intro and question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2006, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been lurking here for a while and posted a couple of times on bi mama threads. My H and I are separating and I'm hoping to get involved in a queer community IRL -- something I regretted never doing while married.

I've had a few short relationships with women but have been living a very hetero life for the last 10 years.

Where do I start? I mean, as a mama with a 3 y.o. I want to meet other lesbian or bi women who are also mamas or at least not so young they can't fathom what being a mama is to me. (I'm 30 and it seems like many of my straight friends my age w/o kids have VERY different social lives than I do.)

I'm in LA, by the way, so I'm sure there's lots going on; I'm just unsure and kind of nervous about getting involved.

IRL are there coffee shops like the Planet on the L Word, where all the cool women hang out? That's where I want to be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2006, 04:34 AM

I can't be any help because I"m in New Zealand, but just wanted to say welcome and I hope your journey forward goes well........

It's a scary thing, taking a new step into a community where you haven't been before.

Good luck

Old 02-01-2006, 04:52 AM

I would check around and see if there is a "rainbow families" group in your area. That would definitely cue you in to the scene if there is one around.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witt

It's a scary thing, taking a new step into a community where you haven't been before.
No kidding! I was nervous even posting here, but I'm glad I took the plunge!

I was thinking about it though and realized that I've always found it hard to make friends IRL. Well, after college anyway.

Glad to have some online support!

User Tag List