Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting in April, May, June, July - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

#61 of 84 Old 06-19-2014, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Pook, that is amazing! First it seems like you're going to loose him completely and now this. I'll keep all my fingers crossed for a smooth process.

Jam - so well, congrats on the upgrade About the movement, I am fairly sure there were flutters earlier than I realized, but I had no clue what to look for of course. My midwife tols me it feels like butterflies, but I never really had those early on. In our case I was watching a music channel "US Pop Divas Top 50" show, in our hotel room in London, as usual with my hands resting on the sides of my belly. During a song I cranked up very loudly (I think it was Lady Gaga, he must either hate or like her *lol*) I felt a very distinct kick against my hand. We were able to repeat this several times. During those early days a lot depended on how he was positioned. I never felt much movement down below in the pelvis, in front around the navel and on the upper side, it was mostly only the sides, where the placenta doesn't cushion him. So depending on how he bounced around the kicks came and vanished until he grew a bit more. Now, there is no way he could move a limb without me noticing, he fills up all available space.

#62 of 84 Old 06-19-2014, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After some quiet days, there is a lot to catch up on here! I only have a few minutes, but just wanted to send good thoughts to those of you getting close to your dates! And Jam, congrats on your "official" marriage. My partner and I are also getting state-married in a couple weeks (In WA they are converting all domestic partnerships to marriages on June 30th, unless you convert it yourself earlier or cancel the partnership). We have some complicated feelings about the loss of the option of domestic partnerships, but we will definitely benefit from the expanded rights.

I saw that a couple of you have scans coming up or have to go in for a second anatomy scan. We had an appointment with the midwife a couple days ago and she said the second scan was still inconclusive, particularly some particular image related to the right side of the heart, because this baby doesn't want to be still. Ever. But, she said that they are not medically concerned at all and that they don't see a need for me to go back for another ultrasound unless some other specific concern came up. So, that's that. I can't help but feel a little worried, but I also trust the wisdom and experience of the midwife. Next appointment will be towards the end of July - hard to believe I'll be solidly in the third trimester by then.

Hope everyone is doing well - sending lots of good thoughts in all your directions! Looking forward to more updates from all of you!

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****30***3 5****40
#63 of 84 Old 06-24-2014, 09:35 AM

Quick post to say that Matthijs Orion was born thursday morning. I'll post more about his arrival later, but he was born by c-section at 36w6d and is doing amazing, no nicu time or problems at all. The OB's were surprised with how big he was and joked around that if he was full term we would have had to change his name to Bruiser. He was 7 lbs 2 oz and 21 in long. He is breastfeeding great (I was really worried with having a c-section and an early babe).

Here are a few pics and I'll come post his birth/arrival story later this week. Isa and Fried you're next!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140622_180231.jpg (85.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140622_210031.jpg (91.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg S__ED40.jpg (106.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg S__4A6D.jpg (120.4 KB, 28 views)
pokeyac likes this.

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#64 of 84 Old 06-24-2014, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Congratulations redrockband! I'm so glad all is well. I hope you are healing well also. Enjoy your new baby time.: joy

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#65 of 84 Old 06-24-2014, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, Redrock, how amazing that your babe is already here. I can't get over the cuteness of him in that green diaper
Glad to hear he is doing so well and nursing. I hope you're also healing quickly. Enjoy your first moments as a new family.

#66 of 84 Old 06-25-2014, 02:44 PM

Redrock!!! Congratulations!!! Matthijs is an absolutely adorable little newborn (he already has a level of cuteness that I tend to think babies need a couple of weeks to get to - generally speaking). I'm so happy for your little family and so glad to see he's big and healthy!

#67 of 84 Old 06-25-2014, 08:11 PM

Congrats redrock! I'm so excited for you and your growing family! Looking forward to more details about his arrival - hope you're all feeling well and doing great!

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

#68 of 84 Old 06-30-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Congrats redrock! Enjoy your time as a new family.

Mother to one dd .
#69 of 84 Old 07-01-2014, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

So, welcome everybody to July. How are you guys doing? Our second trimester mommas, how are you feeling? Pook, jam, Lea? Are the babies kicking? Did you start any baby preparations?
Prettyisa, how are you?
I am doing very well, we'll get some heat later this week, which I won't enjoy at all, but our babe is lots of fun these days. Very responsive to DW reading to him or singing, tickling his back and toes or shocking him during the soccer world cup with all our yelling or celebrating goals. My (huge) belly moved down quite a bit, so he is getting into position for take-off.

#70 of 84 Old 07-04-2014, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi all!

The boys came at 5:17 and 18 on Monday evening via c-section. It turned out to be a good choice because baby B was quite a bit larger than A and they told us it would have been difficult to do a breach extraction in that case. Everett Marion was 7lbs, 12oz, and his brother Theodore Lewis was 8lbs, 3oz. Both are healthy and happy and sister Edie is doing great! I'll try to put up more pics in the next few days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boys.jpg (58.0 KB, 25 views)
hopeful22 likes this.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#71 of 84 Old 07-04-2014, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations prettyisa to the arrival of your cute duo. I hope you recover quickly from the section. They are very handsome boys, love the slightly grumpy look of the one on the right. The names you picked are awesome. All the best to your family.

#72 of 84 Old 07-06-2014, 08:27 AM

Jam - how exciting! congrats on the wedding and scans etc. Noah has a cousin born 13 days before him which is great, although they live in Australia so not sure how much are going to see each other.

Pook - congrats, fantastic about the adoption, definitely time for a bigger car!

Pretty Isa & Redrock - WOW congrats to you guys. They all look adorable and love the names.Hope motherhood is treating you both well and you're not too sleep deprived.

Fried - you finished work yet? Not long to go for you now & hope it's not been too hot in Germany.

We are just back after a week camping with the dogs and Noah in France just to see how they all were. Turns out pretty well behaved and we'd definitely do it again. Can't believe he's 12 weeks already - time flies!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#73 of 84 Old 07-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Pretty - Congratulations! What beautiful little guys you've brought in to the world and what big healthy sizes for twins - great work! It seems that their little personalities are already apparent too. I'm glad to hear that Edie is doing well too. I worry a bit about how DFS will accept the new baby but I know that DD has always take to the babies we've brought home (she's had 4 foster siblings in total and couldn't be more excited to have a little brother coming who she knows will stay forever). I hope that you have a quick recovery from the c-section at that you have lots of support while you're healing and caring for two newborns. We're both going to be so busy with 3 kids (and two of them boys! DFS has been so much more of a handful than DD and it gets harder to deny everyone's insistence that that is the nature of boys).

Fried - It looks like you'll be next, eh? And your little one must have had some real shocks with the victory against France! We have some American friends living over there who confused their neighbors by wearing our flag's colors for the 4th of July and inadvertently seeming to support France Once they made the realization they did a little German flag face paint to make sure they didn't call the wrong kind of attention to themselves.

Lizbian - Camping with a 12 week old? I salute you! We tried camping in the backyard a few weeks ago to see how the kids would do. DD loved sleeping in a tent but DFS ended up sleeping in his own bed because he's used to having a dark quiet room and the summer sun is harder to block in a tent Glad it went so well for you!

AFM - things are just plodding along, nothing too exciting. We're still so very happy about the outlook with DFS though I've been getting a lot of fluttery movement too, including what I think was a sharp kick that woke me up in the middle of the night last week. Lots of aches and pains from pregnancy related swelling and I can't seem to find the time for things like prenatal yoga around juggling two kids. I did finally get a U-shaped pregnancy pillow which has made a huge difference in my ability to stay asleep (on my back elevated 30 degrees) and not wake up with both arms numb!

****5****10****15****20***25****30****35*** *40

#74 of 84 Old 07-08-2014, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Lizbian, wow I would never dare go camping with such a little one and dogs, you are troopers. What is Noah like, besides well behaved? Did you get over your thrombosis?

Pook, aren't those kicks fun though? Did the kids get to feel them already? We had friends over with an 8 year old last week, he was so nervous and excited about feeling the baby, quite cute. I am sorry to hear you are already suffering from swelling and pains, I hope it doesn't get worse. I noticed that I need to make sure to eat plenty of salt to reduce the swelling somewhat. Most days I can still wear my wedding ring but it's getting tight and some shoes don't fit anymore.

AFM, so yeah, I guess we're next.
My boy has moved down a bit with more contractions that reminded me strongly of period cramps. Meeh, I thought I had gotten rid of those. Otherwise all is good, I don't feel like he's coming any time soon, but who knows. I still haven't finished grading a bunch of term papers because it was to hot and my brain wouldn't work.
Actually me writing here right now is me procrastinating while I have a 50 page paper on politics in Mali to read. I am also spending lots of time volunteering these days. We do tolerance training and sex ed in schools with an LGBTI focus and now that the school year is about to wrap up and grades are done, we get lots of projects. We often let the kids guess what our orientation is and while I always had like a 80% straight vote, now it is usually 100% with the pregnancy and the girly preggo summer dresses. So fun. It's also amazing what questions I am getting. The kids are always first asking about how the decision making process works about who carries the baby and about both moms breastfeeding, instead of how we managed to make this baby, which I would have expected.

#75 of 84 Old 07-09-2014, 04:06 PM

Pretty- Congratulations on those beautiful babies you brought into the world! They look great and so big for twin babies!

Redrock- Congratulations to you too on your little guy! He is so adorable! How are you all doing?

AFM- This first trimester has been hard with many ups and downs and I am so happy that Friday we will offically be into the second trimester. At 9 weeks 5 days I went into the ER because of severe cramping and after some tests and an ultrasound we found out that Baby A's heart had stopped beating. We were heartbroken and terrified. I was so afraid of losing both babies and still have not quite recovered from that. My OB put me on bedrest for a few weeks to prevent any further cramping/bleeding and to keep Baby B healthy. So far everything looks great with Baby B and we got a fetal heart doppler that we use everyday to check on it. I am still trying to recover from the loss of our baby, who we named Emery. I am so grateful to still be pregnant with a healthy baby, but the loss has hit me pretty hard. After so much energy spent on trying to get pregnant it feels really unfair to have to also go through this. DP and I had a little ceremony on the beach to say goodbye to Emery and that helped a lot. It was nice to be able to tell him some of the things that I wasn't able to say and to sort of release him in a way. So now, we are doing what we can to keep healthy and our stress levels low while we wait to meet this baby that I am lucky enough to be growing.

I hope you all are doing well. I did some reading to catch up and will be back later to post some more personals.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our babies, expected January 2015.
#76 of 84 Old 07-09-2014, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm so sorry for your loss, hopeful. That must have been devastating to hear the news. I hope you are both healing well and that Baby B continues to grow up healthy and strong.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#77 of 84 Old 07-10-2014, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hopeful, I am so sorry to hear those horrible news about Emery. It seems like an impossible challenge to stay calm and relaxed as to protect the other baby, while mourning this loss. Big hugs to you. Good, that you got the doppler to check on your little one. We used ours a lot, too. And such a relief that you're in the much safer trimester now.
Perhaps it helps to get sth. small, like a star bracelet or necklace, to honor the memory of baby A? My DW wears hers often and it has helped her heal a lot.

#78 of 84 Old 07-10-2014, 08:52 AM

Hopeful, I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you've gone through. I've always admired your attitude and know that your positive outlook will help you and your partner will get through this, but there is nothing easy about it. Thinking of you and your loss and sending lots of healthy wishes to baby b.

Isa - congrats! Hope you're all doing well.

Thinking of everyone else!

#79 of 84 Old 07-12-2014, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hopeful, I am so sorry. I hope things with baby b are smooth and easy, and that you are able to mourn Emery.

Things here are ok. I have had a headache for the past four days that could be nothing or could be postpartum preeclampsia. Which is stressing me out and not helping with the headache. The boys are doing well, though E got off to a slow start with nursing, so we are having to keep a close eye on his weight, but he's above where he started, so I think things are looking better.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#80 of 84 Old 07-25-2014, 08:03 AM

How is everyone doing? It has been so quiet on here lately!

I don't have much to report, except that things are just moving right along. My partner and I had a big party a couple weeks ago when the state converted our domestic partnership to a marriage and I pushed myself a little to hard have a hernia - tear in an abdominal muscle - so I've been trying to cultivate my ability to ask for help and not try to do everything myself. Having so many people visiting took it out of me, and I feel like I still haven't fully caught up on work or sleep from that.

In good news, I passed my glucose screening. I had somehow convinced myself that I wouldn't, so I almost didn't believe the midwife when she called and said the results came back fine. And we're starting a birthing class in a couple weeks, which I'm looking forward to.

In less good news, we have done nothing to get our house ready for a baby. I'm 28 weeks now and the panic is starting to set in...I'm hoping we can get on board with some projects in the next couple weeks. We're not doing a full-on nursery, and we're renters so we can't really modify our space, so we don't have to do too much except sort and get rid of a bunch of stuff and start gathering baby stuff. We have a couple friends who are giving us some things, so we need to pick them up, and I think the main things we need to get for ourselves are get some cloth diapers and a car-seat. Although I'm sure the list of things we need to get will get longer...

#81 of 84 Old 07-25-2014, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

We're still preggers and waiting for the little one to arrive. Unfortunately most signs point to him being late, says my doc. I am done with being so heavy in the current heat, it is really exhausting by now and there is so little room for him left in me.
So I feel I know what you're going through. The reason for your stress is a very good one, congrats on the marriage conversion. But I hope you get more rest soon. Don't feel bad about relying on others, it really becomes a neccessity at the end. How is your work situation, do you have some leave lined up?
Oh and the panic, you're talking about. I had those as well in my 7/8th month, I think some of it was hormonal. And some psychological, kind of like, I was glad to be in the somewhat safe zone where a preemie would be fine, so no more fear of prepping a room and loosing the baby, so my heart told me to get ready now, NOW! We made lists and appointed responsibilities for each task and set fixed dates for certain things like painting or room shopping. Just having that list, eased my mind. And by now it is mostly done
Have fun cloth diaper shopping, I loved getting those, because of the unending cuteness. Which type of cloth did you decide on? We've got a mix of 14 different AiOs / pockets and 12 prefolds / 3 fitteds with 3 covers and paid under 400 bucks all in all. Compared to plastic diapers, it's a bargain.
Now I need to stop getting more baby carriers, we just aquired another free woven wrap (Didymos) yesterday from a friend, which brings our babywearing collection up to 2 woven wraps (long and shorter), a sling, a Mei Tai and a structured carrier. We don't even know if the kid likes being carried, but especially my wife is so looking forward to doing it. I guess instead of crib training him, we have to carrier train

#82 of 84 Old 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

Hi all! It has been so quiet on this thread lately. Hopefully that is because everyone is busy taking care of themselves, their little ones and their little-ones-to-be, and also enjoying the summer!

In any case, I wanted to offer to start and August, September, October thread. Let me know if you think that would be useful (or if someone else has a burning desire to start the thread or has already started one, go for it)!

Thinking of all of you while I process lots of complex feelings as I approach the last 10 weeks or so of this pregnancy!

#83 of 84 Old 08-04-2014, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, it's awefully quiet. Same with the TTC thread. Where have all the queer parents gone?
I am sitting at home. Waiting. Being lazy and huge, which sucks, but can't be changed. Especially on days when it is hot. I wish I could do some sports, but all I manage is 2x Yoga and occasional 45min grandma-speed walks. And borh of those are interupted by at least one pee break.
I just got over a week-long nasty cold and even though we put DW in quarantaine in the nursery, she managed to catch it from me. So now my birth coach is sick. Babe must know that, because he (and my cervix) shows no signs of wanting to be born soon. I have CTG's every 2 days, am guzzling raspberry leaves tea, gulp down disgusting flax-seeds and have acupuncture. I guess I'll try the nipple tweaking trick by the end of the week. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

Thank you for opening the new thread!
Do you want to talk about what's on your mind during those last 10 weeks?

#84 of 84 Old 08-04-2014, 02:16 PM

Fried - so sorry you were sick and now your DW is - hope you're both feeling better soon and that things progress just as they should for you - excited to have another new baby on the thread!

Speaking of the thread, here is a new one for Aug-Oct:
Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting in August, September, and October

Come join us over there and let me know if there is any info that needs to be updated!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page