Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 158 Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#152 of 158 Old 04-17-2014, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I was wondering why you were so quiet. joy.gif Congratulations, he is such a good looking tiny guy and with an awesome name. Sounds like you had a great labor.

#153 of 158 Old 04-17-2014, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

liz: Congrats, he is perfect and adorable! Love the name too. 5 hours of labor seems so fast, I guess it probably didn't seem fast to you though ;)

fried: First, those are adorable! I am not nearly talented enough to do anything like that. Well right now we are either planning to birth at home or at the hospital, it all just depends on the next ultrasound. There are tons of midwives here, so it's easy to find one. We interviewed about 4 before picking one. I haven't actually checked with my insurance, but from what I've heard my insurance is one of the few that will pay for a home birth. The providers are out of network, but it will pay part of it at least. How are you recovering? 

lea: thanks, it is frustrating. We did meet the other midwife and liked her well enough. She's not as amazing as our current midwife, but very experienced. We could just switch, but since the dates are so close I want to stick with the current midwife too, incase she is here, or is willing to hang around for a couple weeks and wait for our baby to get here. I jokingly told my wife that the the good thing about a planned c-section at 37 weeks is that our midwife would for sure be there. She didn't think it was very funny. How was L.A.? Do you teach art? 

pookafaye: Interesting that you already did the GD screen, will you have to do it again later? I didn't do mine until 24 weeks. 

isa: I think I need a list too. I'm losing track of what needs to get done and what is priority. But who has time to make a list haha. Great news that the boys are growing well and moving into a position that would allow you to try a vaginal birth.

AFM: Met with the back-up midwife and liked her well enough. DW had some reservations, but we talked with our current midwife (who recommended her) and we both feel comfortable using her if our current midwife moves before the birth. In other exciting news, DW got called for a second interview to be the executive director at a local nonprofit. Fingers crossed that she gets it! I'm going to be painting the mural in the baby's room from now until the birth I think. Sometimes being a procrastinator has its drawbacks. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#154 of 158 Old 04-17-2014, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Liz - !!!!!!!! What a beautiful little one - congratulations to you and Abby! I'm so glad to hear the laboring was fairly short and he's feeding well. What an amazing time for your little family  :love

Redrock - I'll keep my fingers crossed for your wife to get the new gig! fingersx.gif  Good luck with the mural project too. Once I'm done with school in a few weeks I'll be getting to work on a Nemo themed mural for DD. Yes, I'll have to re-take the GD test. She wanted me to take it now since I'm a little overweight. That was fine, if anything it's kind of nice to disprove her obvious bias. BMI does not equal health, thank you very much.

Pretty - So glad to hear the boys are big and healthy - congratulations! I hope they stay positioned for you fingersx.gif

AFM - Things are still chugging along.  Did my testing counseling appt and I'm glad that being 35 gives me the option of doing the NIPT. I'm in the window (10+ weeks) to take that test now but trying to wait a few days more so I don't risk having to retake from inconclusive results. Most exciting part of the test: it will tell us the gender! So ~2-3 weeks from now we'll know rather than having to wait for the week 20 ultrasound. Totally looking forward to being able to sort out old clothes. This is our last kid so I'll be able to purge a gender's worth of clothes soon.

Me (35), DW (33), DD (3), DFS (1) - Baby due 11/11/14 cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

****5****diaper.gif****15****20****25****30****35****40

#155 of 158 Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM

liz – CONGRATS! He is precious and I’m so excited for you and DW!

pook – I’m glad you passed your glucose screening last week – I’m surprised they had you do one so early. Hope your morning sickness has stayed mild (but has also stuck around just enough that you still feel pregnant). I hope your upcoming test goes well too!

jam – how are you feeling? Any updates?

fried – those clothes are SO cute – I’m very impressed. I wish I were better at sewing. My frugal side is really showing itself during this pregnancy and being able to sew/repurpose some things would be great! Well, I have a few months yet – maybe I can at least make something. I did just start crocheting squares for a blanket, but I’m a beginner, so I don’t know how well it is going to go.

prettyisa-So great that they’re measuring such a good size! I hope they cooperate and that everything goes well in your last trimester. Good luck with all those loose ends. I think DP and I need to get a long-term to-do list going, but reality is still sinking in slowly over here. And I keep thinking we have plenty of time, although I’m sure that last trimester is going to sneak up on me.

redrock  - glad you like the new midwife okay. I hope you’re able to go with your current one though! I had a great time in LA. It was so fun to see my sister and some good friends. The weather was so nice and it was great to just get away for a bit.  I do teach art, sometimes. I have a full-time job in arts education, but I run a program and write grants and don’t get to do much actual teaching in that job. So, I teach art and drama classes on the side because teaching is what I really love. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for DW’s potential job – I hope she gets it! A second interview sounds promising.

AFM – Nothing new to report. I’ve had such a busy couple of weeks and I’m just waiting anxiously for my next appointment, which is a week from tomorrow (I thought it was a week later, so I’m glad it is sooner than I thought).  My symptoms are super mild these days, which I think is fitting for being 14 weeks. My belly is still growing slowly but surely, so I think things are going okay in there. I can't wait to start feeling some movement! When did that start for those of you who are farther along than I am?

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****30***3 5****40
#156 of 158 Old 04-17-2014, 08:13 PM

Lea reminded me: my morning sickness has been increasing and slowly taking over my evenings. The exhaustion is hitting full force too. I'm just trying to push through the next 4 weeks of school. I'm also curious to hear when others started feeling movements - I was thinking about that earlier today and got really excited about the idea. I know it's a ways off for me still though.

#157 of 158 Old 04-18-2014, 02:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Great to hear that things are good for all of you, be it midwife stuff or pregnancy symptoms. Pook, I hope you feel better soon and get as much rest as possible, in 4 weeks it should be over and you'll feel human again.

Movement - I felt him first at 19+4 weeks during a very loud Lady Gaga music video, regular movements since 21 weeks. DW was able to feel him most times at 22+ Weeks. That's pretty late, but I have an anterior placenta and gained a little bit of belly fat. redface.gif

ETA: I volunteer to open a new April-July thread, ok?
pookafaye likes this.

#158 of 158 Old 04-18-2014, 08:30 PM

Friederike – I am so glad to hear the surgery went well, that had to be so scary! You are so crafty! I am loving your idea of recycling some old items. Thanks for the update on movements, I am so looking forward to that! Also thanks for volunteering to start the new thread, I guess we are a little behind huh

Pook – I am glad to hear you are doing the NIPT, we too are doing a test called a Panorama which sounds like a very similar test as you. Hope the next 4 weeks of school goes well, I know the symptoms give me a love hate relationship! Ha

Lea – I am glad to hear things are going well!

Redrock – Glad the meeting with the backup midwife went well, hopefully it all works out! I will be thinking about DW and hoping her second interview goes well!

Liz – CONGRATS! He is beautiful and I love the name! Hope things are continuing to go well!

Pretty – Great to hear the boys are measuring ahead of schedule and that things are looking positive for a vaginal delivery!

AFM – So far I am having a love hate relationship with these pregnancy symptoms! I try not to complain because this is 100% what I wanted and I know I don’t have it as bad as most but it hasn't been that much fun either  I can’t seem to get enough sleep, part of the reason why I have been MIA. I have had some relatively mild morning sickness although it’s more like all day sickness. I have only actually gotten sick once but most days I just feel icky, no food sounds good, my stomach just feels blah ha I have already gotten what appears to be pretty bloated and my pants are getting snug already which is alarming ha We are now almost 9 weeks and had our first appointment with the OB last week to check on everything and so far so good. We go back in 2 more weeks for some more tests and we’re also going to do a Panorama test which will test for genetic disorders and we too will be able to know the sex earlier like Pook. So we’re both excited and nervous and hoping everything goes well. Looking forward to being more active and following along with everyone on their journeys!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page