Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Queer Parenting (http://www.mothering.com/forum/235-queer-parenting/)
-   -   Queer Conceptions April (http://www.mothering.com/forum/235-queer-parenting/1399869-queer-conceptions-april.html)

jwaite05 04-01-2014 07:17 PM

:rotflmao Welcome to the April 2014 Thread:rotflmao

April is the month that we begin to feel the warmth in the air,

When rain showers water Earth's seeds,

And fertility is celebrated. 

A magical time to conceive new life!

dust.gifLet's make some Winter babiesdust.gif

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

fillefantome

jpg123&sandiegongp

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww fingersx.gif

Hopeful22

NiseNise

Working on IUI

onemommyonemama

mkgarcia

heyfoureyes

Working on IVF
SanDiego78

lrex99

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be readywave.gif

jwaite05

MrsSelfridgeX2 

JustAnotherJenny

PlaidFlannel

TTCinKS

osker

mamaetmaman

DarcySD

invitnconceptn

TaviPDX

Fmorris28 chartnew.gif

greenpants

bettertomarry

Kbfs

Lovestreet13
KWPX2
TineyDreams
Scorpioma
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
heart-n-bones
BByH1Pr

2014 Graduates!

March *Pookafaye:joy* Jam51212:joy

February* Lea2012 :joy

2013 Graduates!

December* Twomommyfamily  *Agrex:joy

November * Prettyisa  * Sevie  * Friederike

October * redrockband 

August * Lizbian * Beastie 
May * Lovingisliving 
March * Escher  * Sotohana  * Amt1015 
February * Granite 
January * Esenbee2  * LindseyW  * Sphinxy 

2012 Graduates!

December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

hopeful22 04-02-2014 12:21 PM

Jwaite- Thanks for the shiny new thread! How is the TWW treating you? When do you plan on testing?

Jam- How are you feeling?

Mrs. Sx2- Sorry about the BFN. Hugs to you.

lrex- you must have started the injections by now, how is that going?

mkg- Welcome! As far as IUI or ICI, when I was using a frozen sperm my partner and I bought IUI samples and did the IUI at home a few times. We bought some speculums, needless syringes and catheters online and we were able to get it up in there. I think as far as success goes, I've read that IUI has a higher success rate than ICI, because it gets the sperm all the way up there. We used NW Cryobank out of Spokane, WA and they were fairly inexpensive compared to others. They were also really great to work with and really friendly whenever we needed anything. The advice that I got when we first started was to try 3 times on anyone method before moving on to the next step. We started on our own, then did a few IUI's done by my PCP and then moved on to an RE for some testing and monitoring. I took a break for awhile and am know using clomid and a KD with fresh swimmers, and doing inseminations at home and an IUI at the RE's. I also tracked my cycle for three months prior to our first IUI, doing BBT, OPK and checking CM and cervical position. I think this really helped because I learned so much about my body and really made the timing so much easier. I hope that you don't have to do nearly as many attempts as I've done, in fact, I hope you get it on the first try!  I think it was pookey that recommended some books, I would second that recommendation, both books are great. I would also recommend Fertility Friend for charting your cycles. I'd love to hear more about you and your family. Will this be your first? Where is it that you call home? You said wife, how long have you been married?

AFM: 7 DPO... :2whistle

jam51212 04-02-2014 07:24 PM

Jwaite05 – Thank you for the shiny new thread! You have been quite the marathon thread keeper, hoping for some thread keeper luck for you! How is the 2ww treating you? Hoping it is flying by!

Hopeful22 – I am feeling okay, I seem to be having the all-day “morning” sickness starting but I really can’t complain! I will speak to more details below! How has the first week of the 2ww treating you? I seem to always be fine that first week but the second was torture! Ha Do you plan on testing early?

Mkgarcia023 – WELCOME! I hope your stay is short and sweet! This board is really a life saver and so helpful during your process! We have only ever tried IUI via frozen sperm at an RE’s office… we were one of the lucky ones that got our BFP but it unfortunately ended in a MC. We now are newly pregnant with our 3rd attempt so still very lucky in this process so far!

Lrex – How are things going? Any updates?

AFM – Well I think I am ready to cautiously add to the March graduates! We had another ultrasound today at 6w 2d and got to see the heartbeat which was such a relief. Everything seems to be going well so far although we are still not out of the clear yet. I seem to be getting the lovely all-day “morning” sickness which has my belly all sorts of crazy lately but I will take it! I also seem to be hungry all the time but nothing sounds good at all, totally not like me at all! Ha I will follow along and root everyone on in their journeys! Hoping to see more great news soon!

friederike 04-03-2014 02:57 AM

Jam - yay graduation  broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif

mkgarcia023 04-03-2014 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful22 View Post

Jwaite- Thanks for the shiny new thread! How is the TWW treating you? When do you plan on testing?

Jam- How are you feeling?

Mrs. Sx2- Sorry about the BFN. Hugs to you.

lrex- you must have started the injections by now, how is that going?

mkg- Welcome! As far as IUI or ICI, when I was using a frozen sperm my partner and I bought IUI samples and did the IUI at home a few times. We bought some speculums, needless syringes and catheters online and we were able to get it up in there. I think as far as success goes, I've read that IUI has a higher success rate than ICI, because it gets the sperm all the way up there. We used NW Cryobank out of Spokane, WA and they were fairly inexpensive compared to others. They were also really great to work with and really friendly whenever we needed anything. The advice that I got when we first started was to try 3 times on anyone method before moving on to the next step. We started on our own, then did a few IUI's done by my PCP and then moved on to an RE for some testing and monitoring. I took a break for awhile and am know using clomid and a KD with fresh swimmers, and doing inseminations at home and an IUI at the RE's. I also tracked my cycle for three months prior to our first IUI, doing BBT, OPK and checking CM and cervical position. I think this really helped because I learned so much about my body and really made the timing so much easier. I hope that you don't have to do nearly as many attempts as I've done, in fact, I hope you get it on the first try!  I think it was pookey that recommended some books, I would second that recommendation, both books are great. I would also recommend Fertility Friend for charting your cycles. I'd love to hear more about you and your family. Will this be your first? Where is it that you call home? You said wife, how long have you been married?

AFM: 7 DPO... :2whistle

Hopeful22- Thanks so much for all that information! I would love more if anyone has any! I've been doing a lot of research on this and its just so exciting! I did start the Fertility Friend Chart, I am on cycle day 14! lol I will track my ovulations for a few months before actually trying. It's so hard waiting! lol 

About me? My 26th birthday is this month! yay! lol My Wife Melissa is 31, We will be going on a year next month married. I do have a son named Christopher, Topher for short. He is 4 1/2 years old. I had him from a previous marriage with a guy. (Which that turned out horrible! lol) I live in Wisconsin. They dont yet accept same sex marriage, BOO!, but we are domestic partners and say we are married because a piece of paper isnt going to tell me that i'm married or not. On a creepy note! lol My mom has been an RN nurse for about 28 years and she said she would help with the IUI to make sure we are doing it right and hopefully we get it on the first try! Fingers crossed!!

Jam51212- Thats soooo exciting your pregnant! Congrats! It makes me smile to hear someone is pregnant. Let me know how everything goes! I am looking at getting those books I was recommended but dang, $60! for a book! lol but Hey, it will give me lots of knowledge! 

jwaite05 04-03-2014 05:51 PM

YEAAAAAA  JAM!!!!!!!

banana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifvbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif I am so so happy for you guys!!  Congrats on being a March Graduate<3

And with that said, I will be back with more personals and details later, but just had to share that I got a bfp this evening:)  fingersx.gif  We are cautiously excited.  And I'm glad to be able to tell you guys because we are going to wait a bit before we share our news.  Ironically, we have an appt with an OB next Wednesday...we were seriously considering starting Clomid for my next cycle.  Guess we'll have something different to talk with the doc about.  :1praying Praying that this little sucker sticks!!

Back soon for personals!

jam51212 04-03-2014 07:15 PM

YEAH JWAITE!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOO exciting!

pookafaye 04-03-2014 09:27 PM

Jam - Yay! Great to have a graduating buddy - I look forward to commiserating with you for the next several months!!!  No real morning sickness here, just exhaustion - but I did just throw up out of nowhere about 15 minutes ago - very odd.  Anyway, have some more veggies!!! 

carrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gif

Jwaite - So excited for you! Lots and lots of sticky vibes!!! sticky.gif

Everyone else - I hope you have a fabulous April filled with lots of new graduates!  dust.gif

****5**diaper.gif*10****15****20****25****30****35****40

friederike 04-03-2014 11:41 PM

Jwaite - wow, that's awesome, I am sending lots and lots of sticky thoughts to you sticky.gif
Great that you already have an appointment lined up next week, they'll be able to check things right away and hopefully give you some peace of mind. Tell us when you're ready for the veggies.

mkgarcia023 04-04-2014 06:34 AM

Jwaite05- That is soooooooooooo exciting! Congrats!! Let us know how the appt goes! 

lea2012 04-04-2014 09:56 AM

Jawaite! I'm so excited for you. And I also know all too well what cautiously excited feels like. I hope you have a great appointment next week!

jwaite05 04-04-2014 05:22 PM

Mkgarcia, :w!  I haven't gotten to give you a proper HELLO ... so sorry about that!  And thanks for the congrats.  I am glad you have found this board.  It's full of wonderful support and a wealth of knowledge.  Hope your stay is quick and easy:)

lrex, how did your u/s go?  Are you still looking at retrieval next week?

Hopeful, my fingers are crossed for you!!  How's the tww going?  Keeping busy?

Pooka, glad to know that you aren't feeling too nauseous.  Being tired can be hard with a little one?  Are you able to sleep at night?  I know that sleep can be weird in the first trimester.  I hope you are able to rest as much as possible<3

Jam, sorry to hear about the all day morning sickness:(  I am sure you don't mind, in exchange for a growing healthy baby bean:)  But still no fun.  Hope your first trimester flies by so you can take some deep breathes and settle in for the last two!  So so excited that you saw the heartbeat.  Magic!  Prayers and positive vibes to you~

Lea, thanks for the cheers!  How are you feeling this week?  You are heading into week 12?  

MrsSx2, how are you holding up?  Would you like me to move you to waiting to O?

Sandie and jpg, how are you both??

Mama, how's your DW feeling?  Healing from the accident, I hope?!!!  

afm, I had a nice meeting with the RE on this past Tuesday.  He gave us some options to consider.  And tested my progesterone level.  DW and I were looking at some major decisions over this weekend (if we hadn't gotten our bfp:)) about how to proceed with next steps/new ways of ttc.  On Wednesday, the RE's office called with the progesterone levels -- 12.something (can't remember exact number).  The Med Assistant said 'that's higher than the normal range, so you are off to a great start'.  DW and I raised our eye brows a bit at the level, knowing it was a bit higher that the normal...and so I decided to poas yesterday when I got home from work.  Got a faint second line on two cheapie tests then DW asked me to use the Clear Blue Digital to see what it said.  It confirmed the others.  Of course, I tested again this morning and may test again tomorrow (just for peace of mind:) crazy, I know.).  I am looking forward to meeting with the OB on Wednesday to get some b/w done and watch those numbers rise until it's time for an u/s.  Whew!!  What a ride....I am feeling so blessed to be sharing this process with you guys.  Thanks for the sticky baby vibes!!!  Hugs to all<3

Babyfaith 04-05-2014 06:37 PM

Finally had our first fertility appointment.  The plan is to have an HSG and then try an unmedicated cycle of IUI first.  Fingers crossed!   :energy 

lrex99 04-06-2014 11:28 PM

Hi all. Sorry I disappeared. Tonight I just have myself the trigger injection and egg retrieval is scheduled for Tuesday. My one ovary has about 18 follicles. So that's good.

But this week I have been FREAKING OUT about moving forward. smile.gif i have been getting very worried about not having enough time, money or energy and of being single. Sometimes I just can't conjure up any happy baby thoughts or feelings and instead think of all of the things I would be giving up. I was so excited when I started this process so maybe it is the hormones or reality sinking in. But it is definitely making me rethink my decision.

Thanks for listening. Hope you are all doing well. Hopefully I can catch up on personals.

Peace,
Leo

jwaite05 04-07-2014 04:20 PM

BabyFaith, very exciting that you had your first appt.  When is the HSG scheduled for?  Good luck to you.  I hope it's easy and your insem cycle goes smoothly.  Keep us posted:)

Lrex, Good luck tomorrow.  I hope the retrieval goes well.  I think your fears and 'freak-outs' are totally normal.  Our minds are a powerful force.  And xtra hormones can't help!  Sending positive thoughts...I have a lot of admiration for what you are doing.  

Hopeful, when will you start testing?

afm, still poas each morning and still getting that second line.  Started to feel a bit nauseous before lunch today...a familiar feeling:)  Really keeping my thoughts as positive as possible.  I must say, it is hard not to think about the next 8 weeks, and all of the what ifs.:blah  I'm a little obsessed with making sure I am not bleeding each time I wipe.  I hope I will feel a bit better after I have some b/w done.  And I know in my wiser of minds that whatever will be will be ... all I can do is stay healthy and reduce my stress as much as possible.  

Baby Dust to all!!

JustAnotherJenny 04-07-2014 08:58 PM

So many new faces!  I've been on a break since August and haven't kept up.  :(

BUT OMG!  Congrats to some ol' familiar faces: jwaite, friederike, and JAM!  So happy to see this wonderful news!

Welcome to lexrex -- I totally get where you're coming from on the equal parts excitement and terror with moving forward.  After almost every IUI, I get the initial elation/excitment/hopefulness followed immediately by the WTF have I done!?  When I started this whole ttc thing, I was also planning to start as a single parent by choice.  I've been at it so long, I'm in a relationship that has slowly morphed into something more, but we still haven't determined all the parenting structure yet.  I'm just moving forward with project baby as planned and the relationship will fall where it does.  She's supportive, but apprehensive because having children was never really part of her plan, but she's open to the idea.  I'm grateful for company at the appointments and also when it comes to needle jabbing.  :) 

AFM: I'm 8dpo in #7th IUI with frozen from The Sperm Bank of California.  I didn't do any stimulation meds for the first time ever this cycle. I had two follicles (go me!) and only used a trigger to help nail timing..  So, here's hoping that it is, indeed, a lucky #7.

Babyfaith 04-07-2014 10:14 PM

jwaite - Congrats!!!!!! Amazing news!!!!!! So happy for you....  :joycoolshine.gif

Hopefully we'll have some good news soon too.  HSG is scheduled for next week. 

Quote:

hopeful22 04-08-2014 04:44 PM

Just drive by posting...

Jwaite I am SO excited for you!!!! I am sending all of my sticky vibes your way. :goodvibes

Leo, How did the retrieval go?

I feel like we are on a roll for April and it gives me a lot of hope about my results for this cycle. I plan on testing tonight, and plan on getting on the April graduate list, along with my cycle buddy, JWaite. :bgbounce

For anyone who likes guided imagery, or who might be struggling with feelings of not being able to get or stay pregnant, I highly recommend these free podcast by Kaiser. It is by Belleruth Naparsteck, who has a very soothing voice. There are recordings for lots of different things but the ones I really enjoy are the Healthy Pregnancy Guided Imagery and Healthy Pregnancy Affirmations. She also has ones for successful childbirth for those of you that are pregnant.  Click here to see a list, listen or download any of the free podcasts they have or here to listen to the ones just on pregnancy or childbirth.

lrex99 04-08-2014 05:55 PM

Hi all,  thank you so much for your support.  The retrieval went well.  They got 14 eggs.  I asked them not to fertilize them, but just freeze them as eggs.  I didn't realize that was an option and it takes a great load of my mind, especially since my donor was anonymous and I don't have a commitment to him specifically.  I'm not sure how long I will leave mine in the freezer before I do the next steps.  I'm just not quite ready and giving myself permission to take a break.

Wishing all the best for you.   You are and will be amazing.

:joy

pokeyac 04-09-2014 11:07 AM

lrex-That sounds like a good idea. Breaks are things you can control in TTC. That seems like one of the benefits of IVF. The eggs will be there when you are ready. I hope you have a peaceful and productive rest.

Good luck, Hopeful!

fillefantome 04-09-2014 02:06 PM

Just a quick check-in to say I'm now in the TWW. I think I ovulated the day before insem, so I'm pretty sure I'm out, but who knows. Period is due late next week.

Assuming I'm not pregnant, I think I'll be taking next cycle off (because of travel for me and KD on either end of expected O window), and then will start taking the letrazole the RE prescribed back in December for future cycles.

Thinking of you all. Life has been so crazy busy, I haven't had much time to dwell on TTC, but I have been reading along and crossing my fingers for all of you, rejoicing in your successes and feeling your frustrations!

jwaite05 04-12-2014 05:29 AM

JustAnotherJenny, Welcome back!  Good to see you pop up here!!  I have added you to the TWW:)  Good luck to you ~ maybe this is the lucky number 7!!!  That would be a great add on to your conception story<3

Lrex, 14 eggs!  Wow!!  That's was totally worth it, huh?!?!  I echo what PokeyAC said...Good for you for making the decisions that are best for you at this moment.  It's great that you can actually be in control of something during this process.

Hopeful, did you test?  I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.  Thank you for the guided imagery info.  I am going to ck it out when i am done posting:)

Fille, Good to hear from you as well.  I have added you to the TWW as well!!  Hope it sails by smoothly for you<3 and ends actually as you want it to. 

afm, I had my appt on Wednesday and my HCG came back within normal range of being at the 4week mark.  I went back Friday morning for another draw and will get the results on Monday.  Wanting to see the numbers going up:)  And then we'll schedule an u/s for sometime in 6week mark.  I really like this OB and his RN, so I am adapting them as my practitioners for the first 12weeks.  They were all very excited that I had gotten a bfp this cycle because they were expecting me to come in on Wed to talk about Clomid:)  I have started a journal and am doing everything possible to stay positive.  So far, I have started getting nauseous in the morning, and even though I snack until lunch time, I don't start perking up until after lunch.  I love it!  I am tired and bbs are starting to get sore.  All good signs in my book.   Being cautiously excited it really hard to do:)

Happy Baby Vibes to all!!!

jwaite05 04-12-2014 06:10 AM

Hopeful, I LOVE THE MEDITATION AND AFFIRMATION LINK!!  THANK YOU THANK YOU!!  I shared them with my sister in law (who is also expecting and only a month ahead of us:)).  xo

onemommyonemama 04-12-2014 02:29 PM

Hi everyone :) I've been following here for a while and I guess its time to say hello wave.gif

My wife and I have two DDs. My wife carried our first, and I carried our second. We are now hoping to have a third - and have our appointment with our RE May 14th. So, I'm starting to realize its time to get myself ready for TTC! I will hopefully carry this child if its in the cards for us to have another.

So hello! and I hope to participate more around here and cheer everyone on while I wait for our first IUI, version 3.0.

A little about us - we live in a small town in Ontario, Canada. My wife and I are married. She is a teacher and I am a SAHM who also works part time (though am not right now). My eldest is almost 5, and DD2 who I birthed is now 2!

pokeyac 04-12-2014 02:49 PM

Welcome back OMOM!  I hope your journey is short and sweet!  :goodvibes

jwaite05 04-13-2014 09:51 AM

:wonemommyonemama!  Thank you for introducing yourself...I hope you will find this board very supportive and informative:)  What will you be doing to get yourself ready for your first IUI?  I am sure your appt will be here before you know it!  

mamaetmaman 04-13-2014 04:14 PM

Happy April everyone.

jwaite- so excited for you! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for this pregnancy :) Thanks for asking how we're doing as well. After the accident, DW had some weird bleeding, so we decided to wait another cycle to do the FET. We're still waiting for her to bleed (probably another 2 or 3 weeks) and then we'll transfer two embabies.

Irex- I hope you're healing up well from your retrieval, and that you have someone to help take care of you. I remember how painful my recovery was- especially the tears during simple tasks like trying to poop!

jenny- welcome back sistah! 

friederike- how are you girl? How far along now?

fillefantome- I hope this TWW flies by and that there's some awesome news at the end of it.

onemommyonemama- welcome! we live in Ontario as well! And we're both teachers :)

onemommyonemama 04-13-2014 07:19 PM

jwaite - thanks for the welcome :) Preparing for IUI ... I'm working on weaning my DD who is now 2. I want to do it gradually and haven't decided if we will completely wean or not before TTC. We are also working on moving her out of our bed and into sharing a room with her sister - which has actually gone really well, but has meant she wakes up more often :) Another thing I'm trying to do is get some things done around our home and yard that I don't like doing or can't do while pregnant. In our relationship I am more of the builder/painter/handywoman in the mix. I'm trying to take my prenatal vitamins regularly now. But also trying to soak in this moment in our family life :) and trying to not get my hopes up and prepare in all ways for our family to change at the same time...

pokey - thanks!! :)

mamaetmaman - Wow! That is great! I hope to teach after our kids are in school - hopefully there will be some more job opportunities then. We'd love to be a two teacher home too :)

friederike 04-14-2014 08:40 AM

Hopeful, I finally checked out the meditation and it is amazing. DW downloaded them for me and made a CD so I can do them as often as possible. Great preparation. Thank you for the link!

Fille, how is the TWW treating you so far? Are you going to test this week or will you wait if AF shows?

Onemommy, the best of luck for kid 3.0. May your TTC period be short.
Are you hoping to have another daughter or wishing a bit for a boy this time?

Mama, good to see you again, though sorry to hear you're still waiting for the transfer. I am guessing her cycle is a bit delayed? I hope everything resolves soon.
[ I'll be 24 weeks on wednesday. Had a huge scare last week; emergency appendectomy, which was (and somewhat still is) painful, but luckily kiddo seems to have gotten through it all with no harm. I never need surgeons discussing survival rates of a 23 week micro-preemie ever again. I get to rest at home now until Easter, that's neat. ]

hopeful22 04-14-2014 04:25 PM

Fried and Jwaite- I am glad you both find the affirmations helpful :)

Fried- It sounds like you had quite a scare, I am glad you and the LO are all doing well now, and that he was able to stay in there all nice and cozy through everything.

Jwaite- I'm so glad to hear all about your pregnancy symptoms. They sound fabulous! I can't wait for those days of morning sickness and being super tired, although I am sure I will feel different by the time I've put in a few weeks of feeling like crap. :) I really am so thrilled that you were able to get a positive before having to start with any RE's. If I remember right, you were trying for awhile right? And was it you that had mentioned low counts for your KD?

OMOM- Welcome back!

AFM- Well, we got yet another BFN :( We are now onto the third cycle of 50 mg Clomid + IUI. I counted this morning and I think this makes try 15 or 16 since I started trying in December of 2011. When I started this journey I had no idea it would take this long or take this much effort. I haven't been trying the entire time since then, I took a break for awhile there and had a lot of change in my life. Since restarting, we are now on cycle #8, and even just looking at that number is exhausting. I emailed the nurse at the RE's office this morning to talk about the next step, and she wasn't able to give me any information. She said I would have to have an appt. with the Dr. which is just frustrating to me because it feels like I am just on the same generic plan as everyone else. Last time we met with the doctor, she said the time that I was trying before wasn't really a factor in my plan because when I switched partners it was like I was starting from scratch. (They don't know that my partner is trans and that the sperm we are using doesn't come from him.) At first I just accepted this, but now I am just frustrated.

So question for any of you who have been at this step: What was your next step after Clomid? Did you have better/different results with Femara?  What other medications have you tried? I ovulate on my own and don't think timing is an issue since we have been able to cover all possible days with our KD. The sperm count for KD is on the low side, but other than that no other problems have been found. I am young and relatively healthy and that makes this even more frustrating. If there was a known reason or a cause then I would at least know what to focus on.