Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2014, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Oh mama I am so so sorry. Sending hugs and healing to you and DW. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I'm so sorry. Could it be a twin that didn't make it or is it so low they know for sure? Take care of each other at this time. You'll be back when you're ready.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Mama, I'm so sorry. That's heartbreaking. hug2.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 02-08-2014, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sending love, mamaetmaman.

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

Old 02-08-2014, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you everyone. Lady's HCG level on Friday was a dismal 14. It had dropped by over half. She started bleeding a little today. We have 4 more good quality and 1 not great quality blastocysts in the freezer, and will try again with her at the next appropriate cycle. Hopefully I'm back on this thread soon :)

Thanks for all the support everyone.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM

I'm back after a long time away. Last year around this time I was on this board trying to figure out how to get the ball rolling on having our first baby and got just the help/advice I needed. My wife and I are now expecting our baby on April 18th (so you, know sometime around there). 

Old 02-11-2014, 11:40 AM

Congratulations hallerm! We're glad to have you back. How has the pregnancy been?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:04 PM

Everything is going well so far -- medically at least. I'm super tired of swelling and sleeping horribly but all things considered those are fairly mild complaints. Thanks! Glad to be back :) 

Old 02-11-2014, 02:40 PM

That's so funny, hallerm. The 18th is my daughters birthday. smile.gif. Glad everything is still going well! We should have lunch soon.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome back hallerm, I added you and your EDD to the front page. Only a couple months away, how exciting! 

Old 02-13-2014, 01:24 PM

mama--sending your dp and you healing vibes, and hope to see you back here soon--growing one (or a couple) of those waiting blasts.

isa--did you end up getting to see your fetuses before your trip?  any news about the sex of your coming babes?

gamitzer--how are you doing?

welcome hallerm!!

it's been pretty quiet over here...how are you all doing?  

i'm at 38.5 weeks, and am feeling really ready and excited to birth and meet this baby.  my dog was acting even more oddly than she has been during the rest of this pregnancy yesterday, and then i had a ton of consistent braxton hicks contractions in the evening and during the night.  but, today they have completely stopped, and i'm really disappointed to not be in labor.  for those of you who already have a child/ren, how and when did your (or your dp's) labor start?  my midwife has four kids and they were all born past 42 weeks!  it horrifies me to have to wait that long and be that pregnant.  

Old 02-15-2014, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hi there!  Love to be added...  My wife and I are expecting October 22, 2014!  So far so good, great betas (Day 13-189 and Day 16-802).  Seem pretty high and quickly multiplying from what we've read but whether it's one or two, we're thrilled.  We have 7 and 12 year old boys already.

Mama to DS1 2001  and DS2 2006  and boy/girl twins 9/2014 .  Raising our family with my wife in the mountains  
Old 02-15-2014, 07:49 PM

Hey all, still pregnant, but I'm being induced tomorrow when I hit 41 weeks! I am so uncomfortable, mostly back pain, so I am welcoming the induction. Fingers crossed it progresses well and I don't need further intervention. When DS1 was born (my ex wife gave birth), he arrived at 38w1d. Man, do I wish I had that kind of luck!! I hope all of you are feeling well. Here's hoping I have DS2 in my arms soon!

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
Old 02-15-2014, 07:58 PM

good luck tomorrow, gamitzer!  so excited you get to meet your ds2 soon!

Old 02-16-2014, 05:12 AM

Yay, gamitzer! I was plenty done by 41 weeks, too! I hope it all goes smoothly!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Good luck Gamitzer. I hope everything works smoothly and you and babe have a good birthing experience.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:06 AM

mama - I'm so sorry to hear that, but happy you have some other blasts frozen. Good luck with them.

Hallerm - welcome back. I'm due 20th April x

lblueridgemama welcome to you too - how exciting!

breadandcoffee I think by the time I get to 38 weeks I'm going to be pretty sick and tired of being pregnant!!!

gamitzer - hope it all went well!

AFM not too much going on here at 31weeks, although just the last few days I'm knackered. Photographed a wedding on Friday and I think it tipped me over the edge.I've got an ultrasound on Thursday to see if my placenta's still lying low so excited about seeing pinto again.

The great news here though is that one of my friends was going for IVF no 5 (she's straight). I told her to ask them about a couple of procedures they don't usually offer - endometrial scratching & laser assisted hatching (they say there's no proof they work) and guess what? SHE'S PREGNANT!! I'm so stoked for her, yet annoyed at the clinic for not mentioning it any of the other 4 times. Bastards just in it for the money.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 02-17-2014, 07:28 PM

Breadandcoffee--we sort of did, but needed to wait for confirmation today, because one was being shy and we couldn't guarantee that we had the right answer.

lblueridgemama--welcome! smile.gif

Lizbian--that's wonderful about your friend! And it sucks that she had to wait so long for them to find a combination that worked.

AFM--Whelp, the official results are official--two baby boys! And no other concerns to report, which was very reassuring. The ultrasound tech was also pregnant, and it was interesting talking to her about doing her job while also trying not to freak out about her own baby. We're really excited about the boys--it took me a minute to say a mental goodbye to all of the cute little girl outfits hanging out in the basement, but the idea of brothers as possible best friends (my dad and his brother are incredibly close) got me over the ruffle-butt leggings and little mary jane socks that will have to find new homes.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 AM

Benjamin Walter is here! He arrived 2/17 at 8:24pm. 7lbs, 10oz, 20" long, super cute! I went in for induction but never progressed past 4cm (after bulb, pit, water broken, etc.), so after about 28 hours we agreed to a c/s. It actually was not that tough of a choice because it seemed like nothing would get me past 4cm. I'm sore but so happy to have this little guy in my arms after almost 42 weeks of pregnancy!! I tried to embed a pic, I hope it worked. smile.gif

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
Old 02-18-2014, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Congratulations, he is beautiful. joy.gif

Old 02-18-2014, 07:47 AM

Gamitzer--what a gorgeous little boy! Congratulations! I hope you heal quickly and get to enjoy every minute with that sweet little bub!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:32 AM

gamitzer--Benjamin is excessively lovely.  congratulations!  i hope you recover well and enjoy getting to know your new little one.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:56 AM

isa--wow, two boy babies at once!  congratulations...so exciting!  were you hoping for any particular sex?  my dp reminded me that she and i used to picture having a girl child first, and then two boys at once.  i have no idea where that configuration came from, but it was our fantasy for a long time.  now, with one 39+ week baby pushing against my ribs, i can't imagine how i'd ever manage two at once.  how is your pregnancy going thus far?

lizbian--i hope your placenta position check goes well.  31 weeks should be an interesting time to get to see the babe flipping around in there.  if you're able to take naps now and then, i found they really helped keep me from getting overly exhausted and worn out.  and, that's awesome about your pregnant friend...5 ivfs must have been really intense to endure.

welcome blueridgemama!  

afm--i'm just hanging out a little past 39 weeks, wondering when the ball wedged against my ribs is going to come out and become a real baby.  i'm home today cooking potato leek soup to freeze for the midwives and my dp to eat during labor, plus banana bread and some other simple meals and snacks to have on hand after the birth.  for those of you who already have children, how long was your dp/dw home from work after your baby's birth?  my dp will have a full week off for spring break at the end of march, so we're really counting on that time for hanging out together, but it has been hard to plan for how much time she'll take right away.  it depends a bit on exactly when the baby is born, and it's such an unusual situation to not know when that will be!  she's not worried about missing out on bonding, but is worried about leaving me at home by myself too quickly.  

Old 02-18-2014, 10:49 AM

he is lovely, @gamitzer ! congrats! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 02-18-2014, 10:53 AM

Congratulations gamitzer! What a wonderful baby boy! I hope you are healing well and enjoying the new addition to the family.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

lblueridgemama: Welcome! I added you and your EDD to our front page roster. 

gamitzer: Congrats, he is beautiful. 

lizbian: Great news about your friend. Do you live near each other? 

prettyisa: Two boys, how exciting! I don't remember, do you have boy names picked out? Or was that turning out to be difficult? My DW has recently discovered that she is hoping for a girl, which surprises her. 

AFM: We got back last night from our trip to Little Rock and our baby shower. It was great. Our little family is so loved and supported. I feel really lucky. A coworker commented on my giant belly today. I feel like I am growing at an exponential rate. I feel good though. We went on a pretty intense hike in LR and it felt great. I can't wait for warmer weather here so that we can get out and hike more. 

So this weird thing happened on Saturday night. We started our travels after very little sleep at about 7 am, had a delay and long layover in Dallas and finally made it to our destination at about 6 pm. I was tired, but felt okay. We went to dinner with a bunch of friends and then to a bar we all used to go to. All of a sudden I wasn't feeling so well. I told J I wanted to go after her game of pool. Then, I started to get really dizzy and light-headed, blurry vision. I told J I was going to go outside to get some fresh air. As soon as I got outside I threw up. We went back to where we were staying and went to bed. I felt fine the next day, but it kind of freaked me out. I am assuming all is well with baby, does this seem like something I should worry about or call my midwife about? 

Old 02-21-2014, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh you guys, I just got off the phone with my midwife and I'm so so sad. We had our anatomy scan yesterday and were soooo happy. Baby looked great, was moving around a ton and all was great. The tech told me the placenta was barely over my cervix and she was going to put complete placenta previa in the chart. I didn't think it was a big deal at all. I'd already read about it and new it was a high possibility and that 80-90% of them move. Then my midwife called today after she got the scan and she told me it likely won't move since it's a complete previa. I am devastated. I really want a vaginal homebirth and most definitely not a c-section. I am taking a day or so to be sad and then will be hopeful until the follow up scan in 12 weeks. Any stories of complete previa's moving are welcome :) 

Hope you all are doing great! 

Old 02-21-2014, 04:53 PM

Sorry redrockband. I had a complete previa and it totally moved out of the way and I had a vaginal birth. My doctor called it complete but didn't say exactly where it was. I imagine the cervix was covered completely by placenta, but I don't know if the placenta was centered on the cervix or to the side. It seems like that might make a difference. I never had any bleeding either. Did your midwife give you any restrictions? There is a good chance that it will move out of the way, so think about it but don't get too bummed because you don't know for sure what will happen.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:27 AM

Breadandcoffee--So soon! My DP took about two weeks altogether with DD--one day we thought I was going into labor, then at work the next day, and she finally came the day after that, which was a Wednesday, and then she stayed home through the next week. She then took FMLA leave when DD was 2 months old and we spent the first 4 weeks off together traveling and visiting family before I went back to work and DP had another 8 weeks home with the baby. It was so wonderful, and I'm really sad that this time her new job means no FMLA leave. It's a more flexible job, so she should still get in lots of bonding time, and we are a lot more comfortable with daycare (since they basically treat DD as family) so it's not a huge deal, but it was great to have the extended time together. Do you have any other relatives that will be around to help out after the birth? You might have an easy transition to parenting, or you might not. It depends on so many factors that you can't really predict beforehand. I had an easy time of it (and a particularly chill baby) so by the third week I was fine being left home, except for a burning desire to leave the house every day.

Redrock--sorry about the previa--I agree with Pokey, don't give up hope yet. I keep thinking that until we get to 32ish weeks there's still possibilities for everything to move around before any preliminary decisions are made about the birth. It's not a bad idea to have a birth plan for c-section handy just in case (so you can make the choices that are important to you if that becomes necessary) but I think that's true for everyone. Hopefully it will just move out of the way and you won't have to worry about it!

AFM--I'm excited about the boys, though it took a few minutes. I think I always pictured myself as just having girls (which is silly, I realize) and the idea of boys seems foreign. DP really really wanted boys, though, so she is thrilled. I think my problem is the same one I would have with any genetic disorders if we found out before they arrive--once you have a baby in your arms you can look past the defining characteristics and just

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Pokey and Isa. It's great to hear stories like yours Pokey. I spent Friday and Saturday pretty bummed and a little worried but am convincing my mind and body that it will resolve and if it doesn't, we'll deal with it then. The only restrictions I have are pelvic rest, which isn't a big deal. I'm not lifting anything heavy either, but she didn't say that I just thought I should take it easy in that department. 

Isa: I'm sure my DW can relate. We found out the sex of the baby at our scan. We had been pretty adamant that we weren't going to, but DW really wanted to know and because of her sudden feelings of wanting a girl it might be a good thing we did cause it's a boy! DW is in shock, which is funny because me and everyone else have been certain it was a boy. I think she'll be excited soon, she just got really excited about raising a girl differently than she was raised, very traditional, conservative, women don't work and only take care of their men and make babies and if they work they can be a nurse or a secretary. We still aren't telling anyone else we know it's a boy because we REALLY want to avoid people forcing stereotypes on our unborn kiddo, so you all are the only ones that know. Shhhh. 

User Tag List