Censorship? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-05-2003, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I find it extremely disappointing that my honest inquiry on this forum was censored for no reason. It is sad to see that honest discussion is not allowed here. I guess tollarance is here as long as you act and talk just like everyone else and never ask an honest question. Disappointing to say the least.

For the record, my sister is gay and we have this discussion on gay parenting every now and then. Sad to think that one cannot come to get additional perspective here. Oh well. How disappointing. There ought to be a note when you register to the forums that you must think and act like everyone else or you will be censored.....?

Oh well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Israel I have just returned your thread to the board. The moderator moved it off for my review to see if it was an appropriate discussion.

There is some concern when a brand new member joins our community without even so much as an introduction and posts a question such as yours. While you may have good intentions we don't know you at all. So I suggest you take the time to become a sincere member of MDC before jumping in with both feet to start a potentially volatile discussion such as this one.

I have moved the thread back for discussion but it will be carefully watched and may be removed if the members who post here ddo not feel comfortable with it. Please take the time to read our Rules and Guidelines board to familiarize yourself with what we regard as acceptable behavior and posting. We do reserve the right, as you read and agreed to when you registered, to remove a thread of discussion for any or no reason.

~Cynthia Mosher
Administrator

#3 of 3 Old 04-05-2003, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Israel -- it is my understanding that the queer parening forum is there to be a source of support, not a place to debate and challenge. I'm not a moderator and I'm perfectly willing to defer to Cynthia's judgement -- but that post *really* bothered me and I personally would prefer it went away and stayed gone. Most of us make unconventional parenting choices, and these forums provide one of the only safe spaces we have to look for support and validation. Nobody here should have defend their choices in that way.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page