Lesbian & Bisexual Mothers - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 10-24-2004, 02:38 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Good luck and Welcome to MDC!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#32 of 56 Old 10-25-2004, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wandering over from the Single Parenting forum...
I'm bi but was monogamously married for 7 years to a man; he knew my "history" (he was even friends with one of my ex-girlfriends), but we never discussed it. I shut the door on my bisexuality during the marriage - I have a box of erotica and "Dykes to Watch Out For" books that has been sealed with packing tape since 1997! Now I've left the marriage and I want to open that door again.

One problem: I don't know how to put out that "woman-oriented" vibe when meeting new people, especially when my daughter is with me! I feel like I'm still performing this classic "breeder" role: feminist femme mother of small child going through icky divorce, suffering psychic pain and practical hassles from her soon-to-be-ex.

I have some great lesbian, bi, and gay friends, but they know me as a queer-friendly straight girl - I'm not sure how to "amend" my identity to them either.

Now I wish I'd done the work of nurturing a bi/queer identity all along. Would be curious to hear more about that... I'll be lurking!
#33 of 56 Old 10-27-2004, 11:28 PM

Hi there, bi-mama partnered with a bi-papa, we've got 2 boys together. Both interested in poly. I'm really shy with women, though! (My bi daughter, who is out on her own now, says she's the same!)
#34 of 56 Old 10-28-2004, 11:10 PM

Hi There,
Newly Stumbled across this board and already a big time lurker! I used to hang/post on the Mamatron boards a long time ago, and miss the interaction with all kinds of Mama's We are a mama/mami, 1 DD family. We are also very involved in our GLBT Synagogue ( we met there, were married there in 2000, and had our daughter's Brit Bat there). We are also vegetarians, and into other intelectual and crunchy granola persuits.
#35 of 56 Old 10-28-2004, 11:16 PM

single, bi in history and theory, but in current reality can't imagine being sexually attracted to anyone ever again. am assuming that eventually i will meet a cute girl and that will change...?
#36 of 56 Old 10-29-2004, 12:51 AM

Hi all. I'm new to this board. I'm a lesbian, married to my wife for 5 1/2 years and together for 8 yrs. We had our first TTC last month, tested negative, about to try #2 next week. Wish us luck. No bio kids yet, but the most adorable niece (2 1/2) and newphew (almost 1). We can't wait to be moms ourselves.
#37 of 56 Old 10-29-2004, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamimapster
I used to hang/post on the Mamatron boards a long time ago, and miss the interaction with all kinds of Mama's
I miss Mamatron, too! I was never clear what happened there... just tried to log in one day after being offline for a while, and whoops! it was gone. Nice to encounter another "alumna"
#38 of 56 Old 10-29-2004, 03:03 PM

Wow, great to meet all you queer mamas!

I hear you, BabySlinger, about not feeling 'out' or identifiable anymore! I have been used to seeming pretty queer, as I either looked queer, hung out in queer places, or was seen about town with lovely butch women. Now I get perceived as straight, and it's downright weird... I was walking down Church St (the gay street) in Toronto this summer with my babe on my back, and this lovely fag started to give me a Pride dance flyer, then said "sorry" and took it back! I said "hey! I want that!" and took it anyway, but the sad thing was of course I wasn't going to any Pride raves with a six month old babe to nurse!
#39 of 56 Old 10-29-2004, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama
the sad thing was of course I wasn't going to any Pride raves with a six month old babe to nurse!
This image is almost enough to make me want another baby, just so I could nurse at Pride events: "Lesbian and Bi lactivists unite!"

(Something tells me that particular bandwagon would be more like a Volkswagen.)

Since posting last week I've done some local checking around and discovered that the nearby LGBT community center has a whole program for queer families - they have holiday parties, gatherings, special events, and workshops. I'm feeling motivated to take DD to something this season!
#40 of 56 Old 10-30-2004, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySlinger
I miss Mamatron, too! I was never clear what happened there... just tried to log in one day after being offline for a while, and whoops! it was gone. Nice to encounter another "alumna"

Yeah, it was really a bummer. They shut down the board and at the time there was a discussion of it coming back up as a subscriber's board, but it basically just dissapeared. I really miss it, but i'm glad to have found this one since Mamatron didn't have any kind of local "tribe" thing and I'm hoping to actually meet some other kidlets for Shira to play with who's families are in to some of the same things we are. I'm still looking for a Veg thread on this and can't seem to find one though.
#41 of 56 Old 10-30-2004, 03:34 PM

Bi with two guys here. Looking for a lady, though not actively. The guys keep me rather well sated, and I really don't have time for a third lover right now...
#42 of 56 Old 11-18-2004, 03:41 PM

hi there,
i just became a member. i'm a lesbian who is partnered with a woman who has a six-year-old son. we are an interracial couple and our biracial boy has three moms: his mama (my partner), his mema (my partner's ex) and me (he calls me mom AND by my name). my partner is his bio mom (they used a sperm bank with identity release).

i am trying to get pregant. we've tried for two cycles (two times each) with frozen sperm (from a donor with ID release). no luck. we are now considering using my partner's brother. we finally asked him and he said yes!! this week we're all in really thinking it through mode.

(i still have to set up all the fun icons.)

*kstar*
#43 of 56 Old 11-23-2004, 08:21 PM

Hello all you beautiful women!

I'm Madison, and I'm a lesbian single-mother-by-choice to my adorable 17 month old son! He was conceived via donor insemination, we've met the donor and the other lesbian family conceived via his sperm, too - so he has 2 half-brothers and a half-sister and maybe a few more sibs on the way (not sure yet, lol).

Welcome to the Forum! I don't have time to come here often, but when I am able, I do! Now that I have internet access again, I hope to be here more often.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

#44 of 56 Old 01-10-2005, 01:51 PM

Hi, I am a Lesbian mother of one beautiful 11year old daughter, and am ttc again this month, I would love to meet others, my location is Wilminton N.C
jamiebuffkin@bellsouth.net
#45 of 56 Old 01-10-2005, 01:54 PM

I am on my second try with iui, i use xytex which one did you use?
#46 of 56 Old 01-13-2005, 11:27 PM

Hi there-- My name is Lissa and I am a single mom to a 2 1/2 year old son named Jade. I am also looking for some other gay mamas-- we are in the South Florida area... anyone else? Please feel free to email me at lis4Jade@bellsouth.net.
thanks!
#47 of 56 Old 01-14-2005, 04:01 PM

Hey there...bi mama here married to a straight guy
We've got one child, Willow. She's 17 months old. YAY!

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#48 of 56 Old 03-18-2005, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73
I'm a sapiosexual mama married to a sapiosexual papa. We have a 2 year old boy.
What is sapiosexual?
#49 of 56 Old 03-18-2005, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvstevens
I would be interested in finding single lesbian & bisexual mothers, or coupled lesbian & bisexual mothers. I'm a lesbian mother -- half of a couple . Send an email or PM if you're not comfortable posting publicly.
So, I'm curious -- once you find all these moms, what are you going to do with them? :LOL

Me -- no labels. Partnered with my awesome girlfriend, Michelle, for 4+ years, and mom to my precious 15 year-old, Alexa.
#50 of 56 Old 03-18-2005, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleAmama
hi there,
we are now considering using my partner's brother. we finally asked him and he said yes!! this week we're all in really thinking it through mode.

*kstar*
That's interesting....so the baby's uncle would be his bio dad. Is it rude of me to ask whether it would be an "open" situation? If so, please disregard -- just curious.
#51 of 56 Old 03-18-2005, 04:30 PM

Sapiosexual means you are attracted to intellegence, it doesn't matter what gender (male, female, otherkin etc.) that intellegence is packaged in.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#52 of 56 Old 03-27-2005, 10:29 PM

bi mom to AB (split from dad in late 2003.)

Looking for new friends here in Ontario and elsewhere.
#53 of 56 Old 01-31-2014, 09:41 AM

Me and my wife are lesbian and married and need advice
pokeyac likes this.
#54 of 56 Old 01-31-2014, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi kailanariel! Welcome to Queer Parenting! This is a really old thread. Are you and your wife trying to conceive? I suggest you post in the Queer Conceptions thread (below) or click on the "Start a New Thread" button at the top of the page to start a new thread where you can ask for advice. Queer Conceptions is a great bunch of folks trying to conceive. They are very supportive and knowledgeable. Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with in the forums.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1395174/queer-conceptions-january/0_30

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#55 of 56 Old 01-31-2014, 10:39 AM

Oh my! Thank you so much!
#56 of 56 Old 03-04-2014, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi :)

Bi/ poly mama here, married to an awesome self-professed girly-man, proud mommy to the coolest 3yo who loves trains, dinosaurs, playing with sticks and dirt, and dressing up as a "princess firefighter." ...because, hey... some firefighters use wands to zap fires out, and they need their fairy wings to fly people to safety.

Being married to a man doesn't make me straight, any more than being in a garage makes me a car. ;-P

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.   namaste.gif  ribbonpb.gif  joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page