Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 158 Old 03-31-2014, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

aw, i love baby stripes. they match my striped maternity wardrobe! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#122 of 158 Old 04-01-2014, 09:50 PM

Thanks for the warm welcomes  :D

I love the baby stripes too. Robots, monsters, and dinosaurs are fun to dress both kids in though  :)  It's been fun but challenging dressing a boy. I do think A ends up in lots of blue but it's a great color on him. Pastels with pops of neon seems to be the color thing for Spring so the wardrobe we just bought for his new size is pretty fun. We've always tried to avoid the pink avalanche with S but it's pretty hard. Inevitably there will be something I really like aside from being pink and then we'll get a million pink things from friends and family. Also, she adores flowers and every day when I ask he what she wants to wear it has to be flowers. I just go with it - I like seeing who she is and I don't want to get in the way of that.

I can't believe how many of you are so close to your due dates. I remember watching so many of you graduate and that feels like yesterday!

AFM - I had my first appointment with the Perinatologist yesterday and I really liked her. She seems like she will keep me accountable to taking care of myself but also be very supportive. I have borderline high blood pressure, asthma and am still overweight despite losing over 25 lbs while TTC. The upshot is that I will have lots of extra prenatal visits which I happen to find reassuring since I've had a few miscarriages years back. I've had 2 ultrasounds so far and it's so nice to see that reassuring flicker of a heartbeat and know I'm still on track. As for symptoms - I'm just exhausted and ravenously hungry when I don't eat every few hours. It's been very hectic here since we moved to a new house last week and I'm still unpacking and trying to get the house in order and plan a birthday party for DD on Sunday. It wasn't helped by losing my medication for chronic fatigue syndrome in the move and going a full week without. I'm just starting to pull myself back together again. Here's to things calming down soon!

****5**diaper.gif*10****15****20****25****30****35****40

#123 of 158 Old 04-02-2014, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Welcome Pooafaye! So great to have some more pregnant folk join us. There has been a big gap. It's great that you aren't feeling too sick. I didn't either and can't imagine how hard that would be. I hope things calm down for you soon. I'm ready for that as well. I feel like we are constantly working on one project or five until baby gets here. 

Isa: What a great deal for the freezer! I wonder if we have anything like that here. Haven't figured out anything with the midwife yet. We see her next Tuesday. How's the boys' room coming along? When do twins usually get in a better position for a vaginal birth? Is there a cut off day?

Liz: How exciting. I hope I am still up for walking the dogs when we are 3 weeks from our due date. It's already hard!

AFM: Met with the high risk OB on Friday. I still have a complete placenta previa, but she did say it looked a little better. It's covering my cervix opening by 1 cm, so it has 3 cm to move for a home birth. 2 cm for a try at a hospital vaginal birth. We go back in 8 weeks to check on it, which will be 33 weeks. If it still hasn't cleared we'll go back at 36 weeks. If it's still complete they'll do a c-section at 37 weeks. I'm trying to stay positive. She said there is about a 50% chance it will resolve. Everything else is great. I feel good for the most part and my weight gain has slowed down. I was a little worried for a bit, and I passed my glucose test. We found out on Monday that my BFF is having a girl. She was kind of disappointed. It was funny because she said well if you have a boy they can get married. Then she said, well I guess if you have a girl they can still get married. haha

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#124 of 158 Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

redrock - I really hope the placenta sorts itself out, but if it doesn't I am sure you can still have a positive Cs experience.Both of my coworkers had planned Cs recently and it seems that with the right hospital, they can actually be somewhat gentle, encourage early bonding and so on. Sending you positive placenta moving vibes.

I am curious about the glucose test, because I am also facing that one next week.

Did you guys do anything to prepare to get better results? I've read to avoid sugars in the days before and to eat some protein in the morning. Is it better to drink a lot beforehand?  I am a bit scared, because I almost never drink sodas or eat candy or sweets (except small cups of ice cream occasionally) so my body isn't used to sugar rushes at all.

#125 of 158 Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liz--wow, that is a LOT of babies! You're lucky to have that cohort! It's so different for me this time--everyone I know is pregnant or has just had a baby, whereas last time I was the only one for 6 months on either side. I'm really excited to have some other parents to hang out with on leave, especially since my next door neighbor is due a week after me, so we'll definitely be able to laze about without having to really go anywhere. Also, we don't tell anyone names until the kids arrive, either. It's just too easy for people to casually decimate them and then you have to start all over. Once the kid is there and named they have to be polite!

Pook--I go with the pink, too. Honestly, pink is a nice color! As long as they wear other colors and not just the one all the time. Ugh. I can imagine how tiring all of that is in the first tri even without chronic fatigue. Glad things are getting better!

Redrock--well, there's a level floor in there now, which is very novel! Still need to frame out the doors (there are going to be three, in all--one for the bedroom, one to the landing for the attic stairs, and one to the basement) which is going to be tricky, but not impossible, get a level ceiling on there (also tricky but not impossible), add more insulation, close up an existing window, drywall, paint, and finish installing the electrical outlets and ceiling fan. Oh, and add whatever flooring we decide on. That sounds like a long list, but I'm expecting it to be 4-5 days of solid work, tops. It's funny being out there with the new floor--the windows are lower (though still waist-height) and the whole thing just feels more solid, even though it was built to be at an angle, so ever unstable. I'm not sure if they'll move or not--I read somewhere that they do tend to closer to the birth, so hopefully that will happen. If not, I'm going to just get on board for a C-section and not be too upset about it. I feel like knowing in advance gives me the opportunity to make that as much the birth I want as it can be (choosing music, going over the procedure so I know what to expect, etc), so I'm going to try to maximize that and be grateful that if it's a planned C at least it's not an emergency one taking me by surprise. I hope your placenta moves! 50% is still good odds!

Fried--I just passed mine! If they don't make you fast, you can nudge it a bit in the right direction by drinking lots of water beforehand and eating something like cheese, which won't turn into sugar and can help balance you out a bit. If you really do have GD, though, it'll still get you. The stuff tastes like overly sweetened Tang--it's not terrible, but definitely kind of gross.

AFM---so, passed the glucose test, but also found out that I'm anemic. So now I'm on iron, which is making me both nauseous and more perky, so I guess it's good. I actually had the energy last night to work on my daughter's birthday present quilt for her upcoming big girl bed.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#126 of 158 Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Fried: You're right. We did talk to the ob quite a bit about what the c-section would look like, who would do it and about having a more 'family-centered" c-section. They will let the baby stay with us the whole time and do skin to skin and breastfeed right away if everything goes well. This is so different than the c-section I watched when my niece was born. Thanks for the positive vibes. I talked to my midwife about the test before and mentioned that I eat far less sugar than the average american. She said it should be fine, but that if I was worried I could eat more carbs in the days leading up to the test. I didn't end up doing it, just ate normal and tried to be as active as possible. I'm sure you'll do fine. 

Isa: how fun that your neighbor is due right after you. That would be so fun. That does sound like a lot of work, but I'm sure it will fly by. It seems like the prep work takes the longest. My red blood cells and hemoglobin were on the low side. My midwife is out of town so I'm not sure what she thinks about iron supplements. I read that if you have previa you should take one so we'll see what she says. I started with some liquid veggie based stuff a couple days ago and it's not terrible. 

#127 of 158 Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 AM

pook - I always think it's reassuring to have those extra visits and to know they're keeping a close eye on you, particularly given your past history

redrock - I was showing signs of that earlier on but it had moved completely out of the way by week 31 - hope yours does too! Walking is getting harder as pelvis is not behaving very well.

fried - no advice for the glucose, just go with it and sure you'll be fine!  x Also it was quite sweet but DW asked yesterday out of the blue how you were getting on. I spoke about you so much early on when you had troubles that she likes to keep in touch! She likes your choice of name :)

Isa - good news about the glucose and good they found the anaemia and can do something about it.  It's a LOT of babies. Now up to 8 I know of in a week...fun about your neighbour too.

AFM just trundling along here. Pretty sore pelvis but going OK other than that. Have a very small baby shower/combined birthday for DW tonight (it was her birthday last night). We don't really do pressies or anything over here, just a dinner with friends. We went out for our 'last pre-baby' dinner and I'm feeling pretty ready to go now. Due in 15 days, just wanting the baby to come before my mum arrives over for a week (on the 28th) as don't want to be doing initial bonding/baby blues when she's here as our relationship is tenuous at the best of times without extra hormones! Finished working this week which is great so nothing else to do!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#128 of 158 Old 04-05-2014, 03:38 PM

Aaannd I landed myself in the hospital. Got lower belly pains this afternoon after planting some flower pots but even with rest it didn't get better, so DW commanded that we drive to the hospital. They put me in the delivery section and checked Nils out but no contractions, babe alright, cervix closed so they concluded uterus growth pains and sent me home with some pills. At 10 I had added puking and chills to ever growing crampy pains so we returned. They got two surgeons to also check me and concluded appendix inflammation. So now I am stuck here. They are trying ice pack and infusions to hopefully fight it without surgery. Shit dammit. At least all the doctors and nurses are great people. Maybe I should consider this hospital for birthing.

ETA - surgery in 30 minutes. Fuckshit.

#129 of 158 Old 04-06-2014, 01:57 AM

Fried - shittttttttttt :( thoughts are with you all and hope you're OK (both you and bub)- give us an update when you can!!!!!! :Hug

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#130 of 158 Old 04-06-2014, 05:20 AM

Fried--Oh no! I hope it goes well and you heal quickly. I had mine out when I was a kid, and the pain was so intense! It didn't take too long to recover, though, and it's nice to at know that it's not something that can ever come back.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#131 of 158 Old 04-06-2014, 12:38 PM

Surgery was ok, it was really close to bursting, very inflamed and already pus in the abdomen. I didn't do very well with the anesthesia, puking my guts out which really hurts the scar. Yeah the pain is very intense especially since we're zrying to balance my pain relief with the harm to the babe. I am not dealing very well with knowing that me taking sth isnt good for him because his little liver, kidney and brain cant deal with it well, but too much pain is harmful as well when he gets my stress hormones. I think its why hes so active today. He is kicking around lots.

#132 of 158 Old 04-06-2014, 02:54 PM

Hi all - I'm excited to finally join this thread! I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm hoping that things go smoothly from this point forward with the pregnancy, but after 2 losses I'm finding it is hard to feel secure (which is why I've waited so long to jump over here from queer conceptions).

It will take me some time to catch up with the thread, but in the meantime, Fried - what a terrible thing to have to go through! I'm glad you are receiving such good care - so sorry you had to go through that though! I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****
30****35***40
#133 of 158 Old 04-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Lea - it's funny to welcome you here and have you be further along than me, but :wall the same!

Fried - I'm so glad things didn't progress to having burst and that you've made it through surgery OK. I'm so sorry to hear about all the pain you're dealing with. I hope things start settling down soon for you :Hug

AFM - Had DDs birthday party today and that went well. I always forget just how much work those things are and that I won't get to sit and enjoy it. Been missing out on sleep getting things and the new house ready for the party and I'm now exhausted. I have a paper revision due at midnight and I simply can't focus on it. So here I am, procrastinating instead :wink The cake below is most of why I didn't sleep last night. It's not perfect, given that I couldn't find a lot of my cake tools - but it's not too shabby either. DD sure liked it.

#134 of 158 Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Lea! what is your due date? I'll add you to the list. Speaking of the thread. I just realized that it's April. Does anyone want to volunteer to take over thread keeping for the next three months? 

Fried: I'm glad everything is okay now. That must have been really scary. I hope little one is still doing okay. Are you feeling any better yet? 

Liz: I hope baby gets here before your mum. I worry about boundaries with my mom. She can be very overbearing and needs a lot emotionally. I don't want to push her away, but I don't want her being too intrusive either. 

Pook: What a cute cake! I can't believe you made that yourself. I am not the best and making cute stuff like that. I tried to make my niece a cupcake cake for her birthday a few years ago and it was a huge failure. She thought it was great though haha

AFM: Nothing new over here, have an appt tonight with the midwife and we'll find out more about if she will be able to stay here until our baby is born or not. I don't want to go about finding a new midwife at this point so I am really hoping she will stick around until July. 

#135 of 158 Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 PM

pookafaye and redrockband - thanks for the welcomes!

pook - that cake is impressive, especially considering everything else you have going on!

redrock - I hope your appointment with the midwife goes well and that she will be around for your birth! 

My due date is October 13 - thanks for adding me to the list.

Any other getting-to-know you stuff I should be sharing?

Here's a snapshot: This will be our first baby after about 18 months of trying (on and off) and 2 miscarriages. I'm 34 and my partner is 38. We both work in youth-serving nonprofits and we live in Seattle now, but lived in NYC for many years before moving here. 

A favor/request: I'd like to add a ticker to my signature that shows how far along I am, but I can't figure out how - could somebody give me a hint? (I sometimes think I am kind of technology-adverse, but really I'm just technology-impatient.) Thanks!

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

30****35***40
#136 of 158 Old 04-08-2014, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi lea! Congrats on graduating! I hope all continues to go perfectly. We don't have HTML tickers. You can make your own with *'s or another symbol and then you have to just update it each week and move your thingamabobber. Like this ***4**smile.gif 8

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#137 of 158 Old 04-08-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

Hi lea! Congrats on graduating! I hope all continues to go perfectly. We don't have HTML tickers. You can make your own with *'s or another symbol and then you have to just update it each week and move your thingamabobber. Like this ***4**smile.gif 8

Ah...That makes so much sense. Thanks!

30****35***40
#138 of 158 Old 04-09-2014, 10:10 AM

Hello everyone! I am ready to make my transition over from the conceptions page, even though I know I'm not in the clear yet! I will have to catch up on where everyone is but I look forward to it!

Little about me, we have been TTC baby #1 since July 2013, we were very lucky and got a BFP on our first try but unfortunately had an early MC. We had a BFN in January and our current BFP in early March. We're currently about 7weeks and due November 23rd.

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40
#139 of 158 Old 04-09-2014, 10:20 AM

lea & jam - welcome! :wSo happy you've both made it over here after everything x

Fried - glad you made it through OK. How are things today?

Pook - love the cake! We have some awesome cake makers over here, I'm very envious of people with those skills.How old did DD turn?

Redrock - I hope things went OK with midwife. Where is she off to? We're lucky in some ways here, we have no choice and just get whoever is working, although I guess it could be dangerous if you've never met them before you go into labour!

AFM I'm due in a week and a half & think things might be starting to move along. Here's hoping I'll have a little one in the next week!

#140 of 158 Old 04-09-2014, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Jam! I've added both you and Lea to the first page list of EDD's. 

Liz! Hurrah for things moving along. I can't wait to "meet" the little guy. Our midwife is moving to the San Francisco area. We are going to meet another home birth midwife she works with and if we like her do tandem care in case she moves before the baby comes. If we don't like her...onto plan B. 

#141 of 158 Old 04-10-2014, 06:36 AM

Hey guys, first of all, great to see the new faces over here. Jam, how are you doing so far? Preggo symptoms kicked in yet?
And Lea, how are you feeling at the moment?

Liz - yay for labor thoughts. What makes you think he's coming, are you having contractions or other signs or just your gut feeling? How is it during those last days, can you still sleep at night? Do you have everything prepared for your little one? And how about the name?

Pook, what a cute cake. Did you use that sugar stuff that can be formed like play-do or how did you make those decorations? How does it taste?

Redrock, good luck on the midwife issue. What are your plans for the birthing place at the moment? Is it hard to find good midwifes in your area? And will you have to pay for them or is it covered by insurance.

AFM, we left the hospital and now I am resting at home with follow up appointments at my gyn tomorrow and at the hospital next wednesday to pull the threads. I can move, but slowly and carefully cause the scar is in a weird spot and pulls on my (awesomely bloated) belly. I have too much damn time to google stuff, like effects of heavy antibiotics on babies but overall it's alright.
I also learned a lot about things that might be important after a hospital birth, like what type of bed they use for the baby or what the toilets are like. Useful for the hospital tours we'll be doing later this month and the decision where to have him.

#142 of 158 Old 04-10-2014, 06:57 AM

Hi Lea and Jam! Nice to have you join us!

Pook--that's a great cake! I used to be really into decorating cakes, but I haven't had as many occasions to make them recently. And for DD's birthday this year we're doing a lollipop theme, so I'm trying cake pops, which are interesting, but not as fun as sugarpaste!

Liz--so soon! smile.gif

Fried--I'm glad you're home and getting around--I can't imagine trying to heal an abdominal scar with an expanding abdomen!

AFM--too much on my plate for this weekend, which is making me nervous, and I'm starting to worry that i won't be at work long enough to tie up the loose ends. But since I don't know if I'll be here for another 2 weeks or 2 months it's really hard to balance out the workload. I'm hoping to get most of it done by the end of the month and then just be able to coast until these kids show up.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#143 of 158 Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 AM

Fried - I'm so glad to hear you're home and feeling okay. Googling things is my go-to when I'm worried or bored and it can lead me down dark paths, so I hope you don't feel that way! Good that you got a preview of the hospital experience though! Are you definitely planning for a hospital birth?

Jam - I'm glad you're over here too! I'm so excited to be going through this next step with so many people that have been going through this long and winding ttc journey alongside me! (you too, pookafaye!) 

Speaking of that - Lizbian - I can't believe you are so close to your due date! I hope everything goes well, and that you're able to figure out the timing of visiting family.

redrock - tandum care sounds like a good plan. But it also somehow seems unfair that your midwife's uncertainty about when she is moving is adding some extra stress to you. If you like the second person, could you just move to her for the rest of your care? Either way, I hope you like her!

Fried - Thanks for asking. I'm feeling pretty good! I'm finally out of the first trimester so most of those symptoms have dissipated. But I still have enough symptoms to feel more confident that this pregnancy is moving forward. I've had a couple dizzy spells in the last few days, so I'm trying to be better about remembering to keep snacks and water with me all the time. Feeling a little impatient for my next appointment, which isn't for 3 more weeks. 

PrettyIsa - Thanks! Good luck wrapping up your work - I think your plan of wrapping it up early, sounds like a good one. I imagine once you're off you'll be too occupied to even worry about loose ends you didn't get tied up. How much time will you be taking off once your little ones arrive?

In other news, I'm going to LA for the weekend to visit my sister! I'm excited for the trip, even though I already know it is going to feel too short. It is spring break here for the schools (some this week and some next) and I'm doing a bunch of extra work teaching art workshops at break camps these two weeks (on top of my regular full-time job) so this little trip will be like my miniature spring break.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

30****35***40
#144 of 158 Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 AM

PrettyIsa, remind me, how far along are you again? Are there signs that the twins might be early? I thought nowadays most twin pregnancies go to almost full term. I totally understand your thoughts about work. I am already itching to go back although I know that me and baby have to come first and in the end it doesn't really matter if things are left hanging, but it is hard to let go of the responsibility.

Lea, good to hear you're mostly over it but still getting the reassurance. During the time you're in now I really relied on our small doppler to just listen in for 10-30 seconds whenever I had doubts between those long 4-5 week waits between appointments.

Yes I am planning a hospital birth for sure (unless he rushes out and we're doing accidential unassisted home, which I don't want). But I think our health system works a little bit different from the Northamerican one. Here all hospital births are midwife led by law and the delivery ward is run by midwives. Doctors do Cs with midwives present and only come in for the delivery if needed or wanted by the mom. We also get free midwife care before and after birth at home. The Cs rates in my area are at 8-13% and epidurals, oxi and pitocin use is done rather sparsely. I think in the US it is a bit more medical. We'll be able to naturally (water) birth there if wanted and all hospitals have family rooms for the partner where we could spend the first days together with only the disturbance of meal times and once a day doctor visits. That room comes at a fee of about 70€/day we'll be more than happy to pay for that. For me the option of getting medical care if needed and being able to stay for a day or two afterwards as compared to a birth center where we would have to leave afterwards are benefits.

#145 of 158 Old 04-10-2014, 10:48 AM

Hi all, thanks for the compliments on the cake :love. I use a marshmallow fondant recipe because it's fairly easy and tastes better than store bought or other recipes I've tried. DD turned 3 so this was the first party she was really anticipating and we had a blast. In other news, I passed my glucose screening yesterday - the OB was super convinced I would fail and had already given me a long lecture about what I would need to do to manage gestational diabetes.  So this feels like a big win to me :thumb. In less good news - I've developed some hardcore pregnancy acne. I feel like a teenager again bag.gif. I've also been getting morning sickness in the evenings - but it's not too strong. 

Jam - :wWow - our due dates aren't even 2 weeks apart!  I wonder how close our births will end up being?

Lizbian - You're really in the home stretch - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Fried - I'm glad you're home and recovering. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way!

PrettyIsa - It's so nice that you'll get some time to rest before the babies show up. Those first weeks with just one newborn are crazy, I can't imagine what two will be like. All of my experience (5 babies in total now as a foster mom) hasn't included recovery from birth either. Sleep while you can! :wink   

Lea - Have a great trip - wave hi as you fly over the SF bay  :wink

****5***diaper.gif10****15****20****25****30****35****40

#146 of 158 Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM

So, since I am stuck at home, resting, I decided to have DW set up my sewing stuff and recycle some old T-shirts of ours into baby clothes and a sleeping bag.

#147 of 158 Old 04-16-2014, 12:13 PM

Cute! I should do that, too! I've got elaborate plans to make a double nursing cover (bigger than a single one, with some kind of strap to wrap around my back so they can't push it off so easily) and another cross stitch sampler, but I'd love some more clothes, especially in good colors!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#148 of 158 Old 04-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Fried - I love those - they're so cute!  Another 4 weeks of school and then I should break out my sewing machine too. And my paints - hrmm.. too many projects and plans!

#149 of 158 Old 04-17-2014, 09:20 AM

Pook--I have a to-do list that gives me little thrills every time I get to cross something off. I'm trying hard not to add more to it, but it's helpful for me to have a running list of what projects to work on when!

Had a good visit with the OB yesterday, and then an ultrasound showing that the boys are measuring a week ahead of schedule (for singletons! The tech had given us a little speech about not worrying if they were small for the chart because they are being compared to singletons, and then we were all surprised when they showed up measuring 7-8 days ahead! Also, they're in a position where we will be able to try for a vaginal delivery, so I'm hoping that baby A stays put and baby B either does, too, or moves more head-down. Today's the first day of the third trimester, so I need to get all of my loose ends tied up sooner than later!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#150 of 158 Old 04-17-2014, 11:31 AM

hi all - great news, HE'S ARRIVED!!!!!

Noah William, weighing 6lb11 arrived by natural delivery after 5 hours of labour.

I had a 'feeling' last week but nothing else to go on until I had a bit of bleeding on Wednesday. My waters then broke Thursday night and I had some contractions but not enough for labour. To cut a long story short they needed to induce labour (risk of infection) on Friday night. I was attached to a drip, annoyingly, since it made moving anywhere cumbersome, esp to the toilet. Had a bit of gas and air but made me nauseous so topped up with diomorphine. Spent an hour pushing and he arrived at 2.16am.

He is utterly adorable and has taken to breastfeeding like a champ, having already made up his weight loss. Not sleeping too much as he's feeding so often but he's already in his crib thankfully. Dogs pretty non-plussed by it all but the littlest dog is in love with him and just wants to hang around him which is very cute. Here are some pics - DW bonding with him, his first bath and a smile for his mum :)

Will catch up with you all soon!

pokeyac and friederike like this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page