--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 109 Old 12-24-2006, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a wonderful Christmas present Megin and Katie!! Many, many congrats and well wishes coming your way. Gotta love that smartie, Quinn. : : : : :

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#63 of 109 Old 01-18-2007, 09:06 PM

we got a BFP today!!!
we are cautious but excited, after trying for almost a year (since last March) it doesn't seem real at all. It's about all my DP can say today, "really?"
#64 of 109 Old 01-18-2007, 09:27 PM

I saw that you had posted on this thread under new posts MichelleW and was hoping it was good news. I'm so so happy for you, knowing what a long journey it's been.

Yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

: : : :

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#65 of 109 Old 01-18-2007, 09:28 PM

I didn't want this to be in my congrats post so started a separate post....but we are back to TTC #2 after Katie had a miscarriage pretty early on. So, count us along with the other TTCers.....

be well all and congrats AGAIN MichelleW and partner!

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#66 of 109 Old 01-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleW View Post
we got a BFP today!!!
we are cautious but excited, after trying for almost a year (since last March) it doesn't seem real at all. It's about all my DP can say today, "really?"
What wonderful and amazing and fabulous news.
Congratualtions!! lots of loving, sticky vibes coming your way! :

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#67 of 109 Old 01-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Megin & Katie
I feel for the 2 of you. I hope to see you back on this list before I'm off!
This tthac (trying-to-have-a[nother]-child) thing is harder than any of us expected!!!

And thank you for your positive thoughts.
#68 of 109 Old 01-19-2007, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Michelle, congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Megin, so sorry to hear you're back to TTC. I'll be wishing you all the speedy-good luck-babydust in the world.

--
#69 of 109 Old 02-26-2007, 10:57 PM

I'm new to this forum and my wife and I are new to pregnancy. I'm 6 weeks pregnant after my wife's and my second try at IVF with a frozen embryo transfer. We used my wife's eggs and anonymous donor sperm, which I like to call "good Irish sperm." I'm carrying and am excited about being pregnant. It doesn't seem real yet. I'm guessing it might seem real when we go for the initial sonogram on March 6th. I started taking medication before the transfer and am still taking it. The inter-muscular shots at 6:30 AM are having an effect on our sleep, but neither of us mind since it is for a good cause.

We live in Rhode Island and plan to move back to my home state, Massachusetts, in a couple years as soon as my wife is done with her plumbing apprenticeship. I work in mental health and am going to school for my masters. It is going to be an especially life changing time when the baby is born because I'm planning to not go back to work after the birth for at least 5 or 6 years. During that time I'm planning on taking care of our future child, finishing my master's degree, and maybe working very part time if I need more adult contact.
#70 of 109 Old 02-27-2007, 02:39 PM

Welcome & congrats Tricia & Anne! How exciting for you!
#71 of 109 Old 02-27-2007, 02:58 PM

Congrats to you two!

I sent an email to you, hope you don't mind!!

Kathryn

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#72 of 109 Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM

Wow! Congrats to you. So fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Osker...Cambridge, eh?

megin

#73 of 109 Old 02-27-2007, 04:07 PM

Yep! We've been in Cambidge since Sept. Still not sure we're in love with it though. Funny thing, I actually had a dream a couple of weeks ago that my wife and I walked past a house down the street from us and saw a big box like the one we get from the sperm bank in the mail... and I though, hey, I wonder if that's where Megin and Katie live?! Guess subconsciously I'm looking around for people like us!!

#74 of 109 Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 PM

sorry for the double post!

#75 of 109 Old 02-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome and congratulations.

Osker- thank you for the email. It might take me a little bit to check email since I use a different computer for that, but I enjoy conversing with new people.
#76 of 109 Old 02-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Welcome and congrats Tricia and Anne! We're nearing the end of our pregnancy, expecting our son sometime in the next 5 weeks or so.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#77 of 109 Old 02-28-2007, 02:30 PM

How exciting Megan & Sacha! It must feel great to be almost there!
My thoughts are with you in the coming weeks, wishing you a lovely birth & lots of rest beforehand!
#78 of 109 Old 03-01-2007, 11:33 AM

I'm so excited to find this group!

We're not officially here yet, but we should be having our first IUI next week. But I just felt I had to post because I've not found any other LGBT pregnany or ttc forums! to everyone just for being here!!! Please flog me if I'm poking my nose somewhere I don't *yet* belong .

I'm Jeannette, DW is Crys. We've been together for 6.5 years, just officially got married on a trip to Canada last July. We both have daughters from previous relationships, her 10 yr. old Abby and my 7.5 yr. old Gabby (it was *not* planned that way, we didn't even know each other lol).

I will be carrying, since Crys was miserable while pg, and I loved every minute of it. She also says it would do irreprable harm to her "rep".

I have PCOS, so we've been working with an RE so far, just had an HSG Tuesday. I'm on Clomid and go in for a u/s to check follies Tuesday. Sooo nervous.

We're using an anonymous donor, but we had baby and adult pics to help us choose.

We plan to do 2nd parent adoption, since we've each had custody nightmares with our DD's dads. I'm not sure how the process goes in Ohio, any advice, nudges to websites with info, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

That's us, so, HI! everyone! Did I mention that I'm thrilled to have found y'all???
#79 of 109 Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Jeannette- Good luck with the IUI next week!
#80 of 109 Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 PM

Megan & Sacha- Good wishes in the home stretch!
#81 of 109 Old 03-01-2007, 03:10 PM

Jeanette & Crys!
Welcome and good luck! You certainly are welcome here.
: for you!
#82 of 109 Old 03-06-2007, 08:15 PM

Hi, I'm Meredith, and I'm relatively new here (I joined last summer, but forgot to keep up with it!) I read the blogs within lesbianfamily.org, but it's just not the same as conversing online. So, yay!
I forget what kind of info I'm supposed to talk about! Well, we tried ICI at home three times, took a month off, did a very well timed IUI (on our 7th anniversary, no less!), and just found out we were pregnant last week. Well, we *knew* based on some early symtoms, but the blood test made it real.
We live in VA, the worst state for gay parents, but are planning to move to New England when the baby is about 6 months old. I'm originally from the Boston area and most of my relatives are still there, so it'll probably be MA. We thought about moving beforehand, but it would make our lives a lot more hectic than if we just toughed it out for six months. Oh, and we're delivering in DC, which is a lot better, politically, than VA.
So that's our story! Nice to be here.

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
#83 of 109 Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 PM

How exciting to get the BFP, Meredith!
Welcome & well wishes for the journey!
#84 of 109 Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations and welcome to all our new people. Sorry to be so slow in welcoming you all. I haven't been around much because we had our baby! He was born February 13 during our first blizzard in ten years; it was a pretty harrowing experience, but Julieanne and the baby are both healthy and happy, so I'm not complaining.

--
#85 of 109 Old 03-07-2007, 03:41 PM

Congrats Susan & Julieanne! And welcome to the world, Will!
#86 of 109 Old 03-08-2007, 04:17 PM

How's everyone feeling. We are 27 weeks today and we found out 7 weeks ago that Oliver is going to have a little brother. He's totally excited and kisses my belly all the time. And nightly he uses my belly button as a microphone to commmunicate with his little brother. It's the cutest thing ever. Other than feeling extremely tired all the time, our pregnancy has been pretty uneventful. We had a Subchorionic hemmorage (bleeding from the folds of the placenta)early on, but it had healed itself completely by the 20 week ultrasound. Now our baby is kicking my partner in the back everynight as we fall asleep. Only 13 weeks or less to go for us!
I hope that you all are doing as well.

congrats to susan and jullieanne, what a beautiful little boy!
#87 of 109 Old 03-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Congrats Susan & Julianne !!!!!
So happy for you both, Will is adorable.
#88 of 109 Old 03-13-2007, 01:02 PM

Susan and Julieann, Will is such a little cutie with very defined features. Yay for him being here. : )

Oliversmom, congrats on your boy on the way! Are you happy for Oliver to have a brother?

We're nearly at 37 weeks (Thursday) and it's so hard to believe our son will be here at any time. Sacha thinks he's dropped this past week, so it's shouldn't be more than about 3 more weeks now.

Seattle moms and moms to be: we're wanting to put together more of a support network/new friends who are same-sex couples parenting. We just don't really have many friends in the same situation and we'd love to have more support for ourselves and our son. If anyone is interested in meeting in person, send me a pm!

#89 of 109 Old 03-20-2007, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone, for your congratulations! We are so happy to have him here with us. Unfortunately, I think the reality of maternity leave (and that it has to end) hit Julieanne this week, and we're both dreading her return to work.

How's everyone else doing? Megan and Sacha, I know y'all are getting close; how are you both feeling?

--
#90 of 109 Old 03-21-2007, 08:09 PM

Susan, we're feeling a little stressed and anxious this week as it's quite possible Sacha will be induced any day now for high blood pressure. So, we're scrambling to get as much done as we can in case she recommends induction at our appt tomorrow.

On top of that, Sacha is pretty much on bedrest and so I'm scrambling around trying to get everything done. And, she's feeling pretty uncomfortable and having a hard time getting in a good sleeping position. Can't believe this pregnancy will be over in a blink. I'm so looking forward to meeting our little guy but I think I'll miss the pregnancy in many ways too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page