Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting in November, December and January - Mothering Forums

36Likes

#1 of 95 Old 11-03-2014, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting in November, December and January

Welcome Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting folks!

If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

Pregnant - Due Dates

March
onemommyonemama EDD 3/30/15

June
Lovestreet13 EDD 6/24/15

September
DarcySD EDD 9/9/15
painefaria EDD 9/13/15

October
MamasinNC EDD 10/5/15

Graduates
hopeful22, Ellis Lynn, born 1/27/15
judesmom, Jude Nathaniel, born 1/15/15
jam51212, boy, born 11/26/14
lea2012, girl, born 10/18/14
lblueridgemama, Micah & Caroline 9/17
agrex, Matilda Jayne 9/16/14
Friederike, Nils 8/11/14
Prettyisa, Everett Marion & Theodore Lewis 6/30/14
Redrock, Matthijs Orion 6/19/14
Lizbian, Noah born 4/12/14
BreadandCoffee, girl born 2/22/14
Gamitzer, Benjamin born 2/17/14
Sotohana, Olivia born 11/16/2013
Baby.fatty, Freddie born 11/30/2013
Escher, girl, born 11/25/2013
AMT1015, Emmitt, born 11/18/2013
Granite, boy, born 11/14//2013
Sphinxy, boy, born 10/10/2013
MrsandMrs & Bigfoot, twin boys (O & M), born 8/13/13
Esenbee, twin boys, born 8/11/13
Carmen358, London, born 7/26/13
Outdoorsy, baby boy, born 7/3/13
erinTNgirl, Saxon Nash, born 6/28/13
Tourneymama, Anakin, born 6/27/13
PokeyAC, Charlie, born 6/26/13
CocoBird, Amadora Charlotte, born 6/21/13
MaxK, Aiden, born 6/18/13
easttowest, Nathaniel, born 6/18/13
Cordelia15, baby girl, born 6/11/13
wishin'&hopin', baby boy, born 5/12/13
SplashingPuddle, baby girl, born 5/2/13
KnittingTigers, Theron River & Jane Sofia, born 4/27/13
lisedea, Sawyer, Elliott, & Miles, born 3/24/13
Cananny, August, Gage & Finn, born 2/24/13

KateAdele, baby girl, born 12/12
Nosreves, Elio Sol, 12/5/12 - 12/6/12
MidwifeStephPDX, Lucie Rain, born 10/25/12
Planet, Wylie Blue, born 9/9/12
DesertSunsets, Everleigh Jane, born 9/1/12
dandylez, Adair Seamus, born 6/28/12
KSDoulaMama, surro-babe, born 6/27/12
SwtRainbowBrite, Riley Sophia, born 6/25/12
PleasantlyFurious, Zoe Aurora, born 6/22/12
SmilingSara & Seraf, Soren Dare, born 5/2/12
PrettyIsa, Edith Josephine, born 4/18/12
Ad Astra, boy/girl twins, born 4/11/12
Onemommyonemama, Sage S., born 3/21/12
Qmama42, baby girl, born 1/18/12
Indigo, baby girl A, born 1/8/12

CrystalPerez, Cohen Anthony, born 12/12/11
glassesgirlnj, Annamaria Sigyn Estelle, born 11/28/11
Mami2mami, Layla Janae, born 11/22/11
DAWNMP1, Raya Sylvan, born 11/10/11
2ezforyou, Jagger Stone, born 11/2/11
Seraf & SmilingSara, Shay Brock, born 11/1/11
Escher, baby boy, born 10/24/11
Julietea, Rowan Kathryn, born 10/16/11
Starling&Diesel, Hawksley Solace, born 10/2/11
AmyPDX, Alexander Cole, born 8/7/11
AmandaHope, Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11
Pigirl, baby boy, born 7/22/11
Mizyellow, Harrison, born 7/20/11
Painefaria, Keegan, born 5/23/11
Cejae, Emmerson & Parker, born 5/22/11
Imogenlily, Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11
2HappyMamas, baby, born 4/16/11
Bttrflygypsy, Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11
LibraryLady, Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11
Wehrli & jenmostoften, Silas Scott, born 4/4/11
Gumshoegirl007, Addison Alexis Réal, born 3/24/11
Beastie, Esther, born 3/13/11
Burg, Reed Kylie, born 2/05/11
Korey, baby girl T, born 1/30/11
Coco99, Chloe & Charlie, born 1/30/11
Abeecharmer, twin girls, born 1/10/11

Recovering from Losses, Held in Our Hearts

NZmumof2
TineyDreams
nosreves
Kgulbransen
Fivegrandbaby
Sandiegongp
pokeyac likes this.

Our
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
family: mommy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and DW mama
our 5 yr old DD 'Z'
and 2.5 yr old DD 'S'
and waiting for
(March 2015)

Last edited by onemommyonemama; 02-24-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 95 Old 11-03-2014, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Thanks for the shiny new thread OMOM! How are you doing? All is well here. C is 16 months and talking up a storm. Can't really understand him but it's fun. He's communicating in all sorts of ways and we just have to figure things out.

Married to a wonderful woman
since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our
#3 of 95 Old 11-04-2014, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Pokey yeah for talking! do you ever record him? I wish I had more recordings of the progression of learning to talk. I find it so amazing

I'm well. Almost 20 weeks, and we have our ultrasound next week! I feel the baby moving each day now. My wife hasn't felt them move yet, which is odd because we both felt our other babes before 16 weeks or so. Its mainly because we are so much busier now, when we do sit down to feel for movements, it is just not the right time for babe and soon we are whisked away by siblings needing care.

Our
and DW mama
our 5 yr old DD 'Z'
and 2.5 yr old DD 'S'
and waiting for
(March 2015)

#4 of 95 Old 11-04-2014, 09:21 AM

It's tricky to record him. When we pull out a phone he wants to look at it and play with it, and he stops doing whatever cute thing he was doing. I will have to try turning on the voice recorder and see if he doesn't notice.
I hope all goes well at the ultrasound and your wife can feel baby move soon! They will probably be kicking her soon enough.

Check out our
#5 of 95 Old 11-07-2014, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hello again! I really fell off the face of the earth there for a bit. We'll see if I'm back now, I guess.

How are you all doing?

OMOM--I think my wife felt the boys once or twice before I got really huge, but nothing like with my daughter. Exciting that you're feeling the movement, though!

Pokey--so fun! I love the early talking stuff, even when it's hard to understand! And I find that cameras are the ultimate distraction--everyone just totally stops whatever cute thing they're doing to stare at the lens instead of whatever it was I got the camera out to record.

Things are going ok here. The boys are getting bigger and cuter every day. E is more thoughtful and likes to take everything in, while T is our smiley guy. It's funny how different they are. E talks and talks, T prefers to make burbling noises. Both have discovered their hands and mouths and now really like to grab things and chomp on them. If they slept better we'd all be happier, but it seems to change every night. They're both measuring pretty large (14 1/2 and 15 1/2lbs) and already in 6 month clothes. My daughter is definitely a toddler, so she swings wildly from being the most precocious and wonderful little friend in the world to being a whining machine! She's really her own person, though--DP and I were joking yesterday that we basically serve as her assisted living coordinators. DD said she needed to call our family friend, so DP called, let DD leave a message saying that friend needed to come and cuddle her, and then friend called back to make arrangements to do just that. It's like the only thing standing in the way of her social life is her inability (and lack of permission) to use the phone. We are also trying to negotiate a cross-country move in the next year or so, which means me figuring out what career I'd like to change into, since mine doesn't translate well where we're headed. So that's been stressful.
I miss you all, though, and will try to start showing up more often!
pokeyac likes this.

She's here!

And so are the boys!
#6 of 95 Old 11-07-2014, 01:39 PM

They sound like a lot of fun isa! DD is quite the social butterfly and isn't afraid to ask for what she needs. Where are you thinking of moving?

Check out our
#7 of 95 Old 11-10-2014, 08:16 AM

They are, Pokey. Especially now that the boys are noticing each other more. This morning they were fighting (well, sort of) over an octopus toy and it was just adorable. I can't wait for all three of them to be able to play together!

We're moving to southwest Florida--where there are apparently gay people but they are not on the internet, or something. DP's family is all down there, as are my grandparents, and it just seems like the thing to do for her career and our family life. I'm a little nervous about finding community, but we have done a good job of sourcing some cool people who also have kids, so I think that it'll be fine, once we get settled in.

She's here!

And so are the boys!
#8 of 95 Old 11-10-2014, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone

Isa - that sounds warm Chicago to Florida... I hope community is easily found. When do you think you will move?

My wife and eldest daughter felt the baby kick last night! So great My eldest's eyes got so wide - she was really excited. Our ultrasound is Wednesday and I'm excited
pokeyac likes this.

Our
and DW mama
our 5 yr old DD 'Z'
and 2.5 yr old DD 'S'
and waiting for
(March 2015)

#9 of 95 Old 11-11-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone! Glad to see all is doing well! I can't believe how few of us pregnant ones there are left!

Isa - good luck with the process of moving! Sounds like you guys are doing your homework but a move is always challenging!

As for me, I can't believe we are due in 8 short days! Crazy! I am currently dilated to 3cm and just waiting on the contractions. I am still very much comfortable but getting anxious and excited to meet our LO! My planned last day of work is Friday so I am also looking forward to starting my leave and possibly relaxing for a few days before the big day! Most of you know my little sister was due just 7 days before me which would have been tomorrow. Well she actually got induced and my little nephew was born on 10/30! this is probably another reason for my anxiousness!
#10 of 95 Old 11-12-2014, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey folks. Good to hear that everyone is doing so well.
Jam, enjoy those last few days and then happy easy safe birthing! Cant believe your pregnancy is already gone by, time flies. How long will you stay home with your babe?
Isa, how cute, fighting over octopusses *smile*. Moving with three kids sounds nightmarish but living in Florida with family close by is great.
OMOM, how cool that they were able to feel kicks. Makes it so much more real. How much do you involve your eldest in baby prep? I know some families where they let them choose nursery designs or even naming decisions.
Pook, I love that age and am looking forward to that. As much as I am enjoying my little boy right now, I am very much a 1-3 years old person.

Afm, the little Viking turned 3 months yesterday. He weighs a bit over 16lbs and can sometimes turn over, usually when naked on the changing table. I had to add a higher plastic guard to that one to eliminate any chances of him rolling off. We picked our baby jogger/bike trailer (a fancy Thule Chariot Cougar) up yesterday, so I can start working out again soon. I hope he tolerates sitting in there, usually we're hardcore babywearers.
Oh, and we're going on our first family trip this week to Berlin. We'll visit the fertility clinic where he started his life to take a picture and then just let ourselves go with the flow and discover the city. And our hotel includes a spa, so that's where I'll spend my evenings after his bedtime.
#11 of 95 Old 11-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the kind words Freid! I am very excited and anxious as I sit here on my due date still pregnant Our little guy is still very high so the doctor isn't optimistic that he is going to join us on his own, which of course is the hope! They did schedule an induction for next Wednesday so it's looks like we will be having a thanksgiving baby As far as leave goes, I am planning on taking the full 12 weeks but we are also leaning toward me not returning and staying home with our lo, which I am super happy about. He's not even here yet and the thought of leaving him every day is heartbreaking! I can't believe your lo is already 3mos old! time really does fly by! I hope you enjoy your trip!

My amazing wife (30) and I (28) TTC our second child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm

Our Brown Eyed Boy Arrived 11/26/2014
#12 of 95 Old 11-19-2014, 12:51 PM

Hi everyone. I'm Agrex's wife. I've been stalking in the background for a while. I just wanted to follow up since all of your stories have been there to help us through the past year.

Matilda Jayne was born 16 September at 0130 and weighed 7 lbs-6 oz.

Here's the story leading up to her arrival and now:

Thursday, 11 September, I had my 40 week check-up at 40+3. I was 3cm dilated and about 80% effaced. They did a membrane sweep and then we went to the mall and walked around for 3 hours to try and help things along. Saturday my plug came out. Sunday we went to a Ren Fest and walked for hours...still no baby! We tried every wives tale in the book and this little girl was not coming out! I went in for testing on Monday, 15 September because I was 6 days past due at that point. Stress test showed some contractions but nothing special. AFI showed fluid was at 4.95, which the tech said was a little low but not that big of a deal. I asked to see the midwife because I wanted to make sure I wasn't leaking (because at that point I was paranoid). I went from the office to the birthing center (they're next to each other) and found out they were admitting me. At this point I kind of started freaking out because no one said anything about admitting me and I hadn't discussed induction with any of the midwives yet because I was trying to go as natural as possible. After yelling at a couple of nurses ("I'm not peeing in the cup until I talk to my midwife!"), my midwife came in and explained things to me. She was concerned about the low AFI and didn't want to wait and risk losing the baby.

At this point I was in a regular delivery room because I was being induced, which means connected to a machine and monitors, and therefore, not allowed to use the labor tub, which was part of my labor plan. We talked with the midwife about starting the pitocin and if things got going and I was able to progress on my own, they would take me off the pitocin and I would be able to move around and use the tub...so they changed us to the tub room.

The midwife checked me and I was about 4cm dilated and 100% effaced. They connected me to the pitocin at 1800. Agrex and I talked and she got me some food to eat (a small bag of white cheddar cheez-its from the vending machine) because the last time I ate was 1100. Around 2000, I checked my drip: 32mg/mL of pitocin and my contractions were less than 2 minutes apart. I didn't feel anything, though. So I said, "Let me go to the bathroom one last time just in case this stuff kicks in," and I came out and said, "Oooooh. Myyyy. Goooood. I. Need. My. Hynobabies. Now! It's. happening." She got me into the bed and got my headphones and I put myself into a lovely hypnotic-state. At that point she contacted the doula to come to the rescue. The next time I came up from my hypnosis was to try and move (this was a couple of hours into labor). I sat up and felt the nausea wave over me and very politely asked, "May I please have the bucket so I can vomit?" (I, apparently, was the nicest woman in labor they've ever had.) Yes...white cheddar cheez-its...not pleasant...for anyone in the room...and agrex is a sympathy puker, but she held it together for me (as she had done the entire labor and the weeks following). At some point the nurse took me off the pitocin because the contractions were constant with no breaks. My labor continued on its own. I was able to use the birth ball, which helped with the back labor. The midwife came to check me and I was around 6cm and she said when I get to 7cm, I could use the tub, which would probably be another half an hour. Not sure how much time passed because I was using my hypnosis, but the nurse let me in without being checked because I was already going through transition. I labored in the tub and started pushing while I was in there. When I felt something breech my cervix, I came out of hypnosis and asked the nurse when I could push. She asked if I thought I needed to push (I had already been pushing) and said she would get my midwife to come check me and see how far I am. That took 37 minutes! I got on the bed on all fours and the midwife went to check me and said, "OH! We have a hand!" It was a hand that breeched my cervix! A hand in a sack. The amniotic sack never broke. That's when they noticed the meconium, which I didn't know about. I pushed three times, as her shoulders passed on that third push, her sack burst and I saw her fall into the nurses hands and all this brown splash everywhere. I thought I had made a terrible mess on everyone, but I turned around and no one's face was brown. Then someone told me about the meconium. They had to clean her up, but I got to spend about an hour with her on my chest before they took her to the nursery to make sure her breathing was okay. She was born hand first, facing left, which created two first degree tears - one perineal and one on the side. Overall, from the time I felt to the contractions to the time Matilda was born, labor was 5.5 hours.

The first week was rough. Not because of her - she's such an easy baby - but because of 2 days of really bad latches! My nipples looked like hamburger meat. I scared 3 different lactation consultants with them! The pain was so bad it brought me to tears just thinking about breastfeeding, and I am not a crier, but I was so determined to do it. Agrex had to help me put the baby on there. After getting her lip and tongue frenulum cut, latching got so much better. Also, watching the latching video from The Pump Station and Nurtury helped me develop a great technique.

Since then, things have been smooth sailing. Matilda just turned 9 weeks yesterday. As of last Friday, she was up to 9 lbs - 13.5 oz. We are back to work and she just started daycare this week. It's been rough to not run out of work. I hate leaving her!

Pictures from her one month and two month birthdays are attached!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-16.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	9913  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-16c.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	9921  

pokeyac likes this.
#13 of 95 Old 11-19-2014, 01:51 PM

Congratulations on the beautiful new addition to your family! I'm glad you were still able to labor as you had planned despite the last minute changes. I hope all continues to go well!

Check out our
#14 of 95 Old 11-19-2014, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
jam - thinking of you and so excited for you! I found the days after my due date to be some of the hardest to wait - all that not knowing! But, you know you'll have that baby one way or another by Thanksgiving, which is so exciting!

Uber - what a birth story - glad it all worked out. And I appreciate you writing about the tongue and lip tie - our baby also needed a frenotomy, which helped, but we're still not having a great time with breast feeding. We're working on it though and every week gets a little better. I'll check out the videos you mentioned - maybe they'll help!

Fried - hope you had a good trip to Berlin!

Our little one is now a month old. My partner is now back at work, so we're sorting out new routines. I start work again very part time right after Thanksgiving - it is going to be hard. I wish I could take more time off, but at least I'll be mostly working from home, so will probably have the baby by my side while doing a lot of my work (thankfully I can do that while she is still so young and sleeps so much). I just realized that we are going to need to get real about childcare in 2015 when we're both back at work full time. I've been doing some research and am afraid we should have started this process months ago before she was even born. I hope we can find some good options. Hope everyone else is doing well - can't wait to hear about more babies!
#15 of 95 Old 11-20-2014, 09:28 AM

Omom--probably not until next fall. We need to wait until there's a spot at my mother in law's company for DP, and until i figure out what I'll be doing down there.

Fried--how did the trip go? I find that traveling when they're little is usually harder beforehand for me (anxiety!) than in actuality. I'm impressed that your little guy is rolling over already!

Jam--so exciting! And what a great thing to be thankful for, too! I hope you stay comfortable these last few days!

Uber (and Agrex, of course) --congratulations! What a gorgeous little girl! The first part of your story reminded me of my first labor--not in the natural room, things happening not to plan. I'm really glad that you got to use the tub, at least, and that the hypnosis worked to help with your labor. I'm glad you figured out what to do to help make nursing easier. Oh, and a great name, too!

Lea--Good luck with the transitions! We use a home daycare, and I swear they are just like family. DP and I were just talking about the good influence they've had on E (manners! jokes! dance moves!) and how we're glad that if she can't be with us all day, at least she's being cared for by people who love her and teach her things we couldn't. I'm sure you'll find a good place for your little girl, even on shortish notice.

AFM--sleep is FINALLY starting to get better. The boys have settled more or less into a dream feed at 9 or 9:30, one feeding around 2 or 3, and then sleeping til 6. I wish I could get them to sleep overnight, but I'm happy enough with things as they are. DS1 has turned into a real talker--he just babbles and babbles. It's adorable. I think the hardest thing for me right now is feeling like neither of them gets any real one on one time with us. DS1 had to stay home for a minor tummy bug yesterday with DP and it was the first time he had his mama all to himself. I know they get a lot out of having each other (she said that when all three were together again, the boys just laid on their mats staring and staring at each other since they're not used to being separated) but it seems sad when I think about how much individual bonding time we got with our daughter at this age.

She's here!

And so are the boys!
#16 of 95 Old 12-06-2014, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Remembering Elio Sol today and thinking of Melamee and family. If you see this, many many folks in the facebook group are sending you love and light. We are thinking of your little Elio
pokeyac likes this.

Our
and DW mama
our 5 yr old DD 'Z'
and 2.5 yr old DD 'S'
and waiting for
(March 2015)

#17 of 95 Old 12-08-2014, 12:00 PM

Thank you for the reminder. I am thinking of you and your family also @nosreves . I hope you are doing well.

Check out our
#18 of 95 Old 12-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Hey all,

I am not sure what happened but I am sending some loving energy to you, Nosreves.

Isa- It is wonderful that the boys are sleeping more and it seems like they have got themselves into a similar schedule, I am sure that is helpful for everyone in your house. The move to Florida sounds nice. I am sure it would be nice to be around family.

Lea- It's nice that you will be able to ease back into work and you dont have to go back full time until after the new year and I am sure the search for childcare can be really difficult, but hopefulle you will find a situation like Isa's where the people who watch your LO will end up loving her and feeling like family. Have you made any progress in finding childcare?

Uber (and Agrex)- your daughter is beautiful! I love her smile. Congrats on all your hard work bringing her into the world.

Jam- How are you doing? I hope things went well with your little guy making his debut and it has been smooth sailing since then.

Omom- It is so wonderful that your wife and eldest were able to feel your LO's movements, and I am sure by now the movements are more and more noticeable. Did you find out the sex of the baby or opt to wait?

AFM, getting close! We are a month and a few days from our due date and I am getting more and more anxious and excited for our baby's arrival. For some reason I keep thinking she won't wait until her due date to make her debut. I think this might be set in from being pregnant with the twins in the beginning and thinking that they would be here in Decemeber more than likely, now it just might be wishful thinking. We are finally settled all in to our new house although the nursery is yet to be finished. We are meeting with someone tomorrow to see about doing a mural on the wall. We are doing a Dr. Seuss theme that I really love, so I am excited to get it all together. Other than that, we are just trying to be as patient as we can while we wait out these final weeks.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited to announce the arrival of our baby girl, born 1/27/15.

Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.
#19 of 95 Old 12-17-2014, 09:19 PM

Hey Everyone! Just a quick update to say our little man made his debut on November 26th after being induced. We really had a great labor and delivery experience but have had some difficulty adjusting to life at home. Our LO doesn't seem to ever get full so we're thinking I may not be producing enough milk for him and he doesn't seem to want to sleep ever, especially at night. He is a very strong boy and has already rolled over from tummy to back at just over 2 weeks old. He was lifting his head on his own from the moment they put him on my chest after birth! Hope to be able to catch up more soon!
pokeyac likes this.
#20 of 95 Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 AM

Congratulations Jam! I hope you are healing well and that you figure out the feeding issues soon. Are you seeing a good LC? Enjoy the holidays with your new little baby!

Check out our
#21 of 95 Old 12-18-2014, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Jam!!! I hope things continue to adjust for you all !

That is strong! Rolling already! wow

Our
and DW mama
our 5 yr old DD 'Z'
and 2.5 yr old DD 'S'
and waiting for
(March 2015)

#22 of 95 Old 12-18-2014, 04:51 PM

Congrats Jam! So exciting!

Re: getting enough to eat - having just gone through this a bit with ours in October I would definitely see what your doctor has to say about it/how weight gain and diapers are going, and if you're really concerned see a lactation consultant. There are groups where you can weigh the baby before and after a feeding to see how much they are really eating. I took a supplement called Lactation Blend (Vitanica brand) right after birth that really helped my supply. The dose on the package is 1 a day, but for a week my midwives had me take 6 a day.

Keep us posted!
#23 of 95 Old 12-19-2014, 09:13 AM

Congrats, Jam! I hope you figure out a good solution to the feeding and sleeping issues soon. That stuff is SO stressful!

AFM--hi, everyone! Things are plugging along over here. The boys are getting to a really cute phase of life. DS1 discovered his tongue, so he sticks it out all the time, usually while grinning. DS2 is more excited about his feet, but he's very ticklish, so we can make him giggle easily, which is fun. And DD has started making up stories and playing pretend a bit, so I'm getting a glimpse into how her mind works. It's lots of fun! Also, really tiring. I feel like I haven't slept well in at least 9 months, and I'm a lot more irritable because of it. There's so much stress surrounding everything (holidays! money! family expectations! BABIESBABIESBABIES! Toddler whining! AAARGH!) and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel until everyone is going off to preschool in a few years. I think that things will ease up after the holidays, honestly, but it's been kind of a rough month in some ways, if also really great in others.

I hope everyone is having a good holiday season!

She's here!

And so are the boys!
#24 of 95 Old 12-19-2014, 03:20 PM

Congrats Jam! I second what lea said.

AFM: I'm terrible at checking in here but I think of you all often, especially our little due date cluster, liz, fried, isa.

M is 6 months old today! Time sure flies. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of our legal wedding which is awesome. I probably didn't update here, but after SCOTUS denied the case, were were able to get an amended birth certificate with DW's name on it as well since we were technically legally married when he was born.

M is great, he is finally getting some baby chub, rolls from his tummy to his back, babbles all day long, likes to practice walking, hates tummy time, and loves his puppies (even though they don't love him). He also just started teething, which isn't so fun and will only sleep while attached to the boob....so I am a walking zombie these days. I too don't see a light at the end of sleep tunnel for many many years. We've started talking about timing for #2 and I'm slightly terrified at this point. Good thing we have a while to get a little more ready and adjust to having one baby

And isa, moving to FL??? Wow that's a big change. Good luck with getting ready and the big move.

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#25 of 95 Old 12-22-2014, 02:55 PM

Redrock-he's so cute! Teething is starting here, too--DS1 is a total drooler. DD never was, so it's weird to be thinking about bibs and where we can get more of them, since we really only have a couple around. My kids are just over 2 years apart, and it's a good spread, so far. She's big enough to be her own little person, but not so big that she'll ever remember not having brothers. And for us, being totally over diapers and baby things would have made it really, really hard to go back again. Almost better from our perspective to just start over from the middle, you know? There are good arguments for almost any spacing, but that's what we were thinking with ours. If we decide to go crazy and have a fourth, it would be a longer stretch, I think. I can't imagine 4 under 4.

She's here!

And so are the boys!
#26 of 95 Old 12-23-2014, 06:39 AM

Hey Jam, congratulations on your little arrival. I too hope you can solve your bf issues soon. It gets so much easier after a couple of weeks.
Everybody else, I love reading your updates even though I am terrible at writing here these days. N keeps me busy. He got through his first nasty respiratory infection and was a bit miserable for 10 days, we also went through most of our adoption procedures last month (two! visits from CPS to check us out and court stuff, gah!). He went through what we named baby puberty at 16-19 weeks, where he had mood swings and needed lots of entertainment. We also bought a new car which broke down on us yesterday. But overall, family life is good, N is his own little smiley person and might start to roll over some day soon. We're also starting solids next month and we're trying to get him to take a bottle, which he still refuses, litle breast junkie that he is.

I wish you all a happy holiday!

#27 of 95 Old 12-29-2014, 11:06 AM

Congrats on your little ones arrival Jam!!

Fried- awesome that you are getting through the adoption process. It sounds like your little viking is growing well. Sorry to hear about the troubles with your new car, that always sucks.

Redrock- I am assuming your profile picture is your little guy- and he is so cute!

Isa- I hope you are feeling a bit of the calm after the storm now that the holidays are mostly over. Hopefully January will bring some quiet time and rest for you.

AFM- 37 weeks 5 days today and counting! I was checked on Friday by my midwife and she said I was about 1 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. She also guessed that baby is already about 6 lbs 14 oz or so! It was so cool to get an actual guess of how big she is instead of just the app that compares her to some random fruit or vegetable. I think that I am usually a pretty patient person, and I know that most first babies come after their due date, but I am so ready to meet her! I just want her to come out now! I have been having lots of sporadic contractions, which have been getting more frequent and stronger. I have also been prepping my body with Raspberry Leaf Tea and Evening Primrose Oil, plus lots of walking. We finished our Bradley classes a couple of weeks ago, and I loved them. Our instructor was great and really inclusive. The class was small so we really got a lot of information out of it and I feel like it helped prepare both of us. I loved that it involved DP in the process just as much and made him feel really prepared on how to help me in labor and be an active participant in the pregnancy and birth of our little one, after all, this is our journey, not just mine. Plus, I am feeling really well equipped to get the natural labor I am dreaming of.

Anyway, the new year is right around the corner and I am wishing you all love and happiness!
pokeyac likes this.

After years of waiting, DP and I are so excited to announce the arrival of our baby girl, born 1/27/15.

Remebering our Angel Baby, Emery.
#28 of 95 Old 01-12-2015, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hello all!
Its been about 3 years since I've been on this board. I skimmed through everything and I only really recognize oneomommyonemomma and Isa. Isa, I think you were pregnant with your first last I knew! And now you have 3! So amazing, congratulations.

My little guy just turned 3 and he is quite a handful but, I do have baby fever and am considering TTC for #2 . My situation has changed dramatically (seperated for almost 2 years, and went from SAHM to working full time) so it would be a very different journey this time around. Lately I've been observing different families spacing for having more children. I don't want my next to be too much younger than DS because I want them to be semi close in age. Anyways hello everyone and I look forward to following your stories! <3
pokeyac likes this.

Crystal (26) Single Mama to Baby Cohen born 7 weeks early December 2011 <3
#29 of 95 Old 01-13-2015, 12:42 AM

Welcome Crystal and the best of luck for TTC!

Hopeful, how are you? I am thinkng of you these days. I hope all your great prep works out to give you an amazing birth experience. Can't wait for you to introduce you little one

Afm, adoption will be finalized next monday. Also, five month olds are great companions, all smiles and giggles, rolling around, playing and exploring. He keeps me very busy, but I enjoy him so much.

#30 of 95 Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 AM

Welcome back @crystalperez ! I remember you. How is it going being a single mom?

Check out our

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page