#1 of 19 Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Queer Conceptions June

Welcome to the June 2014 Thread

Let's make some Winter Babies!

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O
fillefantome

Waiting to Know.... Braving the 2WW
BabyFaith
NiseNise
jpg123&sandiegongp

Working on IUI
onemommyonemama
mkgarcia
heyfoureyes

Working on IVF
SanDiego78
lrex99

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be ready
jwaite05
MrsSelfridgeX2
JustAnotherJenny
PlaidFlannel
TTCinKS
osker
mamaetmaman
DarcySD
invitnconceptn
TaviPDX
Fmorris28
greenpants
bettertomarry
Kbfs
Lovestreet13
KWPX2
TineyDreams
Scorpioma
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
heart-n-bones
BByH1Pr

2014 Graduates!

May* Hopeful22
March* Pookafaye * Jam51212
February* Lea2012

2013 Graduates!

December* Twomommyfamily *Agrex
November * Prettyisa * Sevie * Friederike
October * redrockband
August * Lizbian * Beastie
May * Lovingisliving
March * Escher * Sotohana * Amt1015
February * Granite
January * Esenbee2 * LindseyW * Sphinxy

2012 Graduates!

December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .

Last edited by fillefantome; 06-18-2014 at 07:07 AM.
#2 of 19 Old 06-02-2014, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi Fille- Thanks again for taking on the threadkeeper position. Could you move me to the graduate list for May?

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited for the arrival of our baby girl, expected January 15th 2015.
Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.

#3 of 19 Old 06-02-2014, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hopeful- twins!!! That's awesome!
Fille- thanks for the new thread

Thanks for the kind words everyone. We are coming out of the darkness and starting to look ahead. DW is gonna sit out the next FET, which will probably happen in July. Things are crazy at work so it's better for us anyway.

Good luck to you all!
#4 of 19 Old 06-02-2014, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hopeful, thanks for the reminder to move you to graduates. I was going to ask, but got so discombulated by the new board format, that I didn't get back on after I started the thread. Anyone else who's in the wrong place, please let me know, and I'll get you shuffled!

AFM, I started Femara this month, but, despite my RE's thought that it might help, still never got a positive OPK (I've done both CBE digitals and internet cheapies, and they just never seem to get to positive), and missed my chance to insem for this month. I ended up O'ing on a day I couldn't have insemmed anyway, due to an all-day work retreat/meeting (including lunch with my co-workers), so it wasn't the end of the world. I O'ed on CD15, which is normal for me during unmedicated cycles, so I think I'm going to continue doing OPKs in case of an early O, but otherwise go back to having my KD ship for CD15/CD17 insems as I've been doing for the past few months. Hopefully, even if the Femara doesn't help me get pos OPKs, it will do its real job and strengthen egg quality/allow multiple ovulation! But, yeah, I'm going to move myself to taking a break, since my next chance to insem will be late June in the next cycle around.

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#5 of 19 Old 06-03-2014, 06:19 PM

4 days after our 5 day transfer. Sometimes I love it how I can imagine all kinds of symptoms at this stage. Fish for dinner tasted very fishy. Of course it could be fishy fish, but I prefer to think of it as a potential sign of pregnancy.
friederike and Abby&Stina like this.
#6 of 19 Old 06-04-2014, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hopeful: Congrats again on the twins. Do you know yet what the genders are?

Mama: I understand how hard it can be to move past the darkness. My only advice is to be gentle with yourself and DW and let yourselves have as much time as you need to grieve.

File: Enjoy the break. I hope you get your BFP next month.

SP: Everything seems like a symptom at this point doesn't it? But with IVF, it really could be. I hope you get a positive next week.

AFM: I lost a pound last week. 1 down, 14 to go. I have a serious question for you ladies. I might ought to post it on the infertility board. We're trying to decide whether to do AI at home, IUI at the doctor, or go to IVF. I have mild to moderate PCOS, plus the lack of a thyroid and hyperprolactemia. I have a good response to the medications and have gotten pregnant twice -once by AI at home and once by IUI at the doctor. Both ended in early miscarriages (6 weeks or less) and both were a couple of years ago.

I'm 31 now and feel like we don't have a lot of time to mess around, and it's going to be as long as 6 months before we get started again. I'm also concerned about IUIs again because I feel like we didn't get the time and attention we should have gotten at our clinic the last time around, and that two of our four IUIs were badly mistimed. I didn't know as much then as I do now, but I'm certain our first and last IUI had NO chance of pregnancy due to the timing.

Cost is an issue; we can afford to do several IUI cycles or one IVF with cryopreservation. My insurance will pay for all of the monitoring (bloodwork and U/S) and half the medications. It's just the procedures and sperm and half the medications we have to pay for. At home AI will cost about $500 a month, medicated IUI at the doctor's office will cost about $1350 a month, an IVF cycle is $7600 plus half the medications (which wouldn't be much because of my PCOS).

I'll also ask the RE when I go back to the clinic, but I'm hesitant because I'm not sure I trust their advice after last time.

Mother to one dd .
#7 of 19 Old 06-04-2014, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey RS, I also struggled with those questions last year. The way I see it, IUI has three times more chances of working than home insems with frozen (about 15% vs 4-5%), so you get more chances per buck by doing IUI.
IVF is usually about 2-3 as successful as IUI, but many times more expensive, unless you get a lot of frozen embryos and FET cycles at a lower price. I would suggest you include FET costs in your calculation and then see how high you chances for success are vs. the price of each procedure. In general with PCOS you should have lots of follicles.
If they pay for monitoring, might you be able to do an antral follicle count to determine how many follies approx. you would have with an IVF cycle? Say if you're able risk a bit overstimulation and get 15 - 12 follies and half of them fertilize (would ICSI cost extra?) you can get 3-4 rounds of transfers. And if the count suggests a low number of follis in that cycle it might make more sense to go for IUI, you know?
Also, in general, if you decide to try IUI and don't get pregnant after 4-6 tries, I would suggest changing the approach, since research shows that cumulative pregnancy rate don't improve much after 6 IUI.
Oh and 31 isn't really old for a first pregnancy. There's lots of people 35-40 here who were lucky.

#8 of 19 Old 06-04-2014, 02:52 PM

Freiderike, I'll look up what an antral count is, but I have a very good response to the drugs. We did 4 IUIs before; the first two I did oral medications only and had 4 follicles each cycle. The third IUI (the one in which I got pregnant) we did the lowest possible dose of injectables and got 8 and the fourth IUI we did a slightly higher dose and got 12. We triggered early on each of the latter cycles so only the largest 2 or 3 cycles had a chance of being fertilizable. My first and last IUI were badly mistimed, particularly the last one, so I'm hesitant to return to the same clinic.

I'm concerned about my age because I know eggs age faster in a lot of women who have PCOS. Thanks!

Mother to one dd .
#9 of 19 Old 06-04-2014, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My clinic thinks that with PCO patients egg quality isn't worse than others, in the contrary. Either way, there's meds and supplements available to boost eggs a bit. I've got premature ovarian failure (so kinda the opposite of what you've got, we only produced 3 eggs with the highest stim dose available) but we were able to get all 3 of them to a good quality with DHEA, CoQ10 and argenin and a fertility friendly diet. Heparin injections also potentially help since they increase blood flow to the ovaries. If the zona pellucida of your eggs is a concern, since that's often associated with 'old eggs', you could do assisted hatching.
Your doc might have some advice if any of this could work for you, too? I hope you find a good clinic that makes you feel comfortable. Trust is so important in this process.

#10 of 19 Old 06-07-2014, 03:45 PM

First IUI ever completed today after using letrozole for the first time. Ignoring the headaches, response to letrozole was very good. 2 follies were 17mm and 19mm on CD10 at time of trigger. Had the IUI with frozen sperm at 22 hours after trigger -- hopefully this wasn't too early. Have others had success with such an early IUI after trigger using frozen sperm?

Getting ready to cope with the 2WW....

Baby dust to all!
pokeyac, rs11 and Abby&Stina like this.
#11 of 19 Old 06-13-2014, 06:49 AM

BF: There's a good-sized window, so you're probably 'in the zone.' Good luck and baby dust to you!

Frederike: Thanks! How are your baby preps going?

AFM: I took your suggestion, Frederike, and started taking CoQ10. I also stumbled on a new book entitled It Starts with the Egg, written by a scientist on fertility and supplements/diets that have been scientifically shown to help. It's the only fertility book I've ever read that's valuable.

I have an appointment at a clinic next for an evaluation to find out where we are. I'm going to do the HSG and all the testing before we decide what we're doing. I told DW that I would like to save for IVF if that's what we need and she's not totally into it. She said she would rather save for adoption instead because it has the 'guarantee' of eventually getting another baby. I told her I would rather T be an only child than deal with going through the adoption process again. It was that horrid. I could write a book. So, we'll have to talk through that.
pokeyac likes this.

Mother to one dd .
#12 of 19 Old 06-22-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs11 View Post
BF: There's a good-sized window, so you're probably 'in the zone.' Good luck and baby dust to you!

Frederike: Thanks! How are your baby preps going?

AFM: I took your suggestion, Frederike, and started taking CoQ10. I also stumbled on a new book entitled It Starts with the Egg, written by a scientist on fertility and supplements/diets that have been scientifically shown to help. It's the only fertility book I've ever read that's valuable.

I have an appointment at a clinic next for an evaluation to find out where we are. I'm going to do the HSG and all the testing before we decide what we're doing. I told DW that I would like to save for IVF if that's what we need and she's not totally into it. She said she would rather save for adoption instead because it has the 'guarantee' of eventually getting another baby. I told her I would rather T be an only child than deal with going through the adoption process again. It was that horrid. I could write a book. So, we'll have to talk through that.
RS: Thanks for the encouragement. Sadly, I tested today at 15dpiui and it was a BFN -- very discouraging. All the meds over the past month have taken a toll and I am not looking forward to repeating another cycle. Wishing you all the best while you sort things out. Wow, I didn't realize how hard the adoption process was.
#13 of 19 Old 06-24-2014, 12:05 PM

BF: I'm sorry about the BFN. Good luck with your next cycle!

AFM: My hsg showed a blocked tube, so I have to have a lap done in a few weeks. Yay surgery!
It looks like there's a good chance we may be headed to IVF.

Mother to one dd .
#14 of 19 Old 06-26-2014, 06:15 PM

Sending some love to all of you. I'm sad for your BFN, babyfaith.
rs11- IVF is more expensive, but your chances of success are significantly better because many obstacles are eliminated (e.g. Unpredictable timing, chance meeting of egg and spermatozoa, sheer number of eggs, etc).
pook- are you planning to insem soon? Good luck!
#15 of 19 Old 06-27-2014, 04:34 PM

Hello Ladies!!

Just dropping in to say hello and wish everyone happy baby making

Mama, how are you both holding up? Any plans to try again with you? How's your DW doing?

RS, hi there! I am new to you, but read that you are trying to sort some of the logistics out. Best wishes to you and hopeful that you'll have a safe and easy procedure.

Babyfaith, sorry to hear about the bfn last cycle. Sending positive thoughts to you.

Fille, how are you doing with the femera? Hopefully no side effects?!!

afm, my body is finally healing itself and I am feeling back to myself again. DW is beginning to track her cycle, take vitamins and get in 'healthy' mode. I admire her enthusiasm as we move onto her trying, because she really doesn't have a regular cycle. Anyone else have a sporadic cycle? What did you/have you done to regulate it?

Baby dust to ALL!!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#16 of 19 Old 06-27-2014, 04:37 PM

Splashing, I am sorry that I forgot to say hello to you and ask how your tww is going?

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#17 of 19 Old 06-28-2014, 10:44 PM

Thanks rs, jwaite & mama for the thoughts and support. Gearing up for round two, hopefully later this week.

Rs: Sorry to hear about the blockage. I hope the HSG wasn't too painful.

Jwaite: My cycle is very sporadic too. Decided to start meds to regulate it because my clock is ticking very loudly. Femara has helped to regulate it and make iui timing much less frustrating.

Sending y'all good vibes and baby dust!
#18 of 19 Old 06-30-2014, 12:34 PM

jwaite -my cycle is also irregular, but the meds make it tick like a clock!

splashing -any news?

babyfaith -good luck this cycle!

AFM: The hsg was a bit painful, but I got through it, and got my first visit from AF in nearly a year a week later. We're leaving on vacation tomorrow morning (surf and sun, here I come!) and my lap has been scheduled for the end of the month. We'll know more after that.

Mother to one dd .
#19 of 19 Old 07-08-2014, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi y'all! July is upon us and it looks like we need a new thread. If no one feels called to be threadkeeper, I can start the new one. If I don't hear from anyone soon, I will start it.
Thanks,
Pokey

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page