Single queer mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 07-08-2005, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Who out there is single and queer? I'm just feeling a little lost in all the partners threads

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 45 Old 07-08-2005, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here... I thought I was the only one left. Being alone is not a choice but I am unable to connect with anyone. Most of my friends are straight and the ones that are gay have fewer contacts than I do....

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#3 of 45 Old 07-08-2005, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

I know a lot of lesbians but they are all either partnered or not my type. I have been dating a little bit, but nothing *real* yet.

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#4 of 45 Old 07-08-2005, 09:23 PM

Lucky you to be dating... It's been so long that I feel like a born-again virgin!

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#5 of 45 Old 07-08-2005, 11:54 PM

Kim, I'm definately a born-again virgin. I think I can honestly say I haven't had sex this year.... :

Wemoon~ Hi there! I'm still single too... I was gonna go have coffee at the local hangout and maybe strike up a conversation with the hot barista but I chickened out. :
#6 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Deja I am sorry I have not replied to your last email... I've had... erm... a busy week :LOL My kids were at my mom's house for 3 nights and perhaps we could say that I definitely am not feeling like a born again virgin

#7 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaSu
Kim, I'm definately a born-again virgin. I think I can honestly say I haven't had sex this year.... :

:
: :LOL : :LOL : :LOL

You think thats a long time?

: :LOL : :LOL : :LOL

Seriously?
#8 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemoon
Who out there is single and queer? I'm just feeling a little lost in all the partners threads

I posted this like a month ago, turned out pretty much all of the SP board was gay! :LOL

Seriously?
#9 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 02:16 AM

Single lesbian here... some days I'm really happy about being single, other days I'm not. I've gone through my "sowing my wild oats" thing, and I'm done. I'm ready for something else, but I just am not meeting anyone right now.

Sigh...it's been 11 months since I've had sex ( a record for me).
#10 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 03:14 AM

Quote:
:LOL Please!

Count with me...1, 2, 3, 4...5. Years that is.

Hell...I'm not even sure I count as queer any more, but Obviously I'm single

There is a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen~
#11 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 03:19 AM

I'm here too!

I haven't been laid since months before I got pregnant. And my kid is 20 mos old. Geez. Nobody wants to a pregnant girl, as I found out (by begging just about everyone I knew). And now I've got this kid stapled to my tit...
#12 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 08:33 AM

Wemoon -
Hang in there girlie! sounds like you are making progress . Sorry I can't offer any help, other than say have you looked at the Curve personals? no kidding. My DP and I were lookin the other day for fun and were wow'ed by how cute and cool everyone sounded Take a look and let us know!

Medusa -
Since you live super-close to me, you wanna be "fixed up"? Aw come on! It would be fun! I could even offer to babysit while I send you on one blind date a week with my disfunctional friends. :LOL
We have a Rainbow Parents group here in town, and there are a couple of unpartnered moms in the group too. You want to join? we have a Yahoo group if you want to check that out.
#13 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 08:47 AM

#14 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama
I'm here too!

. Nobody wants to a pregnant girl, as I found out (by begging just about everyone I knew).
Oh I would! I think pregnant women are hot!!!
#15 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 10:17 AM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Single, bi, 5, no 6, years celibate. No real plans to change that, but sometimes I think about what if...

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#16 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

I would get with a pregnant girl for sure!

May May... got something to share?

I'm actually having a ton of fun being single. It may be one of those things I look back on and inwardly groan or it may be a time where I learn a lot about myself.

to everyone going on years with no sex... that really sucks. Sending ya some lovin' vibes!

#17 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 10:37 AM

I agree~ pregnant women are so beautiful. (I slept with one! )

Ok fine, 7 months might not be that long without any lovin' compared to some of you, but to me, it's the longest I've gone in 10 yrs....so it FEELS like an eternity.

Hmm, Satori...so what you're saying is let's all go hit on some SP board moms??

I've never dated. Period. I hooked up with stbx at 16 and hung on for dear life. So I'm pretty clueless. Wemoon, goddess of hooking up, please share your wisdom.

Peace
#18 of 45 Old 07-09-2005, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemoon
May May... got something to share?

Why, yes ma'am :
#19 of 45 Old 07-10-2005, 05:55 PM

Well come on spill it girl!
#20 of 45 Old 07-10-2005, 07:32 PM

I'm here and queer and happily single. I have no desire to date anytime in the near future, and with my new toys from A&E, I'm getting along just fine in the solo sex department.
#21 of 45 Old 07-10-2005, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Wemoon, goddess of hooking up, please share your wisdom.
I dunno how I do it.... women want me, what else can I say I feel like Shane on the L-word at times.... I don't quite get it because I don't feel like I'm doing anything but being me

#22 of 45 Old 07-10-2005, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit
I'm getting along just fine in the solo sex department.

yeah, but can they beat being held by the one you love? I had forgotten how much I missed that till last night, dd snugged up to me while sleeping and held me like a lover would and it was so sweet. Reminded me of what I was missing.

Seriously?
#23 of 45 Old 07-10-2005, 09:41 PM

#24 of 45 Old 07-10-2005, 10:15 PM

I was just thinking the other night how glad I was that we cosleep so at least I have physical contact with another person. It is so sweet to cuddle in bed. And my ex never slept with me/us, so I don't miss him.
#25 of 45 Old 07-10-2005, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by May May
Women are so incredible.

#26 of 45 Old 07-11-2005, 09:42 PM

ill join you in here.. im single queer AND pregnant *sigh*

but im enjoying being a single momma and being pregnant, but i wouldnt mind dating once in a while :LOL

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#27 of 45 Old 07-12-2005, 12:16 AM

Mama Fern~

I just had to say your son is absolutely adorable! I'm sure you hear it all the time, but he has awesome hair.

(And his mom's pretty cute too! )
#28 of 45 Old 07-12-2005, 02:43 AM

Hi all,
Single queer mama here. Mine is 2.5+ and when people ask if I am dating I crack up. With what time?????? And as for sex.....well luckily I am still bf'ing because it sure puts the kabosh on strong urges...THANK GODDESS. Pre mamahood I dont think I went two days without at least doin myself and now if I get even slightly horny once a month it is shocking. I sowed so many many wild oats in my time tho.....and I had a blast but it just isn't where I am at now. I would love a partner, but I cannot see finding one at this stage and thats ok. I do miss intimacy tho.....
and some other things that would get this thread deleted.
I am so lucky tho to get to experience being so in love with my Bliss. I never knew it would be so head over heels.....pretty amazing stuff.

p.s satori you crack me up
#29 of 45 Old 07-12-2005, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Mama Fern~

I just had to say your son is absolutely adorable! I'm sure you hear it all the time, but he has awesome hair.

(And his mom's pretty cute too! )
i do hear it a lot, but i agree so it doesnt bother me. he is an amazing child! and as for me being cute, lots of people say that but it doesnt seem to do me much good.. i think i need a bumper sticker that says " yep, im a mom and im big with child but i still wanna date you!" :LOL

well, im going to the folkfest this weekend and its queer central if there ever was one, so maybe ill make myself up a shirt or something. im always falling in love with 500 people when i go to the festival. i wear my heart on my big toe.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#30 of 45 Old 07-13-2005, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kincaid

Medusa -
Since you live super-close to me, you wanna be "fixed up"? Aw come on! It would be fun! I could even offer to babysit while I send you on one blind date a week with my disfunctional friends. :LOL
We have a Rainbow Parents group here in town, and there are a couple of unpartnered moms in the group too. You want to join? we have a Yahoo group if you want to check that out.

Does the fact that I was so spooked by idea of getting fixed up with someone spooked me so much I couldn't even reply to this thread say something bad about me :

I am intersted in the Rainbow Parents group though. (In a totally platonic, not triggering my commitment issues kinda way. )

There is a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page