anyone going to Michigan - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-29-2003, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone from here going to the Michigan Womyn's music festival??
We are getting all packed, and excited!!
Kirsten
#2 of 4 Old 07-30-2003, 10:11 PM

We're not going...haven't been post-baby. I *love* it if you post about your experience when you get back.
#3 of 4 Old 08-01-2003, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

We have had a great time for the past two years with DD in tow, and we think that this year will be more fun with a 2.5 year old!!
When DD was 6 months, she went everywhere with us. WE had a bike trailer that we strapped her infant car seat into, and used that for her stroller.
Last year, Elin went to sprouts child care, and had a great time. She was able to be with the same womyn every am and pm. She adjusted very well, and had a great time!! the storms did not bother her!!
I am so happy that we can spend a week a year showing Elin that girls and womyn can build a community out of the woods.
This year promises to be even more fun, Elin just started to use the potty 2 weeks ago, and I am not looking forward to the road trip, or the porta Janes
Kirsten
#4 of 4 Old 08-01-2003, 03:09 PM

I was hoping to go with my 6 week old son, but we're having feeding problems and I'm tethered to my pump and they haven't put outlets in the ferms yet! I was thinking that a 6 weeker in a sling would be easier than a one year old (next year) but its not to be. Plus, last year I spent the whole week meditating on the baby I was about to conceive (I started insems right after fest) so I was looking forward to bringing the fruit of my labors. I'll be missing it terribly. Have some nut loaf for me!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page