mamas exploring bisexuality while in relationship(s) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 108 Old 05-10-2006, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKoz
Hey, I'd go! And I live in Red-Neckville too That group you were with in Kelowna sounds wonderful, I'd love to find a group like that!
Are you my queer neighbor?

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#92 of 108 Old 05-10-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTomboy
Unless someone prys into your hard drive, or you ISP records, or the NSA is monitoring you.
Hey...stop that!!!You're feeding my paranoia!!

#93 of 108 Old 05-10-2006, 05:09 PM

Geez... I haven't been around these parts for so long I can't believe this thread is still active!!!!

Actually I can believe it cuz us complex bisexuals are so very very interesting!!!

Aren't we?

#94 of 108 Old 05-11-2006, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmilk
Hey...stop that!!!You're feeding my paranoia!!
In my experience, the mix of men and jealousy are a dangerous combination.

:
#95 of 108 Old 05-11-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmilk
The funny thing is that I do know a couple moms who are a part of this mothering forums community and well they don't know I'm bi (but if they come across this then they do now!). I've been feeling a bit nervous of them finding out this way cuz all they need to do is look at my profile and see all my posts!! But I want my friends to know who I am so I guess it's O.K.(just not the best way to tell your friends your gay!
I U!!! hee hee, 'sokay I'm bi too
#96 of 108 Old 05-16-2006, 08:35 AM

Just reading through this thread.....

This weekend, I briefly mat a lesbian couple with their twin girls at the shoe store. I chatted briefly with them. I just wanted them to experience someone being supportive of a loving lifestyle. What I wanted to say was, "Thank you for choosing to live as you are. There was a time in my life where I could have taken a completely different path. Now, 4 children later, I still look back and say "what if..."

I am honest with my husband. I am married. Being married doesnt change who I am. I am in a monogomous realtaionship and just like a "monogomous married straight woman" who looks at another man, I will always look at and fanatasize about another attractive woman. It is human nature. I do believe that most women have it in them to be "bi". Who doesnt check out other women? Women are beautiful, men are.... well, men...

heh.

Christine. Unschooling mom to Hollis, Zobey, Zeda, Anna, and Wednesday. We have a lot invested in this whole family thing with marriage kids and a mortgage. You don't just give up on the whole deal when it gets difficult.
#97 of 108 Old 05-21-2006, 11:54 PM

I met my Dh when I was 16. This didn't give me much time to explor my sexuality before I met him. On the day before we got married, I had my first experiance with a woman. We had a three year relationship, and we eventually shared it with my husband the night before she moved away. She moved to Cali and I when she came back, she stayed with us for a couple of days. She slept with me, while dh slept on the sofa... His choice. Since then, I have had other experiences, but only one other relationship. Her dh was overseas in Iraq. I talked to him on the phone and he was supportive... He looked at it like this... As long as she was with me and I kept her busy, she wouldn't find another man. Most men look at female realtionships as not cheating. My dh and I had seperated last year, for other reasons. Since we have been back together, I cant bring myself to ask him for his blessing to let me have a female (relationship) friend. I am however looking for one at the moment. If I find someone that is worthy, I will bring it to his attention. If he agrees to let me have this friendship, I will make sure not to let it interfear with my married life. I anyone feel the same?
#98 of 108 Old 05-22-2006, 03:21 PM

ya...i totally get this. I am in the same boat too. I'm kinda looking(as much as a momma with 4 kids can look!!! )...i know i would be honoring myself on a level that most people can't understand and therefore being a better person; wife; and mother, because of it. I fear it to. I know in the past relationships inside of marriage can be good or bad. I fear hurting dh. Not because i would love this person more than him but what if he was feeling insecure about it...kwim?

#99 of 108 Old 05-22-2006, 03:36 PM

Hi mamas I'm late to this thread, but just found it. I consider myself a bi mama too. I am currently in a comitted relationship with a man, but did briefly date a nice girl back in college. I could easily see myself being with a man or woman. I am attreacted to women just as much as I am attracted to men. However I could never see myself having a polyamorous relationship. I don't think it would be fair to my DP, and it's just not me. So, for the time being I am content with having a relationship with a man.

Its nice to see that there are other bi mamas around here.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#100 of 108 Old 05-22-2006, 05:04 PM

#101 of 108 Old 05-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Sorry about BiMamas.net being down, you can go to our emergency forum at http://www.redthorian.org/ and let me know your name there so I can let you in to the private bimamas forum.
#102 of 108 Old 05-23-2006, 12:31 AM

I went to that site and didn't see anything.

So who here is willing to act on there feelings. I am!!! I am ready to meet someone with my same interests and feelings. It doesn't have to be sexual at first... I am really looking for a female, to get some of this built up gossip about myself out. I want to be able to walk together and say, damn look at that... mmmm she is fine. LOL I would love to be open and honest with a friend. My dh knows about my feelings, but it isn't the same. I want to be able to express them.
#103 of 108 Old 05-23-2006, 12:35 AM

The only way to see anything is to be let in to the private forum there. The main site (Bimamas.net) is back up now. We just use that for emergencies.

I am constantly amazed at how many husbands are not okay with their wive's being bi or are okay as long as they get to be there. Its not a spectator sport!
#104 of 108 Old 05-23-2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11yrsNoKid
I met my Dh when I was 16. This didn't give me much time to explor my sexuality before I met him. On the day before we got married, I had my first experiance with a woman. We had a three year relationship, and we eventually shared it with my husband the night before she moved away. She moved to Cali and I when she came back, she stayed with us for a couple of days. She slept with me, while dh slept on the sofa... His choice. Since then, I have had other experiences, but only one other relationship. Her dh was overseas in Iraq. I talked to him on the phone and he was supportive... He looked at it like this... As long as she was with me and I kept her busy, she wouldn't find another man. Most men look at female realtionships as not cheating. My dh and I had seperated last year, for other reasons. Since we have been back together, I cant bring myself to ask him for his blessing to let me have a female (relationship) friend. I am however looking for one at the moment. If I find someone that is worthy, I will bring it to his attention. If he agrees to let me have this friendship, I will make sure not to let it interfear with my married life. I anyone feel the same?
I married at 19, but was with DH since I was 17. I am 34 now and also missed out on that opportunity to explore my sexuality and come to better grips with the fact that I identify as very bi/lesbian.

I disagree very much with this statement though: "Most men look at female realtionships as not cheating." --- Why is it that even when my DH gave me permission, and I did it, he accused me of cheating and that I was acting like some kind of whore? LOL - sorry, just sharing my experience. Besides, he says he's sorry, but whatever... I still miss out, right?

I feel that bisexuals who end up in a marriage shouldn't be condemned. I was never intending on letting my relationship with another woman interfere with my marriage, but the bitterness between DH and I never seemed to let up. Now I maintain "friendships" with women and all is fine (in that area anyway). I can be friends and be in love, but cannot have sex and be in love... I guess... according to him. I am still confused by it all.
#105 of 108 Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 AM

I hear you on that part... Mine gave me his blessing too, but when we seperated, he used me being with other women as an excuse to cheat. Then when we got back together, he asked me how many women I slept with while we were seperated. This was way back in 2001, so i don't want to dredge up old memories. We are doing great now, but I still have that longing for a close friend that can spend the night every once in a while. ya know!!
#106 of 108 Old 05-23-2006, 01:23 PM

double post
#107 of 108 Old 05-23-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konur's Mom
I am constantly amazed at how many husbands are not okay with their wive's being bi or are okay as long as they get to be there. Its not a spectator sport!
Yup! My dh falls into the latter. One of the first things he asked was, "Can I at least watch?"
#108 of 108 Old 05-26-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konur's Mom
Sigh, I just have to say I am so very grateful to have met my husband. He just gets it. Maybe because he is bi as well, but just as likely because he's such a generous soul.

Not that I have anything against FMF threesomes.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page