Forum Jump: 

#1 of 101 Old 12-01-2013, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

:rotflmao Welcome to the December Thread! :rotflmao

Let's make some early fall 2014 babies

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

TaviPDX

Fmorris28 chartnew.gif

greenpants

bettertomarry

Hopeful22

DarcySD

Jam51212

pookafaye

fillefantome

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww fingersx.gif
Sandiegongp

invitnconceptn

Agrex

Working on IVF
mamaetmaman
SanDiego78

Irex99

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be readywave.gif

lea2012

jwaite05

Kbfs

Lovestreet13
JustAnotherJenny
KWPX2
Twomommyfamily
TineyDreams
Scorpioma
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
heart-n-bones
BByH1Pr

2013 Graduates!

November * Prettyisa :joy * Sevie :joy * Friederike:joy

October * redrockband :joy

August * Lizbian joy.gif* Beastie joy.gif
May * Lovingisliving joy.gif
March * Escher joy.gif * Sotohana joy.gif * Amt1015 joy.gif
February * Granite joy.gif
January * Esenbee2 joy.gif * LindseyW joy.gif * Sphinxy joy.gif

2012 Graduates!

December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#2 of 101 Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the shiny new thread Darcy!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40
#3 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 04:21 AM

hi all, Happy December to you! Just to let you know I had my scan this morning and I'M HAVING A BOY!!! Pretty excited, just need to find a name now. Baby dust to you all and great news about a couple of BFP's xx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#4 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats Liz!! So excited for you! Did you think you were having a boy?

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#5 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
A boy, hurray. That is so great. How are you feeling Liz?

Welcome everybody else to December. Thank you for the new thread Darcy. It is a busy month, which should make any waiting to O or to know a bit more bearable, right? I really net to get started on my christmas shopping though. Time will fly.

Afm, one week until my ultrasound. I can't wait. I am feeling pretty good mostly, can't sleep on my tummy due to killer boobs, pretty tired and a police dog nose (my wife's perfume is the most disgusting thing I know right now *lol*, she had to take it to her office today so it's finally gone from our home). No cramps or bleeding, although I am still majorly paranoid about any twinges in my lower abdomen. Oh and taking 6 progesterone a day, sucks a bit, but I am too happy to complain.

#6 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 07:02 AM

thanks Fried! We're both very excited. TBH I think I'll cope better with a boy, particularly if it's sporty as I was very much a tomboy growing up! I'm feeling great, relieved now that scan's over and everything seemed to be OK. Still better on energy, expecting it to decrease soon. A couple of twinges in stomach but no official kicks yet. Isn't progesterone the most disgusting thing ever?! Great things are going well for you, I didn't have any weird aversions or cravings so it's pretty much been business as usual for me, with a bit less exercise.

Darcy - yep had 10 dreams I was having a boy (none with a girl) and all the'wives tales' symptoms pointed to a boy, including the chinese gender calendar.

Baby dust to everyone else! xxxx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#7 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 07:03 AM

ps the first and only time I'll ever have a willy inside me wink1.gif

#8 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 10:49 AM

Hi, ladies.  Huge congrats to Fried and Agrex!!!!

Darcy, shoot me a message with some contact info and we can commiserate in person :)  I'm not the most available these days, but definitely after the new year.

The good news is I got an interview this Friday, which is great, but it's also when we should know the results of our TWW, so lots to feel anxious about.  Lady was convinced this was not the cycle, but now for some reason finds her temp chart to be promising, so seems to believe she is pregnant.  We don't have a single test in the house, which is blessing/curse territory, but I've ordered some more (thanks Amazon Prime!) so tomorrow we will be able to start POAS like the nutcases we seem to be right now ;)

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#9 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 10:51 AM

PS Huge congrats Liz! 

and also, Fried, SIX PROGESTERONE!?!?!?  holy [expletives].  we're barely managing with 1/day.  how do you do it?  are they pills or suppositories?

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#10 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Friederike - I hope this week flies by!! So excited for you!

Liz - wow that's so cool re all the boy dreams. I have had dreams about twin girls before so I guess only time will tell. Too funny about the willy inside of you - haha!

Sandiegongp - congrats on the interview. FX for a bfp! I will send you my contact info.

Afm - went for blood work and US this morning and news wasn't good. Lining was really thin and and only 1 follie at 13mm. Today is CD8 and I will be going in for another US on CD10. RE gave me estradiol to help with my lining and upped the Menopur to 3 vials per night. Looks like best case scenario will be 1 good follie with an insem around Friday. I am hoping my blood work comes out normal so that we can continue with this cycle.

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#11 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 01:32 PM

It is so fascinating, that dreams can come true like that. I am curious when I'll have my first baby dream. So far I either woke up in the middle of the night scared of miscarrying or in the last nights slept like a stone, but apparently tossing and turning a lot without me noticing. My wife decided to move out of the bedroom today, because last night I kept her up for hours kicking around. Her first grumpy words this morning were, that we should just forget that crazy idea of a family bed.

Darcy, thank you. It feels so great that you guys are all so supportive.

Sandiego, I hope her intuition is true. And good luck with the interview. I hope you double lucky.

Also TMI warning
Sandiego, yes 6 twat stuffers a day, 2 every 8 hours. The mess is unbelievable. And it is sometimes a bit scary, because it feels like bleeding on the way out.
sandiegongp likes this.

#12 of 101 Old 12-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Congrats Liz!  I'm not sure what I'll do if I end up with a more feminine child.  I guess I'll have to learn :)  I was, and am, a tomboy.  So excited for you.

Sandie- good luck and hang in there! I actually started running regularly recently which is helping my anxious feelings during this whole thing.  Plus I quit smoking over the summer to prepare so I figured I'd continue down the "healthy stuffs" path. But regular physical exercise has been helping me cope.  I found an awesome app that's been keeping me motivated to run more frequently (I used to get bored during runs). and it involves zombies, so I figure it is a win-win.

Darcy- Good luck and hang in there.

AFU- So she went for blood work today to check her numbers and we will get the results tomorrow.  Just hope everything is going ok.  I feel like I'm walking on egg shells right now.  Good thing I have finals and craziness at work to keep me busy all week :)  And I decided to get sick so I am avoiding getting too close at the moment.  Plenty going on and super excited for the holidays.

#13 of 101 Old 12-03-2013, 08:06 AM

Thank you for keeping me on here. I've been trying, but found it emotionally challenging to keep up. I'm glad to hear that there have been some pregnancies and I hope your pregnancies are easy!
I'm on a break this month due to holiday travel. When we start again after the holidays, we'll be doing medicated iuis with monitoring and also a new sperm donor. I'm excited, our new donor is gay and that makes me really happy and he has prior pregnancies. I have my fingers crossed.

#14 of 101 Old 12-03-2013, 04:43 PM

Hey everyone. Please move us to waiting to O. The tests weren't good, hCG was down to a 3. So, now we wait some more.  Guess we won't be having an August baby after all.  I think the hardest part is not having a clear reason or answer.  Ahh well, no one said this would be easy.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

#15 of 101 Old 12-03-2013, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Darcy- the estradiol should thicken your lining up nicely by Friday. Good luck on Friday!

Liz- a boy! Congrats! How exciting to find out. I have always thought that I'd know nothing about raising a boy (only ever had women around me- no brothers!). Obviously, I'd be happy with either.

fried- lol with your description of the progesterone. I've been on it too before, and it is a yucky mess. Especially when it melts and you're scared that the entire volume has gone to waste in your underwear.

agrex- I'm so sorry to hear about your HCG. I can't imagine how you and your DP are feeling. Hugs.

afm- saw the endocrinologist today and got the results of my full endocrine and thyroid panel from last month- completely clean and normal. The endocrinologist questioned the reliability of the RE's lab, as my levels were all excellent. Just in case, she repeated the bloodwork today, so I had 9 more vials taken from me this morning, and I am scheduled for a head MRI in a few weeks.

However, she cleared me to start IVF again, so I called the RE's office and spoke with the nurse about getting back on our plan. She said she was going to "review my chart" and call me back in a few minutes. This was at 11am. I never heard back from her. I am shocked and appalled by the lack of professionalism at this clinic. I emailed her as well, because I'm on cycle day 1 today, and will need to get my cycle synced with DW's again soon- with those damn oral contraceptives- if we are to salvage this cycle. I'm so frustrated because this whole "endocrine scare" was unnecessary and has wasted 3 months!!
#16 of 101 Old 12-03-2013, 07:23 PM

agrex - so sorry to hear about the dropping hcg levels. It is such a hard thing to go through. I'm sending lots of good thoughts to you.

mama - I can't believe how frustrating your experience with your RE's office has been. I hope they get their act together and that you're able to proceed with IVF this month!

Sending good thoughts to everyone else out there - whatever stage you're at in this process. 

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****30***3 5****40
#17 of 101 Old 12-03-2013, 09:51 PM

Agrex, I am SO sorry to hear that, and can only imagine the frustration and disappointment.  

Mama, I honestly can't even handle how awful that practice sounds.  I would just give them hell.  I mean, I know you need to be collegial and whatnot, but if they actually fuck up your cycle, that's just not worth preserving niceties.  I get overassertive sometimes though, so ignore me ;)

fried, your comment cracked me up!  good for you for doing all that twat stuffing and getting through it with a sense of humor :)

AFM, we just got a 11dpiui very, very faint bfp...we are being very cautious because it could be/mean anything, and agrex's situation is a very timely reminder that the stats and whatnot are not in favor of the sticking, however, just knowing that it can even faintly show up is exciting.  she poas at 9pm, so it was not a very accurate testing time, either, we know, so we're going to do the proper fmu test tomorrow and of course see what happens in the days to come.  this sort of reminds me of how it feels to have a skype interview for a tenure track job my first time on the market--it's such a great sign that it could totally happen for me/us, even if it's not going to turn out this time.  it's great to have something to reignite hope when you've been slogging along.  now to go try to focus on grading even though all i can think about is lady's first pee of tomorrow morning!

we had a funny moment where lady took the test, then another one to make sure, and then made me take one to make sure this batch of tests wasn't messed up--since i'm not as skilled at poas, i peed on my hands, dropped the cup in the toilet, and lady was outside wondering why i was shrieking and screaming.  my test did not have any faint lines, so we know there's something in her pee that's making that line show up.  and now i have a deeper appreciation for what all of you go through with all of the opks and other tests.  

#18 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 02:06 AM

San Diego - I had this funny feeling when I sent you those OPKs that you might not need them. I still have my first, very faint BFP stick from 10 DPO. Is it weird to keep something with pee on it?? Anyway, best of luck with the FMU!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#19 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 04:36 AM

Agrex, I am so sorry to hear that. Chemical pregnancies just suck big time. Hope and healing to you and your wife. It seems like you'll try again right away? I heard that this is a good chance to get a good positive just after a verry early mc because the body was already exposed to hcg. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Mama, yessss, you're back at last. How frustrating that it was unneccessary, but great that you can finally do the IVF cycle. I look forward to hearing how the reciprocal procedure works. It is a great solution to share the misery of shots. It was our back-up plan as well to try with my wife's (better quality) eggs. I am very happy for you. And at least you have the full panel done proving you're in excellent health.

Sandiego, how exciting though. Will she get a blood test? Stick little baby stick.

Sphinxy, yeah, it is a bit odd, but who cares. It just shows how loved and treasured our kids were right from the start.
I think I'll just photograph all tests (15 internet cheapos, 2 CB digis, 2 regular drugstore dye tests so far) and then trash them. Later we can put this picture in the baby album next to the photograph of the embryos from transfer day. We also kept the pictures from the loss in April and plan to write a little note about how there was an embryo that didn't live, but that the little star is still in our hearts. I think such a fact can be tastefully included in a baby album and it can help overcome the shame and silence that surrounds the phenomenon as a whole. I never realized how prevalent losses, early and late, are until we started TTC.

#20 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 08:51 AM

this morning the second line was even fainter.  boo!  we'll see what happens in the next 2 days, but before anybody (me) gets too excited, there's today's dose of reality.  reality sucks!

#21 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Just a quick post will be back for personals later. Sandiegongp - fx for you! is DP taking progesterone?

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#22 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 11:41 AM

Sandiego - careful about reading to heavily into the shade of the line, especially less than 24 hours apart. As the saying goes, "a line is a line". Some people never get dark lines. The fact is, she's pregnant. I really hope for you both that she stays that way. Unfortunately, it's hard to stop worrying that something will go wrong even once the blood tests confirm it, even once the ultrasound confirms it, heck - even once the kid is HERE. Congrats for today. No matter what happens, it is a really good sign that she was able to get pregnant.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#23 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 02:12 PM

Sandiego- I agree with exatly what Sphinxy said. I'm sending sticky vibes your way and am crossing my fingers that this is it.

Mama- Did you hear back from the RE's office? If they don't get back to you do you have other options for RE's in your area? I am not really familiar with your story but it sounds like you have gone through a lot of really frustrating stuff.

Agrex- hugs to you and your DP. I am sorry it didn't stick.

Liz- Congratulations on your baby boy!!

Darcy- Thanks for the new thread. Was your ultrasound today? How did it go? My fingers are crossed that the estradiol did a wonderful job of thickening your lining.

Fried- Yay for all your pregnancy symptoms and being too happy to complain! I have always thought that it would be lovely to have those early symptoms because it means you are pregnant!!!

AFM- Please move us to TWW. We did our first insem on Sunday night. Our KD wasn't available this cycle so we used a back up KD, who is my DP's best friend. I am a little worried about using KD2 since he doesn't look anything like my DP and his family seems to have very strong features. Also, his gf is currently pregnant and since we don't plan on being very vocal about who our donor is, I am worried the babies would look alike. But, at the end of the day, I care more about having a LO then where the sperm comes from and we are so fortunate to have a back up option. My temps have been wacky and haven't really gone up yet so we are trying for another insemination tonight, even though all other signs point to O on Sunday. Is it possible that I already ovulated even if my temp didn't raise that much?

Also, out of curiosity, how important is it to you/DP that a donor have similarties to the parent who isn't genitically linked? My partner is trans and there are some people who he isn't out to and I wouldn't want people to question it if our baby doesn't look like him. He is mexican and has beautiful dark features and tan skin and I am pretty pale, so using a mexican donor would be ideal for us, which is what KD1 is.

Ok, I'm rambling now. Time to get back to work! :p

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#24 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Another quickie until I get home from work tonight but I need advice. My lead follicle is 18mm and I have a couple smaller ones now too. He told me to trigger tonight with an insem on Friday at 2:30 (the only appt he had available). Here is my dilemma - historically I ovulate the next day after finding an 18mm follie. I have done 2 other medicated cycles where I ovulated really quickly and I am just worried my insem will be too late. I am supposed to trigger tonight at 2:30 am but feel like I am probably already surging on my own. Anyone btdt with injectables? Thanks so much.

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#25 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Darcy-I thought with injectables Dr's are usually looking for a follie bigger than 18. Mine were around 20. What CD are you? Is this when you typically ovulate? What makes you think you are surging? Is your cervix high, open, soft and pink? I think those are better indicators than and OPK if you are using those. The timing he gave you is 36 hours after trigger for IUI. That could work just fine. I know this is the most stressful part of the process! If it were me, I would trust what the ultrasound showed. You can also see if they might be able to squeeze you in a little earlier or keep you on call for any cancellations. Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#26 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the quick response pokey! I am CD10 but what concerns me most is that in the past I surged on my own both times they found an 18mm follie. Ovulating on CD11 and CD12 the next month. I did opks back then and also had O confirmed by US the next day. I will have DW check my cervix tonight and I already asked to be on waitlist for cancellations. Thank you so much for your input and support. This timing stuff is crazymaking!

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#27 of 101 Old 12-04-2013, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

BByH1Pr - Welcome back! Yay for new gay donor. I just came back after a long break so I don't recall how long you have been trying. 

agrex - I am so sorry. I hope you are able to try again really soon. 

mama - Thanks the estradiol did work! My lining was 9.5 today. So glad to hear all your results came back normal and that you are all clear for IVF! Did you hear back from the nurse yet? I find this part of TTC to be so frustrating and am not thrilled with my RE office by any means. If I didn't have Kaiser I would have switched a long time ago..I hope you heard back and can start ASAP. 

Hopeful22 - Thanks for the good thoughts. My lining is good to go! That's so great you have a couple options even if one of them isn't your ideal match. I will sometimes get a slow rise on temps after I have ovulated. I think it's different for everyone but historically do you get a sharp spike? We tried our best to find a donor who was similar to DW but not exact. She has brown hair and blue eyes and the donor is dark blond and hazel. I was more concerned regarding overall features, intelligence, health, height etc..but we are using frozen. If we could find a KD I would be much less picky! 

AFM - Ahhh the timing crap is going kill me. Went for CD10 US today and RE said to trigger at 2:30 a.m. tonight/this morning and insem Friday. There was lots of activity on the US monitor and I feel like my ovaries are going to burst at any moment - so much pressure. My estradiol is 1084 but I only found that out because I checked online. I have no idea what that really means but I am glad to see it rose from 140 on Monday. If this doesn't work this month I will definitely be ordering two vials and have a midwife do an additional insem (My RE will only do 1) so I don't lose my mind. The swimmers arrived this afternoon so that went off without a hitch. RE also wants me to do 3 more vials of menopur tonight for the hell of it to see if any of the smaller follies will have a shot. It's been many months since I have done this and it's just as stressful as I remember. I am trying to keep calm by going to yoga, breathing and just trying to relax. I know the stress doesn't help things. 

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#28 of 101 Old 12-05-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful22 View Post

Also, out of curiosity, how important is it to you/DP that a donor have similarties to the parent who isn't genitically linked? My partner is trans and there are some people who he isn't out to and I wouldn't want people to question it if our baby doesn't look like him. He is mexican and has beautiful dark features and tan skin and I am pretty pale, so using a mexican donor would be ideal for us, which is what KD1 is.

Ok, I'm rambling now. Time to get back to work! :p

Threadcrashing....my DD looks so much like her donor and not much like me at all (and I'm the carrying mama).....genetics are funny and it can be a crap shoot what baby will look like. 

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#29 of 101 Old 12-05-2013, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks for your thoughts lea, sandiego, hopeful, fried, and Darcy and everyone else!

After 3 emails and 2 phone calls, I finally heard back from the RE's office. One nurse basically blamed it on another. Ugh. I hate that shit. Anyway, we have progress, I went in for my day 3 bloodwork, start Marvelon again today (to sync with DW's cycle), and probably start Lupron on the 24th. But before we stim, the clinic requires that we do a "donor/surrogate agreement" even though we're married. It's such a farce because in the event that there is a divorce, the legal document won't hold up in court anyway! But they wot proceed until we have one done by a lawyer. We've contacted one, and it'll be another thousand dollar hoop to jump through. I am so frustrated with the heterocentric system!!!
#30 of 101 Old 12-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Mama, heterocentric is right!  and heterosexist, too!  When I think of all the things we have to pay for and go through that hetero couples do not....grr.  The only thing that I can say is probably easier in general with queer couples is that conception and infertility issues do not directly affect our sex lives--that is, we can have sex without necessarily having to think about the difficulty we're having getting pregnant.  Other than that....well, I"ll just start ranting about money again, so I'll move on.  But, Mama, I'm SO glad things are moving forward, and sorry that someone tried to pass the buck.  Taking responsibility is nice too...

Afu, I'm grading paper and prepping for my interview tomorrow, still shaken up from when a student had an epileptic attack in my class today.  she's okay now, and it wasn't her first nor her worst, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still terrifying for her and her roommates who came to help.  while this is going on, tomorrow morning lady is going to take a blood test because it will be 14dpiui and we now have 6 pee sticks with increasingly visible, albeit still faint, positives.  the one from tonight is really excitingly darker than the ones before.

again, this could not stick around, but it's so fun right now because we really had lost hope that lady would get pregnant by our donor and/or by iui.  or even at all.  so, everything works!  so far!  now all i want to do is buy onesies, but it's probably a really good thing that i don't have the time to even online window shop.  !!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page