First Post, Help in the DMV area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-04-2014, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

~~Hey All! Like all new members I received the message from AdinaL and figured I should give it a go. What stood out most to me about the message was what brought me here....I will be starting my TTC journey in about 3 months!!!! I'm currently recovering from a laparoscopic myomectomy and ovarian dermoid excision, its been a week since my procedure and I'm super excited. The whole reason I had the surgery was to become pg as soon as possible. DP and I have known each other for almost 7 years and we have a 6 year old son (DP biological mom) and we are looking forward to expanding our family. With all that being said, being a lesbian and having all straight friends there really isn't anyone I feel I can turn to that would understand my TTC journey and all the questions that would accompany it. So here I am looking to learn as much as possible, help as much as I can, and hopefully gain some new friends :)

Right now we are searching for donors. I would prefer a known donor or a local cryobank to keep the costs low, but if we can't find something local then we are willing to try the well known banks as well. I live in the DMV (DC and surrounding areas) and want to know if anyone is in the same place in their journey as we are or ahead so we can possibly follow your lead to finding a donor.

Thanks a bunch guys,

:stillheartCrissy

pokeyac likes this.
#2 of 3 Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering and Queer Parenting CrissyCee!  You may also want to join in on the Queer Conceptions thread here in this forum.  If you look at the top of the main page, you will see a link to some resources that may help you as you TTC.  I hope your TTC journey is short and sweet. 

If cost is a concern and you decide to go with a bank, you may want to check out Northwest.  Their costs are lower than some banks and they ship to your home without a doctor's authorization.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 03-17-2014, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome! When son #1 was conceived in 2007 I used to pick up my vials in person at Fairfax Cryobank in Fairfax. They also have, I think, a local courier option for other parts of the DC area. Good luck!

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page