Forum Jump: 

#1 of 78 Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

:rotflmao Welcome to the February Thread:rotflmao

February is the mid-way point of winter

When the seeds from last autumn begin to awaken

And start to root deep into the warmth of the earth.  

This reminds us that the promise of spring is just around the corner...

A powerful time to conceive new life!

dust.gifLet's make some Halloween/Thanksgiving 2014 babiesdust.gif

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

Jam51212

fillefantome

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww fingersx.gif

Hopeful22

jwaite05

PlaidFlannel

pookafaye

MrsSelfridgeX2 

TTCinKS

Working on IUI

heyfoureyes

Working on IVF
SanDiego78

lrex99

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be readywave.gif

mamaetmaman

DarcySD

invitnconceptn

Agrex

TaviPDX

Fmorris28 chartnew.gif

greenpants

bettertomarry

Kbfs

Lovestreet13
JustAnotherJenny
KWPX2
TineyDreams
Scorpioma
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
heart-n-bones
BByH1Pr

2014 Graduates!

February* Lea2012 :joy

2013 Graduates!

December* Twomommyfamily

November * Prettyisa  * Sevie  * Friederike

October * redrockband 

August * Lizbian * Beastie 
May * Lovingisliving 
March * Escher  * Sotohana  * Amt1015 
February * Granite 
January * Esenbee2  * LindseyW  * Sphinxy 

2012 Graduates!

December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#2 of 78 Old 02-01-2014, 05:27 AM

Thanks for the shiny new thread Jwaite!

Can you move me to Braving the TWW? Thank you!
#3 of 78 Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM

jwaite, thanks for the new thread! Happy beginning of February and Lunar New Year!

So, I tested this morning (12 dpo) and the second line is faint, but it is definitely there. I'm not going to call it an official bfp until I get a blood test to confirm (hopefully I can get in to see my doctor on Monday), but I'm excited! And terrified. I sure do hope this one sticks around. 

MrsSelfridgex2 likes this.

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#4 of 78 Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Happy February!

Lea2012- Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! I hope that you get your BFP with the blood test!! pos.gif

Mamaetmaman- Hope that the TWW goes by quickly for you and that you get your BFP pos.gif

I am waiting to start the process. DW and I met with the RE last week and have started the process. We are both a little overwhelmed with all of it, but I am trying not to focus too much because then I stress... :) So once AF comes we will schedule an appointment on the 3 day of cycle to have an U/S and more blood work. 

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. :bgbounce

MrsSelfridgeX2 

:Rainbow

Me (29) hearts.gif DW (38)  superhero.gif   DS adoptionheart-1.gif  dog2.gifSchnapps dog2.gifDaisy
#5 of 78 Old 02-01-2014, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mama, I moved you!  How are you guys holding up??  Thinking about yous!

Lea, Whoo Hoo!!!  So hard not to get really excited for you<3  Actually, I think it's ok to be a little bit excited:)  This could be IT for you!!!  And a great way to start out the month!  Sending positive energy to you!!

MrsSelfridge,  Welcome:)  I am glad you have found this blog...it has helped me tremendously.  I have been away for a bit, but feel a bond here that is so valuable.  I added you to Waiting to be Ready category.  I remember when we were trying to figure out how to start and what route to go...it can be a bit much, but once you take the first steps, hopefully you will find a rhythm that will work for you guys.  Hope your stay here is short and you conceive quickly!

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#6 of 78 Old 02-01-2014, 08:48 PM

Jwaite- we are trying to distract ourselves, but it is difficult. I am playing in a hockey tournament this weekend, so I'm a little more distracted than DW. How is your TWW going?

Lea- holy moley! Yayayaaay!!!!! So excited for your BFP!

Mrs. Sx2: good luck with TTC! It has been a roller coaster for us so far, but this forum has been such a great help- both in information and also emotionally. If you ever have questions or just need to vent, we're here for youx2.
#7 of 78 Old 02-02-2014, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lea, I am sending all good hopes for a confirmation your way as well.

#8 of 78 Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 AM

Lea - fx for you!!!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#9 of 78 Old 02-02-2014, 09:26 AM

Lea - How exciting! What a way to start out the new month! Fingers crossed that you're able to get tomorrow and get your confirmation!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15***20****25****3 0****35****40
#10 of 78 Old 02-02-2014, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mama, our TWW is a bit weird because I am not really sure when O happened. It could have been Monday or it could have been Friday. I take full credit for not really knowing tho. I wasn't fully tracking like I usually do. We insemmed on Monday and Wednesday with fresh swimmers. Hopefully caught the window either way. I'm using progesterone cream for this cycle and happy about that part. So just kinda hanging out not trying to read into the back pain I've had for the last two days:)

Happy Sunday everyone. Off to watch the super bowl. Our house is full of Payton fans so we are pretty excited about today's game! A good distraction as well!

#11 of 78 Old 02-02-2014, 07:48 PM

Hi all - I need to get moved to Waiting to O. I thought I had updated the day my cycle came but I must have gotten distracted by the kids and not saved my post. One of my kittens is now fascinated with shutting my laptop down by sitting on the keys so that could have something to do with it too  ;)  Ah well, I had a 12 day LP, which is enough progress to keep me going. We also had some positive updates about our foster son, 16 months, potentially being able to stay forever, but that won't be final until it's final. It was enough to make the rest of my week really positive and not be too horribly disappointed with the arrival of AF. Haven't called the acupuncturist yet and I think we'll just keep going with what we've been doing. We did buy an awesome masticating juicer though and I'm committed to eating only vegetables and legumes for the next few weeks to get myself on track with better energy and overall health - let's see if it makes my body more ready for the BFP  :)

I'll try to come back for personals soon but Lea, I'm so excited to hear about your faint line and am sending lots of sticky vibes!

dust.gifGood luck to all!

#12 of 78 Old 02-03-2014, 02:18 PM

Pook - I'm so sorry about AF but excited about the news on your LO! You have such a positive attitude, those good vibes have to go somewhere!

Lea - were you able to get into the doctors today for a blood test? I'm sure we're all eager to hear your news!!

AFM - we're now officially half way through our 2WW! Last week went back really fast so I am hopeful this week will as well! I had my progesterone test this morning and it was only a 7 so I will be starting the Crinone tonight :-/ were planning on testing Sunday which will be exactly 14DPO and then I will have my bloodwork on Monday. My DW will be out of town Monday so we want to kinda find out the answer together which is why we've decided to test together sunday.

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15***20****25****3 0****35****40
#13 of 78 Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM

Lea- yayayay! What a great way to start the month! Were you able to get in to get that blood test today?

Jam- We'll be testing on Friday or Saturday so hopefully we can have back to back BFP's this weekend!

MrsS- Welcome! How long until you expect AF to show up?

AFM- I need help from all of you fabulous people to interpret these numbers. I was able to get the numbers from the results of the semen analysis we did last week but the doctor won't follow up with us and tell them what they mean until we meet with her next week. Can you all tell me what any of this means or where I can find the information? The volume is 5.0mL, concentration 13 million, motility 30% rapid and linear 3%, velocity 2, linearity 2, liquefaction complete, PH 8.1, total motile 19.5 million. I am hoping these are good numbers but I haven't even looked at what normal ranges should be for all of these. Thanks for all of your help!

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#14 of 78 Old 02-03-2014, 04:14 PM

Well crap! I just looked up all of the numbers and they don't seem great. Some of the numbers they gave me I'm having a hard time finding reference for but in general it seems like it's a low count with low motility. How do you tell a guy that they have a low sperm count? Are there things they can do to improve it? I was really hoping that he would have an amazing sperm count and we could continue doing some at home inseminations. Are at home inseminations with fresh sperm as effective as IUI with frozen sperm?

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#15 of 78 Old 02-03-2014, 04:45 PM

Hopeful - First off, I hope we have a great weekend for BFPs smile.gif I don't have much experience to speak of but I do know with our frozen sperm our numbers were higher than that greensad.gif I can look up the specifics if you would like but I would think with fresh you would want to see higher...

#16 of 78 Old 02-03-2014, 05:44 PM

Thank you everyone for the great welcome! I have been reading through the different threads and it helped when we went to see the RE by giving me questions to ask.

For all of you waiting for for a BFP I hope that you get it!! 

Hopeful- I wish I could help you with the numbers. 

AF came to see me yesterday so we have an u/s tomorrow along with more blood work. According to the schedule the RE gave us we could try our first IUI next week. I am so excited but so nervous.

Sending lots of baby dust your way! 

Me (29) hearts.gif DW (38)  superhero.gif   DS adoptionheart-1.gif  dog2.gifSchnapps dog2.gifDaisy
#17 of 78 Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM

Hopeful, it seems like the things measured in SA aren't exactly standard, but here are the results from my KD's SA--thought it might be helpful to look, since it gives the normal/abnormal ranges from the lab he used.

AFM, jwaite, can you move me to Waiting to O? My period came along right on time while I was flu-ridden last week. That was super-fun. Planning insems Thursday and Saturday of this week.

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#18 of 78 Old 02-03-2014, 09:33 PM

Hi, everyone.  I'm just starting to confront the reality that I'm back to the drawing board.  The worst part is that our insurance won't let us access our 20k infertility benefits until we "fail" 6 IUIs, but now that we conceived on our last one, we start from zero again.  I'm going to confirm that with the insurance company tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that's what the situation is.  So, now we're thinking about how to find enough money to do six more IUIs, plus we only have 4 vials left of sperm, so how to afford 3 more?  

Other than the money issue, there's the emotional part, which it really helps to know so many of you understand--although, oh, how I wish none of us knew what this felt like!  I'm finally feeling better about seeing people pregnant or having kids on facebook and walking by the playground with my dog.  We're trying to plan ahead money and medicine-wise (will we want to start right away with clomid?  will we do all six IUIs or consider paying for an IVF with cash? etc.) but also just getting geared up to start this again.

so just some quick notes: 

Lea, CONGRATS!!!!!  keep us posted

Jam, it's exciting seeing you insemming again (well, not actually SEEING you do it, that would be weird) and fingers are crossed for you!

pooka, that's awesome about the veggies and the juicer!  we're also suddenly extra motivated to be very, very healthy, which means increased exercise together and lady cooking me super delicious healthy meals.  i figure the benefits are hopefully great for fertility but also life in general :)  (i also understand the whole curious kitty impeding productivity thing, mine likes to sleep ON my wrists while I type.)

Hopeful, sorry about the numbers!  that's very disappointing, but then again, people get pregnant with all kinds of low numbers, so it might not be a dealbreaker, it just might be more "efficient" with higher counts?  counts also vary from "sample" to sample for the same guy--so if they haven't "given a sample" (i'm running out of nice ways to say "jizzed") in awhile, their counts will be higher, but if they've done it within a day or two, it will be lower.  so maybe it's not as bad as it seems?

jwaite, sorry about the superbowl :(  i don't watch but from what i understand it was a bloodbath!  also, can you please move me to taking a break?

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#19 of 78 Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 PM

Thanks for all your good wishes! I got in for a blood test this afternoon, but won't have results until Wednesday. I'm having steady mild queasiness and falling asleep super early, so things feel like they are on track.

Hopeful - I'm glad you're meeting with your doctor later this week to get some clarification on the numbers. In the meantime, I wanted to mention that our KD's motility and morphology are a little low (sorry - I don't remember the numbers or how they compare with yours). After we found that out we decided to try a couple times with him anyway, to see how things went, and I got my first bfp on our very first try, and again on our 4th try after that loss, so the low numbers weren't a major barrier for us. And my doctor assured me that neither of my mcs were because of the donor's sperm quality. Oh, also, I think there is a section in the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility about scheduling insems for low motility sperm, if that becomes and issue. I hope you get some useful information from your doctor to help you decide what your next step is.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I'm rooting for a great February for everyone!

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#20 of 78 Old 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM

Hi Everyone!
Headed home from our appointment with the RE. We have 26 follies and will be starting meds tonight. Next week we go in for a mid cycle u/s and then IUI after. so can I be moved to waiting to ovulate please.

Mrs. SelfridgeX2

#21 of 78 Old 02-04-2014, 04:22 PM

Holy crap, Mrs Selfridge!  26 follicles??!!!  Are you doing injectables?  I'm impressed and amazed!

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#22 of 78 Old 02-04-2014, 05:00 PM

Thank you to everyone regarding sperm numbers.

Fille- Thank you so much for posting your KD's results. Comparatively it does seem like our KD may have some low numbers, but hopefully that doesn't interfere too much. Good luck on your insems this week.

Lea- Yay for your pregnancy symptoms and thank you for your positive info about low sperm counts. I read Taking Charge years ago when I first started this journey but probably didn't pay attention to that section since I was using frozen sperm at the time. I have a copy of The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, I should look in that for information. I'm sure it'll have something since it seems to be able to answer nearly any question I can think of. :nod (side note: mdc has a ton of really lovely emoticons but suprisingly not one reading a book. I figured they would have had that with this wonderfully educated bunch.)

Sandie- That would be really shitty if your insurance made you restart. I feel like your doctor should be able to have a say in that. I really hope that is not the case. You've done 4 so far, and I think at least the three BFN's should count towards failed attempts. I've also read somewhere along the way that some people get another BFP quickly after a loss. I hope that is the case for you and lady and you don't even have to worry about getting to those 6 attempts.

MrsS- Wow for 26 follies! fingersx.gif

AFM- Just sitting here at 8 DPO, just counting down to Friday when we plan on testing. Last night, DP and I had a heated discussion about TTC. It was rough. So I have a QOTD for you all: Has TTC caused any issues in your relationship? If so, how did you deal with it? It is a pretty emotional topic for us both and I think anytime lots of emotions get involved coversations can get more difficult. I really hope I am not the only one dealing with this. It is a really crappy place to be. I am hoping we get a BFP this time and all of this is for nothing.

#23 of 78 Old 02-04-2014, 05:39 PM

Sandiegongp- I am not doing injectables. So far we haven't done anything special except take pre-natal vitamins and V-D. Tonight we start taking letrozole. I take it that 26 is good? I have no idea, I remember her saying she wanted more than 15 so I was hopeful :) Or should I say I AM hopeful.

Hopeful22- When DW and I tried at home insems it caused some stress, after 9 months of trying we decided to take a break and have been on a break for almost 2 years.   I hope that you guys get a BFP :-D

Mrs.SX2

#24 of 78 Old 02-05-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I think the high number of follicles is the antral follicle count. They usually do it on day 3 to see how many small follicles there are that could possibly develop. They won't all grow and produce an egg. I looked it up and it seems that a high number is a good sign! Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#25 of 78 Old 02-05-2014, 04:40 PM

Mrs. Sx2- high antral count is really good- an indication of how "youthful" your reproductive system is. I'm excited for your cycle!

Lea- DW is feeling a little queasy these days as well. Congrats again on your BFP!

QOTD- this process has been emotionally challenging for us because we can both be bio and non-bio and gestational and non-gestational parents. At first, we decided to do IUIs with me because DW earns 2x as much as me, but through the past year, DW realized that she really wanted to be the gestational parent. After switching to trying to get her pregnant though, I feel like we've kind of given up on my fertility. I've told her that I need to feel more included in this pregnancy, and hope that she does honour that.

AFU- we're officially pregnant! DW poas two days ago and got a faint second pink line, and today she did bloodwork and we were given the good news within hours! She has to go back for repeat bloodwork on Friday to confirm that all is good.
#26 of 78 Old 02-05-2014, 05:25 PM

Yes it is the 3rd of cycle u/s. I have another u/s to see how many continued to grow next Wednesday. Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge! I have been nervous about what my body and my "ability" to get pregnant since we tried so long before. This process is much different then what we did last time (thankfully, I already feel more hopeful!)

Mamaetmaman- CONGRATS on the BFP! That is so exciting! 

I hope that this experience is positive for both of you and that maybe you can carry next time. 

Lea-Hope that you got good news today!

Mrs.SX2

#27 of 78 Old 02-05-2014, 05:36 PM

Mama - omg congrats!!! That is amazing news!!

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#28 of 78 Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 PM

I'll be back for personals tomorrow, but  in the meantime...

Mama! So excited for you!

afm - blood test came back with good results. HcG is a little on the low end of the range, but appropriate for 4-weeks pregnant. And my progesterone # is solid - higher than it has ever been before at this point, so my doctor and I agreed that it doesn't look like I will need to take supplements after all! (We decided that I would not take them during the tww this time, since I was having such adverse effects when I did that in the fall.)

That being said, prettyisa generously gave me her left over Endometrin progesterone (thanks prettyisa) and it doesn't look like I'll be using them after all. I'd love to pass them on to someone else who will put them to good use - if you want it, pm me!  

Hoping for more good news for everyone as the month progresses.

#29 of 78 Old 02-05-2014, 09:29 PM

Great news Lea!!! joy.gif

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#30 of 78 Old 02-05-2014, 11:12 PM

Hi all,  Thanks for making the February thread.  Wishing all the best for each of you, in your joys and your sorrows.

AFM - I just finished the clomid challenge test in my IVF test cycle. I got a 10, which was under 13, so that was good.  Doppler and mock transfer on Monday and I start going to IVF classes.  This stuff is getting real!!!  I also took out the loan to pay for this whole process.  o.m.g.....  here's to someday paying it off.  But it will be worth it

Peace and love!

~Leo

friederike likes this.

Me (38), single parent by choice and transgender, TTC #1 via IVF.  

tried unsuccessfully via BD in '01 and unsuccessfully via ICI in '11. Endometriosis, ovarian cysts, anovulation, oh my... left fallopian tube removed in '12. now on to IVF.  my IVF journey is at pride-of-lions.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page