anyone near Boston? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-08-2005, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hoping to find other couples with children that live in the Boston area. Our son is three, and I would like to have him get to know other kids with two Mommies...thanks
#2 of 7 Old 11-08-2005, 01:00 PM

We're in Cambridge. DS is a bit over two and a half. We're always looking for other two mom families to meet! PM me if you like.

Take care,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#3 of 7 Old 11-09-2005, 02:50 PM

We live in Western Mass., but come to Cambridge all the time because my parents live there. Speaking of that. . . we're actually going to be there this Saturday (and my parents aren't), and the boys and I are looking for something to do while dw goes shopping with her sister for wedding/bridesmaid dresses all day. Anyone want to get together? My parents' house is in the Huron village near Fresh Pond, but we can easily get just about anywhere that the T goes. Don't know what the weather's going to be like, but we could meet up at a park somewhere if it's nice out (wish I could offer my parents' house as a place to meet, but I don't know that they'd appreciate that!).

Anyone gonna be around?

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#4 of 7 Old 11-11-2005, 10:26 PM

Well, we're right in the Huron Village area. We have music together in the morning but will most probably (barring bad weather, crazy meltdowns, etc) head to Raymond Park around 10:30 or 11. It's down Walden street towards Mass Ave. DS is 2.5 with super white hair, although he'll probably be in a red hat and red and orange winter coat. DW and I are young looking, usually the only lesbian moms at the park. Hopefully we'll see you, Lex, and anyone else there.

Take care,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#5 of 7 Old 11-12-2005, 09:37 AM

Great, Megin! We'll plan to see you there! Raymond park is the park of my childhood (though it looks like the equipment is much cooler these days), but I've never brought my boys there. I'm sure they'll love it!

We'll probably be there closer to 11:00.

The boys will be wearing green and yellow fleece coats, and we've got a bright orange double jogging stroller.

Looking forward to it!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#6 of 7 Old 11-12-2005, 02:56 PM

Oh no! I think we missed you. We were late and I didn't actually check here beforehand, so I didn't quite know who to look for. I hope that you enjoyed taking the boys to your childhood park. We sure love it there!

take care,
megin

#7 of 7 Old 02-03-2006, 01:19 AM

You may want to contact Fenway Community Health Center in Boston; they have a great listing of LGBT families who want to connect. I taught the birth classes for lesbians there for a long time before moving. Best of luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page