May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez​

2011 Graduates!
December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel​

2010 Graduates!
November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa​

2009 Graduates!
December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511​

See less See more
#2 ·
Happy February All!!! And good luck!!!!

I am very excited to be trying my first IUI this month!! I will be taking everyones advice and only buy 1 vial to try out. I am just not exactly sure when I ovulate. I know the positive OPK's are just saying it will be coming soon..

So when would you suggest I should inseminate after I get my positive OPK?

Good luck everyone and lets hope for a good February!!!! :grin::thumb:love

#3 · (Edited)
Mk, in the cycle that I got pregnant, I had a lh suge early in the morning, had an iui later that same morning (4 hours later) and then didnt ovulate until two days later according to my bbt. I did roughly the same thing this cycle. I usually would rather go in the day after a +opk but I keep surging on the weekends/holidays and my clinic isn't open the next day!! I wish you the best of luck - what an exciting time!!!

#4 ·
Good luck, Mkgarcia! Have you ever tried monitoring your temperature to figure out when you ovulate? This may help if you're into it. I temped for a while when we were first starting to try to get pregnant, so this gave me a rough idea of when I ovulated, though eventually I stopped doing it because I found it to be stressful. Just another idea to try...
Dani, I am crossing my fingers for you, but also really glad to hear that you are so at peace with whatever the outcome of this cycle may be. Good taking care of yourself...
Angee, so sorry AF showed up, this cycle was such a rollercoaster. Though, like you said, it would have been a challenge to be pregnant now with the work timing, etc. Paid maternity leave! I can only imagine how dreamy that would feel!!! Excited you'll be lurking :)
Easttowest, I am COUNTING on my good luck rubbing off on the rest of us!
AFM, trying to relax into wait mode. Nothing new is going to be coming up until our ultrasound two weeks from today, so will just have to keep an eye of symptoms and try to take care of myself in the meantime. Let myself exercise for the first time in weeks yesterday and went swimming, which felt so nice. I was afraid to overexert myself through the whole IVF process, but now kinda feel like a blob. Definitely sore this morning!

#5 ·
I have tried temping before, but I thought it was stressful also. I was told you need to get the same amount of sleep every night and wake up around the same time for it to really work. and during the week I am waking up at 430 in the morning for work, and on the weekends i do not wake up that early. lol So i just decided to forget that.

I was told that when you get your positive OPK you should wait 24 hours to inseminate?

MAMA- Did you get pregnant with IVF?

#6 ·
Oh yeah that's right, Mkgarcia, you had mentioned that about your work schedule.
I think that it's definitely out there to wait 24 hrs after +OPK, but in conversations on this forum many of us have opted to insem earlier. Ideally you want the sperm in there waiting when the egg shows up, and waiting 24 hrs just seems to give so much time for ovulation with no sperm in sight, you know? I think that many of us feel confident that frozen sperm lives AT LEAST 24 hrs inside us, if not longer, so better to have it in there early vs missing the moment of ovulation. Does that make sense?
My wife and I just go pregnant using reciprocal IVF - we used her eggs, an anonymous sperm donor, then the embryos were transferred into me! We decided that it was the coolest way for us to both be really involved in the process, plus she had no desire to be pregnant, lol, but was excited about having a genetic connection to our kid. It was a total learning experience, and I tried to document the steps on here for others to see, so feel free to ask away if you're curious!

#7 ·
Mama- Oh wow!! That is awesome! I love that idea and I think it is so amazing! That just seriously made my day! I'm smiling ear to ear. Maybe that is something my Wife and I can try on the next one.

I never thought I would say, but I have never been more happy to get my AF today!!! bahahaha :) So we will be picking up the frozen sperm next week, we are only going to be getting one vial, because everyone is saying its not worth the extra money to buy two. What hours would you suggest inseminting? If 24 hours is to long to wait.. Maybe 12?

#8 ·
mk - yay on getting AF!!! I think 12 hours post surge sounds good for the iui :). I've also read plenty of research about how adding a second vial has almost no effect on getting pregnant.

Well... I saved up enough will power to not test over the weekend but wasn't prepared for today's snow day. Staying home alone with no plans was too much so I caved. BFN... but I'm only 7-9dpo so very early still. Still no symptoms but I wouldn't expect them before/during implantation anyway. Last time I think I got bloated/crampy/sensitive nipples only after I saw a good bfp and I think that makes the most sense.

#9 ·
@mkgarcia023 If you aren't sure when you ovulate, doing 2 insems might be a good idea. I took a class on timing at Maya Midwifery, and the midwife said to use 3 signs to confirm it is time to inseminate. OPK is often used as a confirmation, but it is not one of the primary signs. You can look at cervical fluid (that stretchy egg white type mucus), cervical position (high and open), and cervical color (pink). These are all good signs that you are fertile. You may have other signs too, like you might feel bloated right before you ovulate. These are all good things to track. You can have your partner check your cervix with a speculum and a flashlight. For example, people often have a few days of EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) before O day. I would say if you have all the signs and a positive OPK, you are good to go.

#11 ·
When will you test again, dani? I would say it's definitely still early! Fingers crossed for you!

Mk, that sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

NC, when do you find out if one or both embryos stuck around? Two weeks? With your low hcg early on I was sure it wasn't twins, but boy did you catch up quickly! Do you have a feeling one way or another? I'm so excited for you two!

We will have an ultrasound this Friday (CD 12) to see what the follicle situation is. If they are mature, we might trigger then, who knows! I am excited just to get more information, we have never done an ultrasound before. But I would expect to insem this weekend or very early next week, so we are getting there! With this being our seventh insem, I am just so tired of it and want this to be it so badly. But I am also ok with our plan to use up the two vials we have left on two more cycles and then take a break to work on RIVF.

#12 ·
EAST- Good luck with the ultrasound!! I hope all goes well and you insem!!! Let us know how it goes! :)

One more question. When inseminating, do you attach the catheter to the syringe and suck the semen threw the catheter, or put it in the syringe first? I have heard both ways.

#13 ·
Our midwife always attaches the catheter first and sucks the sperm up through it. Seems like there's less chance for spilling or wasting any that way. But I'm sure either way works fine.

#14 ·
We also always put the catheter on first and sucked the sperm up into it. Our midwife advised us to suck a little bit of air into the syringe BEFORE the sperm, so when you have pushed everything out, that little bit of air will also clear out any sperm still in the catheter. Make sense?
Excited for your ultrasound Easttowest, it's really pretty interesting to see what's going on in there!
Fingers crossed for you Dani!

#15 ·
East - that's nice that you'll get a view of what's going on inside. Good luck Friday!

Mk - I honestly can't remember- sorry!

Bfn for me (8-10dpo). I'll just keep testing daily from now I guess.

#17 ·
Bfn again today (10-12 dpo)... I still have no symptoms other than a gross/detailed dream last night. I got my faint bfp last time on 10dpo so most likely I'm out. Ho hum.

#18 ·
Ugh, dani, I'm so sorry. Frustrating to know you're out and still have to wait. I'll hold out hope for you until AF arrives, but I also know we always knew when we were out even if others told us it was still early. Hopefully you have a fun activity to look forward to or at least a nice drink!

#19 ·
Just a quick update that the scan revealed one follicle at 15 mm, so we are not quite there yet. We will trigger on Sunday and do IUI on Tuesday. Now we just have to hope she doesn't have a natural LH surge before then because we decided to save money and not pick up the vial until Monday! So now I am paranoid but given the information we have, it seems highly unlikely she would naturally ovulate before Monday.

#20 ·
I am just stopping by from QPP. :)

easttowest - Are you doing 1 or 2 insems? I used to surge early (when my follies were 16 mm) so I started doing an additional insem at home because my clinic never timed it right. I have only been pregnant once but the time it did work I triggered on a Sunday night and did an at home insem on Monday and IUI at the clinic on Tuesday. Lots of luck to you!

#21 ·
Oh no, now you have me nervous! We will only do one insem, that was the entire point of doing the trigger (had been dong two because we couldn't pinpoint ovulation). Hopefully 36 hours post trigger will be ok for her, we don't have any option but to wait until Monday at this point! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

#22 ·
I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you nervous. I just saw in your signature that you had done IVI/IUI so I thought you were doing multiple insems. The reason I ovulated prematurely was because I was taking clomid. I am sure your timing with the trigger will be great.

Thanks for the congrats. My dw is the one who is pregnant. The farthest along I was able to get before miscarrying was 5 weeks. Also, if she surges early just contact your clinic and they can advise when to trigger. When that would happen to me they would have me trigger right away and I would come in 24-36 hours later. I am sorry again for making you nervous.

#23 ·
East - not that I'm an expert but from what I've read, I'll think the timing will be just fine :) how cool to see the little eggie!

It's 12/13dpo and my temp dipped yesterday and today, bfn still and some cramping so even though no af quite yet, I'm quite sure I'm out. Dw and I have slipped terribly when it comes to eating healthy these past few months so we will focus our energies on that and hopefully a refreshed body will help with fertility next month.

#24 ·
Update: af arrived.

#26 ·
Good luck with your trigger tonight, Easttowest! I have confident that the timing will be good, and that follicle is probably just the right, ripe size by now! I feel like every time we tried something DIFFERENT in TTC, it felt like a really good step. Like we were doing something proactive to try to make it work. Maybe it was a little different for us, since we never even had any BFPs, but it was so frustrating to just do the same thing over and over and expect different results (isn't that the definition of insanity, haha?). I have a really great feeling for you guys - trying something different this cycle!
Dani, sorry about AF, boo...I hope that you are feeling "okay" about the outcome, knowing that you were feeling very calm about it going into this cycle. Of course, it's always a letdown for AF to arrive, but some cycles certainly feel harder than others. Yay for you guys focusing on a healthy lifestyle this month, we could all probably do better at that, lol.
Congrats on your DW's pregnancy, Darcy! Hope all continues to go smoothly... we hope to be joining you at QPP soon!
AFU, still just trying to stay relaxed. We SO do not feel out of the woods, next week's ultrasound can't come soon enough. I'm feeling tired daily and the boobs are more sore, though my uterus doesn't feel as consistently full/pressured/crampy as it did at first. And almost no nausea. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks. Hoping all is well...

#27 ·
Happy 6 weeks NC! Hope you get reassuring news next week. Nothing like that heartbeat...

CD 14, got a positive OPK this evening, triggered right away, will do IUI tomorrow night, about 28 hours post surge and trigger. It's supposed to be 36 hours, but given that she had a natural LH surge, I think earlier is better. Probably didn't need the trigger at all, but we figured it couldn't hurt (except our wallet). Feeling hopeful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.