LGBT and Pregnant - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 109 Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Megan, I can relate. Julieanne ended up having a C/S, so she couldn't do anything for two weeks; it can be hard on both partners. I will be keep y'all in my thoughts; let us know how your appointment goes!

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
#92 of 109 Old 03-22-2007, 01:18 PM

We had a sonogram today, and it looks like I was right on the due date! The bean is measuring 7w2d, but we are actually 6w6d. They said there is a +/- of 3 days, so we fit the guidelines, I guess. If anyone knows when they got pregnant, it's lesbians doing IUI! We also got to see the heartbeat: 133bpm! I'm not sure when we'll be able to hear it, but that will be so exciting.
The cutest part was that, since we used an RE for the IUI, they gave us a graduation certificate. They also gave us one of those little books about Motherhood with pics of baby animals, and a bunch of magazines. It was really, really sweet, and it was fantastic to talk to people who were so happy for us. Because we're not telling a lot of people yet, it's been great to have so much love and support from those who do know.
Now that the anxiety about getting pregnant is over, we're starting the next hard phase: waiting until November! :
I hope all is well with everyone else!
Meredith

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
#93 of 109 Old 03-22-2007, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Gamitzer, so glad you had a fun appointment! The day we saw and heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time was the happiest day of my life. The waiting through pregnancy is hard, but for us the time passed very quickly after the first trimester.

--
#94 of 109 Old 03-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, Pixel! And congrats on your son! The RN who did the sonogram today said she thinks we're having a boy, and then joked that she is always 50% right. Ha ha. Did you two think you were having a boy before you knew for sure?

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
#95 of 109 Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Gamitzer,

Congrats on seeing the babe and hearing the heartbeat. How fabulous!!!! I can totally remember the rush of love and other emotions that came over me when we heard Quinn's heartbeat for the first time. Amazing!

Enjoy the journey to November!

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#96 of 109 Old 03-22-2007, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamitzer View Post
Did you two think you were having a boy before you knew for sure?
You know, it was the strangest thing. All my life, I had just "known" that when I had my first child, she would be a girl. As it turned out, my partner was the one to get pregnant; a few months before we conceived (we tried for about a year), I started dreaming about the baby as a boy. Before that, I would sometimes dream we had a girl and sometimes dream we had a boy. But from that time on, the baby was always a boy in my dreams, and I just had a feeling that we would have a boy.

--
#97 of 109 Old 03-22-2007, 08:21 PM

Meredith, congrats on getting to see your baby for the first time. The first u/s we did at 9w4d was the BEST. For me that was better than hearing the heartbeat or seeing him on u/s later. Strangely enough, he didn't look all that different to us at 20w4d...same nose, etc.

Susan, looks like the doc is willing to increase Sacha's BP meds and let us go longer. Sounded like now she'll be comfortable going to 40 weeks if we can get the BP a bit lower. But, we're having to do NSTs three times a week now and two Dr visits a week and one u/s a week....whew! LOTS of observation.

I'm hoping the new BP meds will mean that Sacha can get more off bedrest and get around more. That would make her less stressed and crabby. Not being able to do stuff around the house has made her a royal NAG constantly about me getting stuff done. ugh.... I try to remind myself that it's just the pregnancy talking.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#98 of 109 Old 03-23-2007, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

I know bedrest would make me cranky, especially if I were feeling like there was a lot to get done. Glad to hear your appointment went well, BTW!

--
#99 of 109 Old 03-24-2007, 01:02 AM

Hi everyone! I've been reading the posts for a while and am finally posting. My partner is pregnant with our first, due May 11, 2007. We found out we're having a girl. We did an IUI in August and were super lucky that it worked the first try.

Glad to see that we are indeed everywhere!

Stacy mom to Isa 5/07 and Maya 5/09 DP to Rebeca
#100 of 109 Old 03-24-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musubi View Post
My partner is pregnant with our first, due May 11, 2007.

Congrats!

Reading this reminded me of my first REAL pregnancy craving - at 2 a.m. at about 20 weeks I woke up and had to go to the grocery store, get ingredients and make myself SPAM Musubi. Damn, if I were not currently suffering from the stomach flu I'd go get some now!

Thanks for the smile.
#101 of 109 Old 03-25-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNavigator View Post
Congrats!

Reading this reminded me of my first REAL pregnancy craving - at 2 a.m. at about 20 weeks I woke up and had to go to the grocery store, get ingredients and make myself SPAM Musubi. Damn, if I were not currently suffering from the stomach flu I'd go get some now!

Thanks for the smile.

I LOVE spam musubi!! Not too many people can appreciate a good piece of spam sandwiched between rice and wrapped with nori. Yum!! Yay! I'm glad you can relate.

Stacy mom to Isa 5/07 and Maya 5/09 DP to Rebeca
#102 of 109 Old 04-01-2007, 01:54 AM

Hey Gamitzer/Meredith! Our EDD is close to yours: 11/1/07. We're expecting twins! Like you, we also met in 2000, but married in 2003. This is our first pregnancy. After a long time trying, we did IVF- using her eggs, but with me carrying- which is very cool. Anyway, happy to find folks who are as far along as we are. Hope you're feeling great. -Ann
#103 of 109 Old 04-02-2007, 03:48 PM

Hey Ann,
That's great news and lucky you, having twins! I'm a twin myself, so I love knowing about other twins. After getting my wife's blood tests back, we had a few moments when we questioned the possibility of twins, but realized it was really, really unlikely. Though, we thought it would be hilarious to tell people that I was part of the reason she had twins. But alas, just one in there! And, actually, me and my sis are identical, which isn't genetic, or as our RE told me "you're freaks of nature!"
Well, this is very cool, having someone else on the board who is gay and due around the same time. Make sure you keep us posted on your progress!

#104 of 109 Old 04-02-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamitzer View Post
After getting my wife's blood tests back, we had a few moments when we questioned the possibility of twins, but realized it was really, really unlikely. Though, we thought it would be hilarious to tell people that I was part of the reason she had twins.
My dw is a twin, and I gave birth to our 4-year-old twins (who are genetically unrelated to dw). You would be *amazed* by how many people conclude that we had twins due to Lena's being a twin. Then when we point out (if we feel so obliged) that Lena actually had no genetic influence on the creation of Luke and Jaz, people ask if the donor has twins in his family! People are so clueless about how twins happen! The funny thing is that 8 of our boys' half-siblings are also twins (just out of the 19 half-sibs that we've found so far), but, like Luke and Jaz, they're all the result of IVF or fertility-enhancing drugs (L and J are clomid twins).

Congrats on all the new pregnancies!!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#105 of 109 Old 04-02-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach View Post
You would be *amazed* by how many people conclude that we had twins due to Lena's being a twin.
I can only imagine! When we told my MIL we thought there might be a possibility of twins, her first thought was that I had something to do with it. So, yeah, just about anyone can be confused.

Oh, and Ann/Lex, one thing your twins will have to get used to: being asked if they have the same birthday. That happened far more often than you'd think.
Meredith

#106 of 109 Old 04-05-2007, 02:10 AM

We saw the twins moving on ultrasound today!! They've got hands and feet and were waving them all around. Very cute! Totally AMAZING!!!! We're so happy they're both still there and thriving. Happy day!
#107 of 109 Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 AM

Wow congrats for seeing the baby I am jealous
#108 of 109 Old 04-05-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomingmomma View Post
We saw the twins moving on ultrasound today!! They've got hands and feet and were waving them all around. Very cute! Totally AMAZING!!!! We're so happy they're both still there and thriving. Happy day!
oh how amazing and wonderful that they are both doing well! congrats to you!
#109 of 109 Old 04-05-2007, 04:41 PM

How exiciting, Ann! I'm glad to know everything is going well. I don't think we'll have another peek at our babe until the midway point. Are you planning on finding out the sexes? I'm on the fence about it, but my wife really wants to know.
Meredith

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page