Midwest sperm bank? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#31 of 265 Old 12-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's kinda funny, that makes 3 Amber's using 038 I hope I can be the 3rd one with a BFP on the first try. I'm doing my first insem sometime next week. Probably around the 30th. or 29th or 31st LOL. I am so nervous.

I can't wait to hear what you're having Amber
#32 of 265 Old 01-25-2008, 06:38 PM

I'm using midwest for the first time. I love that Joanne lets you know if your top choices are effective or not so much. I'll be trying with donor #44 early next week.
#33 of 265 Old 01-26-2008, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
mj74nanny My two vials of donor 44 will arrive tomorrow!! We should insem on Tuesday and Wednesday. This is our second attempt with this donor and our 6th attempt overall. Donor 44 has the best counts I've used so far - over 40 million motile sperm per vial, not just per ml. I think I had a chemical pregnancy with this donor last month because af was 3 days late and my temps were very high. I so hope this second try sticks. This donor has 3 kids listed at donor sibling registry - all boys. I got an email from one of the mothers. She conceived and miscarried on her 3rd cycle, then conceived again twins on her 4th cycle.

Good luck to you! I'll keep watching for your BFP!!!!
Come join us on the Queer TTC in January thread.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#34 of 265 Old 01-26-2008, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

There is a woman on another board that conceived with donor 044 on her first try. She's about 6 weeks now and there is a woman who had a baby girl in Oct. from donor 044 too.

GL ladies!!
#35 of 265 Old 01-27-2008, 01:43 AM

Hi TTC1 Thanks for the info. Do you remember what board they were posting on?

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#36 of 265 Old 01-27-2008, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Hi TTC1 Thanks for the info. Do you remember what board they were posting on?
Sure, http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/f...379801&tid=150
#37 of 265 Old 01-27-2008, 04:40 PM

We almost went with 44, but decided on 197. He has 70% post thaw! SOO much better than what we were getting with Fairfax.

Good luck!!
#38 of 265 Old 01-28-2008, 12:54 PM

Thanks for the info. My swimmers arrive today and I am waiting for my O.
I'm really hoping for success on the first try. I'm single and 33. I have been a nanny to a special needs child for 12 years. I think it is time for me to have my own.
#39 of 265 Old 02-02-2008, 07:58 PM

we also used 197....the numbers were 55 & 56 million with an 85% motily. Just found out a few days ago that I am pregnant!! Apparently this guy has an amazing track record.

Wishing everyone all the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrens77 View Post
We almost went with 44, but decided on 197. He has 70% post thaw! SOO much better than what we were getting with Fairfax.

Good luck!!
#40 of 265 Old 02-06-2008, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaNaj View Post
we also used 197....the numbers were 55 & 56 million with an 85% motily. Just found out a few days ago that I am pregnant!! Apparently this guy has an amazing track record.

Wishing everyone all the best!
Congrats!!

I'm going with donor 216 this month.
#41 of 265 Old 02-08-2008, 01:13 PM

Are there any Moms who used Midwest Sperm Bank. I saw some postings from 07. We had twins Feb 07 and used MSB. I was watching Oprah while the kids took their AM nap and wondering about all the issues. What do you think of the sibling registry? When should one join? Chicago Lesbian moms still on this?
#42 of 265 Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins07 View Post
Are there any Moms who used Midwest Sperm Bank. I saw some postings from 07. We had twins Feb 07 and used MSB. I was watching Oprah while the kids took their AM nap and wondering about all the issues. What do you think of the sibling registry? When should one join? Chicago Lesbian moms still on this?
Hi, I've already joined the sibling registry. What donor did you use?
#43 of 265 Old 04-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Has anyone here been successful with MSB #44, or is using #44 right now? We're using #44 and I'm just curious to see how many kiddos are out there or may be out there soon.

#44 of 265 Old 04-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Has anyone here been successful with MSB #44, or is using #44 right now? We're using #44 and I'm just curious to see how many kiddos are out there or may be out there soon.
He was our back up (he's the Greek, right?) - we went with 197.

Good luck!
#45 of 265 Old 04-09-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:

He's #3 on our list. We've tried with him twice but no luck. George Clooney, right?
#46 of 265 Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 PM

Yep, the Greek George Clooney!

#47 of 265 Old 04-13-2008, 05:21 AM

For those of you using Midwest sperm bank, have you had any problems communicating with them? We are thinking of switching from Xytex to Midwest but I have e-mailed them twice and called once and no one has gotten back to me. So far not impressed. Is there a trick to getting them to contact you?

Do you know if they will work with a midwife? A general practitioner? Or does it have to be an RE and/or OB?

They will deliver the tank to your home right?

Sorry for all the questions but I can't seem to get them to answer them.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#48 of 265 Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
For those of you using Midwest sperm bank, have you had any problems communicating with them? We are thinking of switching from Xytex to Midwest but I have e-mailed them twice and called once and no one has gotten back to me. So far not impressed. Is there a trick to getting them to contact you?

Do you know if they will work with a midwife? A general practitioner? Or does it have to be an RE and/or OB?

They will deliver the tank to your home right?

Sorry for all the questions but I can't seem to get them to answer them.
Well, there is no "they" which is probably the source of your troubles. It's just Joanne, who seems to be a one woman show. I would call. We got good turn around on emails after talking with her on the phone first.

She will ship to your house, and she is fine with midwives. We are using a free standing birth center with midwives who also did our IUI (except the one we did at home) and they signed all her paperwork with no problems.

Good luck!
#49 of 265 Old 04-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Thanks Mahrens for the swift reply. Maybe you replying first is a sign we should go with them. I am very interested in donor #197, which is the donor you used, right? Of course, from the catalog the only thing that interests me is his Polish heritage. Being 100% pure-bred Polack, that is something I have been looking for in a donor.

I guess I'll just keep trying. Is there a better time of day to get ahold of her? Or do you always have to leave a message and she will call you back?

#50 of 265 Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
Thanks Mahrens for the swift reply. Maybe you replying first is a sign we should go with them. I am very interested in donor #197, which is the donor you used, right? Of course, from the catalog the only thing that interests me is his Polish heritage. Being 100% pure-bred Polack, that is something I have been looking for in a donor.

I guess I'll just keep trying. Is there a better time of day to get ahold of her? Or do you always have to leave a message and she will call you back?
Hey, Smartycat! I have to say, Joanne is quite an interesting character but she's always been great and come through for us when we need it. She's been great about suggesting alternate donors when our first choice isn't available, and she's gladly shipped out very last minute when we've been in a pinch.

My advice is to get the paperwork all filled out and faxed in, then try calling, later in the afternoon seems to be the best. Remember, Chicago is on Central time, so early in the morning she's not usually there. We've found that ordering in advance, even if you're not exactly sure when you need the shipment is the best way to ensure that you get your first choice donor.

As much as I hate to say it, money is a major factor for us in determining what bank we went with, and there just isn't anything out there that's a better value than Midwest. They are missing some of the bells and whistles of other banks, but I love that they will ship to your home with no issues, and you can't beat the price.

Hope this helps!
#51 of 265 Old 04-14-2008, 04:45 AM

Thanks astraphell. Joanne wrote back to me today. I guess next step is getting some paperwork filled out. I hate to say it, but cost is an issue here too. Two vials and shipping at Midwest is less than one vial without shipping through Xytex! We may end up using a known donor / fresh next month, but it is good to have options.

#52 of 265 Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Joanne is Great and Midwest sperm counts are too!! there is a woman that post at FertilityFriend commutnity that had a count of 120 million with 70% motility when she had her IUI. You can't beat that with frozen donor sperm and 2 other woman that have had high counts like that when they had their IUIs using Midwest(I'm sure it depends on which donor your using too).

Good Luck ladies!!
#53 of 265 Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 AM

I posted earlier, but just wanted to reiterate that we were thrilled with our Midwest experience. I too thought the customer service was a little "off" - not bad, just not what I expected - but we were thrilled to get pregnant on the fourth try! Also, I liked that when I called to say we had not gotten PG after our third vial (we'd ordered four at a time), and to discuss whether or not to stay with our donor or switch, she was very upfront about the fact that he'd not had any succesful pregnancies (that she knew of), but she did know of one miscarriage (and we were pretty sure we'd had a chemical on taht third try), so she was all ready to suggest another donor if we wanted to switch, but she also encouraged us to try again with him if we wanted, since he had the ethnic profile we wanted. Just sort of plain spoken and direct, which was nice.

I do think she steers an AWFUL lot of people towards those few "super donors", which sort of makes me nervous, especially since SO many of her clients are local/Midwest, but our donor was not a popular one so for us we're not worried.

Good luck!
#54 of 265 Old 05-09-2008, 10:15 AM

hello everyone,
I am looking for mother's who used donor #197 from MWSB. I am going to be using him this month due to not being able to get 38. This month will be the third month i've tried with 197
#55 of 265 Old 05-09-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpd1821APZ View Post
hello everyone,
I am looking for mother's who used donor #197 from MWSB. I am going to be using him this month due to not being able to get 38. This month will be the third month i've tried with 197
I think mahrens77 used that donor and we are interested in him too. We haven't made the switch to Midwest yet, but that would be one of our top choices if we do. Let us know how it works out!!

#56 of 265 Old 05-09-2008, 11:20 AM

I have only gone through MWSB and i haven't had any real problems.. I will give you this advice.. Don't bother trying to get 38 because he is hard to get. One month you can get him and then the next time you have to wait 3 months. That's my problem. I want my 38, got my hopes up because I was able to get him, and now this month i cant. So i'm thinking about just going with 197 for good. but besides that, Joanne at MWSB is great.
#57 of 265 Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 PM

I was reading the boards and whatexactly is a chemical pregnancy?
#58 of 265 Old 05-09-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpd1821APZ View Post
I was reading the boards and whatexactly is a chemical pregnancy?
Very early miscarriage.
#59 of 265 Old 05-24-2008, 01:45 PM
kbk

I feel better reading that everyone feels good about midwest sperm bank. I agree with the customer service-my partner and I have been using midwest for 5 months. our very first try we achieved pregnancy but had an early miscarriage. I agree that #038 is a hot commodity. has anyone used #060 with luck? We have noticed as we have used midwest more, joanne has opened up to us and once we got used to her communication style, it has been much easier to deal with.
Does anyone have any other suggestions of donors they used that are not her "superdonors" that had success?
#60 of 265 Old 05-24-2008, 04:46 PM

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with 197. So far, so good!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page