Queer TTC November 2007 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pranava,

I usually O on day 15 or 16, but last month, I got my positive OPK on day 12, and O'd on either day 13 or 14. Did you try testing again today?

Is your cervix open? How are your other signs? If you're feeling like it's early, maybe wait until tomorrow morning to do the second. But, I think it's definitely possible to O early- I know that I have.

Good luck!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#62 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 02:49 PM
kjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
ETA:
ok. I've been seeing this more...and I'm stumped...I don't thinks its "estimated time for arrival" I'm guessing E____ To All??? but I can't figure it out...so come on enlighten a sister!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#63 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
kjm

Pran
I also count anytime before bedtime as CD1 but I almost always see AF by noon so...

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#64 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm View Post
ok. I've been seeing this more...and I'm stumped...I don't thinks its "estimated time for arrival" I'm guessing E____ To All??? but I can't figure it out...so come on enlighten a sister!!
Edited to add

-Rachel

#65 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 03:32 PM

Pranava,

I'd also try another brand of OPK just to confirm. If it also shows up positive I'd do tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how long past a pos OPK you usually O.

Oh a crazy ride, eh?

Good luck!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#66 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 03:51 PM

Pravana -- I too would trust the OPK. But then, I've always had very accurate results with them. : for you!

As for me -- my post-miscarriage period has kicked in -- yay! I'm not sure what's harder, waiting to ovulate, or the 2WW!!

: I am a woman of faith; a mother; a writer. :
#67 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I thought what kk had said is that the process of fertilization lowers the immunities but what Mollie found on line is that the body actually suppressesthe immune system so the baby wont be "fought off" and that is clearly what is happening for me??
No no, I said that your immune system is suppressed so you don't attack the baby. Sorry if I was confusing. That's totally what happened for me. All 3 of us got sick but mine lasted way longer than everyone elses. That's because your immune system is suppressed. That's why I got such a high fever etc and nobody else did.

So, without being the one to jinx it again! - it's all sounding particularly positive!

Smell has been a bad one for me. I can't get away from them. Even smelling myself. It's been driving me nuts. I was in tears yesterday because I'm so fucking sick of being nauseous and tired and everything stinking. But then I come to my senses and am stoked again.
#68 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for all the encouragement!

I've been using 2 different brands of OPK's 3 times a day, and both are telling me the same thing. LH surge yesterday around 5pm. I had some major EWCM yesterday as well, but have dried up today. I never can tell with my cervix - it seems to fluctuate too much in one day's time. So, I will trust the OPK's and insem again around midnight tonight - 31 hrs past surge.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#69 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
kjm

Mujer- can't wait to have you back in the saddle again!! I have felt like a side kick without my heroine (No not the drug--YOU silly)

kk
--my long lost friend...I was sadly lamenting your having "moved on" this morning as I showered--woo-woo I was thinking of while I was nak'd: Naw! Not like that--But I missed you, and I'm glad your still with us and sad to hear that the symptoms have been trying to take over your life. This kiddo is trying very hard to show you who is boss!

Pran:

Zyla bleed mama bleed--let it all out--don't rush the waiting til O--I think the 2ww sucks far worse!!

#70 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Pranava: I would think that you would count whatever day you get your period as day 1 because your progesterone has officially plummeted enough to cause your uterine lining to start sloughing off. I think your timing was great and doing another insem tonight sounds like you would come in at the tail end of your fertility.

kk: is there something that you do still like the smell of? An essential oil that doesn't make you gag? If there is, wear it so that you can smell it all the time! My most heightened sense of smell was when I was in labor and the worst smell to me was the smell of clothing. Not necessarily dirty clothing, just cloth. Perhaps with some natural human oil and body smell in them. Particularly pants, especially jeans. When I was in labor I sat on the birth ball a lot and would lean against my doula who was standing... God bless her, I love her so, but I didn't konw how to tell her that the smell of her jeans was making me sick to my stomach. And it wasn't her fault! And now I totally understand why people have scented oils and candles at their births. keep your chin up, mama, and try to remember (I know it's hard) that you're so sick because your progesterone is high and that's GOOD!

to all... I am not holding my breath for this cycle, I am having no symptoms whatsoever. Too early, too early!!

xo Jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#71 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
kjm

Hey y'all

I'm completely polka dotted--No I mean it--I am covered
What started 20 or so dots on my arms and belly has spread over my whole body. I don't understand! I did not eat any of the same food today as yesterday. I didn't take the same medicines/herbs/etc.
I drank different tea even!! Nothing is the same yet they keep growing!!!!

I'm leaving the office now and going home to my sweet woman who is preparing a oatmeal bath for me---aaaaahhhh

It was a long day back at work 11 hours but I did take a great nap here on our work couch mid day (I slept 2 hours!) and I had a crazy dream that involved me playing with my pet lion. huh? If this insem sticks my due date would fall under Leo???

#72 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Keely, that sounds crazy! I hope these are all great symptoms that can add to the internet info out there as correlated with pregnancy!

On another note, I'm wondering if you can share the info/where to get the test that you described that can test sperm count at home. We're going/hoping to use the fly the fresh sperm to us kit next round and want a sense of the sperm count to figure out whether it's a good option for us.

Thanks!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#73 of 384 Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 PM
kjm

This is the one we used but we bought it at CVS

http://www.babyhopes.com/fertilmarq.html

#74 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

kjm I do think so?! I calculated if I actually got pregnant on this try and the due date would have been August...

#75 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Keely, that sounds crazy! I hope these are all great symptoms that can add to the internet info out there as correlated with pregnancy!

On another note, I'm wondering if you can share the info/where to get the test that you described that can test sperm count at home. We're going/hoping to use the fly the fresh sperm to us kit next round and want a sense of the sperm count to figure out whether it's a good option for us.

Thanks!
megin
Some women on the "TTC in our 30s" board have used this one, and had good experiences:

http://www.fertell.com/

Apparently it's more accurate than the other brand of home test available, but who really knows...

Good luck!

#76 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
It was a long day back at work 11 hours but I did take a great nap here on our work couch mid day (I slept 2 hours!) and I had a crazy dream that involved me playing with my pet lion. huh? If this insem sticks my due date would fall under Leo???
That is such a cool dream!! You are SO pregnant.

Sorry about the spots...you don't have measles do you??

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#77 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 06:57 AM

fly by...
test results were almost perfect!!!
Waiting for DP to get home with some swimmers!
eek!! :

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#78 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 AM

MMM That's awesome news! Good Luck to you!

KJM Sorry about the rash - sounds like chicken pox. I hope it's a good sign. I love the lion dream!!! What a great story to tell your little Leo child!!!

We did the second IUI at 12:30 am at 5am my temp is still down. I'm hoping for O early this morning. So, I'm officially Waiting to Know and quite impatient about it! It's gonna be a long 2 weeks.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#79 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 AM
kjm

Yeah Mujer Swimmy swim swimm!!!! go get 'em tiger!!!

Jen? are you challenging my newage occult astrological obsessions?? yes, my dear July 25th (my proposed due date) would be a Leo...

So I am totally covered from head to toe!!! Like on my friggin eye lids?????!

Yuck!!! I've taken 2 oatmeal baths, coated myself head to toe in aloe and even broke down and took Benadryl to NO AVAIL!!! I'm freakin out and on my way to the doctors. First my GP and if I don't like what they say then my hippie allergy doc yo really figure it out. I'm gonna beg to see if anyone can access EPF test--I'll say I don't want to take anything that will hurt my fragile embryo?

#80 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM

MMM- So glad to hear the test results came back good and you're inseming. Good luck! :

Keely - Girl, you're so pregnant with your lion dream. How awesome. Sorry about the spots, let us know what the doc says. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Pravana - : looks like your timing was great! to you.

-Rachel

#81 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Jen? are you challenging my newage occult astrological obsessions?? yes, my dear July 25th (my proposed due date) would be a Leo...
oh no, I was agreeing with you!!! And i'm wondering too: do you have chicken pox?!

MMM swim swim swim! :

I woke up with a slight feeling of nausea and a little cramping but I am busy telling myself that it was hunger and needing to pee and the fact that I skated about 7 miles or so last night. Not going to get myself worked up... not going to get myself worked up... not not not...

#82 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM

Wow, it sounds like an eventful November for everyone so far! Lots of luck....
especially to poor spot-riddled kjm! Are you sure your dream was about a lion and not a leopard?? It sounds promising!

Just wanted to add, we're officially Waiting to O now. AF showed up yesterday. I had a moment of sadness, but I can't really expect to be that lucky that it would take on the first try!

I really think all the stress of watching and waiting and trying to time things properly really threw my cycle for a loop. I usually have a longer cycle, but this one went 37 days!! I'm hoping now that I have the stress of our first try out of the way, I can calm down a bit for the next one.

We're expecting to be inseminating right around Thanksgiving this month. Insert multiple turkey baster jokes here....
#83 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
kjm

so my GP was practically useless. she tries but allopathy has eaten her brain. she is concerned that this is a viral symptom and she fears that it will turn bacterial? Isn't that always the western medicine diagnosis? Beacsue then they can prescribe antibiotics?

She is smart enough to know that whatever the next step is, it is important to know if I am pregnant, before she goes writing prescriptions I may never fill. So she reluctantly sent me to the lab for a HcG count. She told me she would probably call me with the results NEXT TUESDAY??!!?? Hello?!! I asked that she call tomorrow. She said that if there was anything alarming of course she would call? and scurried out the door? Anything alarming?? what would be alarming about an HcG count? its either high or low? at 10 DPO I wouldn't expect an alarming # regardless? maybe she forgot what teats she had just ordered? maybe she was on auto pilot? Regardless I'm spotted amd itch so I'm gonna go see my hippie doc at Northampton Wellness to order some real tests. man I wish I could find someone who could test for EPF--I truly thing EPF is to blame for my magical disappearing immune system

#84 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
kjm

oh astra sorry the AF came!!
It is sad, so its ok to be sad. First time seems like the hardest. You know its silly to get your hopes up, but you still do! Please note I said "seems like the hardest" because then month 2 comes and that feels even harder--I mean you've figured out all the gliches, you are sure you did it right? And the the 3rd month comes and this time you know its the one---See where I'm going with this? Every month feels like the hardest--because it is!! This is hard work, so remind yourself you are an amazing creature on an amazing journey and the getting there is just as important as the being there! Take good care of yourself, and take faith in the process. we know it works--we just don't know when

#85 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 PM
kjm

ok my sis an hour away wanted to see what I'm dealing with so I did post pictures of my nasty bumpy self online--Warning these are not for the meek at heart...spontaneous itching may errupt across the MDC world--but if you wanna see me posing in my skivies--no really the pictures are gross, but its kinda like a car accident right?

myspace.com/keelyjayne In the album marked appropriately as "Warning These are Gross"

Enjoy

#86 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Quick note...

Keely- Once or twice a year, I get covered in random, spontaneous hives. It sucks, and no one can ever figure out why it happens, even though it's been happening since I was a baby. I'm really, really sorry- I feel your pain on this one, sister. For the record, the only thing that takes them away quickly is Prendazone (which is BAD BAD BAD for you under normal circumstances, never mind when you might be pregnant with lion cub), or, more slowly, ridiculous amounts of benadryl (i'm talking like 8 to 10 a day), over several days. Not that I encourage you to try this on your own. At all. I hope you're feeling better.

MMM- Woohoo for perfect test levels! And double-woohoo for new swimmers!

Astraphell- I'm sorry about AF.

Everyone else- I'll write more soon. Have to run to an appt...

#87 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
kjm

yeah Noho Wellness was just as useless!! her only idea was Steroids Too!!!
When I said that was what my GP offered she was stumped--she actually turned around at her desk and grabbed for her mouse--Yup she googled? $110 outta pocket and she is doing exactly what Mollie and I did all day?? Yes she did have fancy access codes to MD sites but do you know what she found on that site?? That stinging nettles are safe for pregnancy?!? If we knew thats what she was looking for we could've told her THAT!! Nettles is a Pregnancy herb--Duh!! Uggghhhh...

I just flushed that money away?--Thats what I get for looking for a second opinion?

#88 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

keely how frustrating! And how horribly itchy looking! You might try some homeopathic apis mellifica which is what you give after bee stings... there also are some other remedies indicated for rashes and itchiness but you know your symptoms better than I do - try the online remedy finder at abchomeopathy.com - homeopathy is safe to use in pregnancy!!!

If you are too daunted by the number of choices, I bet a homeopath or perhaps a chiropractor would have some ideas - or a good midwife? Because it if is hormonal I bet they'd know where to go and if not they'd know who to ask... good luck!

#89 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 09:12 PM

Kjm That is some crazy rash - and not like any chicken pox I've ever seen!!! The midwife sounds like a really good idea to me. I hope it's just preggo hormones!

#90 of 384 Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 PM
kjm

I should probably clarify when I say my GP, I actually see a Nurse Practitioner who works under some guy I've never met, but my insurance covers him.
She is cool, just not helpful right now. oh well I'm gonna itch my way to bed
Night

(edited to correct NP not Midwife--not sure what I was thinking...no excuse...)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page