Queer Conceptions April - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 04-26-2014, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Jwaite, we too first saw an embryo at 7+1, before that just a sac, which even measured a bit small (it's so easy to be off by a milimeter though, which then makes the ultrasound program calculate wrong). So I am crossing my fingers that you're right, and your little is still hiding. All the best thoughts to you!

#62 of 75 Old 04-27-2014, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Fried! Hey how are you healing?? Everything going ok?

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#63 of 75 Old 04-27-2014, 06:07 PM

Just a quick post to say that I think we had perfect timing this time. We had our IUI yesterday and made a nice trip to Seattle for the day out of it. Then my temp had a nice spike this morning. Also, our KD's counts were so much better! Our last IUI he had a total count of 5 million post wash and this time was nearly 20 million!! His prewash total motile count was about 57.9 million! I am thrilled with those numbers and the timing! Now , we just wait.

dust.gif to all!

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#64 of 75 Old 04-28-2014, 11:17 AM

Jwaite - NIPT is just a blood draw - totally non-invasive with no risk and pretty good accuracy. They don't even list it as an option for expectant mother's under 35 though - so I'm glad to have just qualified! Anxiously checking my email today in hopes that today's the day for results. Could be another week though  :/

Hopeful - Such excellent numbers this month! I'll keep my fingers tightly crossed for you!  fingersx.gif 

BabyFaith - So frustrating to have a 1/7 chance of bad timing each month with that office closure. Here's to the next cycle: I hope it's the one for you!

****5****10*diaper.gif**15****20****25****30****35****40

#65 of 75 Old 04-28-2014, 05:43 PM

Pookafaye  - Very excited for you!  Thanks for the good wishes.  Next round will be with meds to help regulate cycles and timing a bit better.  Can't wait for the first IUI.

Hopeful - Sounds amazing!  Hoping for the best!

#66 of 75 Old 04-28-2014, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
I will be back soon with personals but wanted to mention that its the end of the month...Would anyone like to be the thread keeper for May??

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#67 of 75 Old 04-29-2014, 02:45 PM

I will be threadkeeper for May. I could use some of that threadkeepers luck :bgbounce

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#68 of 75 Old 04-30-2014, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Hopeful, THANK YOU for stepping up to be threadkeeper!!  I hope it brings you lots of baby luck!<3  Sounds like your IUI was perfect in all possible ways.  Really glad to hear that the donor's counts were so high!  AWESOME!  My fingers and toes are crossed for you this cycle.

Pookafaye, did you get your results back yet?  Glad it was just a blood test and no possible complications.  It's really neat that you get to know the baby's sex so early!  Keep us posted, please!

afu, well, we had another scan today (7w3d) and still an empty sac.  So bummed.  I am going to start acupuncture treatment to assist with the clearing process next week.  DW and I have decided that it is her turn to try.  I am 40 and with mc #2, it just makes sense to us to hand over the baton, so to speak.  I feel fortunate that we are both women and able to have her try now.  Hetero couples aren't that fortunate:)  I will stay on here to cheer for everyone, and share our story from the non-gestational parent's point of view<3  Thank you all, once again, for your kind words and supportive thoughts.  I can't express how beneficial it's been for me to have you ladies, some of which I've chatted with now for over a year.  It's really helpful to have neutral people that care<3

I hope May is a month full of BFPs for this group!!!!

#69 of 75 Old 04-30-2014, 08:58 PM

Silly me - I only posted to the QP&P board - we're having a boy! DD is super put out about it, which is kind of adorable. So I've had a 3 year old trying to negotiate with me to somehow turn the baby in to a girl or at the very least promise her we'll have another baby in the future. We're pretty sure we won't have another, especially if our foster son gets to stay. On that front, his dad slipped up this week, which is not enough to wrap things up, but it does give us some hope that DFS might stay. My biggest worry is that he goes back to his dad only to end up in the system again down the road. Right now I'm holding on top hope that he stays.

Jwaite - I am so very sorry for your news. I can only imagine how you're feeling. Is DW a lot younger than you? Mine is a bit younger but has had enough health issues (including cancer) that we really felt we only had one uterus at our disposal. I'm so glad that you guys will get to continue trying. I'll be here rooting for you! 

#70 of 75 Old 05-01-2014, 12:17 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
candle.gif Jwaite, I am so very sorry you have to go through this again. Many healing thoughts for your hearts and mind to you and DW, and that your body will be able to let it go naturally.

#71 of 75 Old 05-01-2014, 07:51 AM

Oh, jwaite, I'm so sorry! I'm very glad that you have the option for DW to TTC, but know that that doesn't stop your loss from hurting. Sending you both all my hopes and wishes for things to go well with the switch. And very glad to hear you'll stick around and share your NGP journey with us. Is the plan to stick with your current KD?

Pook, I do hope your little girl ends up with two little brothers in the end, even if it takes her a while to adjust to the horrible notion of not having a little sister. I have thought a lot about the idea of fostering, and, right now, I just can't imagine the emotional turmoil of letting myself love a child who may or may not stay with me--and knowing that I had no control over what happens. I still think I may pursue it someday--once I've fulfilled my desire to experience pregnancy/birth, I hope I might be in a better place to roll with that experience.

AFM, I have to laugh. Today and Saturday are insem days, and the office manager at my work just brought me a box marked perishable. I've ended up with a lot of Saturday shipments over the past year, so have only had to have my KD ship to me at work a few times, but she's very chatty and friendly, and the first time I got a shipment here, I couldn't figure out how to explain why I got a box marked perishable shipped to me first overnight, so I might have insinuated that my friend had a bit of a thing for baking. Okay, so insinuated might be the wrong phrase. Hey, it's baby batter, right? So, L just came to my desk with the box and said, "it looks like your friend sent more yummy treats." I hope my smile looked like the smile of someone who was looking forward to handmade truffles, not the smile of someone who was trying not to crack up....
pokeyac likes this.

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#72 of 75 Old 05-01-2014, 09:00 AM

jwaite - I'm so sorry to read your update. I hope that things go okay for you as you move on to your next step. You seem to have an incredible way of maintaining a positive attitude no matter what you are facing.

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#73 of 75 Old 05-01-2014, 12:55 PM

May forum is now started!

Please join us:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1401367/queer-conceptions-may#post_17620907

#74 of 75 Old 05-07-2014, 08:35 PM

Ok so my partner and I are ready to begin the insemenation process. We are meeting with a known donor tomorrow to talk everything over and are hoping to start as soon as this month or next. We are going to try at home first. I have a 11 year old son from a previous marriage with a man. And I'm ready to have a little one in our lives again. I'm hoping that it will go well and fast. Fingers and toes crossed.
#75 of 75 Old 05-08-2014, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi shan33! Welcome to Queer Parenting! Queer Conceptions has a thread for each month. Come on over to the May thread and introduce yourself here! I hope your TTC journey is short and sweet.
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1401367/queer-conceptions-may/0_30#post_17625045

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page