me back to Waiting to O.

I'll be inseminating the week of Jan 6 (god willing and the creek don't rise). I've decided to try timing by cycle day (and not trying to make the OPKs miraculously work) for a few months, and then reconsider the letrozole question.

Thanks so much to all of you for your feedback on all the questions I posed. It was so helpful!

Sphinxy, my thinking is that it would make sense to insem on CD14 and CD16 if I weren't shipping. I count the day being shipped as one day off the total time the sperm will live--though I have no idea if this is really true--so a CD15 insem (shipped CD14) will live until about CD16, and a CD17 insem (shipped CD16) will live until about CD18. I could be totally wrong on my reasoning, but that's my thought process.

Fried, appreciate the feedback about support networks. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of close family, and none nearby, so I wouldn't have any real family support, and my close friends are scattered around the world. (I have an aunt and a couple of friends who've said they'll come for a bit after the baby is born (if/when), but that would be very short-term.) I've only lived where I am now for two years. I have made some good friends here, many of whom have/like kids (somewhat intentionally--knowing I'd need a community/support network, I joined the UU church and got involved with their kid programs, so I've befriended some like-minded parents), and I think I'll be able to lean on them a bit, but, realistically, it's going to be me. I'll cope, one baby or two (or none), but it's definitely not the biggest/strongest of support systems.

mamaetmaman and Darcy, thanks for the input on how letrozole (and Clomid) affected your O timing. That definitely helped me to decide to wait on the letrozole and not try to combine it with the timed insems (which I was fairly tempted to do). It seems more logically to give my body a couple more well-timed tries without adding in another variable.

So, here's to a fresh, lucky new year for all of us, and my highest hopes for all of our dreams to come true in 2014!

#85 of 101 Old 12-28-2013, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
fille- no problem! I know the timing of everything can be very confusing- and it often changes with each cycle, which is frustrating.

How's everyone doing in their TWW's?

AFU- DW and I have both been on the Marvelon for several weeks now (which is making us both extremely moody!) and I started my Lupron yesterday at a 20unit daily dose. We continue on the Marvelon until Jan 2, and we should get periods probably on the 4th or 5th. A few days after that I start the stims (Gonal-F). I'm just so relieved that we are finally starting the process. Last time, it got cancelled just before we started the Lupron.

We've been really busy here in the suburbs of Toronto. We were hit with a really bad ice storm, which has cause extensive damage all around the area. Our city was hit the worst, with mature trees coming down on every street, taking down hydro wires and damaging homes and vehicles. Our car was hit by a neighbours tree, and is in the shop for major repairs. We've spent days without power and have had to do a lot of tree clean up and cutting down of dangerous branches. So I've spent the last week dealing with this stress and then having to drive hours out of town to visit in-laws for a few days. In laws who are super sick! So DW and I have been keeping our fingers crossed that we don't catch their illness before we IVF!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy Chanukah (belated), and have a Happy BFP-filled New Year!
#86 of 101 Old 12-28-2013, 04:04 PM

Pook - Sorry to hear about AF, I am hoping that 2014 is a great year for all of us! I've never done acupuncture myself but I have heard great things about it.

Better - Best of luck during your TWW! Are you planning on POS? Hopefully you have a wonderful New Years celebration!

Darcy - Hopefully the extra monitoring is just what you need, at the very least I would think it would help the stress level and help in that aspect of things which has to mean good things for your insems! And IVF at 50% covered would be amazing! When do you have to decide about switching insurance?

File - Sorry to head about AF for you as well, what a crappy Christmas for you and Pook. I know OPKs can be very stressful, it worked out perfectly for me our first round but when I tried to monitor it again myself I was having a hard time again so I get it :(

Mamae - I am glad things are moving a long smoother this go around, FX for this cycle to be the one and you not have to worry about all this mess and moods again! Also, sorry to hear about the weather you've had to deal with! FXs you and DW say healthy as well after visitng the in-laws!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15***20****25****3 0****35****40
#87 of 101 Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 AM

Hey everyone!  Hope all is well.

So, my wife's birthday was yesterday and she took a HPT.  It was positive :)

She took another one today.  Positive again.  We went to the doctor for bloodwork this morning and it came back already.  We are pregnant.  :) We go back on Thursday for more bloodwork.  Her numbers were much higher this time compared to last month so we'll see.  I am hopeful, scared (of course considering everything) but definitely hopeful.  She's been on progesterone since a couple of days after the IUI and they said the numbers looked good today.  Hopefully all goes well.  I guess we can only really wait and see.  Hopefully we are squeaking in as 2013 graduates.  :)

So sorry things didn't work out yet pookafaye.  Glad you seem to be staying positive.  Hang in there!  And enjoy New Year's Eve!

#88 of 101 Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 PM

agrex, I'm so excited for you! fingersx.gif for a sticky, sticky baby!

#89 of 101 Old 12-30-2013, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Congratulations agrex! Sending sticky vibes your way. Happy new year to you!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#90 of 101 Old 12-30-2013, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Agrex!!!! joy.gif fx for you!!

Jam - thanks so much! Unfortunately i just found out the insurance does not cover IVF at all. DW and I are brainstorming other options!

AFM - ultrasound showed 4 small follies under 10mm so we will continue stimming and recheck Thursday.

Would anyone like to volunteer to be thread keeper for January?

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page