Stupid ? re: being bi - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 80 Old 11-16-2006, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many of you are over here?

I personally prefer cyber-polyamorist

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 80 Old 11-16-2006, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymarie View Post
welcome buttercup....yeah i'm glad we have this thread too....i love having a crush....makes life fun
anyone special?

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#63 of 80 Old 11-22-2006, 03:55 PM

sorry it took me so long to respond but i have computer problems.....anyways right now one of my favorite crushes is my lover.....but i find myself almost always having a crush on at least one person and sometimes more......
i love the computer because i can have cyber crushes too
i think i'm developing a crush on pinkmilk
#64 of 80 Old 11-22-2006, 04:16 PM

Quote:
sorry it took me so long to respond but i have computer problems.....anyways right now one of my favorite crushes is my lover.....but i find myself almost always having a crush on at least one person and sometimes more......
i love the computer because i can have cyber crushes too
i think i'm developing a crush on pinkmilk

Why do people want to crush on me all the time?

#65 of 80 Old 11-22-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
Hmm, interesting. I think DP is a "both".
Mine too.

babyf.gif

#66 of 80 Old 11-22-2006, 05:20 PM

geeze pinkmilk don't you like being crushed on?
maybe people get crushes on you because your cool and sexy
#67 of 80 Old 11-22-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
geeze pinkmilk don't you like being crushed on?
maybe people get crushes on you because your cool and sexy

Well fine then!!! I just stalked you and read a bunch of your past posts and decided you are cool and sexy too!!

#68 of 80 Old 11-22-2006, 07:02 PM

thanks
#69 of 80 Old 12-31-2006, 11:01 PM

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
#70 of 80 Old 01-04-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animus_silvae View Post
I just started watching the L word (we don't have tv, so I rented them abd have been staying up until 2am watching them). Although I think Shane is undeniably hot, Alice is definitely my kinda girl! I really have a thing for writers though and Jenny is just a little too wishy-washy.

Oh Alice...yum yum...
Oh, how I Shane!

treehugger.gif
#71 of 80 Old 01-06-2007, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatangel19 View Post
I like to think of myself as having a whimsical disregard for gender.
Well said! This is how I feel, too. I am attracted to people. Gender is incidental.

And, as far as the "everyone is bi on some level" sentiment... don't discount that so quickly! Can't believe no one mentioned the Kinsey Scale. The majority of people are 1-5... even people who think they're not.

I'd call myself a 4.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#72 of 80 Old 01-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post
Well said! This is how I feel, too. I am attracted to people. Gender is incidental.

And, as far as the "everyone is bi on some level" sentiment... don't discount that so quickly! Can't believe no one mentioned the Kinsey Scale. The majority of people are 1-5... even people who think they're not.

I'd call myself a 4.
Hmmmm....I have never heard of the kinsey scale, but I called myself a 4 also
#73 of 80 Old 01-09-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post

I'd call myself a 4.
The majority of people are 1-5. . .even people who think they're not? I think this should read "the majority of people are 1-5, particularly those who think they are not"

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#74 of 80 Old 01-09-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animus_silvae View Post
I just started watching the L word (we don't have tv, so I rented them abd have been staying up until 2am watching them). Although I think Shane is undeniably hot, Alice is definitely my kinda girl! I really have a thing for writers though and Jenny is just a little too wishy-washy.

Oh Alice...yum yum...

OK so I think of myself as an Alice.:

#75 of 80 Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 PM

I've had some tests and I'm a 5. I have not had any sexual contact with a man in 10 years, nor do I wish any. I bet some of my "straight" friends are 3 and 4.
#76 of 80 Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 PM

ok so now i am not feeling very bi-sexual anymore.....even though i am probably still attracted to both sexes i am more attracted these days to those who fall outside the strictly male or female gender/sex......i watched a movie called venus boys and in it someone talks about how being bisexual supports the current binary gender system which i am totally not into so now i call myself pansexual
Pansexuality (sometimes referred to as omnisexuality) is a sexual orientation characterized by a potential aesthetic attraction, romantic love and/or sexual desire for anybody, including people who do not fit into the gender binary of male/female implied by bisexual attraction. Pansexuality is sometimes described as the capacity to love a person romantically irrespective of gender. Some pansexuals also assert that gender and sex are meaningless to them. The word pansexual is derived from the Greek prefix pan-, meaning "all".Despite a pansexual's fluid sexuality, some may have a preference. A pansexual may be attracted to all genders and sexes, but have a preference, (for example) for pre-operative transsexual people, other pansexuals, masculine lesbians, intersexed people, etc.
#77 of 80 Old 01-22-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
ok so now i am not feeling very bi-sexual anymore.....even though i am probably still attracted to both sexes i am more attracted these days to those who fall outside the strictly male or female gender/sex......i watched a movie called venus boys and in it someone talks about how being bisexual supports the current binary gender system which i am totally not into so now i call myself pansexual
Pansexuality (sometimes referred to as omnisexuality) is a sexual orientation characterized by a potential aesthetic attraction, romantic love and/or sexual desire for anybody, including people who do not fit into the gender binary of male/female implied by bisexual attraction. Pansexuality is sometimes described as the capacity to love a person romantically irrespective of gender. Some pansexuals also assert that gender and sex are meaningless to them. The word pansexual is derived from the Greek prefix pan-, meaning "all".Despite a pansexual's fluid sexuality, some may have a preference. A pansexual may be attracted to all genders and sexes, but have a preference, (for example) for pre-operative transsexual people, other pansexuals, masculine lesbians, intersexed people, etc.
: i'm with you on this. just chiming in here. Great thread! Great people! Hi!
#78 of 80 Old 01-23-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmilk View Post
mmmmmmmmmmm..............I don't know..........I have these cravings..........comparable to pregnancy cravings.........and it's not for other guys. I can't describe it. And it actually scares me/freaks me out enough as to not even phone a fellow bi-friend cuz I was scared I might like her too much when I was suppose to see here. It's so different for me. I would never get flustered over a man. (well, maybe a Queen).

It makes me want to pull out all my pink hair!
Oh, Pinkmilk. I totally understand. As a bi woman I don't find that I am attracted to people independent of their gender... the classic gender blind claim of every man or woman is different and "fair game" for being found attractive.

I seem to get distinctively different energies from male or female partners (while not denying that each partner has had their own personality indepent of their gender) and I have gone through distinct stages where I have much stronger attractions to females or males. Since I have been married to my male partner, I have actually distanced myself from having queer women friends and I think this is really to avoid the conflicts it raises in me...scared of my own desire and connection with women when I am trying to play the role of monogamous partner in a hetero relationship....

and I love your idea of having real cravings...yes,yes,yes....I have them too. The desire for a female partner at times is very strong...and it is about sex and so much more at the very same time. In many ways it feels like a longing to connect with a part of myself again...to re-emerge in all my lush fullness and, of course, to share in the delicious lush fullness of loving another woman. Craving indeed...I'm gonna go eat a bowl of ice cream!
#79 of 80 Old 01-23-2007, 12:30 AM

[QUOTE=amymarie;7088662].....i watched a movie called venus boys and in it someone talks about how being bisexual supports the current binary gender system which i am totally not into so now i call myself pansexual [QUOTE]

Amymarie,
I thought that what the term "queer" was all about...breaking down the limiting concepts re: sexual identity (gay or straight) and gender identity (male or female). I thought pansexuality referred to something else altogether. This sounds like an interesting movie...did you rent it from a video store?
#80 of 80 Old 01-25-2007, 04:31 PM

hey sandy.....i used to work at tower records and i bought it there.....its a really cute movie if you like drag......if you lived close by me i would let you borrow it....
this might be long because i haven't talked about this with anyone yet....i'm still working it out in my head......well i agree with you about the term queer breaking down limiting concepts regarding sexual identity and gender identity.....i am queer.....but i used to call myself a bisexual queer....i liked boys and girls.....and now since i'm with a transgendered person i love someone who falls completely outside being called male or female.....he doesn't fit into what our society labels either one.....so i dont just like girls and guys....i like ones who don't fit into those categories.....i never really thought about any of this until i watched that movie.....the person who talks about being pansexual is a female to male tranny.....and it just made sense to me.....using terms that support a binary gender system is not what i want to do.....because i love someone who doesn't fit in that system....i support people deciding for themselves what they want to be.....regardless of social norms and traditions....i'm glad someone responded to me because its fun talkin about this stuff.....its all so new to me

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page