Lesbian fluff thread! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 09-16-2005, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I've been MIA so this is why I'm late with this reply. Don't worry Adina, there's some pregnancy, parenting stuff in here

Now...I was SEETHING, ENRAGED, INSULTED and BETRAYED by Tina's birth

The next day I searched for the writers' email addresses in an effort to send them a scathing email but all I found was a general email for Showtime.

Do you know what added insult to injury? It wasn't just that they decided to show what happens in few homebirths (and by the way, it was never clear if that woman was a midwife. I thought she was a home health care nurse). It was that they did that in the very same episode where they profiled Gloria Steinman, a mother of women's empowerment!!! I was shocked and chagrined!! Surely Ms. Steinam didn't read the script. I don't want to think she did and just didn't care.

Furthermore, homebirth and midwives have become such an important part in lesbians and how they choose to give birth. So many midwives who are not lesbians have been able to provide non-discriminatory and healing care for lesbians becoming moms that the show really missed a great educational opportunity here.

Last year I couldn't wait for the second season premiere of the show. I've been an avid fan from day one. Now I could care less. Last season, the writing wasn't as good and besides Carmen being the hottest thing on TV ( ), they didn't make her as substantive as I thought she would be.

A great disappointment
#32 of 47 Old 10-01-2005, 11:45 PM

I agree about the birth on the last episode of season 2 of L Word. I even believe that something terrible happened to Tina, which they'll reveal at the beginning of season 3. I mean, where the heck was she?????? Bette's holding the baby, visiting with everyone and Tina is.....?????

I was furious! They may even have lost me. They sure will if they made Tina pay some hideous medical price for her birth. I think it stinks.

And if I didn't totally have the hots for Shane, I would've quit watching a long time ago.

Oh, and I think the Jenny character is slightly creepy. Don't like her.

And did I mention that I have the hots for Shane? :LOL
#33 of 47 Old 10-03-2005, 11:48 AM

HippoMommy,

I read somewhere else, I think on the "TV" thread, that someone saw a preview of what is to come and she said she saw scenes of Tina breastfeeding, Bette and Tina co-sleeping with baby and Kitt "wearing" the baby. I'll be absolutely amazed if Bette and Tina are actually co-sleeping, instead of just having babe in the bed with them for a quick second and then putting her in the crib. We'll see if Tina and/or Bette gets frustrated with any aspect of AP and give up.

If any of the above is true, then it really boggles my mind why they would screw up the homebirth and then have them AP???? : I just don't get it. Were they paid off by ACOG? Were some of the writers swayed by ob/gyn friends? I mean really??!! It just makes me mad every time I think about it!

As for Shane, I just don't get it. Sorry, but those bones have to go. I find nothing attractive about seeing a woman's rib cage I think of all the characters, Shane should never be allowed to undress during a love scene. I know a lot of women are attracted to her attitude but I don't get that either.

Now Carmen I really can't stand that she hooked up with Shane. I'd like to see Carmen with Bette (not in a relationship, necessarily ). Unfortunately, as with so many physically gorgeous women, she provides very little intellectual stimulation, which may be why she is with Shane :LOL

OK, HippoMommy, I'm done taking shots at your girl
#34 of 47 Old 10-03-2005, 05:04 PM

:LOL Okay, Ebony! I'm really glad to hear that they may not have messed with Tina (though my DP can't stand her character and would watch the show more if she was gone . . . .).

As for Shane, well, I have *always* had the hots for the butchy, tormented artistic types (you know, the ones who are really, really, really bad in relationships???). And it's not her ribcage, so much as her beautiful face and hands that get me. I also LOVED when she stood up to that nasty Camryn Manheim character. She's smart and gorgeous and passionate. I like. . . .

As for Carmen, I just don't get it. So she's okay looking, but . . . . There is no there there.

Must be a butch/femme thing for me.
#35 of 47 Old 10-06-2005, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoMommy
:
As for Shane, well, I have *always* had the hots for the butchy, tormented artistic types (you know, the ones who are really, really, really bad in relationships???).
Ahhhhhhhh, it all makes sense to me now, you are one of those women :LOL

I've never found that attractive. I'm actually bored by those types, the story is always the same. I find no intrigue with them. But then you have the whole butch/femme thing going, too. :LOL Can't say I have that issue either. I'm actually one of those femme-in-appearance girls but quite masculine and mostly attracted to femmes, though not high femmes
#36 of 47 Old 10-06-2005, 10:25 PM

:LOL Gotcha!

My DP told me yesterday that she thinks I'm an amphibian because Catherine Zeta-Jones (in her Zorro movie role) does zippo for me.

I thought that was a cheap shot.

However, I did nearly crash my car looking at the billboard of Angelina Jolie for Mr. & Mrs. Smith, though. Go figure.

Hey, they're both really great moms, aren't they????
#37 of 47 Old 10-09-2005, 02:47 AM

Ahhhhhh...you know some people find me strange because while I may think a woman is beautiful, that doesn't mean she has sex appeal. Halle Berry is the perfect example of someone who I think is absolutely gorgeous but I don't find her sexy. As a matter of fact, there are few women, famous or not, who I find really sexy. I think Nona Gaye (daughter of Marvin Gaye) is so sexy. Oh, and I don't know why exactly, but I LOVE Chloe Sevigny I just think there is something about her.
#38 of 47 Old 03-07-2007, 06:50 PM

I just wanted to bump this up because I saw a show on TLC on Monday called My Life as a Child. Looking online, it seems I saw the episode titled "family affair". The show gives video cameras to children and follows them around during various time periods. On this episode, there was a 2 mom family with two daughters (one teen and one about age 10), a family with a single mom and her son (her ex/his father lives in France), and a family with a single mom and her adopted daughter of another race.
I'm wondering if anyone else watched this show because I found it very interesting. I missed the first 10 minutes or so, so I'm not sure how each family began, but I thought it might be something lesbian moms would want to see.

Of course, I'm always up for chatter about the L Word, too, but it seems it has to be parenting related...so let's talk about Bette/Tina, Shane/Shay, and any other mom-related stuff on the L Word.

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
#39 of 47 Old 03-10-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamitzer View Post
I just wanted to bump this up because I saw a show on TLC on Monday called My Life as a Child. Looking online, it seems I saw the episode titled "family affair". The show gives video cameras to children and follows them around during various time periods. On this episode, there was a 2 mom family with two daughters (one teen and one about age 10), a family with a single mom and her son (her ex/his father lives in France), and a family with a single mom and her adopted daughter of another race.
I'm wondering if anyone else watched this show because I found it very interesting. I missed the first 10 minutes or so, so I'm not sure how each family began, but I thought it might be something lesbian moms would want to see.

Of course, I'm always up for chatter about the L Word, too, but it seems it has to be parenting related...so let's talk about Bette/Tina, Shane/Shay, and any other mom-related stuff on the L Word.
Yeah, I saw a commercial for that TLC show, but didn't get a chance to tune in. It did look really interesting.

Re: The L Word: It kind of bummed me out when Tina & Bette (Tibette) broke up. I was pg when Tina was (LOL! As if she's real! ), & I was really looking forward to seeing more parenting story lines since my dd is the same age as their fictitious one! Anyway, I wish they'd do more parenting storylines, but then I guess that the show wouldn't be exciting enough! I do like Marlee Matlin as Jodi, though. Good for Bette. And Shane ..... Oh, be still my beating heart! I almost cried when Shay left w/the dad & Shane fell to the ground outside her house! Yeah, I'm a sucker for emotional butches!

Congrats on your dp's pg!! 11/9 is always a special day for me. Not only is it my bro's b-day, that's the day I conceived dd in '04! (IUI) Good luck!

Proud WOHM veggie mom to Alina 7/29/05 & partner, Jackie, since 2001, m/c 1/2009
#40 of 47 Old 03-10-2007, 06:35 AM

Well we are currently finishing up watching season 2 on Netflix and I'm excited to resee the bith scene. I missed part of it due to a fussy baby last time!

I cried soo bad when the miscarriage happened. It just broke my heart and I felt the pain so bad.

As far as the parenting styles, I hope that they do stick with AP. I'm not sure that they will show that much of the style due to the fact that the show is not based around the baby.

Jenny is for sure a little creepy now with her hair all cut off. I felt sad for her when she was fired for being gay. A went off that day to the tv.

Shane -- not liking her as much either because she's sooo tiny.

the guy rooming with shane and jenny...god he's a creep ass.

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#41 of 47 Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
I cried soo bad when the miscarriage happened. It just broke my heart and I felt the pain so bad.
me too. i was sooooooo emotional at the time and so that didn't help at all

and gamitzer - congrats on the pregnancy! we tested positive on 3/7/05, EDD was 11/10 and babe was born on 11/11/05

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#42 of 47 Old 03-20-2007, 03:27 AM

Does anyone know what Episode the birth is on in season two?

#43 of 47 Old 03-20-2007, 10:43 AM

It's the last episode, actually.

enjoy!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#44 of 47 Old 03-24-2007, 07:41 AM

Thanks!

#45 of 47 Old 07-18-2007, 10:51 AM

Is anyone else a fan of Andrea Parker from The Pretender? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0662042/

I have to admit, I don't like The L Word. : I tried to like it. DP and I watched the first 2 seasons from Netflix, and then we just couldn't bring ourselves to watch anymore.
#46 of 47 Old 07-19-2007, 07:56 PM

i liked the first season of the L word but haven't really watched it since.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#47 of 47 Old 07-19-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayo de sol View Post
Is anyone else a fan of Andrea Parker from The Pretender? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0662042/

I have to admit, I don't like The L Word. : I tried to like it. DP and I watched the first 2 seasons from Netflix, and then we just couldn't bring ourselves to watch anymore.
Oh, dear, someone else likes the pretender? Yes "Ms Parker" was so hot.... I usually go for butchier girls rather than the high-heels power-suit kinda thing, but she always got me.

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page