Bi-Parents, it's October! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe it's October already, but the calendar tells me that I better start believing it. So here's a new thread.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#2 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 04:55 AM

am I welcome?? I am a 23 yr old married (open marriage/sorta poly) Bi mama.
#3 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 08:31 AM

Been a while since I've been in this area of MDC. Thought I'd subscribe.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#4 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 AM

Oh yay, a new thread!

wonderwahine: Of course you are welcome!
#5 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 01:02 PM

Subbing.

Oh mamas!!
#6 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 01:30 PM

Oh goody, thanks bjoker! I was just coming to do it if no one else had.

Is anyone ready for halloween? I'm not. We still need to figure out what my witch/fairy/ballerina/princess is going to be... :
#7 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 PM

I have ds's costume figured out, dh refuses to dress up to take ds trick or treating at the mall, but he wants a spiderman candy pail for himself I'll convince him to wear at least a comic character t-shirt or something.
#8 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
I have ds's costume figured out, dh refuses to dress up to take ds trick or treating at the mall, but he wants a spiderman candy pail for himself I'll convince him to wear at least a comic character t-shirt or something.
DH usually gets a new pumkin/jack o'latern tee each year. But this year the poor man has to dress up. One of my good friends is getting married and is requesting costumes. I'll get him into it. DS wants to be a zombie or ghost. Either works for me, I get to play with theater makeup since he doesn't want to do the sheet over the head thing.

Now I need to figure out what I want to do. I could be a hippie. Or do my stand-by gypsy, but would need a wig since I chopped off my hair.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

#9 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 02:16 PM

ds is going to be superman (pjs with a cape), and if his sensory aversions have him hating his costume after a while, I have a halloween themed footed sleeper..... so he will be cute toddler with pumpkins and cats on him Ds has his trick or treat bag I got on hyenacart last year, but dh insists on having his own spiderman pail, so I'm going to insist on him wearing a comic t-shirt I don't know if I will do a costume, maybe buy some cheap hair rollers and put my hair up in them, wear my housedress and slippers and say I'm a disgruntled housewife?
#10 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 02:46 PM

My boys both want to be robots, I haven't gotten materials or anything yet though. I haven't dressed up as an adult. I'd love to have a reason to.

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

#11 of 137 Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM

good to see everyone here!

DD has mentioned wanting to be a butterfly for halloween. i wont count on that being set into stone until we either buy a costume or the stuff to make it. part of me wishes she would wear her stingray costume from last year so we dont need to worry about anything.

DP got a new job and starts the 15th. he wont have weekends off anymore and im kinda wondering if that will be a good thing or not. at least he gets to see what life is like here during the week.

nothing else really new here. should we all continue talking about a giant meet up
#12 of 137 Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Banned

Happy October!!!

Nothing to add at the moment... well, maybe some, but it's DD's bedtime.
#13 of 137 Old 10-02-2007, 03:17 AM - Thread Starter

Halloween costumes are yet another thing that I can't ever seem to make a decision about. Hardly anything ever looks good to me. I wish I was crafty enough to make something. I probably could, but so far I'm without many ideas. The best one I had is rock star toddler (done appropriate, of course). She loves playing her ukelele like a guitar when she sees bands play in music videos and such. Last year we had the idea for DP and I to go as Jay and Silent Bob (we've both kinda have the hair for it ) and dd could be the orangutan (from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back). But... I'd have to figure out an orangutan costume, and then we'd actually have to have some place to go for all 3 of us to dress up like that. Ho hum.

I LOVE Halloween though, it's totally my favourite holiday. I think we might actually deck our house out this year, if we can figure all that out in time. We moved to a new house since last year, and have a great house now for decorating. Wee!

I like the disgruntled housewife idea. We also thought about doing some kind of white trash theme. : That could be fun. Not exactly PC, but fun. heh.

#14 of 137 Old 10-03-2007, 06:52 PM

Ciao! Pretty ladies!

I love October! Favorite month out of the year. In california
its the nicest weather, just comming out of the heat for us.
I love the colors of autumn, and LOVE halloween!

I don't know if I'm dressing up, I was thinking of dressing
like a Spanish noble.

My husband and daughter are taking to their norse roots
and dressing like Vikings.

I am not the least bit, nor do i look anything like a viking
so yeah.
#15 of 137 Old 10-04-2007, 02:12 PM

Hello all! In case I don't *know* any of you yet, I'm Sarah, bi mama married to my het dh. (www.myspace.com/mrs9 if you're on myspace, add me!)

We're super excited for Halloween! We started decorating already! I'm not sure what we're going to do for costumes. I want to try and make one for ds, who is almost 2. Dd was given a Tinkerbell costume for her birthday and is sooooooooo excited to be a fairy.

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#16 of 137 Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 PM

Well I'm totally bogged down with Thanksgiving plans (Oct.8th) and a ton of baking!!!
As for Halloween, DS#2 wants to be batman which is PERFECT because I have the most amazingly awesome costume that I made for his brother all those years ago when I thought I was Martha! I swear I didn't push it on him, he brought Batman up on his own. I just got super lucky this year!
#17 of 137 Old 10-04-2007, 02:25 PM

Thats great! I love costumes you already have

welcome sarah, I added you I am kiwiinchicago.
#18 of 137 Old 10-04-2007, 02:34 PM

Hi Sarah, added you too. myindigodreams...

#19 of 137 Old 10-04-2007, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone. This is me-- www.myspace.com/mmmtastybrains
It's very general (at least for me) because I have a bunch of family on there,and there are a number of things about my life that I don't get into with them. Feel free to add, if you feel like it.

#20 of 137 Old 10-06-2007, 03:09 AM

click on 'mindless ramblings' in my signature and thats my myspace
#21 of 137 Old 10-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I added/messaged everyone on myspace.

If you're wondering why my profile says 'straight', that would be because I have never come out to my family. I struggle with this, they are of the fundie persuasion, but I love them anyway. I just don't know what the right decision is, hiding a part of who I am (i.e. i'm married and mono so why bring it up?) which hurts me and goes against my ethics, or tell them and face the judgement and possible loss of relationships? Maybe this is for another thread.

#22 of 137 Old 10-06-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykaoss View Post
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I added/messaged everyone on myspace.

If you're wondering why my profile says 'straight', that would be because I have never come out to my family. I struggle with this, they are of the fundie persuasion, but I love them anyway. I just don't know what the right decision is, hiding a part of who I am (i.e. i'm married and mono so why bring it up?) which hurts me and goes against my ethics, or tell them and face the judgement and possible loss of relationships? Maybe this is for another thread.
I understand I haven't come out to my parents/family either, my brother suspects, but otherwise im still closeted to them. I don't fear them ever finding my myspace though
#23 of 137 Old 10-06-2007, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Totally understood, but do you know that you don't have to put anything down for sexuality on myspace, and it just won't show up on your page at all? Like I said, I have family on mine too, so I just left it blank. I'm not necessarily bent on keeping it from them, but I don't think reading it on myspace is the way to go about it.

Mostly, it just doesn't come up with family, so I don't say anything. If it were to come up, I might say something. Hard to say. I kept whole relationships from them in the past, but (hypothetically, I guess) I wouldn't do it again. My dad's side of the family is uber republican and pretty straight-laced (ha), so it wouldn't be fun, but I'm kind of to the point that I don't care. At least not nearly as much as I used to.

That said, one of my step-brothers knows, and one of my sisters knows (she's gay, so that was easy ). A few others might suspect. Oh well.

I don't think this is for another thread, but then again I think I've proven that I like to ramble too much. Huh?

In any case, you just need to do what works for you, whatever that is. I don't have any judgement for people that choose to stay in the closet, that's for sure. It's not a very fun place to be, though.

#24 of 137 Old 10-06-2007, 11:57 PM

I agree, we all need to do what we feel the need to do, and what we feel comfortable doing.

I do think this belongs in this thread, since this an issue bi parents deal with. just like being open within the confines of your own family unit, do we explain everything to our children, or do you do it in age appropriate levels, or just wait for questioning?
#25 of 137 Old 10-07-2007, 01:35 PM

You're right, the closet is no fun place to be. I don't consider myself closeted though. The only people who don't *know* is my immediate family, and I guess its kind of a non-issue as far as their need to know since I am married to a man and we're not poly. (I'm open, he's not, I love him, so we are mono and that's my choice going into it) Anyway, my friends and most other people know, so I don't feel closeted. My struggle is just that by choosing not to discuss issues like my spirituality and sexuality which are in direct opposition to my parent's religious beliefs, that I am not being authentic and am selling myself short somehow. However, I am honestly TERRIFIED to bring the subjects up. I know my family, I love my family, but our time together is limited since they live out of state, and I already know the reaction they would have were I to share these things with them. I remember being a teen and watching my parents refuse to speak to a lesbian couple that came out, they were friends of ours. I remember being taken to Operation Rescue pickets and walks my whole life . During those, there would be gay protesters as well, doing a lot of PDA to piss off the christians (lol) and I remember the comments, judgement, etc. Hope I'm making sense. I know my family loves me, but I feel were they ever to know these things about me, that it would totally result in the loss of our relationship. It sucks.

#26 of 137 Old 10-07-2007, 11:46 PM

Oh im so excited to see some of you have myspace, i was just thinking the other day that I wish there was a way to have picture avatars on here to see what everyone looks like! Its always nice to put a face to a name!

Anyone that would like to add me, please do!

www.myspace.com/rhendicrisanti
#27 of 137 Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 AM

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

#28 of 137 Old 10-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Whoa mamas!
I just read through the thread from where I left off, multi-quoting my way along... till I got to the end and realised that we've jumped to a new month.

shrug

anyways, we are home from the rainbow gathering... it was AWESOME!
I met someone (so did DP). So now I have a real life GIRLFRIEND!!!
(dont worry bjorker, there's still a place in my heart for rainbow pillow goddesses - I'm so happy to see you still have that)

I'm totally exhausted from the pack and drive and unpack, so I'll have to catch up properly later.
Hi to all the new mamas

:nana:

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#29 of 137 Old 10-10-2007, 12:22 PM

hmmm.....I maybe should join this thread.
#30 of 137 Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
Whoa mamas!
I just read through the thread from where I left off, multi-quoting my way along... till I got to the end and realised that we've jumped to a new month.

shrug

anyways, we are home from the rainbow gathering... it was AWESOME!
I met someone (so did DP). So now I have a real life GIRLFRIEND!!!
(dont worry bjorker, there's still a place in my heart for rainbow pillow goddesses - I'm so happy to see you still have that)

I'm totally exhausted from the pack and drive and unpack, so I'll have to catch up properly later.
Hi to all the new mamas

:nana:

congrats on meeting someone!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page