University of Michigan Research Study - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-24-2014, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

To whom it may concern,

I'm writing to tell you about an important research study being conducted by the University of Michigan laboratory I work at, which is funded by the Institute for Research on Women and Gender. The goal of the study is to learn more about the transition to parenthood in lesbian couples. By gaining a better understanding of pregnancy-related experiences that are unique to sexual minorities, we will be better able to perform interventions that minimize the effects of these stressors on prenatal and postnatal outcomes, such as postpartum depression.

For this study, we are recruiting lesbian couples ages 18 to 45 who are expecting their first child. If couples decide to participate, both partners will be asked to come to our laboratory between two and four times to complete questionnaires related to their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors concerning the transition to parenthood. Participants can also complete the sessions at home if they live outside of the Ann Arbor area In order to better understand physiological processes, we will also ask permission to collect saliva samples. All couples will be compensated monetarily for their participation in the study, up to $300 if they complete all sessions.

I'm enclosing a flyer that includes some general information regarding this study, as well as information for how to contact our laboratory. 

We would like to thank you in advance for your help with this study. We are hopeful that this study will enhance our understanding of the factors that contribute to adjustment during pregnancy for lesbian couples. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thea Senger  

IRB HUM00045508 Approved through 1/1/2014

THE MICHIGAN DIFFERENCE ® 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-29-2014, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Bumping up for more attention!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page