TTC at home with frozen anonymous sperm - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 85 Old 04-23-2007, 12:35 AM
 
MujerMamaMismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Thanks! Will do. Hey, we'll be due date buddies - if I am knocked up, I'm due January 1!
Any news? you've got us all on tenterhooks here!: :

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

MujerMamaMismo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 of 85 Old 04-23-2007, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter
 
FtMPapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Homesick Canuck in Western MA.
Posts: 2,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessper44 View Post
Any news? you've got us all on tenterhooks here!: :
Thanks.

Bad news. I just started bleeding tonight, I wasn't expecting to start until Tuesday, I usually start in the morning, so this puts me a little bit early, but not outrageously.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
FtMPapa is offline  
#63 of 85 Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 AM
 
thismama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nursing the revolution
Posts: 12,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aw crap, man. I'm so sorry! Is it definitely menses? Not just a little spotting perchance?
thismama is offline  
#64 of 85 Old 04-23-2007, 02:54 AM
 
MujerMamaMismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Thanks.

Bad news. I just started bleeding tonight, I wasn't expecting to start until Tuesday, I usually start in the morning, so this puts me a little bit early, but not outrageously.
Aw, that sucks. I'm sorry. Hope you're feeling strong and forward looking.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

MujerMamaMismo is offline  
#65 of 85 Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 AM
 
megincl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 2,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Papa -- I'm so sorry! :

Do something good for yourself -- take a nap, relax, eat some yummy food.

Hugs to you as you wait to move on to cycle #2....

be well,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
megincl is offline  
#66 of 85 Old 04-23-2007, 01:40 PM
 
KnittingTigers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry. Sending you lots of good thoughts for cycle number 2.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

KnittingTigers is offline  
#67 of 85 Old 04-23-2007, 02:44 PM
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 10,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


I've been lurking here (not a queer mama, but a widowed mama looking into using donor sperm a few years down the road)


btw, do you all have any resources as far as message boards for those TTC w/ donor sperm? TIA. I am finding this journey really lonley. either people think it's outrageous or they just plain oppose it! but maybe it's just my situation. :

anyway,
I hope you keep this thread going, I can't wait to hear when you are PG!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
rainbowmoon is offline  
#68 of 85 Old 04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
 
gamitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Jersey!
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey FTMPapa, I hate to give you false hope, but my wife spotted from 9dpo through 12dpo, and got her BFP on the evening of the 12th dpo. She was convinced she wasn't pregnant, just like our previous 3 attempts.
I hope you still have a chance this month, but if not, good luck next time. Meredith

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
gamitzer is offline  
#69 of 85 Old 05-07-2007, 01:36 AM
 
max_4477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to hear the first round didn't take, papa. Fingers crossed for your next cycle. (The 2-week/2-week mindfuck...ah I do not miss that. Hope yours ends asap.)
max_4477 is offline  
#70 of 85 Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM
 
thismama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nursing the revolution
Posts: 12,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm thinking about you Papa. How's the ttc going?
thismama is offline  
#71 of 85 Old 05-13-2007, 01:34 AM
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 10,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any news?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
rainbowmoon is offline  
#72 of 85 Old 05-13-2007, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
FtMPapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Homesick Canuck in Western MA.
Posts: 2,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sitting this month out, I should be inseminating again, this time IUI at the fertility clinic, again with frozen anonymous sperm, in the first week of June, I think.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
FtMPapa is offline  
#73 of 85 Old 05-13-2007, 07:44 PM
 
mama2rey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Luck Papa!!! I'm over here rooting for you!!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
mama2rey is offline  
#74 of 85 Old 05-13-2007, 08:28 PM
 
thismama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nursing the revolution
Posts: 12,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I'm sitting this month out, I should be inseminating again, this time IUI at the fertility clinic, again with frozen anonymous sperm, in the first week of June, I think.
Sending you my best baby vibes for June, Papa.
thismama is offline  
#75 of 85 Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
 
rainbowmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 10,800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: for you & sending lots of baby sticky your way!!!!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
rainbowmoon is offline  
#76 of 85 Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
 
FtMPapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Homesick Canuck in Western MA.
Posts: 2,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cycle # 2 of TTC starts today. I'm off to the fertility clinic on Wednesday to get started with cycle monitoring - bloodwork and ultrasounds.

News as it happens!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
FtMPapa is offline  
#77 of 85 Old 05-22-2007, 01:46 AM
 
KnittingTigers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Cycle # 2 of TTC starts today. I'm off to the fertility clinic on Wednesday to get started with cycle monitoring - bloodwork and ultrasounds.

News as it happens!
Good luck, Papa! My cycle started yesterday- this will be my first month of inseminations. Just ordered my sperm today!

Hope we both have fertile cycles and good news to share soon!

Angela

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

KnittingTigers is offline  
#78 of 85 Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 AM
 
mama2rey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FtM Papa and AngelaM

Here is lots and lots of baby dust!


I really hope you get pregnant this cycle!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
mama2rey is offline  
#79 of 85 Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM
 
gamitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Jersey!
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woohoo! Here's some of my wife's babydust for you, FTMPapa and AngelaM!

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
gamitzer is offline  
#80 of 85 Old 05-22-2007, 12:16 PM
 
Lingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck!!!
Lingmom is offline  
#81 of 85 Old 05-22-2007, 10:12 PM
 
ninefirefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southwest
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

J&M parenting our little breast-feeding, co-sleeping, moby-riding sleepytime.gif since July '09! Added a baby.gif brother in March '12!

ninefirefly is offline  
#82 of 85 Old 05-23-2007, 01:39 AM
 
thismama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nursing the revolution
Posts: 12,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm rooting for you this cycle Papa!
thismama is offline  
#83 of 85 Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter
 
FtMPapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Homesick Canuck in Western MA.
Posts: 2,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM View Post
Good luck, Papa! My cycle started yesterday- this will be my first month of inseminations. Just ordered my sperm today!

Hope we both have fertile cycles and good news to share soon!

Angela
Woot! Me too. Hey, we really are cycle buddies! Off to bed with me, ultrasound in six hours...

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
FtMPapa is offline  
#84 of 85 Old 05-23-2007, 12:10 PM
 
TryingMommas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post


I've been lurking here (not a queer mama, but a widowed mama looking into using donor sperm a few years down the road)


btw, do you all have any resources as far as message boards for those TTC w/ donor sperm? TIA. I am finding this journey really lonley. either people think it's outrageous or they just plain oppose it! but maybe it's just my situation. :

anyway,
I hope you keep this thread going, I can't wait to hear when you are PG!

Its almost 2 years since I was on the TTC boards regularly, but I was on Fertility Friend (have to pay a fee) a LOT - there is a TTC with donor sperm board there which is a very interesting mix of queer and single & coupled heterosexual women - pretty much the ONLY thing everybody has in common there is wanting/needing donor sperm to get pg. Many of the other boards on FF are pretty conservative/non-MDC like, so watch out for that. But I liked the volume of folks onthe donor board there - you could always get advice quickly.
I also was on "rainbow conceptions" a small newer site for queer moms, we had some single non-queer moms there, too. And of course MDC. I found the regular TTC threads (one thread) here very welcoming. It did get a little old seeing everybody get pg faster than is common with donor sperm, though.
Good luck, everybody!
TryingMommas is offline  
#85 of 85 Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 PM
 
frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where footprints dance in the snow
Posts: 8,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingMommas View Post
Its almost 2 years since I was on the TTC boards regularly, but I was on Fertility Friend (have to pay a fee) a LOT - there is a TTC with donor sperm board there which is a very interesting mix of queer and single & coupled heterosexual women - pretty much the ONLY thing everybody has in common there is wanting/needing donor sperm to get pg. Many of the other boards on FF are pretty conservative/non-MDC like, so watch out for that. But I liked the volume of folks onthe donor board there - you could always get advice quickly.
I also was on "rainbow conceptions" a small newer site for queer moms, we had some single non-queer moms there, too. And of course MDC. I found the regular TTC threads (one thread) here very welcoming. It did get a little old seeing everybody get pg faster than is common with donor sperm, though.
Good luck, everybody!
I agree with all of that. We're about to start trying again--I've subbed to the ttc in our 30s thread here and once we have a Swim Team scheduled to arrive, I'll sub to the One Thread here, as well. I "met" a lot of excellent people here last time around through those threads.

And FF connected me with several other ttc bloggers, as well as being a great source of support when we were ttc. Again, I'll resub to that once we're more firm on when we'll start trying again.
frog is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off