Rollcall! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-20-2005, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This forum was so busy a little while back...where did everyone go?

I've been crazy busy undertaking homeschooling...and WAHing, but I want to say HI!

Come out and play mamas!

There is a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen~
#2 of 23 Old 10-21-2005, 01:56 AM

Hanging on and off, checking these threads occasionally........ Dp & I got to see Betty (that band from the L-Word tonight)While Dd hung out w/Auntie Val playing legos. They totally rocked!
#3 of 23 Old 10-21-2005, 11:41 AM

still here, reading every-so-often. I just started charting regularly and we are planning to (hopefully) start inseminations next summer.

Hope everyone is doing well.
#4 of 23 Old 10-21-2005, 02:13 PM

still here lurking fairly often...I'm back at school & dw is back at work so we're a bit busier than before :
#5 of 23 Old 10-21-2005, 02:18 PM

Hey, still here, and still queer

There aren't usually any threads in here I can relate too. I don't have a partner, and I'm not TTC but I do check from time to time to see if there is anything I can relate to.
#6 of 23 Old 10-21-2005, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb123

There aren't usually any threads in here I can relate too. I don't have a partner, and I'm not TTC but I do check from time to time to see if there is anything I can relate to.
THAT I can relate to! :LOL

There is a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen~
#7 of 23 Old 10-22-2005, 01:43 AM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Still here, still queer, & still single. Working full-time, going to school full-time, also mama to the Dumplings and caring for my Mama. Yes, the plate is full, but I drop by now and then.

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#8 of 23 Old 10-22-2005, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb123

What she said.
#9 of 23 Old 10-25-2005, 03:23 PM

I'm still around, but haven't been even lurking as much as I was.

My DW and I have pushed back TTC until next April, so it has been easier for me to not think about it as much by coming to the board less frequently.

I'm sure I'll be on more as we get closer to April
#10 of 23 Old 10-27-2005, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I check into here once in awhile. Busy with life, you know meeting someone and becoming girlfriends kinda takes away from the internet life Yup... I did meet someone and I'm so, so, so happy to have met her!

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#11 of 23 Old 10-27-2005, 12:26 PM

My partner (she's wandering around MDC somewhere) and I are TTC our first. We're in the two week wait right now; hopefully this is the one!

Susan

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
#12 of 23 Old 10-28-2005, 04:03 AM

still here, but haven't checked for ages. We are trying to conceive no 3 and have had our first cycle try. We are in the two week wait period too...

good luck to all those ttc mumas!!!
#13 of 23 Old 10-28-2005, 09:10 AM

to all those TTC!!!
#14 of 23 Old 10-28-2005, 09:12 AM

I'm here. Checking in pretty frequently. 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, working too damn hard for #3! Currently on our first IVF cycle, and a little scared since we said we would never let it go this far, but the family just doesn't seem complete.

I am a sahm and dp travels a lot for work. Nice to see other two mom families here.

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

#15 of 23 Old 10-28-2005, 04:25 PM

That's so funny. I read the post from PixelDust (before I saw it was her) and was so excited to see another queer mama to be in the 2ww with us. uhh, duh. Hey, Babe! Hey to everyone else too!

ETA: I guess I should have read the whole thread first. I *do* get to be excited to see another qm in the 2ww with us! -> Witt!
#16 of 23 Old 10-30-2005, 05:03 AM

good luck julieanne and susan
Your first huh? Lots of warm fuzzie fertile thoughts coming your way. I found it especially stressful trying to conceive our first. I think once you already have a couple it's easier............ I kind of think well I'm just going to take it as it comes. I've had a couple of miscarriages before.........so we'll see what happens.

But hey an exciting journey ,I'm thinking of you both

Actually we pick up our puppy tomorrow, been waiting 8 months for her so it is VERY exciting. So we have a new member of the family arriving ........ my nearly 5 year old is VERY VERY excited.
#17 of 23 Old 10-30-2005, 05:10 AM

good luck julieanne and susan
Your first huh? Lots of warm fuzzie fertile thoughts coming your way. I found it especially stressful trying to conceive our first. I think once you already have a couple it's easier............ I kind of think well I'm just going to take it as it comes. I've had a couple of miscarriages before.........so we'll see what happens.

But hey an exciting journey ,I'm thinking of you both

Actually we pick up our puppy tomorrow, been waiting 8 months for her so it is VERY exciting. So we have a new member of the family arriving ........ my nearly 5 year old is VERY VERY excited.

edited to add: our ai (at home fresh sperm) date was 22 October. Very similar to yours
#18 of 23 Old 11-03-2005, 11:20 PM

we're here. No connection at home so I have become much a lurker, since on my rare visits to the web there's either not much i want to comment on or much time to comment...
#19 of 23 Old 11-05-2005, 03:55 AM

It's been ages since i've been able to make time for comments!!!!
i had to move out of my mom's, cuz she's nuts!, but who's mom isn't , and i am taking classes onine, so when i do have a lil free time(and i mean a lil) the last thing i wanna do is spend it online. tonight i am "insomniac jayme" so i thought i'd drop in. i miss it a lot! i remember feeling so validated when i used to visit more often. i don't know about you guys, but really only spend time with my fam, and they seem to be pretty homophobic, but i get isolated even when i spend time with them. i like comming here and "being:" with women who seem to get me

anyway i'm still single and in school and in love with my finoa, who just turned 1yr in oct. can you believe how fast they grow!!!! i never understood that saying until i had to start telling people she i a whole year old...gotta update my sig.
#20 of 23 Old 11-06-2005, 03:39 AM

what ever happened to Madison? Anyone know or remember? She used to be a big poster, then had a baby .......... just curious
#21 of 23 Old 11-07-2005, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt
what ever happened to Madison? Anyone know or remember? She used to be a big poster, then had a baby .......... just curious

I was wondering the same thing...
#22 of 23 Old 11-26-2005, 05:38 PM

Took a hiatus while TTC - too stressful to be around so many easily fertile people. Now, too busy to come by often with two babies at home !!

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#23 of 23 Old 11-30-2005, 01:35 AM

DW and I just had our first on the 11th of this month - we are so in love with him! Never checked this area before; just curious what I would find. . .

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page