Queer Conceptions January - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 104 Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

mama - very excited for you - those numbers sound so promising!

pook - your longer lp also sounds promising! Looking forward to updates. I've been doing acupuncture and herbs since October. On one hand, I'm glad I'm doing it, because it will hopefully help contribute to a more sustainable pregnancy in the future. On the other hand, I've been a little irritated that I managed to get two bfps before without all this business, yet haven't gotten one yet with all the extra effort. Trying to remember that I'm focusing on the long-game now, not just chasing a quick bfp.

jam - I'm glad you've joined us in the tww!

Even though I'm trying to focus on the long game, this tww is so hard - I'm only half-way through and I'm feeling extremely impatient. I'm hoping I can turn my focus back to work, because I have some major stuff due by the end of this week. Hopefully that will keep me at least a little occupied. 

sending good thoughts to everyone!

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#92 of 104 Old 01-27-2014, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the support. They are still making me do betas because my numbers aren't below 5 so that's kind of annoying but hopefully this will all be over soon.  I have decided to take a break while we save up for another try with menopur.

mama - so excited to hear about your progress!! Can't wait to hear an update. 

Lots of luck and patience (haha) to those of you in the TWW!!

It's coming to the end of the month and we need someone to take over for February. Any volunteers for thread keeper?

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#93 of 104 Old 01-28-2014, 10:32 AM

Thank you for all of the support everybody!

We had 7 very good quality blastocysts make it to day 5! 2 of those are currently trying to implant in DW, and 5 have been frozen for a potential sibling.

Things went really well on Sunday, and we test for HCG on Feb 5th. This TWW is hilarious because DW used to make fun of me and not take any of my symptoms seriously, and now that she's the potentially preggo one, she is freaking out about everything. It is fun to watch the role reversal.

I know there's a couple of you nearing the end of your TWW- fingers crossed for all of you!

Here's a pic of our embabies that were transferred:

If you wanna follow our journey a bit more regularly (and in depth), you can follow my blog. Just google mamaetmaman.
pokeyac likes this.
#94 of 104 Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 PM

mama- Those are gorgeous embabies! Congratulations!!!

Darcy- I am sorry to hear about your loss. Big hugs to you. If there aren't any other volunteers I would be willing to be thread keeper for February.

Jam- Yay for the timing. It looks like you and I are cycle buddies this month. My fingers are crossed for you for a sticky one.

Pook- Your longer LP sounds promising. I'm glad the progesterone is helping you keep AF away but more than that I hope it is a BFP that will keep AF away for at least the next 10 months.

Sandi- I just want to send hugs to you and Lady. :Hug

AFM- Could I be moved to TWW? We planned our insems in advanced working with KD schedule based off of what my body usually does and it worked out really well. We insemmed a little early on Friday, got a positive OPK on Saturday, and then insemmed Sunday night and Monday morning. I had lots of EWCM and my temp went up this morning, indicating that I O'd yesterday. We have an appt. set up with an RE for the middle of Feb. which will be the start of my next cycle if this one doesn't stick. KD is doing a semen analysis this week since that isn't something we had done when we started with him.

Good luck to all of you TWWers. Anyone plan on testing before February hits us?

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#95 of 104 Old 01-28-2014, 04:35 PM

Mama - Looks at those babies! Thanks so much for sharing  :)  I'm so very hopeful for you two this month. And having so many potential siblings in the bank has got to be a wonderful feeling too. I love the flip-flop on  symptom obsession. I think it would be the same way here if DW was suddenly the one with the "oven". I'm so very obsessed with my symptoms right now and, as usual, she's not nearly as engaged by it.

Darcy - I hope you can have your closure soon and that things work out for you to get trying again quickly.

Hopeful - welcome to the TWW!

I'm still testing daily, but today was the first day I was truly disappointed to not see the BFP. I know that it's still meaningless, but 12DPO works for some people and since I've never made it this far I -really- have my hopes up. If I did start today I would still have gained a day in my LP and that's not bad. Still have lots of creamy CM vs. the typical pre-AF dryness, sore breasts, and I'm getting moody too. Most of all, I'm not spotting, which I typically do the day before AF. Maybe it's the progesterone, maybe it's PMS, or maybe the BFP is on the way  :)  I'll keep you posted

#96 of 104 Old 01-29-2014, 07:29 AM

Thank you Hopeful and Pook! We are honored to brave this TWW with you both!

So far, DW has just been having mild cramping on and off the past few days. She's also been super itchy all over. I don't think that's a common sign though lol.
#97 of 104 Old 01-29-2014, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Pook, it all sounds very promising. I really hope you still get that BFP fingersx.gif

Hopeful, hooray for several well-timed insems. Great that it worked out with the planning.

Mama, how is your belly doing? Battling OHSS?

#98 of 104 Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 AM

Hello Ladies!  My apologies for my absence.  I have needed a bit of a break from TTC and I am now ready to get back to the road and journey of creating babies!  

Darcy, so sorry to hear the disappointment of a chemical pregnancy.  I am glad it can happen for you and hope you get a BFP very very soon!!!

Lea, I am thinking about you in your TTW and just am catching up on this month...I am sorry that it has been a roller coaster for you.  Weighing the options is not easy.  We've gone from frozen sperm to fresh donor that I had to travel to, to finding a fresh donor locally.  And each decision was a weighted one.  But I will say that I have learned to be open to whatever comes our way.  The current donor situation we have is a great one and if we hadn't been open to the change, we wouldn't have found him.  I have my fingers and toes crossed that you don't have to choose anything different and that this cycle will turn out to be the ONE!!!  fingersx.gif

Sandie, My heart fell when I ready your posts.  :Hug  I am so so sorry to hear your news.  If you would like to private message me, feel free.  I admire your positive attitude!  The challenging part for us has been getting back in touch with my cycle ~ I think we are finally there. Take care of yourselves!!

Jam, Sounds like your timing was perfect, and I am really glad to hear that your body did everything it was supposed to, non-medicated!  That must be a great feeling of relief for you:)  My fingers and toes are crossed!!

Mama, Whoo hoo for you both!!!  I love your comments on roll reversal.  That must be quite hilarious, really!!  I am very hopeful for you both that this is IT!!  Our IVF babies on this board seem to be growing and healthy<3  Good signs, yay!!!!

Fried, glad to hear you are back at your routines and feeling good!  Sending you all warm thoughts<3

Everyone who I haven't mentioned, I am catching up on posts and will be more present moving into the new month.  I am sending everyone baby dust and peace of mind!!

AFM,  will you please move me to Waiting to Know??  I am not feeling great about our timing for this insem, but who knows.  I can't be frustrated because I started monitoring a little later than I should have.  Oh well, it still feels good to be back in TTC-mode!  I have been a bit disconnected for the last couple of months and am ready for another BFP<3

Darcy, I will be the thread keeper for February, but I have never done anything like this before.  Can someone tell me how to start the thread?  Anything besides checking it regularly, responding frequently, and moving ppl to the right categories that I need to do/know?

Love to all!!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#99 of 104 Old 01-29-2014, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

jwaite - Thanks for offering to be thread keeper! I think that's all you need to know unless anyone wants to add anything. You start the new thread by copying the first post in this thread and just change the month to February. Next you click the 'start a new thread' button and change the title to February and paste the post that you copied from the January thread. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again! 

mama - my last cycle when I got my only BFP I had itchy wrists. 

pook - Your symptoms sound promising. My last cycle I  had creamy CM which I never have during my luteal phase. 

hopeful - that's great you are getting a semen analysis and also it sounds like your timing was great. FX for you! 

I think I moved everyone. Please let me know if you are not in the right place. Also, there are a few new people that I need to add but I am not sure what categories so just let me know if you don't see your name anywhere. 

Lots of luck to all. I will be cheering you all along but probably wont be around here much. I will definitely be back when we start up again. I think we will try Menopur a couple more times and then move on to IVF if we don't have success. 

BTW I found a great thread here for all of you that have gone through a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. It has been immensely helpful the last week and it's wonderful to read honest stories because typically it's something most people don't discuss.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/187976/exactly-what-to-expect-with-a-m-c-please-tell-your-stories-what-do-you-see

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#100 of 104 Old 01-31-2014, 09:33 AM

mama - I can't wait to hear your results of teh HCG test next week! Any chance you'll test at home before? 

pook - any updates? I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you!

hopeful - good luck in your tww - sounds like your timing was great, and I think it is good that you're planning to do the semen analysis if it doesn't work out this time...it just helps to know what you're working with.

jwaite - welcome back! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. I know what you mean about how it is nice to be back in tcc mode (even though at the same time it can be scary to jump back in)

Darcy - I think I came across that thread after my loss too and found it helpful.

I'm hoping for some news and updates from other people to keep me going through the very end of my tww!

afm - I don't want to get my hopes up or read into things too much, but things seem promising. My temp went up another notch yesterday and my breast are really sore. I might test tomorrow, which will be 12dpo.

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#101 of 104 Old 01-31-2014, 12:39 PM

Lea- we actually tested yesterday (which is the equivalent of 9dpo), and got a bfn. I regret letting her poas because now she is so depressed about it. I guess I remember that feeling when we were trying with me. But she does not want to test until the blood draw.
She is also sad because she has no symptoms at all now. No sore breasts, no fatigue, nada. I keep trying to be optimistic, but it's really challenging.

On a happier note, I only had OHSS-like symptoms for 3 days.im feeling much better now, though I still look super bloated.
#102 of 104 Old 01-31-2014, 12:47 PM

Mama, 9dpo may be too early...I tested on 12dpo and got a bfn then tested on 14dpo and got a bfp.  I am still routing for you and hoping that the next test will say something very different:)

Ooooo Lea, so hard not to be really excited about your temp going up!!  Keep us posted!  My fingers are crossed and the candle is lit for a BFP!!

Darcy, I am glad you are reaching out to others having the same experience(s).  I did the same after my lost, and it was very helpful.  Thanks for sharing the link<3  

Speaking of links, here's the link for February's Thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1396767/queer-conceptions-february

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#103 of 104 Old 02-06-2014, 12:46 PM

Hello all! My wife has been testing opk since cd11, now cd15 and still negative. Trying again at 6pm. Frustrating.
She is having some spotting and she says she doesn't feel "ready" to ovulate. Worried that our follicle development acupuncture may have effected the process. In the past, we have been positive by now. Called and left msg with our practitioner to check. Anyone have ideas?
We have the vials here ready and waiting. Getting nervous.
#104 of 104 Old 02-06-2014, 02:12 PM

Update: acupuncturist thinks it can be delayed ovulation due to maturing lining and follicle from tx. My wife feels better but other sites say waiting too long in the cycle can cause higher miscarriage rates, anomalies, etc.
Any advice. TIA!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page