Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 07-08-2014, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to the group!

Hi all :-)

I'm 37 years young and in the beginning stages of becoming a single mother by choice. I was wondering if there is anyone else in the group that fits that description or has already made that journey?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
to Mothering and Queer Parenting soulfulbeauty! How exciting! I don't know if there are any single moms by choice currently active here but we have a great group of folks in the Queer Conceptions thread who are trying to conceive. I recommend joining in there for support and advice. It was very helpful to me. What part of the world are you in?
Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm on the east coast. Maryland to be exact
Old 07-08-2014, 12:37 PM

Hi Soulful! I've graduated from the TTC board - but it was a wonderful support when I was on the journey. I know of at least one other single parent who is trying and is active on the board, (edited) FilleFantome. I think that Pokey will be starting a July board soon since no one else has stepped up to moderate it. Once it's up you should introduce yourself Hopefully I'll be seeing your shortly on the Queer Pregnant and Parenting board too

Last edited by pookafaye; 07-11-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you pookafaye. . Forgive me but I'm really new to all of this. What's the TTS board?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
TTC - Trying to conceive

I know that there were quite a few single moms by choice in the single parenting forum but not sure how active everyone is now. There are tons of great areas to play in around here and lots of amazing women with great advice. Good luck with your baby goals and welcome to Mothering!!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 07-09-2014, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey, I haven't been very active on the TTC threads recently, but I'm currently TTC as a queer single mother by choice, and would love to have you join us on the July thread!

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
Old 07-10-2014, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Here's the July thread for Queer Conceptions.

Queer Conceptions - July 2014

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi ladies

Well I am a straight, hoping to be single mama by choice. I have been lurking the lesbian ttc boards since I was in the thinking stage as I find it applies more to my health and ttc strategy. I don't have fertility issues (that I know of) and had never tried naturally (practice only).

I had never met a guy that I dated (or even married) that I wanted to share a child with and so I never even pondered the chance of having a kiddo. One day it just popped in my head, why haven't I? I am great with kids, I am a full-time worker but quite the little homemaker when I am home, and I want to make my own little family.

I am now 38, started trying a few months after my 37th bday. I have lesbian midwives that have made me feel so safe and supported in my journey (wow, tearing up) and I love them and am so appreciative of them. I had my male gyn make me feel so crappy after I had been so joyful in my decision, will never go back to a male doctor again.

I am doing at home IUIs with frozen donor sperm. We (my midwives and I) were in practice mode for my first IUI, got me pregnant on my second IUI (was so happy) which unfortunately ended at 5.5 weeks.

Total, including the miscarriage, I've done 7 tries at Iui, all unmedicated. I took a break to relax and do some hormone tests. My results were fantastic and i just got home from a weekend in San Diego.

It has been a bit stressful sharing updates w friends, they ask how its going, only to follow up with, stop stressing and don't think about it. That has been more frustrating than the negative tests!

So, hoping I can share with all of you instead. I will be trying again this coming week and have 3 vials of my current donor (donor has a reported 1 live birth, 1 current pregnancy and my early miscarriage, so the suckers are good)! Hoping for good news this time around. And I am a book writer! Hah, sorry!

Last edited by angeebaby; 07-24-2014 at 11:38 AM.

User Tag List