May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez​

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel​

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa​

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511​

See less See more
#2 ·
Easttowest - hmm... maybe I am only spotting? It is so light, I'm even taking tp into the sunlight to determine whether there is color! As bad as me and pregnancy tests! Well worse!

I feel crampy unless I lay down. I'm at work, I have an easy desk job so its not really a bother to be here. I just keep thinking of that ultrasound, add in the spotting, has me giving up already.

I will keep you guys updated, but for now, no blood that I was expecting this morning.

#3 ·
Any news angee? I hope no news is good news.

We'll be inseminating tomorrow if all goes well. KD shipped today. Hoping for a positive OPK in the morning, although they've been quite faint this week. We'll see. Hoping for two good tries this time, but if tomorrow is our only try, it should at least be a decent one. Today is CD 16, and she's generally been ovulating day 17 or 18, so at least it's not a shot in the dark, even with weird OPKs.

#4 ·
Angeebaby: I hope hope hope everything is okay - let us know when you can..

Easttowest: Goodluck with your upcoming insem, I hope the timing works out for you :)

So I've been pretty upset because I didn't ovulate until yesterday according to my temperature spike this morning. My IUI was Sunday, the day of my surge, and I guess I didn't end up ovulating until two days later. UGHH so frustrating, what a waste. My wife is a perma-optimist and thinks that the timing is fine and that everything is fine but I'm an 80% realist/20% pessimist and feel that this whole month is just... done. Luckily it is the first week of teaching and so I'm extremely busy and distracted. I guess we will find out for sure in a couple weeks and then start planning again.

#5 · (Edited)
I'm going to go ahead and move myself to the TWW even though I don't think my wife has ovulated yet since we've now done the one insemination we're going to do. Got a strong positive OPK yesterday morning and then another strong positive this morning, so she'll most likely ovulate this evening, overnight, or tomorrow. Inseminated yesterday morning. Wish we had another try this morning, but it didn't work out with KD. But since fresh sperm can live 3-5 days, we may be ok. I'm trying not to feel disheartened, but for some reason I don't have a good feeling about this try. We'll see, though! Even though it's not logical at all, I sort of believe that how you feel about everything makes a difference, so I'm doing my best to be positive and optimistic.

Test day around the 15th - and lots to do before then, so hopefully we'll be kept busy and distracted.

How is everyone else? I'm worried about angee.

Dani - I hope you're wrong about the ovulation date and still have a shot. The timing of everything is the most stressful part of this! Especially when you have holiday weekends bumping up against when you want to try. Good luck! And have a good first few weeks of teaching!

#6 ·
fille - any news on your tww? I hope your bfp is on its way!

dani2015 - it is soooo hard to figure out when the egg is coming. I don't even temp because it would just be another thing to drive myself crazy with. Inseminating early isn't bad, you really don't know when ovulation really happens (temping has so many variables of its own). I had months (I know you're not trying to go plural there!!) where I tried earlier and later, and it seems for me, I have gotten my positives if I inseminate just before the 24 hr mark, like.. hour 22 ish. But if I do 6 or 12 hours later, I don't get a fertilization. So, for me, I kind of wonder if I am ovulating maybe 12-18 hours after my opk goes positive. So much to calculate!

easttowest - I think the fresh sperm makes a MAJOR difference! I wish I had some willing that I could trust, I would pick that route. I think you're very much still in the game!

afm.... well.. I DIDN'T want to be right, and I actually thought yesterday that I might have a shot at being wrong, but it was not the case. Spotting started again, more brown and "dirty" rather than perfectly clear like earlier in the week. I put on a pad last night and as I got up this morning I had bad period cramps. Went to the bathroom and sure enough, pure blood and clotty. Oh well. I am glad I got to see the ultrasound. Sorry to have seemed like a downer all week, but I think I would have been utterly shocked had I not seen that first. So based on the ultrasound and that I am miscarrying exactly one week later, seems like a blighted ovum really was the diagnosis. I knew they could hang around for a while before your body got the memo. So officially I am 7w3d, but I think that ultrasound measuring me at 5w is the date to go by.

It makes it hard today for me because it is my dad's bday. He has passed away over 10 years ago. He would have been 92 (seriously, this family is late to get on the baby bandwagon)!! It is funny though, cuz this week I was envisioning telling him about my insemination and BFP and baby if he were around, and you know.. he would have been ECSTATIC that I didn't have sex with a man!! I mean seriously, what father wants to envision that anyhow!! I love my pop, wish he were here. I will go through some pictures and remember him today. If he were here, he would be making me soup and fixing my blankets. :crying:

I wish you all so much good luck!! I am thinking about you and hoping we all get bfp's asap!! I will still track my ovulation this month, but wait for next month's so my hormones can get back where they need to be before I try again. But I will be back in the game asap. I think I am going to have my neighbor be here so my midwife can show her how the process is done. Sometimes the midwife can't accommodate my anal retentive scheduling! Can someone move me to waiting to ovulate?

I am going to spend the day watching battlestar gallactica.

#7 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss, angee, and for the loss of your father 10 years ago. Practice self-care and have a healing day. Hope we'll see you back in the game very soon.

#8 ·
Thank you easttowest :stillheart

I am doing better now than this morning. Just had to process all those feelings and miss my pop for a little while. Well, I always miss him.

Its a little funny, I am on a netflix binge of battelstar gallactica. You should have heard me earlier. One of the cylons (robots engineered to resemble human form) managed to get PREGNANT.. you should have heard me. I was like SERIOUSLY a CYLON can get PREGNANT!?! Ridiculous I know. A friend keeps reminding me its pretend, and I'm like.. Yea.. a pretend human ROBOT even gets a pregnancy written in!

Someone in a different forum just pointed me towards an interesting topic, about overly fertile women having multiple miscarriages. I never heard of it and thought it was pretty fascinating. I don't know that it applies to me, but I FEEL very fertile and all my tests keep indicating so.

Here they are: http://www.livescience.com/22706-super-fertility-recurrent-miscarriages.html
and here: http://www.mommyish.com/2013/01/13/scientists-discover-recurrent-miscarriage-cause/

Hopefully I have a good egg coming up in my near future. :baby

#9 ·
That's interesting, angee! My wife's mother had multiple miscarriages but also got pregnant again when my wife was 3 months old (siblings less than a year apart) - so clearly fertile! Interesting to think there may be a connection. At least you know you can get pregnant, hopefully that provides the hope that one of these days one WILL stick, and that's the one that's meant to be (sorry if that language is not helpful to you). We're all rooting for you. :)

#10 ·
easttowest - Hmmmm!!! Interesting about MIL..... you know.. I don't know why I didn't think of my own mom. She had 4 of us, but had a miscarriage in between each one of us (within months of having each of us). And we were all just a year apart! That is a baby freaking factory. Of course she was much younger (25 when she started w me, I am the oldest). But even at 25, I would think between breastfeeding and your body needing to reset, you shouldn't be popping them out that easily.

At first I thought the article was just interesting... but now I am doing a replay (of course I have no way of knowing for sure whether this is the case or not). But I have tried 8 cycles with IUI. 3 of them were absolutely bad timing (ovulation came early before my shipment arrived or midwife was unavailable at the time I needed). That leaves 5 good cycles. I got pregnant on 3! That is higher than the 25% success rate (for someone under 30 mind you). I should be in the 10% success rate given my age (38).

Ok, that had me googling earlier about poor egg quality, especially in over 35'ers. I am going to go back on coq10 and start DHEA. Its worth a shot. I mean, I am getting pregnant, but they are miscarrying. Worse case it does nothing. If I notice any negative effects on my ovulation date or leutal phase, I will cut the DHEA out. I have taken the coq10 before though, didn't notice any adverse effects. I have 6 weeks before I try again, hopefully that is enough time to make a positive impact on my ovaries.

Feeling good and looking forward to my next try! I am going to work on keeping that insemination at or just before 24 hrs too, that seems to have a positive impact for me. I am such an overplanner. Can you tell? :lol

#12 ·
friederike - I did all my labs about 2 months ago, everything looks good:

Progesterone, day 21: 15.1
Estradiol, day 3: 53.9
Fsh, day 3: 5.1
LH, day 3: 6.1
TSH: 1.49

I am doing unmedicated IUIs, am going to add a couple supplements, but all in all, I will take this as a sign that I have eggs and the baby oven is really trying to bake for me. Hopefully it gets one right!

Thank you for your positive thoughts. I am feeling a lot better today, and it is gorgeous out, which always helps.

#14 ·
angeebaby, I've been thinking of you, and wishing you peace and answers (and a baby!) Interesting about the idea that there's a link between being very fertile and having misscarriages. I hope the DHEA helps, and all the factors align next time around.

I'm at 12 DPO today, and probably gave myself a little bit of an uncalled for bit of hope this morning. I POAS this morning (FMU), and didn't see anything after 3 minutes or so, so I hopped in the shower. When I got out of the shower 15 minutes later and looked again, there was maybe, possibly, the absolute faintest line. Except, it's like an optical illusion--at one angle, I think I see something, and then the next, I can't see anything except white, and then I go back to the first angle, and don't see anything. So, yeah, nope, still a BFP. Wait, maybe something at this angle? Yeah, I think maybe. Anyway, it's past the 10 min deadline, so even if I did see something, which I likely didn't, it was probably an evap line, or even just the slight indentation in the stick. But, I can't help feeling hopeful. So, we'll see what tomorrow morning brings....

#15 ·
Fille!! Your self-control is amazing, I can't believe you didn't try another one right away. I'll be crossing my fingers for you, and I have a feeling this is it! Also feel free to post a picture of the line/not a line so we can help convince you it's a line. :)

#16 ·
It wasn't so much self-control as being sure that if it was that faint with FMU, it wouldn't show at all if I tried again with more diluted urine. I did cave and test again when I got home from work, and I think, I think that it's positive. Still very, very faint, so much so that it still might be a trick of the light, but it showed up before the 10 min mark, so I'm cautiously optimistic that it's not my imagination.

I tried taking a couple of pictures, but I can't see anything on them. I've attached one for your viewing pleasure anyway (this morning is on the top, and tonight is on the bottom). I'm not telling anyone IRL until I'm sure I have a BFP, so I'd love to have someone else fruitlessly squinting at a white on white background with me.

Attachments

#17 ·
in the 2WW and new to forum (and online support in general)

Hi y'all,
Just joining this group cuz I'm feeling the need for some extra support... my wife and I live in NC and have been TTC at home and with a fertility doc for about 2 yrs. Started with IVI, then learned to do IUIs at home, have done a few in their office too (way less fun!). I've tried Clomid for 4 cycles, and am now 9 DPO on my first cycle with Femara. So long as we are in NC, IVF is not going to be super realistic for us... too $$$ and insurance doesn't cover a lick of it.
Fille, I totally hear you on the early preg tests/evaporation line!!! I do the smae thing most months starting around 12 DPO... can't resist.
Excited to get to know y'all :smile:

#19 ·
Ugh. My two tests this morning (one when I woke up at 5am, and one around 8am when I was actually starting my day) were both either totally clear, or so faint that I never would've spent any time tilting them back and forth to try and see something if I wasn't thinking I should be seeing something. So, yesterday evening's test is still the only one that showed what I think was an actual, within the time limit, super faint line. Maybe. Which seems weird since they should be getting darker not lighter, if I didn't imagine yesterday. (I know there's not necessarily a consistent darkening over time, but I'm assuming they should get dark enough to be a definite positive rather than a squinter as hCG levels rise.) After all, this morning's tests were a day later and using FMU. This all may just have been one fluke-y test and a lot of wishful thinking. Or maybe, a valiant effort to implant (as I think of CPs)? I'll likely keep testing as long as I have tests (and will definitely keep you all updated), but I may be waiting on the start of my period. The Femara is messing with my LP length, but my period's due this weekend (Monday at the latest), so there should be an answer one way or another by Monday.

#21 ·
Fille - exciting! Ok, ok, so its still early, but.. I think you need to wait 10 minutes for the test results. Maybe not 30 minutes, but the 3-5 minutes they recommend have never worked for my super early faint bfps. Not until I am 14++ dpo. I have my fingers crossed!

Afm-the bad times are over. Still just sore in my lower ab area, but everything else is done. Started the supplements and am aiming for 5 weeks from now for my next iui! Come on little egg!

#22 ·
Thanks pokeyac, I'm glad I found you guys too! I've had a been in it these past 2 years with my dearest oldest childhood friend (in a hetero relationship but also having fertility issues), and she just found out she was pregnant this past weekend! So excited and keeping my fingers crossed for her and her hubby, but realizing that I might have to look elsewhere for extra support now too... my wife is wonderful of course, but I've definitely been experiencing the whole process a little more intensely than her.
Today is 10 DPO, feeling preeeeetttty normal, but will prob try a preg test on Friday... cuz I can't resist!
Thinking of you fille!

#23 ·
mamasinNC, I forgot to actually welcome you, in my confused/self-absorbed HPT haze. So, welcome to the group, and may your stay here be short! (My fingers are crossed for a (clear, definitive) BFP when you test, on Friday, or whenever you cave.) While things have been pretty quiet recently, I definitely rely on this group for support on the TTC front. I'm doing this on my own, and there's no one in my real life who wants to hear about how Femara has changed my LP, or obsess about the difference (or lack thereof) between PMS and pregnancy symptoms. And I have to laugh at the idea of showing my "possibly positive" HPTs to anyone who hasn't been through this process--I guarantee they would take one look and say "what do you mean, you see a line? It's white, just white. Get a grip."

AFM, yesterday evening tests (yes, 2) were back to "I can maybe wishful-thinking see a line, but really nothing." And then this morning, CD14, another very faint maybe positive--but definitely something, pretty equivalent to Tuesday night, and I could see it by 8-10 min. I'm still thinking it should be darker two days later, but I'm cautiously hopeful.

Then, of course, I decided to try the one digital test I have (Clearblue), thinking, well, maybe this batch of cheapie internet strips (wondfos) has really light ink, and I'm torturing myself for no reason, when the digital will give me a thumbs up or thumbs down. So, that was a bad idea. It said "not pregnant," but I looked up the sensitivity and it may only be sensitive to 50mIU--the wondfos are sensitive to 25miu, and since they're not a +/-, may actually detect below that.

I'm not willing to say I'm pregnant until I see something that I don't still half-think is an evap line. I'm down to 1 more test, so I activated the power of Amazon prime, and will have a new batch of wondfos tomorrow in the mail, so I can keep up my "early and often" testing philosophy. I am fairly hopeful that I just had a late implantation, or a slow rising HcG, for whatever reason. Of course, after getting my hopes up like this, I'm worried about how crushed I'll be if my period does arrive on schedule, but I'm trying to live in the moment. Also, part of me is wondering if there's any link between these incredibly faint maybes and the fact that I've never been able to get a positive OPK? (They don't stay blank, but usually never got as dark as the control line or scored me a smiley on the digitals.) I know they're related molecules. Maybe I just don't put them out in large quantities, or they don't transfer well into my urine? Then again, maybe I'm overthinking this like a crazy person!

#24 ·
Yay fille! At least you know that whatever happens, you are pregnant right now. If it helps, it seems like you have a very long LP. My wife's is usually 11 or 12 days, and it sounds like yours is more like 17? So your test on 14 dpo would be like my wife's test on 8 dpo, which I promise you would look like nothing. Give it a few more days to get darker but allow yourself to be excited and happy now! I'm excited for you.

Welcome mamas! I'll add you to the TWW up top. I hope you get good news very soon.

6 dpo here. I'm still feeling like this was not the one, for whatever reason. I guess we'll find out in a few days!

#25 ·
Fille - the wondfos showed up super light for me, even a week after bfp, but I did get a super faint line. Staring at the crazy white ones isn't a waste, you'll be able to see the difference when it happens! I've read that wondfos can pick up even below 10 IUs of hcg.

Easttowest - you can't give up hope yet! Still super early! How long is your leutal phase typically?

I was just googling, and I kinda wonder if I shouldn't try an ici with an iui next month. I hate to waste money if it doesn't make a difference, but my concern w some months is the iui was too late. Now my hunch is I'm ovulating closer to my +opk since I got bfps on the cycles where iuis were at 22ish-24 hrs.

So from what I was reading, its a small difference, only 5%, but its still a jump with ici followed by iui rather than any of them solo. The two ici or iuis had an even lower increase. Its not something I can afford every month, but I sort of want to try it next month for the hell of it. That could allow me to aim for one ici just before 12 hrs post positive opk.

Thinking, thinking. Gotta order more opk and bfp tests!

#26 ·
Easttowest - just reread and saw the leutal phase info for your wife! Missed it on the first read.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.