lesbian mums ttc or pregnant roll call - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#211 of 228 Old 07-24-2007, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the warm welcomes, folks.

It is rather frustrating that between the HCG trigger and the prometrium we can get totally faked out by false symptoms, isn't it?

So, I'm telling myself not to take anything seriously until I see a positive beta!

Lexbeach - My doc actually usually does 2 IUIs, esp with her patients using fresh / free sperm. However, since we're paying for it, and since she said it would increase our odds, but not double them, we decided to just do one, at least this first cycle.

We might change our minds later, but right now, money is a major concern for us, and our doc didn't think it would be cost effective.

(The sperm is 1/3 - 1/2 our cost per cycle, depending on what works out w/the insurance.)

Our doc is out of network on my insurance, and I'm in the process of figuring out just how crappy the coverage is (and whether they are going to bill me for the balance after insurance pays 50% of what THEY think it should have cost - which is way less than what the doc bill!) and we might have to switch to an in-network RE much farther away.

Grrr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 228 Old 12-07-2007, 03:02 PM

Hello all. I am so new that I can't even find my way to the end of this thread. My partner and I just started TTC in November, but we inseminated too early. We are using a known donor who is shipping sperm to us with the Biotranz kit. I am eager to hear about others who have conceived using sperm that was "refrigerated" for shipment after being mixed with test yolk buffer. Also, if knows of other alternatives for shipping fresh sperm, I'd love to know about them.

Thanks so much.
#213 of 228 Old 12-07-2007, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Welcome, Hopingforbaby! I'm using frozen sperm, so I don't know anything about the egg buffer thingy, but I do know that all of us Trying to conceive are hanging out in the Queer TTC December thread. Come Join Us

Here's the link if you're still having trouble with navigation
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=801953

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#214 of 228 Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 PM

My DP and I are shipping as well with the TYB. We are not pregnant yet...I have not read about many people shipping fresh sperm. You and I may be the only ones on this site...our midwife says the TYB is safe. Obviously it is best to have the donor nearby...we do what we can.

I use the NW Cryobank for shipments, but I am sure the kits are similar.
#215 of 228 Old 02-19-2008, 04:21 AM

Hi

I dont' remember if I posted here before, but I'm knee-deep in another TWW. This is my 5th cycle, but my 4th of insems, as I got a little crazy, and took cycle #4 off.
Nice to meet you all
#216 of 228 Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 PM

HI
I am new here. We have been ttc for a year and a half. After our last unsuccessful IUI we decided to meet with the doctor and explore our options. We are thinking that we will have to do IVF, but will talk to the doctor in 2 weeks. I am really glad to have found this forum

Loving wife to Kate. So in love with Amelia. Born August 14, 2009
#217 of 228 Old 02-20-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigone View Post
Hi

I dont' remember if I posted here before, but I'm knee-deep in another TWW. This is my 5th cycle, but my 4th of insems, as I got a little crazy, and took cycle #4 off.
Nice to meet you all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM630 View Post
HI
I am new here. We have been ttc for a year and a half. After our last unsuccessful IUI we decided to meet with the doctor and explore our options. We are thinking that we will have to do IVF, but will talk to the doctor in 2 weeks. I am really glad to have found this forum
Hey folks,

Welcome! This particular thread is not very active or up to date. Since you're both ttc-ing, you might want to join the Queer TTC thread, located here:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=839884

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#218 of 228 Old 02-27-2008, 06:20 PM

Pregnant here, my EDD is September 18. I wish I could say that I'm pregnant with a partner, but I became pregnant before coming out to my husband and before our separation. So the pregnancy is with him, but I'm happy to have baby number two coming either way!
#219 of 228 Old 10-17-2008, 07:48 PM

Hello everybody!
My partner and I have been together almost 12 years and have decided to have a baby. I've done so much research!!! I didnt have a period for 1 1/2 yrs and found out I have a small benign tumor on my pituitary gland. That's what threw off my period!! Started taking bromocriptine and periods are back!! Endocrinologist says I can go ahead and try now! I've been looking at sperm banks and am considering at home insemination. Any advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated!!
#220 of 228 Old 10-18-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc0205 View Post
Hello everybody!
My partner and I have been together almost 12 years and have decided to have a baby. I've done so much research!!! I didnt have a period for 1 1/2 yrs and found out I have a small benign tumor on my pituitary gland. That's what threw off my period!! Started taking bromocriptine and periods are back!! Endocrinologist says I can go ahead and try now! I've been looking at sperm banks and am considering at home insemination. Any advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated!!
Hey, this thread is way ancient, now we have a monthly thread, like Queer TTC in October: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=975885

And there's a separate Queer & Pregnant thread (just make sure you find the newest one).

Welcome aboard!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#221 of 228 Old 02-22-2009, 02:55 AM

I had my first ever insem on Feb. 6. It was so exciting! I've been waiting to start TTC for years!

I tested negative early this morning, and I'm totally getting my period. I'm so sad about it. It's my very first try, so it's to be expected, but I'm so disappointed. Ironically, when I find out I'm NOT pregnant, it means I have PMS, and consequently feel like crying anyway.

I guess it goes without saying that I really wanted to have conceived my baby.

Focus forward to next month...

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#222 of 228 Old 02-22-2009, 01:58 PM

I had my first ever IUI on Feb 11. We tested positive with a hpt this morning. So we are just barely pregnant with our first! And very excited about it! :-)
And yes this thread is WAY old but I thought I'd post it here too!

Denyel & Kate Bond - Black Belt Mamas to Dekaylee born 10/29/09 - And parents to our 4-legged family including 1 Dog "Hank", 2 cats "Boris & Ahmi", and 5 Beautiful Alpacas!!
#223 of 228 Old 02-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Wow, congratulations and yay for the cool beginners luck!

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#224 of 228 Old 02-27-2009, 05:38 PM

Hi......am wife of to mum to be.......not really sure what else to say!! I am soooo happy and a little bit panicky.....we are 2 weeks since our BFP and i am worried/happy/scared/happy constantly!! any advice...
#225 of 228 Old 02-27-2009, 06:36 PM

Welcome wifeofmum2be and missme!

This is an old thread.

Check out the Queer TTC thread for all the queer women on this board trying to conceive.

and for pregnant queer mamas and their DPs, the fun is in the Queer and Pregnant thread

Come join us! :::

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#226 of 228 Old 02-27-2009, 06:38 PM

I'm locking this thread because it is so old, but everyone should feel free to check out the current Queer TTC and Queer & Pregnant threads on the first page of the forum.

Welcome to the newbies!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#227 of 228 Old 01-16-2014, 06:58 AM

Hello all! My wife and I are expecting our first in May. She has had 2 miscarriages so we are so excited that this baby has decided to stick around. Glad to meet other lesbian moms!

#228 of 228 Old 01-16-2014, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hello mariemajors! Welcome to Mothering and Queer Parenting! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

I would encourage you to join us over on the Queer Pregnant and Parenting thread.
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1395128/queer-pregnant-parenting-january-february-march-2014/0_30

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page