Queer Conceptions March - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 80 Old 03-25-2014, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Oh Lea, I can only imagine how bad it must have been in those minutes between the doppler and the u/s with your past experiences.

How amazing that everything was great jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

Take your time to process that it is happening and all the best wishes for a very healthy 29 weeks left!

jwaite - sounds like great timing, lots and lots of baby dust to you.

mama - I am so sorry that this happened, but glad you're okay. I know how you're feeling, we also had over a year of prep, delays and then TTC and then the loss, but in hindsight it was still a relatively short period of time as compared to some straight couples facing infertility and a time that has strengthend our relationship and brought us close together. And with the bleeding it really is better to wait than to potentially waste your precious little embies. Lots of love to you and your lady :Hug

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 80 Old 03-25-2014, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jam- broc1.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gif  Congratulations!

Lea- I second what Fried said! That must have been a long 30 minutes. I am thrilled to hear that everything went well and you got to hear that heartbeat :joy

JWaite- We are TWW buddies again! Good luck to you. I'm glad to hear that you had a good birthday celebration and are going to be an Auntie!! Will this be your first niece or nephew? I absolutely LOVE being an Auntie! It is a really esteemed title in my family and I am just so in love with my niece and nephew. And, when you get your BFP this month, you and your SIL will be pregnant at the same time and the cousins will be so close in age!

Mrs.Sx2- How are you doing with the distractions during this TWW? For me it really works best to just carry on as normal. I know a lot of people like to do things as if they are pregnant during the TWW but for me that became really difficult and caused a lot of stress, so now I just do things as I normally would, so if I want some wine or some unpasteurized cheese, I have it! :eat  I also try to stay busy and plan fun things for the evenings or the weekends. I like to sew or craft in the evenings to keep me occupied and DP and I like to travel to the beach or the mountain on the weekends. I hope you are finding whatever it takes to keep you distracted and let this time pass quickly.

Sandie- It is good to hear from you, even if things aren't going so great right now. And happy belated birthday. It sounds like it was a hard one for you. I hope your test results have came back OK. You and your lady and your pup are in my thoughts.

AFM- Could I be moved to TWW? We did our first insem on Sunday night, did one yesterday, and plan on doing another tonight. I just got my positive OPK today but DP, KD and I really wanted to cover all of our basis. We have our IUI scheduled for tomorrow with the RE and then will probably do another at home insemination Thursday. I LOVE having a KD that is willing to produce so much sperm for us! If it all goes according to plan we will have a total of 5 insemminations this cycle and that is thrilling! I am really trying to stay positive that this will be the right combination of timing and medication for us and we will finally get our BFP fingersx.gif

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#63 of 80 Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wow so much has been going on here! Sorry I have been MIA! I owe so many of you personals! Just another fly by up date, we had our first ultrasound today and everything looks good. Still too early to see a heart beat and unfortunetly we have been here before but right now were very hopeful and excited. Last week we had a bombshell dropped on us, my younger sister announced she was pregnant and yes it was a mistake. the news has been very hard for me to deal with and has put a lot more pressure on myself and this prenancy but I am managing. As of this week we found out she is due 13 days before me... I haven't been feeling very well which has also gotten me very nervous about everything but after talking to the nurse today and getting to actually see everything is okay, I feel much better. I promise to be back soon and try not to disappear again, just been dealing with a lot of emotions lately. Best of luck to everyone else out there!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35* ***40
#64 of 80 Old 03-26-2014, 12:10 PM

It has been just a busy month for everyone! :)

Hopefully I do not miss anyone:

Lea- how are you doing?? So excited that you heard the Heart Beat! :1000:

Sandiegongp-I am so sorry. I hope that you can continue to find healing and peace.:Hug

Pookafaye!! Congrats!! jumpers.gif

Jwait-How is your TWW going?

Mamaetmaman- How are you both doing after the accident? I hope that you both are doing well! 

Hopeful- How is your TWW going? That is so awesome that you have a great KD and are able to do so many insems! Hopefully this is the month for you! 

As for me, I went and got a blood test done yesterday and they just left a message (waiting for DW to get home so we can listen together...). Does anyone else's RE just schedule blood tests instead of waiting for AF to come or a BFP pee test? The TWW wasn't too bad this time, we have had a lot going on so I was able to keep busy during the day, night time was hard though. In addition I had finals last week so that kept me really distracted. This week is spring break so I no longer have the distractions BUT I only have to wait a few more hours... I've felt really full this time around, even before ovulation and then we got a positive OPK so I am very hopeful...

Hope everyone has a good day. Baby dust to all dust.gif

Mrs.SX2

Me (29) hearts.gif DW (38)  superhero.gif   DS adoptionheart-1.gif  dog2.gifSchnapps dog2.gifDaisy
#65 of 80 Old 03-26-2014, 12:50 PM

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't stopped by for a while.  Hoping you are well.  I'm in the most boring stretch of IVF, and just finished taking over three weeks of birth control and other meds according to their orders.  I go in for an ultrasound on Friday and then hopefully start injections on Sunday.  Hopefully egg retrieval around April 7th.  

I know I'm making progress, but man this is slow!

Lots of good wishes sent your way!  :goodvibes

Me (38), single parent by choice and transgender, TTC #1 via IVF.  

tried unsuccessfully via BD in '01 and unsuccessfully via ICI in '11. Endometriosis, ovarian cysts, anovulation, oh my... left fallopian tube removed in '12. now on to IVF.  my IVF journey is at pride-of-lions.blogspot.com

#66 of 80 Old 03-26-2014, 09:18 PM

BFN... So sad.

Me (29) hearts.gif DW (38)  superhero.gif   DS adoptionheart-1.gif  dog2.gifSchnapps dog2.gifDaisy
#67 of 80 Old 03-27-2014, 11:44 AM

Mrs - I'm so sorry about your BFN greensad.gif I give you props for waiting to listen to that voicemail, that must have been hard! My doctor also does automatic bloodwork. I always go a week after insem for a progesterone test and the the following week for HCG, I always POAS before then though so I have an idea of what the results will be.

Lex - I'm sorry the process is moving so slow for you! Hopefully things start to pick up soon, April is just around the corner!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35* ***40
#68 of 80 Old 03-27-2014, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

LEA, YEAH!!!!!  Oh I am so so so happy for you guys!!!  Whoo hoo!  I can't believe you had to go thru that stressful interval between the doppler and the ultrasound.  But it must have been worth it to see that heart beat<3  Now you can breathe and begin enjoying this time.  You deserve this:Hug

Hopeful, cheers to the tww.  Glad you are getting to insem so many times!  That feels good, doesn't it!??!!  Glad I have someone to pal withjumpers.gifduring the tww.  Thanks for the Auntie wishes.  This will be my first 'official' niece or nephew.  However, my bff and DW's bff both have little ones that we are Aunties to as well.  I am very excited!

JAM!!  YEEEEEE!!!  So excited for you!  I know you won't be more certain for a bit longer, and I am sending you strength for the next few weeks.  But really am happy for you!  As for your sis' - whoa.  I'm sorry to hear that you are in such a precarious situation.  What are the chances?!?!  "Hang tough" as they say.  Hope things settle down for you soon.

MrsSx2, really sorry that this cycle wasn't the one.  I will move you to waiting to O?  Do you have plans to try again next cycle?

lrex, glad to hear from you.  Sorry time is dragging for you...congrats on getting through all the meds and tests tho'.  Apr 7 is right around the corner:)  Very exciting time coming up for you!

afm, I am only 4 dpo and am just really focusing on not letting myself hang on to stress.  Also going to make an appt to ck progesterone again on Monday.  And Tuesday we have our first RE appt.  I'm curious as to what the next week will tell us!!  Who knows?!?

Happy almost Friday!!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#69 of 80 Old 03-27-2014, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jwaite and hopeful- good luck on your TWWs! I hope they fly by and that there is good news on the horizon.

mrsSx2- sorry about the bfn. Hugs to you and DW.

jam and Lea- yay congrats again!! Hope you're feeling good smile.gif

Irex- while the injections were a bit scary at first, I started to enjoy the routine. It also gets exciting when you find out the number of follicles and their sizes. Good luck with everything!
#70 of 80 Old 03-27-2014, 11:22 PM

MrsSx2- I'm sorry to hear about the BFN

Jam, JWaite and Mamaetmaman  - thank you so much!  I guess I am starting to feel excited again - ultrasound tomorrow.  And Mama - I'm glad to hear the injections weren't horrible.  Also, I've just asked them to let me take the dexamethasone earlier in the evening so I can sleep better.  It's a steroid but they want you to take it at night.  oy. I do look forward to having little follicles and finding out what that process is like.

Jam and Lea- sending you all the best wishes as your bean grows

Jwaite and Hopeful - fingers crossed for the TWW!

Wishing peace, strength and happiness to all! :joy

Me (38), single parent by choice and transgender, TTC #1 via IVF.  

tried unsuccessfully via BD in '01 and unsuccessfully via ICI in '11. Endometriosis, ovarian cysts, anovulation, oh my... left fallopian tube removed in '12. now on to IVF.  my IVF journey is at pride-of-lions.blogspot.com

#71 of 80 Old 03-28-2014, 09:12 AM

I am new to all of this! My wife and I decided that we are going to try to have a baby this summer! YAY!!

Just a question, What do you think is the best way to get pregnant? We are going to go threw a sperm bank, but when I go on there I see IUI or ICI, What is the difference and which do you choose? We are going to try at home for a while to see if we can do it ourselves.

Any Advice I will take it!!!

I just started checking my temps and trying to figure out when im ovulating. 

#72 of 80 Old 03-28-2014, 09:30 AM

I am new to all this to!! PM me and maybe we can do this journey together! lol Its all sooo confusing!

#73 of 80 Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 AM

Why can I not send PM???

#74 of 80 Old 03-28-2014, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hello mkgarcia023! Welcome to Mothering and Queer Conceptions! You cannot PM yet because you are a brand new member. After a few more days and more posts, you will have access to sending PM's. Congratulations on getting ready to TTC! I would suggest reading back through this thread for more info and also going to the top of the Queer Parenting Forum and clicking on the link for Resources. There is lots of great information on getting pregnant. You might want to check out the books Taking Charge of Your Fertility and/or this book http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Guide-Lesbian-Conception-Pregnancy/dp/1555839401/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396037425&sr=8-1&keywords=stephanie+brill
IUI is sperm that is ready for intrauterine insemination. That is where they put a catheter on the end of the syringe and put it through the cervix into the uterus and then deposit the sperm. It is more expensive because it is washed to remove the semen. That is because if it were not washed, it would cause bad cramping if it were put directly into the uterus.
ICI is intracervical insemination. That is where you get the sperm as close as you can to the cervix without going through it. If you are going to do it yourself at home, this would be the easiest to use. Some people do IUI themselves at home, and we have some threads on doing that. We had a midwife who came to our house to do IUI for us. Good luck! I hope your journey is short and sweet.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#75 of 80 Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 PM

pokey AC Thank you so much for responding! I have been getting more information about it. Im trying to get the ovulating down! lol That is much harder then I thought it was. So when I feel ready and confident at when im ovulating we are going to try. I know a RN nurse, who I am extremely close with that is going to perform the IUI for us. I am sooo excited! When you had the midwife come, did you get pregnant the first time they did it? 

#76 of 80 Old 03-31-2014, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Mkgarcia, some people here have been successful on their first attempt, sadly not all with sticky babies, and most on the first 5 to 8 tries I would say. For some it takes longer, more than a year. The chances per monitored IUI cycle with trigger are about 14% according to literature.
Working with frozen gives you a more narrow time window, so it is great that you're working on getting your O date down, it will be crucial for success. I personally would advise charting temps and CM with an ultrasound 2 days before expected ovulation and a trigger shot (can be done at home) when doing IUI.

#77 of 80 Old 03-31-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgarcia023 View Post

When you had the midwife come, did you get pregnant the first time they did it? 

That made me laugh. I wish! I got pregnant on my 6th try and had an early loss and then I got pregnant again on my 9th try and had my baby boy. I was told the average with frozen is 4 times. Some people get lucky and get it the first time. It could happen to you. It depends on a lot of things. I was 36 when we started trying so that probably played into it. You may be younger and more fertile than I am. I couldn't say for sure. On the upside, we really love our midwife and we were happy to see her again.

#78 of 80 Old 04-01-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike View Post

Mkgarcia, some people here have been successful on their first attempt, sadly not all with sticky babies, and most on the first 5 to 8 tries I would say. For some it takes longer, more than a year. The chances per monitored IUI cycle with trigger are about 14% according to literature.
Working with frozen gives you a more narrow time window, so it is great that you're working on getting your O date down, it will be crucial for success. I personally would advise charting temps and CM with an ultrasound 2 days before expected ovulation and a trigger shot (can be done at home) when doing IUI.

I did start charting my temps, also I started taking ovulation tests to see when im ovulating and I have a friend, who her and her partner now have 2 kids! yay! Its sooo exciting! I hope its fast that I get pregnant, but not getting my hopes up! 

What do you mean get a CM? And whats a trigger shot?

AC- I am turning 26 soon and hope I get pregnant on the first try, but hey! Ill get it one day! Thats what I keep thinking. 

#79 of 80 Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hello lovely ladies!!  Please join us in the new April thread...

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1399869/queer-conceptions-april

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#80 of 80 Old 04-03-2014, 05:21 PM

I know you've moved on to April, but I wanted to answer your questions, mkgarcia. CM is cervical mucus. Ovulation predictors can be confusing. CM is a good indicator to use along with a positive OPK. Cervical position and color are also good indicators. A trigger shot is a shot of HCG, the pregnancy hormone, that you can take that makes your body ovulate. It helps with timing. Since you are young, and I assume healthy, you may not need one. You would need a doctor to prescribe it, but you can give it to yourself. We talk a lot about different medical interventions here, but plenty of women get pregnant without them so don't worry until you have something to worry about.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page