mamas exploring bisexuality while in relationship(s) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
First ... 2  3  4
Queer Parenting > mamas exploring bisexuality while in relationship(s)
pinkmilk's Avatar pinkmilk 06:07 PM 05-10-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKoz
Hey, I'd go! And I live in Red-Neckville too That group you were with in Kelowna sounds wonderful, I'd love to find a group like that!
Are you my queer neighbor?

pinkmilk's Avatar pinkmilk 06:07 PM 05-10-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTomboy
Unless someone prys into your hard drive, or you ISP records, or the NSA is monitoring you.
Hey...stop that!!!You're feeding my paranoia!!
pinkmilk's Avatar pinkmilk 06:09 PM 05-10-2006
Geez... I haven't been around these parts for so long I can't believe this thread is still active!!!!

Actually I can believe it cuz us complex bisexuals are so very very interesting!!!

Aren't we?
TexasTomboy's Avatar TexasTomboy 01:45 PM 05-11-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmilk
Hey...stop that!!!You're feeding my paranoia!!
In my experience, the mix of men and jealousy are a dangerous combination.

:
HerthElde's Avatar HerthElde 01:49 PM 05-11-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmilk
The funny thing is that I do know a couple moms who are a part of this mothering forums community and well they don't know I'm bi (but if they come across this then they do now!). I've been feeling a bit nervous of them finding out this way cuz all they need to do is look at my profile and see all my posts!! But I want my friends to know who I am so I guess it's O.K.(just not the best way to tell your friends your gay!
I U!!! hee hee, 'sokay I'm bi too
azedazobollis's Avatar azedazobollis 09:35 AM 05-16-2006
Just reading through this thread.....

This weekend, I briefly mat a lesbian couple with their twin girls at the shoe store. I chatted briefly with them. I just wanted them to experience someone being supportive of a loving lifestyle. What I wanted to say was, "Thank you for choosing to live as you are. There was a time in my life where I could have taken a completely different path. Now, 4 children later, I still look back and say "what if..."

I am honest with my husband. I am married. Being married doesnt change who I am. I am in a monogomous realtaionship and just like a "monogomous married straight woman" who looks at another man, I will always look at and fanatasize about another attractive woman. It is human nature. I do believe that most women have it in them to be "bi". Who doesnt check out other women? Women are beautiful, men are.... well, men...

heh.
11yrsNoKid's Avatar 11yrsNoKid 12:54 AM 05-22-2006
I met my Dh when I was 16. This didn't give me much time to explor my sexuality before I met him. On the day before we got married, I had my first experiance with a woman. We had a three year relationship, and we eventually shared it with my husband the night before she moved away. She moved to Cali and I when she came back, she stayed with us for a couple of days. She slept with me, while dh slept on the sofa... His choice. Since then, I have had other experiences, but only one other relationship. Her dh was overseas in Iraq. I talked to him on the phone and he was supportive... He looked at it like this... As long as she was with me and I kept her busy, she wouldn't find another man. Most men look at female realtionships as not cheating. My dh and I had seperated last year, for other reasons. Since we have been back together, I cant bring myself to ask him for his blessing to let me have a female (relationship) friend. I am however looking for one at the moment. If I find someone that is worthy, I will bring it to his attention. If he agrees to let me have this friendship, I will make sure not to let it interfear with my married life. I anyone feel the same?
pinkmilk's Avatar pinkmilk 04:21 PM 05-22-2006
ya...i totally get this. I am in the same boat too. I'm kinda looking(as much as a momma with 4 kids can look!!! )...i know i would be honoring myself on a level that most people can't understand and therefore being a better person; wife; and mother, because of it. I fear it to. I know in the past relationships inside of marriage can be good or bad. I fear hurting dh. Not because i would love this person more than him but what if he was feeling insecure about it...kwim?
Jilian's Avatar Jilian 04:36 PM 05-22-2006
Hi mamas I'm late to this thread, but just found it. I consider myself a bi mama too. I am currently in a comitted relationship with a man, but did briefly date a nice girl back in college. I could easily see myself being with a man or woman. I am attreacted to women just as much as I am attracted to men. However I could never see myself having a polyamorous relationship. I don't think it would be fair to my DP, and it's just not me. So, for the time being I am content with having a relationship with a man.

Its nice to see that there are other bi mamas around here.
pinkmilk's Avatar pinkmilk 06:04 PM 05-22-2006

Konur's Mom's Avatar Konur's Mom 06:06 PM 05-22-2006
Sorry about BiMamas.net being down, you can go to our emergency forum at http://www.redthorian.org/ and let me know your name there so I can let you in to the private bimamas forum.
11yrsNoKid's Avatar 11yrsNoKid 01:31 AM 05-23-2006
I went to that site and didn't see anything.

So who here is willing to act on there feelings. I am!!! I am ready to meet someone with my same interests and feelings. It doesn't have to be sexual at first... I am really looking for a female, to get some of this built up gossip about myself out. I want to be able to walk together and say, damn look at that... mmmm she is fine. LOL I would love to be open and honest with a friend. My dh knows about my feelings, but it isn't the same. I want to be able to express them.
Konur's Mom's Avatar Konur's Mom 01:35 AM 05-23-2006
The only way to see anything is to be let in to the private forum there. The main site (Bimamas.net) is back up now. We just use that for emergencies.


I am constantly amazed at how many husbands are not okay with their wive's being bi or are okay as long as they get to be there. Its not a spectator sport!
dawnadelle's Avatar dawnadelle 01:58 AM 05-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11yrsNoKid
I met my Dh when I was 16. This didn't give me much time to explor my sexuality before I met him. On the day before we got married, I had my first experiance with a woman. We had a three year relationship, and we eventually shared it with my husband the night before she moved away. She moved to Cali and I when she came back, she stayed with us for a couple of days. She slept with me, while dh slept on the sofa... His choice. Since then, I have had other experiences, but only one other relationship. Her dh was overseas in Iraq. I talked to him on the phone and he was supportive... He looked at it like this... As long as she was with me and I kept her busy, she wouldn't find another man. Most men look at female realtionships as not cheating. My dh and I had seperated last year, for other reasons. Since we have been back together, I cant bring myself to ask him for his blessing to let me have a female (relationship) friend. I am however looking for one at the moment. If I find someone that is worthy, I will bring it to his attention. If he agrees to let me have this friendship, I will make sure not to let it interfear with my married life. I anyone feel the same?
I married at 19, but was with DH since I was 17. I am 34 now and also missed out on that opportunity to explore my sexuality and come to better grips with the fact that I identify as very bi/lesbian.

I disagree very much with this statement though: "Most men look at female realtionships as not cheating." --- Why is it that even when my DH gave me permission, and I did it, he accused me of cheating and that I was acting like some kind of whore? LOL - sorry, just sharing my experience. Besides, he says he's sorry, but whatever... I still miss out, right?

I feel that bisexuals who end up in a marriage shouldn't be condemned. I was never intending on letting my relationship with another woman interfere with my marriage, but the bitterness between DH and I never seemed to let up. Now I maintain "friendships" with women and all is fine (in that area anyway). I can be friends and be in love, but cannot have sex and be in love... I guess... according to him. I am still confused by it all.
11yrsNoKid's Avatar 11yrsNoKid 02:33 AM 05-23-2006
I hear you on that part... Mine gave me his blessing too, but when we seperated, he used me being with other women as an excuse to cheat. Then when we got back together, he asked me how many women I slept with while we were seperated. This was way back in 2001, so i don't want to dredge up old memories. We are doing great now, but I still have that longing for a close friend that can spend the night every once in a while. ya know!!
heket's Avatar heket 02:23 PM 05-23-2006
double post
heket's Avatar heket 02:24 PM 05-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konur's Mom
I am constantly amazed at how many husbands are not okay with their wive's being bi or are okay as long as they get to be there. Its not a spectator sport!
Yup! My dh falls into the latter. One of the first things he asked was, "Can I at least watch?"
Indigo73's Avatar Indigo73 01:19 PM 05-26-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konur's Mom
I am constantly amazed at how many husbands are not okay with their wive's being bi or are okay as long as they get to be there. Its not a spectator sport!
Sigh, I just have to say I am so very grateful to have met my husband. He just gets it. Maybe because he is bi as well, but just as likely because he's such a generous soul.

Not that I have anything against FMF threesomes.
First ... 2  3  4

Up