Yep, I'm pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2002, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, I'm pregnant!

I'm 6 weeks pregnant today

I waited for a bit to make "sure" it was going to stick, since I miscarried last time, but it looks like it's here to stay!

I think the EDD is around the beginning of July!

I am so excited. Now I'm really wondering what my donor looks like and what my baby may look like when he/she is born!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you guys.

madison

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2002, 09:01 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Madison!!!

I lurked for awhile back before the board change and I know how long you've waited for this. Congrats again!!!

Kylix
Old 11-06-2002, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh my goodness madison! How wonderful!!! (((Big spinning hugs))) I know how much you have wanted this and I am so happy for you. You will be a great mom and your babe is really lucky. Wow! Wow!!!

Now do ten Kegels everytime you check this thread for new posts.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:10 PM

Congratulations Madison!!!!! Best news I've heard today. ((((hugs))))

Old 11-06-2002, 09:38 PM

Wow! That's great news, Madison!! Congratulations to you and the mini-Mad.
How are you feeling?
Old 11-06-2002, 09:46 PM

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!

A most healthy and happy nine months to you, madison!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:51 PM

Congrats Madison! Best news I've heard all day too
Old 11-07-2002, 12:00 AM

YIPPEE FRICKIN SKIPEE!!!

I am so excited!!

Get your butt over to the I am Pregnant forum..we want to know all the details!!

Love ya!!
peggy
Old 11-07-2002, 01:07 AM

Isn't it great when a plan comes together? You're a woman of your word, you said ttc in the fall and you meant it!!!!Congratulations!

Jerri
Old 11-07-2002, 01:13 AM

Congrats, Madison!!

Thanks for letting us know!

Alison
Old 11-07-2002, 01:14 AM

YIPPEEEWHOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Madison! Have a wonderful !
Old 11-07-2002, 01:31 AM

congratulations madison

lots of happy healthy baby vibes
Old 11-07-2002, 02:00 AM

Old 11-07-2002, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats, Madison! I know how much you wanted this! What a lucky baby!

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

Old 11-07-2002, 01:28 PM

So happy to hear you news! It takes SOOO long sometimes, doens't it? I waited 7 years before delia came to me...hope your lil' one is as much a gift.

Sending healthy strong uterus vibes to you...
Old 11-07-2002, 01:51 PM

I am SOOOO happy for you and wish you all the blessings life has in store for you. I wish you a joyous pregnancy and safe passage for your little one.

Peace and love,
Kelly

Old 11-07-2002, 02:23 PM

Congratulations Madison! What wonderful news! I hope that you are feeling well, and that you continue to have a great first trimester (not to mention second and third). I know what you mean about wondering what your baby will look like. I am thinking about it more and more these days. When I told someone that we had found out that both babies are boys, she looked horrified and exclaimed, "but didn't you want it to be a surprise?!" I said, "It's gonna be enough of a surprise to see what they look like!"

Anyway, I'm sure your baby is and will be beautiful.

Congrats, congrats!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:30 PM

Wooohoooo!!!! Congratulations!!! I remember, too, before the boards changed that you were trying. What wonderful news!!! You are gonna be a FABULOUS mom!

Old 11-07-2002, 02:52 PM

HOORAY MADISON!!

I am so happy for you! Congrats!

Kelly

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

Old 11-07-2002, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much everyone, for your good wishes

I'm feeling good but morning sickness (well, afternoon sickness) has most definately kicked in!

It took on the first new attempt this fall I'm pretty darn happy about that! It was funny, though. When I called my sperm bank to place the order, the Director said, "Uh, we have a slight problem. Someone came last week and bought the entire stock of Mr. Australia (my donor choice)." ARGH! That's the risk I was willing to take cause I didn't want to buy a bunch of vials and then not use them and have all that $$$ invested in it. So, oh well. I ask about my 2nd choice, Mr. Professor. "Uh, he just reached his 4 family limit." Oh, crud! And then my 3rd & 4th choices were not available yet. So, the Director gave me an hour to read new profiles, choose a new donor and get back to him so he'd have time to get it ready and to Fed Ex on time! Lucky for me, there were TWO donors even better than Mr. Australia, my 1st choice, so I was MORE than happy to choose either one of them. I was planning on alternating each month, but Mr. Tall & Skinny knocked me up on the 1st attempt.

I did make one miscalculation, though, that I'm a bit upset about. I should have planned better. I didn't realize that midwives will TAKE insurance, but require the whole amount before 36 weeks - I thought insurance would take care of 70% right off the bat, and now I'm very, very poor since I'll have to come up with the full $4,500 by May So much for Christmas gifts this year! I'm going to be very cash poor until insurance reimburses me after the baby's birth in July (I hope to see money in September, October), but I have a choice of 4 different midwives (both homebirth & birth centers), and they are all good. I saw a newer licensed midwife last night and like her much better than the other two CNM's I've interviewed. Plus her Center was VERY nice, just beautiful. It's a restored Craftsman cottage (but huge, like 8 bedrooms), and it's done up just beautifully. I felt instantly relaxed, unlike at the other places - one was rather sterile, with pink rooms with crucifixes on them (rather freaky, frankly) and the other is decorated in Victorian style with gilded furniture and old porceline dolls and Victorian style paintings and also pink/mauve colore everywhere. I wonder if my insurance will even cover a licensed midwife over a CNM? I have one more to interview, an exclusively home birth CNM, and I'm seeing her next week. Wish me luck in choosing and in working with my stupid insurance company.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:10 PM

:bounc yYay! Madison's Having A... :bgbounc e

edited to add: Ok, I don't know why all the smilies didn't work?? But, hopefully you can tell how exuberantly overjoyed I am at your pregnancy! Congrats!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:54 PM

Madison,

I am a long time lurker and I just wanted to say how happy I am for you!! Congratulations. You will be a great mom. You should print out this thread for your dd or ds's baby book!
Old 11-08-2002, 06:10 AM

Aack! One disadvantage to being off-line for the most part is that I missed the big news when you announced it. Well, in any case, a belated huge, huge congratulations, and I am so very happy for you.

We've all been waiting for this moment with you! It seems so long overdue. Much love to you.

Oh, and we relate to insurance woes. We have new insurance that only pays 80% of all my diabetic supplies, as well as hospital stays, etc. With this kind of care, I can't afford to stay alive LOL. One way or another, we'll both figure it out.

Again, I am so very happy for you and look forward to hearing all about your journies.

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:47 AM

============
Old 11-08-2002, 11:56 PM

congrats madison. it sure is great when one sticks. especially when you get a better donor than you thought : )

the insurance stuff is not so great, but you'll probaby forget all about it after a few months (well, you won't remeber anything, isn't that a happy thought?)

good luck with eating and everything.
seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 11-11-2002, 01:00 AM

Madison,

I'm new to the boards, so I don't know your whole story, but congratulations!! It only took me six tries to get pregnant (but the second try was a very early miscarriage and I had to wait an extra month to try again).

Anyway, enjoy your pregnancy! I know what you're going through, wondering what the baby will look like (with the unknown donor factor). I, too, felt that way. Well, my son is the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. And yes, I am biased, but I have had enough other people tell me he is exceptionally good looking that I know it's not just me (ha ha).

Actually, it's funny. He looks so much like me as a baby (he's cuter, I think), I wonder how much the donor figured into it at all. Of course looks change over time. Good luck with everything!
Old 11-23-2002, 01:41 AM

CONGRATULATIONS, Madison! I'm very rarely online anymore, but what great news to find on this rare visit! Enjoy every moment as much as possible. It's amazing how fast it flys by. I'm looking at a three year birthday coming up soon!

Treat yourself great!

Vicki
(We almost met in Oregon!)
Old 11-25-2002, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

HOOSKY! Wow, a blast from the past I still regret not meeting, LOL! Thank you very much for the well wishes, I'm as happy as a pig in mud!

Old 11-28-2002, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by madison
HOOSKY! Wow, a blast from the past

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:02 AM

woooo hoooo hooo!!!!!!!!
i was just thinking of you this weekend and wondering if you were inseminating or pg. so i decided to come here and check and what do i find???? congratulations, madison. what a long journey it has been to this blessed event.

i wish you a happy, healthy, (relatively) comfortable pregnancy. i just hit 20 weeks myself.

are you sure your insurance won't reimburse til after the birth? our MW uses something called the midwives billing service (MBS) that apparently a lot of homebirth MWs use. she bills for things in bunches, not all at the end. for instance, she is billing now for the visists we have had so far. so altho her fee is $3000 all together for everything including the birth (sheesh, sister...$4500!!!! damn L.A. midwives!! ) she bills as though each visit is seperate (she actually has a seperate fee for each visit, and for the birth). something to look into. our insurance sucks...we're hoping to get 70% back, but are not counting on it. luckily we got a good deal on our doula. it is all very very worth it to have the birth we want.

much love to you.
d.

User Tag List