Poly Families - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1038 Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
still here, still waiting for the right timing to search for someone new.
#242 of 1038 Old 11-12-2007, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
still here, still waiting for the right timing to search for someone new.
I'm not much for searching. I just kinda wait for them to fall into my lap
#243 of 1038 Old 01-03-2008, 08:08 PM

Subbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
Hi, I am in a theoretically poly/open marrige...... neither of us have been with anyone but each other since marrige though. We live with my FIL who is a pastor, so out of respect to him, we dont live "out" and openly. And also ds being so young puts a few constraints on us searching out that area of our life, because I don't feel comfortable leaving him with a sitter etc.

I am bi, and dh is straight. our ideal relationship would be a shared female partner, but to become a partner, it would take a "special" woman I think.

Both me and dh do our fair share of fun flirting though
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsmom View Post
I have been lurking in this thread for a while. Always hesitating to post bc I know several MDC mamas IRL. DH and I are only in the discussion phase of a poly relationship. And since I don't spend much time online (not knowing safe forums to visit) I figured MDC is a good place to start!
I have been with another woman and Dh and I have been with her as a 3some but she is not a possibility for what we are looking for. we ultimately would like to find another woman to join our family. This is all so new to both DH and I. I don't know where to start! Parenting style is our biggest factor for us. I am not interested in getting involved with anyone who isn't "on-board" with the AP lifestyle.

Anyway, I guess I am finally posting here to find some support in our journey into the next chapter in our lives. And maybe some suggestions of where we can start looking for that "special someone"!

for those who are in ploy relationships, where did you find that second person or couple? did it just happen or did you seek out in a forum or group?

I could have written these two posts.
It's good to hear that I may not have to actively look for someone to make us a triad.
Baby's up.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#244 of 1038 Old 01-17-2008, 05:52 PM

Hi all,

I've just gone through an increadibly stressful year attempting to have a Poly relationship work for my husband and I, as well as our Girlfriend.

I really wish I'd felt more comfortable posting here early on...ah well, hindight's 20/20 right?

I'd love if you could help me out with getting some perspective here by answering a few questions for me...

How many people are involved in your relationship(s)?

What are the dynamics of the relationships(s)?

When you first started dating, what boundaries were put in place (if you're still at the discusion/looking phase, what boundaries have been discused and agreed upon) ?

Who asked for said boundaries, and who did they affect?

Where they effective, were they respected, were they folowed?

Have those boundaries changed?

If so, at what point did they change, and why?

Thank you in advance to all who take the time to answer..
#245 of 1038 Old 01-17-2008, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
How many people are involved in your relationship(s)? What are the dynamics of the relationships(s)?
I live with my life-partner and co-parent, EnviroDaddy. We are open to other relationships. At this point, all that's going on is that I have a friend with occasional benefits--every few months or so.

Twice during our relationship, I've had another boyfriend I was pretty serious about. The first one was my main squeeze for about a year before I got together with EnviroDaddy (but it always was an open relationship, and in fact he encouraged EnviroDaddy and me to get together!) and for several months afterward, until he moved to another city. Then we had a long-distance relationship for another few years and occasional trysts after that, but EnviroDaddy became my main squeeze and eventually we began living together. The later other-boyfriend was long-distance the whole time.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dynamics", but basically EnviroDaddy and I are in love, we are a family, and we are pretty secure. We think love and sex are things that don't necessarily have to be exclusive. Sexually, we find that having "adventures" with other people makes things more exciting between us. Romantically, we find that spending time with other people reminds us how much WE have in common--I try not to make comparisons, but inevitably hanging around with another boyfriend brings up little disagreements about issues/practices on which EnviroDaddy and I agree, so when I come home to him I'm very pleased to have things go so smoothly.

Quote:
When you first started dating, what boundaries were put in place (if you're still at the discusion/looking phase, what boundaries have been discused and agreed upon)? Who asked for said boundaries, and who did they affect? Where they effective, were they respected, were they folowed? Have those boundaries changed?
Our rules have been the same all along:
1. Take reasonable safety precautions.
2. Come home when you said you would, and keep up with your family responsibilities.
3. Tell me all the important parts and as much of the juicy stuff as you feel like sharing.

We have no formal rules about approving each other's choice of partners or about what sexual practices are allowed. We trust each other's judgment, and we talk about things a lot. (Although it's lucky we're not getting much action these days, because with a chatty kid who doesn't sleep much, we rarely get to have private conversations anymore!)

HTH!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#246 of 1038 Old 01-18-2008, 02:28 AM

I'm stopping in as my situation is expained lightly in my signature, and I want to be sent update emails so I can keep up on this thread although I really don't have anything to say right now. other than; Hello everyone.

mom to boy 14, boy 5, angel.gif  11 week loss, 2ndtri.gif  Expecting a surprise in December! lactivist.gifintactivist.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifrocks.jpguc.jpg

#247 of 1038 Old 01-18-2008, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonduck View Post
So you think that there is little danger of someone rolling on a sleeping baby? That's what my partners are afraid of. Or that one of us would hurt the baby by accident. I'll read more about it on the co sleeping forum and then try to convince them after we get pregnant.
On the Co sleeping note: I think it's very safe if the bond is there. I don't worry anymore about my baby's dad rolling on him or even bumping him at night. There were a couple of harmless arm bumps at first but once the three of us got used to baby's presence outside me everything has been fine except baby usually ends up beteen us. I think that the fact that my baby's dad slept with his hand on my belly nightly, and the close proximity during pregnancy that he actually bonded and gained a sense of our sons presence as well. Of course he's a very sensitive person anyway.
On the poly note: Now the only problem I have is that I haven't managed to become intimate with my other man who was absent and our bed isn't big enough because he's huge from body building, and I would worry that the connection between him and baby is missing and he might be the one to worry about being next to our son. It's all just so complicated. So he and our oldest share a room at the moment until I/we all get more comfortable and settled into our new situation.

mom to boy 14, boy 5, angel.gif  11 week loss, 2ndtri.gif  Expecting a surprise in December! lactivist.gifintactivist.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifrocks.jpguc.jpg

#248 of 1038 Old 01-18-2008, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have a relationship with DH; our outside partners are mostly of the recreational variety. They're friends, but there's no serious romantic relationship. However there have been some guys who I've been very infatuated with at certain times. Usually the men get involved with both of us, women are usually just involved with DH. But there is variation.

When you first started dating, what boundaries were put in place (if you're still at the discusion/looking phase, what boundaries have been discused and agreed upon) ?

When I first started dating DH I basically told him that I was not going to have a monogamous relationship with him. I actually only found out recently that he did struggle with that concept quite a lot at first, because he never admitted it to me.

Our boundaries evolved over time but they have always been very loose. One of the biggest is that we promise to talk about it if we have any negative feelings about outside people - even if we said it was okay before. Of course, condom use. And we do try to talk about things beforehand if possible, but if something is spur of the moment it's okay.

They are flexible and have been negotiated/talked about by both of us.

Respected and followed - yes. Effective - I'm not sure what makes a boundary effective. If you mean, did they keep our relationship from being damaged, I would say yes. We find we are closer when we are talking a lot about boundaries and feelings.

Not really - sometimes we might have a specific rule for a specific situation and once I have vetoed somebody.

This is not my own personal experience, but the biggest mistake that I have seen people make is to agree not to 'fall in love' with the third (4th etc) person. Not only is that nearly impossible to quantify (how much love is too much?), it leads to lies, suspicion, and sneakiness. The other mistake is not continually talking about feelings. You have to be willing to change the rules if your 'primary' is uncomfortable.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#249 of 1038 Old 01-20-2008, 01:30 AM

I just wanted to say wow. I didn't know this thread existed and I'm happy I've found it now. I will just do a little intro of myself since I don't have much to add to previous convos. I'm almost 25, have been with my fiance(male)for 10 years, but over those years I've had girlfriends, some serious others not so much. We are both open to the other enjoying a relationship with another (female for me male for him, yes we're all kinds of bisexual.):nana: We don't have too many rules to our relationships except be safe, honest, and true to everyone involved. I am quite curious, for those of you with young children(perhaps my DCs ages)do you share your relationships, serious or otherwise with them? My oldest knows a bit about what we do but since she was born neither of us have had a serious relationship and I honestly don't want to bring anyone else into my children's lives if they're only going to be there short-term. Is this a common practice or am I being overly cautious?

Hello to everyone looking forward to getting to know you all.
#250 of 1038 Old 01-24-2008, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
I am quite curious, for those of you with young children(perhaps my DCs ages)do you share your relationships, serious or otherwise with them?
I only have sex with friends. Thus, anyone I am or might become sexually involved with is someone my child knows as my friend. Sex doesn't happen in front of him, so he doesn't know about it. As he gets older, I'll be more cautious about overt affection with other partners in front of him. I don't expect to be explaining poly to him until such time as EnviroDaddy or I have a partner we're spending really a lot of time alone with.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#251 of 1038 Old 01-24-2008, 03:22 PM

I suppose I should post a bit of an update, as I've been so vocal in this thread previously.

I'm in a bit of a bind, actually. See, for about 2 years now, I've been feeling like I'm trapped. At first, I felt like I was trapped by my baby - the constant nursing, the need for touch while he sleeps, the inability to leave him with anyone else because of his horrible anxiety.....but then he got older, I got more freedom, and I still felt trapped. Started seeing a therapist, who convinced me that all of my feelings were coming from my DH and his troubles with substance abuse. So we worked on that for about a year, with the result of him finally committing to change for the sake of the family. So he has been clean for many months now, has changed his attitude about spending time with the family.....but that trapped feeling was still there. We decided to try moving to a bigger home, and see if that helped, because we really WERE very cramped in our apartment.
So, we arrive at November. Moving month. DP & I start painting the rooms in the house. Work our butts off. I had been spending every waking hour there whenever I didn't have to be directly responsible for the kids, just so I could get everything painted before we started to move things in. Then, one night, I was painting frantically because DP's parents were supposed to be bringing furniture over the next day.....and the DP shows up in tears. Carrying on about how DH never wants anything to do with her, and he's not giving her what she needs, and that she gives and gives and he doesn't give back.....all stuff that we've hashed through before and stuff that she had said was resolved to her satisfaction.
So, I was tired. We've been through all this before, and I've always taken her side, usually because I felt like DH didn't care a whole lot about *me*, either. But this time, I decided that I could not take sides. DH was being REALLY good to us. This was between the two of them and they were going to have to work it out.
That turned out to be the wrong move. Not only did she stop talking to DH, but after I insisted that they hash things out, but refused to take sides, she stopped talking to me as well. Then she left.

We didn't hear from her for 3 days, and after 3 days, she called to say she wanted to talk to DH. Still not talking to me.

So, have you ever had 2 female cats? If they've lived together for a long time, they usually get along just fine, and genuinely like each other. But if one of them goes away for a while, then comes back, all sorts of bad s*** happens.

That was me. Queen Cat. I realized, on that 3rd day, that the trapped feeling was coming from HER. And all of a sudden, I couldn't stand the thought of having to share my new home, my new bedroom, my bed, my sewing space, my children.....and I was so relieved to have her NOT THERE.

I did end up telling her this, on the night that she came to talk to DH. I wasn't going to, because it's really mean to say things like that to somebody.....but she pushed me to say what I *really* was thinking, and I did.

We haven't spoken since. She has not lived with us since the day she left. She & DH still go out about once a week, and she comes to see the kids once or twice a week, but she & DH are no longer sexually involved. And I'm still not over my Queen Cat response - I get protective and nasty whenever she's in my house when I'm there, so I avoid her completely when she's here....if I don't, I might hiss at her! :

I was completely oblivious to why I was reacting like that until one of our cats ran away and came back a week later. For a couple days, I couldn't understand why the one cat was being so nasty to the one that ran away.....and then I realized that I'm the same way. I discovered than as much as I *wanted* things to work, and as much as I loved my DP.....the fear of inadvertently offending her was holding me completely trapped, and once that was gone, I felt free. And I love that freedom, and I can't see ever entering into another live-in poly arrangement because of that need for personal space and autonomy.
#252 of 1038 Old 01-24-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehndi mama View Post
I discovered than as much as I *wanted* things to work, and as much as I loved my DP.....the fear of inadvertently offending her was holding me completely trapped, and once that was gone, I felt free. And I love that freedom, and I can't see ever entering into another live-in poly arrangement because of that need for personal space and autonomy.
I am amazed at how much this reflects my own feelings about sharing my home with DHs GF. Moving into the first actual house I've ever lived in and not having the ability to have ANY of it set out the way I would have chosen to do it was really hard to take. I'm sure the fact DP whent out of province to visit her family for the first 10 days in the house only excasperated the problem. My routines were already in place, rooms laid out in a (babysafe) usable manner...her comming home (and telling me I had to stay in the basement with the kids from 7 am 'till she left for work at 1:30!) totally upset the apple cart. I spent three months in utter misery, trying so hard not to p!$$ her off for DHs sake. I just couldn't do it, especially not with someone who doesn't want / can't handle living with kids.

There's also the fact that living with both of them made it really obvious my intuition had been right-on for the past 9-10 months, they'd both been sneaking around behind my back, hiding things they'd been asked to discuss with me, and lying to my face when I listened to my gut and asked what was going on.

All in all, it was a little much for me to take, I'm not Poly by nature, but I was willing (and able) to have Dh and Dp have a relationship with each other...I guess I just thought it could/would be done without totally disrespecting me

My, that turned into a bit of a rant, didn't it?

Did I mention the fact that she is (was?) my ONLY friend other than my DH? I've been having a hard time prosessing having spent a year giving my all to them and their relationship while they disrespected my feelings, diregarded my needs, and showed no compassion for how difficult it all was for me, when the only people I have to talk to are my DH (who is obviously really hurting right now) and DP, who I'm not sure I'll ever really trust enough to call a friend again
#253 of 1038 Old 01-29-2008, 07:44 AM

Hey lovely poly girls and guys

So I'm looking for advice/reassurance really.
From very early in our relationship DP and I have said we had an open relationship - both allowed friends with benefits, but each other come first always and can't really see us ever having a mulitway relationships. So this was loosely tried out with us both having sexual relations with existing friends and all worked smoothly.
So now to the current issue. We have recently met a wonderful women through our social circle. DP and her have really hit it off and when we go out (as a group of friends) they spend a lot of time talking and kissing. All was fine, I wasn't bothered by them kissing, cuddling infront of me at all, or talking privately (she has a lot of issues, and feels comfortable talking to DP which is rare for her).
Then something switched in my mind and I'm now finding my self incredible bothered and upset by the situation and I don't truely know why. I think its this jealousy 'normals' talk of But also not soley that - for the first time it flickered in my mind that he could actually leave me (silly really, as he is completely devoted and in love, as am I) and their is partly the issue that she is great and I don't really feel I have any friends (other than DP) who are so awesome (so a slightly weird upside down jealousy there maybe lol). Gosh this is complicated (not that I didn't expect it to be). Maybe other things I can't pull out of my head yet.
Am I normal in this feeling? Did anyone else have a hard time the first time? This is definately the kind of relationship I want, as I feel monogomy would be a path neither of us would want our lives to be like. It's just hard.
#254 of 1038 Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM

About 11 years ago, DH & I went through something similar. We had always been open to "sharing" each other with friends, but I developed something of an attachment to one friend in particular. DH had no problem with it for a while......and then all of a sudden, something switched. I think he was OK so long as the relationship remained "friends with benefits", but as soon as he suspected that an EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT was being formed, it got far more difficult for him to sit and watch, and he felt quite left out and further and further out of the loop.

So, I would say that yes, it is very likely that you're feeling jealous. But jealousy comes in many forms, and it can be as simple as being jealous of the time he spends with her, because it is time that he is not spending with you. It's OK to feel that way. The trick is using those feelings to initiate some good conversation about it, so you two can work on clarifying boundaries, and reassuring each other
#255 of 1038 Old 01-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Hello everyone. Nothing new or exciting here (on the relationship front, anyway) but I saw this pop up in recent posts and I wanted to check in and say hi.
#256 of 1038 Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM

Any new relationship is hard - i.e. when you best friend drops off the face of the earth because there is a new (wo)man in her life. So you adjust. Either waiting patiently, tongue between teeth to see if the trend continues after the newness wears off or say something or stuff it (NOT healthy) or whatever.

Every relationship brings new angles. DP has had 4 girlfriends since we've married. One of whom I consider the best of friends even though they didn't work out. Two came and went without barely a ripple and one just bugs the heck out of me.

She is sorta back. Sigh. She really needs to grow up and spend some time on her own but she says one thing and does whatever she needs to do to have a man in her life. I am glad she is several states away while she leaves current live-in and only has a LDR with DP.

He knows how I feel about her. I tell it like it is. I know how he feels about her, as I am his sounding board as he is trying to figure out how to deal with his own feelings for her.

I do have veto power as I am the wife and mother of his child. But I have yet to use it and don't see using it in the near future. I think DP would be good for her, I just wish she wasn't so needy/impulsive. I will just keep listening and sharing and talking and being and see how things flow.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#257 of 1038 Old 01-30-2008, 07:56 AM

Thank you ladies, its so nice just to hear from people who understand (everyone in real life thinks we are freaks for being poly )

mehndi mama what did you and your DH decided about the situation (obviously don't have to say if you don't wish)?
Over the last few week DP and I have talked a lot - which has been great - but I still feel weird about it and like nothing really has been resolved. The problem is I don't know what we need to do to make this feel right again. I'm just trying to go with the flow and talk about it at every point along the way.

Ah its good to feel at home
#258 of 1038 Old 02-03-2008, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yola View Post

What are the dynamics of the relationships(s)?

If so, at what point did they change, and why?
Right now there are several different relationships in my life. First of all is my DH of nearly 10 years. Second is my BF of 1 year who lives with us. Then there's my "platonic sweetie" for lack of a better term. He was my BF but that morphed into an unusually close love-friendship. That relationship spans about 2 years though we've been friends for 15 years total. THEN there's a new sweetie, a bi man who my DH and I are seeing together. DH also dates a lot still. My BF is not poly and is straight, which creates a weird dynamic. DH and I are both bi. And my platonic sweetie is straight and poly-in-theory.

In the beginning, DH and I had plenty of rules and boundaries. I was already poly but spent 5 years with him monogamously before he warmed up to the idea. We had the rules to maintain our feelings of safety. Over time we gave up several rules, but replaced that with a deep trust and sense of each other's boundaries. Now we have much fewer boundaries with all partners. Basically, we stay safe, we get tested, partners get tested, and we all talk a whole hellava lot. Anyone coming into our life gets all this upfront and knows we will always be as honest as we are able to be.

Disabled queer mama to one preteen, one teenager, 5 cats, 7 chickens, & 1 dog

...granola punk urban homesteaders...

homeschool.gifautismribbon.gif

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love."

-Gandalf, The Hobbit

#259 of 1038 Old 02-07-2008, 12:02 AM

Hello, I am new to this lifestyle. I am living with a man and woman, who have 3 DC and I have my 1 DD. It's been interesting so far, I'm happy to have found this thread. Does anyone have any advice for a newbie?
#260 of 1038 Old 02-07-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
I am quite curious, for those of you with young children(perhaps my DCs ages)do you share your relationships, serious or otherwise with them? My oldest knows a bit about what we do but since she was born neither of us have had a serious relationship and I honestly don't want to bring anyone else into my children's lives if they're only going to be there short-term. Is this a common practice or am I being overly cautious?
previous to meeting my current partners, i had a few friends...and that is what they were to my children, just friends...now that i am with my current partners, and we are in it for the long haul, then yes, my children know all about it...

peace...

Homeschooling Ama to boys (ages 10 and 6) and my SoldierGirl who is serving in the US Army, StepMom to three crazy teens. I'm married to the love of my life. 

Love is an action word. 

Words have power...use them wisely.

Who you are is just enough.

Molon Labe

#261 of 1038 Old 03-01-2008, 04:42 PM

Hey all, I am joining this list as I find myself in a poly relationship (triad, FFM). That's all for now, just subbing really.

Abby
#262 of 1038 Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi mamas!!!!

I am not sure even what to post on here- as I do not feel this is even a "safe place"..... I guess what I am willing to say- sigh..... I was starting a relationship with someone- and things in her life called her in another direction. It pretty much sideswiped us all as no one was thinking this chance (to teach in another country) would come up. So, here I am- dumped.... At least that is how it feels. The relationship had not gone far enough to be "dumped" but still none the less I got the "this sounds like a break up" letter.

I am pretty heartbroken as I have never let myself feel these feelings and alway mask them. And to tell you the truth, spending the better part of the last two weeks crying just makes me feel silly. Why is it that in my perfectly good life I have to be so sad- but still I am. And even worse I have few friends I can talk to and one even just laughed. As if, you have a husband- get over it! It really feels no different than any other breakup- YKWIM?

Anyway- there may be some relationship in a year and a half, but I feel like I am being avoided (and I am sure I am) and it just simply sucks. I feel alone having anyone in this world to talk to as well....

Enough for now. (Please do not copy this in your post reply- I may delete it) TIA

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#263 of 1038 Old 03-09-2008, 06:36 AM

crayon -*Hug* I'm sorry, losing someone you care for always sucks - and yes you have every right to be as hurt as you are.
I don't have any useful advice right now, just a hug and 'I know how it feels for people to not understand'. Having an alternative relationship is so wonderful, but when it comes to the tough bits so very isolating.
Can you talk to your husband about this? I find having no one else who understands forces me and DP to communicate to a crazy level, but it all helps in the long run.
One more *Hug*, because I've run out of words right now (ahhh fuzzy brain)
#264 of 1038 Old 03-09-2008, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Cx- Oh yes I talk to my DH a lot about this. He is the only person that really get it. lol..... It all seems very abstract because our relationship was all very new and based on the internet. This is the same way I met DH and LOTS of my best of friends- so to me I have no problem becoming very wrapped up in internet love It is quite simple to me and raw and honest. I like that.

I feel like it is so much easier to just figure the whole thing out as a "couple, triad" than to avoid it for 17 months- YKWIM? I keep wondering- will I feel this way until she come back in July of 09? (She leaves in June 08). She has said she "doesn't want to be gone forever" (in caps) meaning- when she comes back she wants to research this relationship and feel where it may go. But, gosh- I keep thinking, I could be spending next year and a half in a relationship- learning growing and to me in the best form- letters, IM's- special packages. Like courting for a whole year and a half. To her, she is giving up her job, her house, her life and moving across the world in a not so safe place. I do not think her family is super supportive and that adds to it. It is like "I can not miss, want or long for anything more"..... But think I am like- but I am SO worth longing for- WE are so worth it. I keep thinking how exciting it could all be- if she just.... you know- let it happen and was not so scared.

sigh..... lol... Looks like I am opening up. I have a blog but I can not post these things because she reads. I have talked to her once in 5 days (on IM for 10 min) and I just feel so sad. Like- why do you NEED to forget about me?

Selfish Ang....

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#265 of 1038 Old 03-17-2008, 10:23 PM

subbing

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#266 of 1038 Old 03-18-2008, 03:47 AM

So I'm having a hard time meeting anyone that would want to be in a poly shipper. I have discussed some things with my husband, who up until now, I was thinking of leaving. We have agreed to work on our relationship, and now things are back to normal. Anywho, he is fine with me having an outside relationship but he doesn't want one. So things are good now, but frakk me, it's hard to meet people! It probably doesn't help that I don't get out much, but it's kind of difficult with 3 kids. So I'm thinking it's going to be a challenge.
#267 of 1038 Old 03-18-2008, 06:29 PM

I have to put the message out there, again, that I think poly relationships just happen when they're meant to. I have never been able to find anyone I was looking for, but everything wonderful in my life has just come when the timing was right.

Stay open. Get out where you can and where you WANT, stay present and open (did I say that already). You never know where love will bloom.

Abby
#268 of 1038 Old 03-18-2008, 07:40 PM

Hey Crayon,

I feel your pain. My love is living on the next street and she feels the need to forget me as anything more than a friend. It's the pain of any other breakup without the support because by all rights I shouldn't be upset. My DH tells me she'll come around. I'm trying to live my life and continue to be the supportive friend, but it feels like I'm totally denying part of myself. I don't hate my husband, but I hate myself for not being happy with him. I guess I'm selfish to want the stability I have with my husband and the passion I had with her.
#269 of 1038 Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Unfortunately the love of one doesn't protect us from the rejection of another.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#270 of 1038 Old 05-22-2008, 08:06 PM

How are things?

~laura
and planning to eat it again

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page