Thinking about adding another - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-24-2014, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My partner n i are thinking about adding on to the family but we have no idea how to start it out. our first daughter has a father and was already in her mothers tummy before our relationship really turned serious. it made us grow up fast n get.
#2 of 6 Old 02-24-2014, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Ready for her to be here. well now she is one i don't have legal custody yet of her but we know we want another baby n it will be my turn but we don't know how to get it started we live in Minnesot if that helps giving us advice
#3 of 6 Old 02-25-2014, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hello new n young. Welcome to Queer Parenting! Are you and your partner married? That will make some of the legal issues easier when you have a child. There are a few things that can help you get started with trying to conceive. If you click on "Queer Parenting Resources" at the top of the Queer Parenting forum main page you will see a list of helpful things like this book. http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Guide-Lesbian-Conception-Pregnancy/dp/1555839401/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393355336&sr=8-1&keywords=stephanie+brill

Have you started charting your cycles? There are websites and apps that can help you do this. The book above has info on charting also.
Have you decided on whether you will use a sperm bank or a known donor?
Will you be doing it yourself at home or working with a clinic or doctor?

The Queer Conceptions thread in this forum is a great place to get support in your trying to conceive journey. Feel free to join anytime.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#4 of 6 Old 02-25-2014, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you I will look into getting that book and we are looking at getting married next summer after my partner graduates college. I believe that I am looking for at home options and it looks like we will have to be using a sperm bank. I do have an app for tracking and I have been for the last few months
#5 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
That all sounds good. Many sperm banks require a doctor's signature saying that you are ok to receive the sperm so you will want to check that out in their registration process. Many will ship to your home or let you pick up locally. I have heard Northwest sperm bank does not require a doctor's signature, but don't quote me on that. Doing it at home is relatively simple, but the timing is most important. Maia Midwifery offers classes on timing inseminations. The classes are available as a webinar. These are the people who wrote the book I mentioned. They are working on a new edition, but I'm not sure when it will be out.
http://maiamidwifery.com/

Congratulations on your impending marriage and the graduation!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#6 of 6 Old 02-26-2014, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yep--Northwest doesn't require a doctor, but they get REALLY pissy if you sign up saying you aren't using one and then do anyway--they want you to change your status or something minor to keep their paperwork straight, I guess.

She's here!
And so are the boys!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page