Queer Parenting Meetup! November 4! Read on for directions/details! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 10-16-2007, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're also in Chicago and would love to join in!
#32 of 57 Old 10-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Wo hooo! there are three of us:-)
Does anyone have suggestions for a good time/place for a Chicago meetup? We're in Berwyn which is close to Oak Park- I'm out of comission this weekend for IVF round#3 bedrest, but maybe first weekend in November? We could even do november 4 and start a Qp meetup time theme
#33 of 57 Old 10-17-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamimapster View Post
Wo hooo! there are three of us:-)
Does anyone have suggestions for a good time/place for a Chicago meetup? We're in Berwyn which is close to Oak Park- I'm out of comission this weekend for IVF round#3 bedrest, but maybe first weekend in November? We could even do november 4 and start a Qp meetup time theme
Wow-you are close to me! I live in South Oak Park (just north of Roosevelt). I'm pretty flexible. I know November 3 is not a good day, as we have to attend a fundraiser for a board DP is on. But any other day is good for me.

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#34 of 57 Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 AM

EMami,
We are actually really, REALLY close. I live in North Berwyn, just south of Roosevelt! We don't normally do outings on saturdays-but sundays are good.
#35 of 57 Old 10-21-2007, 07:32 AM

Are there any others in the south?

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#36 of 57 Old 10-24-2007, 10:12 PM

Megin and I will be there (in Noho that is) on Saturday night/Sunday morning...if anyone else wants to get together before the official get together, let us know.

Also, lex, are you still going to PM directions?

Also again, that Sunday of the gathering is the first day of "fall back" to standard time.

Katie

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#37 of 57 Old 10-25-2007, 10:45 AM

I sent out PM's to everyone who said they were/maybe were coming. If you'd like to come, and you didn't get a PM, post to this thread and let me know!

So exciting!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#38 of 57 Old 10-25-2007, 11:51 AM

I am SO looking forward to this!
#39 of 57 Old 10-25-2007, 11:46 PM

Hi! I'm new to the boards, but my wife and I live in Worcester and would love to be able to meet some other queer parents/parents-to-be. We moved here a little over a year ago and don't know many people in the area. We're in the planning stages for our first. (We get sperm for Christmas! Wee!)

Anyway, could we come and join your gathering? I promise we're nice and can bring tasty foods for whatever dietary restrictions people might have.

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#40 of 57 Old 10-30-2007, 12:40 AM

Hi folks! Like katharinerose, I am new to Worcester, and new to New England in general. I used to moderate QP, but rarely visit this forum these days due to the fact that my life is more broadly focused on being a mama of two children with special needs right now.

However, my dw and I would definitely be up for a future one or two day get together (one in which there is plenty of time to plan in advance), and I personally would love something in North Hampton because that is a fun place to visit.

I will try to keep an eye out for more discussions on future get togethers, but I welcome anyone who wants to PM me too...in case I miss something.

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#41 of 57 Old 11-02-2007, 10:58 AM

Just checking in to see if everyone's still planning on making it to Sunday's get together? We're driving out to the Valley on Saturday to visit family, and plan to be at Lex's house by 1/2ish, depending on Stuart's nap that morning... we can't wait to meet everyone, particularly those who are actually in the NoHo and/or Boston areas, since those are our two stomping grounds...

See you Sunday!
#42 of 57 Old 11-02-2007, 01:40 PM

Just clarifying...the get together at Lex's house is on Sunday, right? We're planning to be there...

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#43 of 57 Old 11-02-2007, 02:58 PM
kjm

If I can kick this cold (harder than its kicked me...):

It is moving it way through, but promise I will not come and share my germs with any mamas, babes, or bellies. If I am not 100% I will NOT come. Though I will certainly shed a tear or two--I was really looking forward to meeting so many of you.

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#44 of 57 Old 11-03-2007, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

I will be there! And Keely, you better be there too. Just wear a mask or something to protect the spread of germs...

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#45 of 57 Old 11-03-2007, 12:22 AM
kjm

ok I'll craigslist a medical mask

Good luck tomorrow Angela--you'll be fabulous!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#46 of 57 Old 11-03-2007, 10:07 AM

Yay! I'm so glad that everyone's still planning to come! We are definitely still on for hosting.

In terms of sickness issues, I did want to let you all know that the baby (we like to call him that, "the baby," though he's nearly one and has a name!) is on the tail end of a cold/cough. He's had it for about 2 weeks, and it wasn't a big deal even at its peak (no fever, no sleepless nights), and I don't know if it will still be contagious, or if he'll even still be coughing tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure to let you all know. I hope you will all make the informed choice to come anyway! Jaz (4.5) has a bit of a cough as well, though he hasn't coughed yet today, so it may be done with. He started a couple days before Zeb.

For the record, we are fine with others sharing sickness germs so long as they aren't puking-sickness germs or flu germs. Colds are not a big deal for us since they're pretty inevitable at this time of year.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#47 of 57 Old 11-03-2007, 10:31 AM

I'm so excited for you all! Have fun.
#48 of 57 Old 11-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Hi! We're planning on coming tomorrow. We may get lost (as we've not been to that area before) but we should be there by 1:30-2.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#49 of 57 Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 AM

I forgot to officially rsvp yesterday, but we'll be there! We've got two meetings beforehand, so we may be a tad late. Looking forward to it!
#50 of 57 Old 11-04-2007, 07:40 PM

Big thanks to Lex and her family for hosting! I had a great time! It was fun to meet you all! See y'all again soon, I hope!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#51 of 57 Old 11-04-2007, 08:49 PM

Big thanks to Lex for hosting!

It was great to meet everyone. We really appreciated just talking with people who've BTDT, or who are going through the process.

And it was wonderful to met your beautiful kids! They are all great!

#52 of 57 Old 11-04-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Big thanks to Lex and her family for hosting! I had a great time! It was fun to meet you all! See y'all again soon, I hope!
Ditto that! We had a great time, and thanks so much Lex, Lena, and family for opening your wonderful home to us.

We were in Noho all weekend and I asked Quinn his favorite part. He said, "Playing with the kids with two moms." Thanks for that!

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#53 of 57 Old 11-04-2007, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, yes, and yes! It was so great to meet you all, and to finally put faces to online personalities!

Lex, thank you so much for opening your home to us. It was so nice to just sit around and talk with everyone, and also, inspiring to see such beautiful queer families.

Hope to see you all again soon, and of course, let me know if you find yourselves in Providence!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#54 of 57 Old 11-04-2007, 10:44 PM
kjm

Correctly posted: oops originally posted to the Nov TTC list

Yeah it was great!! Thanks everybody!! This is my first online community experience and actually meeting you all helped me immensely...Now I know you're real.

As for the MA Homebirth Midwife that will do IUI with fresh (washed) sperm

http://www.newlifemidwifery.com/aboutus.html

I know Meg and Katie wanted this specifically, and I apologize that she isn't sure close, but she isn't wicked far either.

For the rest of you, its a great sites with good stories and pics.

#55 of 57 Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 AM

Thanks to everyone for coming out - it was so nice to meet everyone, and to hear your stories and to see the kids! Stuart had a blast playing with the other kids (and all the cool balls!), and we really enjoyed ourselves as well.

I was tickled to see an old friend there, too - what a small world! Course, the Valley is notoriously small-town, so perhaps it's not that much of a surprise?!

I hope we can do this again - and if any of y'all are in the Boston area and want to do some playgroups out this way, just let me know!

Have a great week, and good luck to all who are ttc-ing right now!
#56 of 57 Old 11-05-2007, 12:36 PM

Yes, thanks, Lex and family for hosting! Maddie and I had a wonderful time (she obviously didn't want to leave, and kept talking about her new friends all evening!) It was so great to meet everyone!
#57 of 57 Old 11-05-2007, 05:57 PM

We were very happy to host you all, and I'm glad everyone had a good time! Thanks for coming! We should definitely do something like that again sometime . . . maybe as a celebration when you're all newly pregnant!

Lex

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page