Any folks near Petaluma, CA? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2005, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

My partner and I, and our 19 month old daughter, just moved to Petaluma, CA, and I was wondering if there are any other moms with tots in the area. We'd love to meet some folks nearby... We moved from a very conservative area of PA this past summer and I'm so excited to be in a place where there are other families like ours... at least I think there are! I wasn't sure if I should post this in the local boards or here, but... I was specifically hoping to contact other LGBT families, so... I thought this was the better place. Oh, and Happy Halloween!

~Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 01:54 PM

Our family lives in Oakland. (about 45 minutes away from Petaluma). We have some queer friends who live in your town. 2 kids.

What do you think of your new town? My partner grew up in Norristown, PA.

Anna
Old 11-04-2005, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

We really love it here... it is so beautiful, and so nice to be living in a place where people don't look at us funny when we call ourselves a family! I miss the vibrant fall colors a bit (grew up in Bucks County, PA) but it is gorgeous here in the fall too... we went to see the vineyards-- with the vines changing colors. Awaiting the winter rains that we keep hearing about... and wondering what that will be like and when it will come. Trying to be outdoors and cherish the dry weather while we have it. Any tips on must-do things in the Bay Area with a toddler?

~Jen
Old 11-04-2005, 07:26 PM

Hi, we live in Mill Valley (Marin County) so we are about 30mins from you. Our favorite kid things are Train Town in Sonoma, Muir and Stinson Beach, Discovery Museum in Saulsilito, Angel Island, Zoos in both Oakland and SF - the list goes on but i'll stop there :-) I have heard Safari West in Santa Rosa is fun. There is a HUGE and great park in Santa Rosa whose name escapes me but it's great - boating, petting zoo, merry go round and tons of play structures. Have fun discovering the Bay Area!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

THANKS! We just visited the Discovery Museum today and had so much fun! I hadn't ever been to that area before-- it was so beautiful. Now I want to go back and go hiking in the Marin Headlands... are there some reasonable trails there?

Oh... and when does the rain come exactly???

~Jen
Old 11-07-2005, 08:14 PM

Hi! We are also in the Bay Area- in Walnut Creek- about an hour away. We have 3 kids and ttc#4.
The rains will be here very soon! So get ready...be sure your gutters and storm drains are clean
There are some wonderful organizations in the Bay Area for "rainbow" families. If you'd like to know more, PM me and I'll give you contact info.Take care!
Old 11-09-2005, 05:32 PM

Welcome! Our family is two moms and a 17 month old. We're in San Jose, so more than an hour away, but I was born in PA (Cooks Forest)!

We intend to come up that way for the Safari place, Train Town, and the Discovery Museum so we do get up that way.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:30 PM

There are great trails in the Headlands. One of my favorites to do with my preschooler and baby in jog stroller is Tennessee Valley. There is a pretty flat fire road 1.5 miles out to a beach. Lots to explore around there!

User Tag List