Queer Conceptions January - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 104 Old 01-18-2014, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

@mamaetmaman -- thinking of you and all those follicles - wishing you health and positive vibes.

@Friederike - congrats on your cute baby bump!!!

Me (38), single parent by choice and transgender, TTC #1 via IVF.  

tried unsuccessfully via BD in '01 and unsuccessfully via ICI in '11. Endometriosis, ovarian cysts, anovulation, oh my... left fallopian tube removed in '12. now on to IVF.  my IVF journey is at pride-of-lions.blogspot.com

#62 of 104 Old 01-19-2014, 10:01 AM

Hey ladies! It seems like I've been gone for ages! So great to see all the BFPs since then! Life has been pretty busy for DP and I. Between planning our wedding working a ton and toying with the idea of moving states due a promotion for meeh!

Darcy, could you move meeh to waiting to know as I'm 11dpo today.

Congrats Twomommy it's fantastic to see the pair of you finally get your bfp! Very much deserved.

I'm still temping every morning, and would love some input in mye chart if you wonderful ladies don't mind.

Great to be back!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#63 of 104 Old 01-20-2014, 05:45 PM

Fmorris – Welcome back! Congrats on the pending promotion! Moving can be a big change and decision. We moved from Michigan to Illinois for a promotion for my DW and we couldn’t be happier, but then again it wasn’t that far of a move and in the end are gaining more right for our family here  Congrats on the 2WW! Are you planning on testing?

Friederike – SOOOOO glad to hear things are going well  Thanks for checking in on us over here!

Lrex – I am glad you’re feeling better about things, isn’t the waiting game fun?! Ha that sounds like you too have a big living situation upon you, good luck!

Mamae – 30 follicles, holy moly! I hope things are continuing to go well for you.

Pook – I am glad to hear you got so many tries in this time! Hopefully that is just what you needed! Do you have any plans to test?

MrsSelf – Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet! This group has been a life saver and an outlet for me during this journey so I am sure it will help you in however you need it as well!

Fille – How are things going for you during your TWW? Are you planning on testing or waiting out AF?

AFM – I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and will hopefully be inseming this weekend! I had my first monitoring appointment ever last Wednesday, CD9, and found that I had a few follicles but they were all pretty small around 7mm, my LH was an 8 and my E2 a 26.7, today I went back in for my second round on CD 14, and I still only have a few follicles averaging around 8mm, an LH of 8.75 and E3 of 56.1. I have no idea what my body may or may not have been doing our last try since I didn’t monitor and my doctor doesn’t seem too concerned since I am doing a natural cycle but I would have expected larger follicles at this point in time. I do tend to ovulate later in my cycle, last time I got a positive on CD19 and insemed on CD20 but I am wondering if this is normal for my body. Anyone else have an experience with non-medicated monitored cycles? I will be going back in for the third round of monitoring on Thursday, CD 17.

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40
#64 of 104 Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Jam - just doing a drive by post to say this is what happened to me once I started monitoring. I found out that my follicles grew very slowly and would usually O cd17-cd21. When I would go in cd12 for a check my follies would be around 7-8mm. I started clomid after my second month of monitoring because tests showed low AMH and the late O date concerned my RE. Have you done any fertility testing yet?

Will be back for more personals tomorrow or Weds.

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#65 of 104 Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 PM

Darcy - Thank you for such a quick response... I have not done any testing at this point. We had our first IUI in July 2013 where I did at home OPK, got my positive, had our IUI the next day and that was it and we got our BFP, unfortunately that ended in a MC and this is our first try since then and we decided to do monitoring which has led to this. I am interested to see what my doctor might recommend after this cycle in terms of testing but I was also thinking that something may be going on...

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40
#66 of 104 Old 01-20-2014, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

IIRC you are pretty young, right? Lots of people O a little later in their cycle and have no problem. My tests came out to around 100 bucks so it was a really affordable way to find out what was going on because I was having problems with egg quality and had no idea. Once I started clomid I had a huge follie on CD10 and ovulated on CD12. It really seemed to help my follicles grow a little quicker. FX for nice mature follies on Thursday!

ETA - so sorry about your miscarriage. You got pregnant so quickly I am confident you will have a great chance of that happening again very soon.

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#67 of 104 Old 01-21-2014, 12:14 AM

Questions.... for all of you super smart folks because I just don't know.

ok, so I inseminated this past month on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I ovulated early on the 6th and my home epts pulled faint lines but when I went to go for a blood draw on the 17th, they called and said my hcg levels indicated a negative. Now, my period is late. I don't think I'm pregnant but could a chemical pregnancy throw my period cycle off? I've consistently for at least three years been on a 26 day cycle with a 13 day luteal phase. Like clockwork except for one month when it was 25 days. I've taken another hpt which came up negative again so i don't really know what to think other than that now i'm not sure when i'm going to ovulate. which is terrifying me. 

and really, it was our first month trying and I should calm down but it's all i think about.

I'm all of the sudden feeling this overwhelming fear about my ability to get pregnant. I'm just about 33 now and I got pregnant with both of my kiddos on the first try so I'm not sure quite what to do about these insecurities and fears.  It's been over six years since my last babymaking go-round. .....

Queer Femme Mama. Happily partnered to the love of my life, Lee and blissful mama to Aidan (11-09-2001), Zander (01-09-02) and Liam (11 -29-2007). vbac.giflactivist.gifdelayedvax.gifautismribbon.gif Officially TTC!
#68 of 104 Old 01-21-2014, 01:00 AM

Jam - Our first tries at TTC were monitored and unmedicated. I don't recall the precise measurements on a given day, but your experience sounds very familiar to my own. I now O around CD 20 too

Tavi - IMO, the process of TTC always seems to add just enough stress to go and mess up an otherwise regular cycle! I always manage to hold out hope, even after AF comes, always crossing my fingers that it's just crazy implantation bleeding.  *sigh* I never said I could stay rational through this crazy process.

Fmorris - Congrats on your potential promotion! Your chart looks pretty consistent to me, but I just see the two months. How exciting that you're almost ready to test, I've had such a short LP lately that I'd love to make to it 12DPO.  Fingers crossed for you!

AFM - more than a week to go before tests will be positive. I'm starting the progesterone cream and desperately hoping I don't end up with another super short LP. I'm not sure what to expect because of the "misfiring" O this month. It really worries me that it happened at all. We shall see how it goes.

Good luck to all! dust.gif

#69 of 104 Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 AM

I am new to this but have some questions regarding TTC and home IUI.

First- We have been monitoring BBT, CM and os positioning for past 8 months. 1st attempt at IUI was Dec 2013, 2 vials with home IUI at 12 and 24 hours post OPK+. The first attempt had to do ICI as os was not able to penetrate. At 24 hours I was able to get fully in my partner's os. But Neither took.
2nd attempt Jan 2013, 2 vials home IUI at 24 hours and 42 hours post OPK+. 24 hours got in, 42 hours did not. But got negative preg test today greensad.gif

Are we missing something? My wife is super healthy, regular, and no hx. We are not doing Clomid or HCG.
We think February we'll try 6 and 18 hours post OPK+. Any advice?

Second- Any tips on IUI at home and getting the catheter in? On those two instances, it was like the os would clamp closed and not allow the catheter in. The times I got in, it literally slid in and both were at 24 hours. We do the pillows, adjusting specula, full bladder, orgasm after....am I missing something? I feel like a failure somewhat.

Any advice, suggestions, tips, etc. welcomed!
pokeyac likes this.
#70 of 104 Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 AM

Jam, Thanks! You're absolutely right about the whole moving ordeal. Considering we'd have to be moved and settled by early Feb! Short time to make a decision! Looks like we may test tomorrow @ 14dpo! Glad things seem to be getting better for you and that you get to insem!! How exciting! I'll be wishing you the best of luck. I wish I could offer more insight on the non medicated monitoring cycle but I have no experience. GL!

Pook, Thank you very much! This chart of mine looks pretty decent but I'm not trying to look much into it. I can say this tww has been pretty speedy...thank goodness! Good luck back your way, I know theses tww's can be something else!

AFM, just chillin it taking it easy at work as I only scheduled 2 visits for today so that means a total of 3 work hours. I love it! I've made it to 13dpo by way of miracle. Tentatively testing tomorrow-ish..lol

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#71 of 104 Old 01-21-2014, 12:55 PM

Thread crashing to respond to @TTCinKS - welcome! A few things came to mind when I read your post. First I would definitely try earlier insems. The cycle that worked for me, I think my first insem was only like 2 or 3 hours after the + OPk, then another 24 hours later. Second, you can try an orgasm right before the insem also in order to open that os up wider.

If you go to the very first post on this thread, there is a link over to another thread where many graduates have recorded the details of what they did the cycle that they got pregnant. Hopefully you can find some good tips in there, and lots of great support from the other TTCers here!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#72 of 104 Old 01-21-2014, 02:07 PM

@TTCinKS I think the 24 hour insem is the best timing. A little earlier might be good, too. The sperm can live in the fallopian tubes & wait for the egg, so a lot of people believe it's better to be a little early than a little late. Orgasm beforehand is good advice, too. I just remember that some of my IUIs were easy and painless and some were really uncomfortable. There are a million factors. 

Also, even though it didn't work the first two times, it doesn't mean that anything is wrong. A straight couple having well-timed sex can take a year to conceive. Not every follicle has an egg. Not every egg is a good one. If your partner is eating well, feeling good and ovulating regularly, try to think of it as a journey you're on together. Good luck! I know that this process is really tough.

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#73 of 104 Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 PM

Darcy – I like to think I am still pretty young  I will actually be 26 next week! We always thought that if we weren’t successful after a few attempts we would do some testing to try and get answers… I guess that is still the plan. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.

Tavi – I am sorry you’re having a hard time this cycle but like others have said it’s not uncommon for a month to not be successful for any particular reason, I imagine it doesn’t make it any easier though. Hopefully next month will be just what you need!

Pook – I love your positive attitude and can’t wait for your positive next week!!!

TTC – Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet! I don’t have any experience with at home insems so I will have to pass to the other more experienced on this site!

Fmorris – Early Feb! OMG that is so close! Tomorrow already, amazing! And only 3 work hours today, even better. Fingers crossed for your BFP!

#74 of 104 Old 01-22-2014, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tavi- I agree with the other advice given above, especially that stress can mess with your cycle, big time.

TTCinKS- you could try curving the catheter into a C-shape. Not all cervixes are straight. If you're getting in just a little, but facing major resistance, that might help. Also- 2 IUIs is nothing to worry about. You're still within the range of normal.

AFM- egg retrieval was yesterday! RE retrieved 21 eggs, and of those, 14 of them fertilized! Yay!
#75 of 104 Old 01-22-2014, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So much activity here lately - I'll have to come back and catch up with personals later.

In the meantime, Darcy - will you please move me to the tww? I just got back from my trip - my return was delayed a bit due to weather. The timing of the insems seemed good and I'm hopeful this try will work out. Now I just need this tww to pass quickly without too much stress and second-guessing and obsessive wondering if each little thing is a symptom. (And if it doesn't work out this time, I need AF to come on time so I can have my next try be over a holiday weekend too!)

Thinking of all of you!

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****
30****35***40
#76 of 104 Old 01-22-2014, 10:55 AM

Thanks all! It is all such a trial and error process. We will for sure look into recommendations and go from there. Any other tips on timing is well recieved!:)
#77 of 104 Old 01-22-2014, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So, today is CD12, and I have a LP of 11-13 days; assuming I'm not pregnant, my period is due between today and Friday. Yesterday, I was getting that "period-coming-on" feeling, but I told myself I would wait until this morning and if my temp hadn't dropped, then I would test. If my temp had dropped, I'd assume my period was going to start today and not waste an HPT (even if I did buy a big batch of internet cheapies so I could test without feeling guilty). Well, I woke up feeling really crap-tastic (after the cold that's been in my chest for 2 weeks seemed to have moved to my head yesterday afternoon, leaving my nose like a leaky faucet!), and when I took my temperature, it was 100.3! (Normal post-O temps are around 98.6.) So, yeah, I've spent the day in bed. I took Tylenol and slept for most of the day, and when I took my temp again this afternoon, it was 101. I feel like I have a terrible cold, but am also ache-y and feverish. Flu? So, yeah, temping told me nothing. Honestly, I'm so miserable, that other than the fact that my period starting will make me more physically miserable, I'm not actually concerned about the "am I or am I not" question. (Though no sign of my period actually starting today.) Also, I have a work meeting at lunchtime tomorrow that I'm pretty much supposed to be running, but haven't prepped for, since I was sick today, and I'm wondering if I should be going into the office at all, if I still have a fever tomorrow morning. (Doesn't a fever=contagious?) Sigh. In other news, can you tell I'm a terrible, whiny sick person? I have not a single stoic bone in my body, apparently....

Hope you are all doing well! I'm thinking of you all, and crossing my fingers for good news for all of us, when my haze clears a little.

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#78 of 104 Old 01-23-2014, 07:09 AM

Just a fly by update... Had another monitoring appointment today at CD17 and my lining has thickened up nicely and my leading follicle is now at 13mm so I big change from Monday! Looking like we will have a weekend insem!
TTCinKS likes this.

#79 of 104 Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
TTCinKS- I suggest you read through this thread.
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1311683/people-doing-your-iuis-at-home/0_30

I was told it takes an average of 4 tries to get pregnant with frozen sperm so you are doing just fine. I know it's hard to be disappointed but this is normal. I would suggest orgasm before, not after. A midwife who specializes in helping queer women get pregnant told me this. If the orgasm is afterwards, it might push some of the sperm out. When you do it before, it changes the pH to make it a friendlier environment for sperm and opens things up as was mentioned above. Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#80 of 104 Old 01-23-2014, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi! thread-crashing because I just read a really interesting book that I thought might be useful to some extent. It's called How We Do It, by Robert Martin, and it's a look at comparative evolution and reproduction. It gets a little bogged down from time to time in his pet interests, but for the most part I thought it was a really good read. It talks a lot about studies done on sperm and eggs and so on and how they last and what happens during the process, so if you have it at your library it might be work taking a glance at to see if any of the information is helpful for timing or anything else.

Good luck to everyone! I'm reading along and rooting for you all!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#81 of 104 Old 01-23-2014, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Fille - do you do ivi or ici? Any tips for either? Do you use a catheter or instead cup? I would love to try with a KD if I could find one! I hope you are feeling better by now.

Mama - yes we have a really old house! We love it. I will have to take some pics one of these days. I actually didn't get to see the whales give birth just spotted them on their migration down to the birthing pools.

Hopeful - so sorry about the bfn. I hope the next try will bring you success.

Jam - thanks! I waited for the beta at 14dpo and posted more info on that below. Yay for your growing follie!!

Lea - I can completely relate to wanting to plan but also focusing on the here and now. I go back and forth on an hourly basis lol. DW and I struggle with not being on the exact same page but I agree that the conversations although hard are important. I will move you as soon as I get to my home computer tonight.

Sandiegongp - I am so so sorry. We are going through something similar right now and I wish you peace.

Pook - the cream seems awesome. I hate these damn suppositories so much. Glad to hear you got a do over on O this month! Your floors sound lovely and yeah we love restoring stuff!

Mrs Selfridge - Welcome!! I hope the RE will lead you right to a quick BFP.

lrex - I love reading your blog!

Fmorris - Welcome back! Lots of luck for a BFP!

Tavi - it definitely could have been - see my experience below.

Ttcinks - google ivp lady for step by step IUI instruction. I also think 24 hours is great timing and I like doing insems right before bed so that everything stays put.

Afm - this is hard for me to write but I am at work and can't really focus on work stuff right now. Beta was done at 14dpo and came out at 15. Very very low. Immediately I knew the odds were stacked against but went and got a digital which came out positive. Yesterday was a wonderful day. Just the chance that I might be pregnant was amazing. After all these months this is the closest I have gotten and it was truly amazing. Tested again this morning and got a negative on the digi. Waiting on repeat beta but unless we have a miracle I am sure this was an early miscarriage. But yeah, seeing that "pregnant" on the digi test was like nothing I have ever experienced. At least I know now that I can get pregnant. Will give an update once my second beta results are in but I just know that it's not sticking. Thanks everyone for being here and the support!

Eta - 2nd beta is 15 so doc said I should stop the progesterone. More blood work on Monday as they want to see my levels at 4 or below.

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#82 of 104 Old 01-23-2014, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I'm so sorry, Darcy.  Take it easy.  :Hug

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#83 of 104 Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 PM

Darcy, i'm So sorry!!!!  solidarity :\

So, lady had the D&C yesterday morning and is doing fine now.  Who knows what the effect will be on her cycles and/or future fertility, but for now, we're feeling good to be done with that stage.  The D&C cost $800 plus anesthesia, so we'll see what the total was, but it was worth it.  She tried cytotec 2 days in a row and had lots of bleeding but did not pass the actual gestational sac, so it was ultimately really frustrating.  This now feels like closure and we can go back to TTC when we get cleared and once we have 1-2 AFs.

We packed up the bouncer her parents bought us that I put together, we deleted the pregnancy apps and we untold the people who knew, and now it just feels like time to close that chapter and start the next one.

I want us to remember how exciting it was to find out that we even could GET pregnant.  Recapturing that excitement will be great, but it will mean suppressing the 5 weeks after that that we spent pregnant, making plans, and getting comfortable. The worst was that appointment at the OBGYN.  I don't think I'll ever forget what that was like, just going through the whole appointment making plans for our delivery, all of it, and then doing the scan at the very end, and how quiet the dr. was, and how she said she was having trouble finding the heartbeat, when it had been SO visible before.  i have videos of it on my phone.  then waiting 45 minutes alone, not knowing what to say to each other, then the totally silent ultrasound where i watched the tech measure our dead baby.  it stopped growing a week before our appointment.  i know that the body has ways of doing what's best, and i know that this is very common, i just am glad that it's over and we can start again, and i hope we are never in that situation again, waiting to hear what we already know.  and i hate that so many people go through that same moment, probably every day.  you really have to have some serious nerves of steel for this; TTC is not for the faint of heart.

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#84 of 104 Old 01-23-2014, 08:57 PM

Darcy – so sorry to hear your news.  Although I am glad for you that you got a positive, because that does mean you’re one step further along this path toward pregnancy. Hope you get some time to process – sending you lots of support.

Mrs Selfridge – welcome – good luck with your process!

lrex – how are you doing?  Any updates on your cycle or timing?

Tavi – my cycles have gone on a bit longer than usual a couple times over this process. I hope you can be patient with yourself and the process (so much easier to say than to do)

pookafaye – how is your tww going? You’re getting closer and closer to testing time – I like your positive attitude. I’m glad you caught your O weirdness. I hope the timing was great this time!

fmorris – did you test? I’m so curious! Sounds like everything else is going well, which is great to hear!

Mama – so many follies – very excited for you!

TTCinKS – Nothing new to add, but I echo everyone else’s wisdom and advice. I like to remind myself that our midwife told us it even took her a few months to get pregnant with her second child, and she’s a fertility expert.  Hang in there!

fille – are you feeling better? I hope your fever went down! Did AF come? Did you test?

jam – good luck with your upcoming insem! Are you doing the insem at a clinic or at home this time?

Isa – that book sounds interesting! Thanks for the tip.

Sandie – I’m glad that your wife’s d&c went well. I hope her bleeding doesn’t go on too long and that her cycles get back on track soon. Your description of your experience really captures the experience I had too. Not for the faint of heart is right.

I hope I didn’t miss anyone!  Nothing to report here – hanging out 3 dpo with my acupuncture and Chinese herbs, just hoping for the best.

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****
30****35***40
#85 of 104 Old 01-24-2014, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Oh Darcy, that sucks so much, that you had to go through that, too. There is all the hopes and dreams and then they are crushed almost immediatly. I hope you and DW can give each other comfort this weekend. Healing thoughts to you both!

Sandiegongp - your description was very hard to read and so heartbreaking. It truly is one of the hardest things in life to go through, especially when it happens so late. And it happens so much, but nobody really talks about it in the real world. I also hope so much that you get to experience a good outcome with the next try, whenever you feel ready. Chances for that luckily are really good! The feelings will resurface once it happens, m/c changes you irrevocably I think, and it probably won't feel somewhat safe until the second trimester, but even those times pass. Our future children are worth it all. Big hug to you and lady!

#86 of 104 Old 01-24-2014, 08:01 AM

:grouphug Darcy & Sandiegongp.

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#87 of 104 Old 01-24-2014, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fille- get well soon!

Darcy- so sorry about the chemical. I love your positive attitude though! I myself have never seen a positive before! It bet it is surreal.

Jam- good luck this weekend!

Sandiego- I reached a point where I couldn't emotionally handle having any of those baby/pregnancy/TTC apps on my phone, and deleted them all. It felt like a clean slate (especially when babycenter isn't sending you notifications about your non-baby's development) and was better for my mental health. Sending your partner and you good warm healing vibes.

AFM- 11 out of the 14 fertilized embryos have made it to day 3! DW and I go in on Sunday for the 5-day blastocyst transfer! Keep your fingers crossed that we have lots of good quality embabies by day 5, and that they thrive in her belly!
#88 of 104 Old 01-26-2014, 04:00 PM

Darcy - I'm so very sorry to hear your news, but I admire your positive attitude. It's true, you can get pregnant and a lot of us deal with uncertainty about that every month. I really hope you guys are back on your feet and have a sticky baby very soon!

Sandie - I can only imagine what this last week has been like for you. I'm glad you're feeling some closure but so sorry you had to go through this. Your attitude shows how strong you are - I hope you guys are back to trying ASAP.

Lea - Looks like you're not too far behind me in the 2WW this go around - I hope it's going fast for you. How long have you been doing acupuncture and TCM herbs? If AF shows up this month I will immediately be on the phone to the acupuncturist my friends have recommend - still keeping my fingers crossed though!

Mama - I'm so excited for you today! I can't wait to hear how the transfer went and how many blasts made it to game day. I know how arduous IVF can be but this could really be it and I know it will all have been worth it  :D  Looking forward to good news from you!

Jam - Did you get to insem this weekend? How did everything go and are you happy with the timing?

Fille - I'm eager to hear about whether you've gotten the BFP. I know that being sick feels terrible, but it could be a positive sign since pregnancy suppresses the immune system initially and makes us more susceptible to getting sick. My fingers are crossed!

Fmorris - I see that your chart was updated with your cycle staring Friday  *big hugs* Here's to February!

TTCinKS - Welcome! I have only done IUIs with an RE so my experience with this is not so "first-hand". The RE did tell us though if we wanted to do 2 vials per cycle that they suggested doing one as soon as we got the +OPK and one ~24 hours after. Maybe you might want to time them earlier - but I'm sure a more authoritative resource than me is available  ;)

AFM - I'm at 10DPO (counting from that 2nd O date) today and have yet to have any sort of spotting *knock on wood*. I'm pretty consistent about spotting the day before I start too. This is pretty good for me since my LP has been as short as 7 days. It's still very early to be testing, but I have been simply because I'd even appreciate seeing a chemical pregnancy as reassurance that everything is still working. I have a lot of symptoms like cramping, bloating, and backache that could simply be impending AF but there are others like sore breasts, breakouts, and creamy CM that have me hopeful. My only worry is that those symptoms are brought on by the progesterone cream instead. I'll keep you all updated!

#89 of 104 Old 01-26-2014, 07:27 PM

Pook – We did get to insem today actually. I think it all went well, I was a lot less nervous this time since I knew what to expect, which helps. I have my surge yesterday and insemed today which is the same timing as our last BFP so I would say I am pretty happy about that. Glad to hear AF hasn’t showed up and you are having symptoms! Do you usually go into the doctor for an HCG test or waiting and see if AF shows up? Fingers crossed that AF stays away!

Mama – Can’t wait to hear how today went. I’m so excited for you and hope this is just what you needed! Were you able to freeze any?

Lea – How are things going so far? We went back to the clinic, I don’t think I could handle the pressure of at home haha

Sandie – First off, I am soo soo sorry you guys are having to go through this. Like others have said I can tell how incredibly strong you are being! I know every time I have had to go back to that ultrasound room where we got our terrible news, with that same ultrasound tech, I can feel all those emotions coming back like it was yesterday but it sounds like you’re already able to focus on the good and not be stuck in the negative. Hugs!

Darcy – I am so sorry you’re having to go through this! I am glad that you’re able to hold onto the fact that you were able to get pregnant! Hopefully this next month will be your month! Hugs!

AFM – We went in Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for monitoring. Each day we watched my leading follicle grow, my estrogen was increasing daily as well as my LH which surged on Saturday. We didn’t end up triggering or anything since my body did it on its own and my follicle was about a 19 on Saturday as well. So we got the call yesterday in the afternoon and we went in this morning for an insem! Darcy, please move me to Waiting to Know… Braving the 2ww! We will go in on 8DPO for a progesterone test and 15DPO for the HCG… Hoping it goes fast!

#90 of 104 Old 01-26-2014, 09:48 PM

Jam - Yay for good timing!  Crossing my fingers for you  :D  I've only been making it to a 10 day LP with the help of progesterone so things have never gone on long enough to get me in to the doctor. I'll go in if I get a positive result on my "internet cheapies" or my cycle doesn't come by 15DPO. It's actually the first time I've given it much thought since my AF has that terrible habit of arriving so very early. For now, I will obsessively check that the creamy CM I'm constantly aware of has not morphed in to AF and test each FMU. The waiting is killing me. I hope your TWW is swift and stress-free!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page