Queer TTC November 2007 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to November! How many BFPs can we add before December arrives?

Thanks to MujerMamaMismo for keeping last month's thread... hey I'm just copying all of this from your October lead post MMM

October Queer TTC can be found here

:A Rainbow of options!:

Waiting to O
mahrens77
Scalpel
twylightdove
JenInMpls
MujerMamaMismo
baby_baby_mommy
simcon
2happymamas

Waiting to O on a day when swimmers can actually be shipped
Zyla

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW
Sugerson
Cookie70
Hulahoop
osker
travelgirlz
mhiccup
snoopy13
astraphell

Waiting to Implant
starling&diesel

Taking a Break
FtMPapa
kjm
ktcl (and DP megincl)
QTRANDI
pranava
BurtsGirl

Waiting to be Ready
wannabemoms
simplelah
erthe_mama

Waiting to be healthy / WTF is going on with my Body?
whoop whoop we like it when this column is empty!

November BFP!!!

anonymous per request, eating chocolate eclairs
AngelaM
solejean
lmh222 (actually was a BFP in September, but hey! it's a queer BFP! Let's celebrate!)

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#2 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 05:06 PM

Cool! Add me to "taking a break."

I hope to change that soon enough.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#3 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Cool! Add me to "taking a break."

I hope to change that soon enough.
Welcome back, FtMPapa! We've missed you!

Alright folks, let's spread that baby dust around. I feel like this is going to be a good month...

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#4 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 05:11 PM

And thanks, Jen, for being the new threadkeeper! Many thanks to MujerMama for doing such a great job last month.

Jen, hope the insem goes well. My fingers are crossed for you!

#5 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM View Post
Welcome back, FtMPapa! We've missed you!

Alright folks, let's spread that baby dust around. I feel like this is going to be a good month...
Thanks - I've missed y'all too!

And, erm, if anyone knows any sperm in Western Mass, I'm ovulating right now. . . kidding, kidding, but I'm thinking about trying to get the ball rolling again in a month or so.

I'm still hoping to see you at that Thing on Saturday, but it's looking less and less likely, but I'm totally on board for The Other Thing in NoHo on Sunday.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#6 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 07:04 PM

Hey there queer ttc'ers! I follow along as best I can, but I have to admit it's easier at the beginning of each month

Good luck and much baby dust to you all!!!

Used to be stay at home parent to our two lovely girls, survived nursing school with family intact, about to graduate and looking for a job! I low-supply nursed my bio daughter for 3 years. 

#7 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 PM

Hi and Happy Halloween to everyone!

Please add us to waiting to know! We did our first IUI this morning and have our second tomorrow Thanks!!
#8 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 PM

We are still new and not around much, but we are waiting to know. Today is 12 DPO and we got a BFN this morning, but hoping it was just too early!!

GOOD LUCK to everyone!
#9 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the new thread Jen! Fabulous job!

Welcome back FtMPapa!

Jen good luck on the insems

travelgirlz & Melissa coming your way!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

-Rachel

#10 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 PM

Hey all, and welcome back Papa!

Thanks for the new thread.

We'll be testing tomorrow. Katie is feeling skeptical. I don't know how to feel. She's on progesterone so temps aren't really a good indication. They are still nice and high.....ugh, the rollercoaster was so calm for so long. Now it's taking us for one heck of a ride.

will report back tomorrow....

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#11 of 384 Old 10-31-2007, 11:00 PM

Hi all!

I've been scarce for a while - took a month off ttc and work has been crazy. But I'm back. Had a fabulous iui this afternoon and we feel really good about it Gobs and gobs of EWCM, a smiley face on the pee stick, a smooth iui, and just general good vibes

So please move me to waiting to know!
#12 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 12:26 AM

Subbing In, and answering a question from the Oct thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcl View Post

How long have you folks been on this rollercoaster of TTC? We started a year ago...yet have only tried 5 times given our bizarre donor situation. It just feels so long!
!
Dd #1 was quick (Dp is super-fertile) 1 IUI w/dud donor, 2IUI's w/super-fertile donor a total of three months until PG.

for me OYYYYY. 2+ years, 13 IUI's, 3 surgeries (Uterine Polyps 2X, ovarian cysts 1X),one shortlisted adoption that fell through, and now we are on IVF round #3 using my eggies- I am the nut who REALLY wants to have a turn at being pregnant:!
I ABSOLUTELY PLAN to be Pregnant THIS time, but if not:

We have one more shot at IVF-most likely using Dp's eggies of power w/me as carrier. and then if that doesn't work the INS has run out and we
re-eveluate having more than one. We were out of pocket for everything until the INS kicked in for surgeries and IVF.
#13 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 12:46 AM

Hey, great to see so many faces!

Mhiccup- Welcome back! Glad the IUI went well. We just switched donors from TSBC, and I'm excited about the new, super-high-sperm-count swimmers that will arrive next week.

Megin & Katie- Oh god, I can barely stand the suspense! I'll be checking in first thing tomorrow...

Mahrens77- Welcome! I hope that BFN turns into a BFP.

Travelgirlz- Fingers crossed for productive IUIs...

Mamimapster- That's a lot of waiting... Sending you lots of positive thoughts, and hopes that this is it for you guys.

FtMPapa- I'm sorry, do you really mean that you're planning to skip out on my 8:30 Saturday morning conference panel? As added incentive (as if the thought of hearing my paper in a not-well-enough-caffeinated daze wasn't adequate), I sense that half of queer academic New England is going to be here this weekend. So if it's some gay spermies you're looking for, this may be the place to be... But if not, I'll see you at the Parenting Meeting in Noho on Sunday.

Alright, I'm off to bed. Happy fertile baby dust to everyone out there!

#14 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the well wishes!

If your name is in the wrong list, could you let me know? I have been catching up with a few things from the October thread.

night night!!

#15 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 AM
kjm

Angela--I just read your last Oct posts!! I am soo excited about the "trade"!! I feel real positive about this for you

Burts--sorry to be the "no temp-tress" no one of these techniques work for everyone, but something and some wack variation will work for each of us--whatever keeps you sane is the way to go.

Jen, Mah, Travel, and Mami--::

Mhicc--Welcome back!! how is it on the "outside"?

Ftm---Welcome to the Neighborhood (yup small freakin' world--we are neighbors!!)

Meg&Katie--I'm on pins and needles--

as for me I'm sick and it sucks!! I have successful stunted it through immense amounts of herbs, immuno mushrooms and garlic--but I can't get it to leave!!! Its been a burning scratching in my throat and body aches for 2 full days now. This just doesn't seem like good conditions for fertilization!! I'm not even sure if I've O'ed yet??!!! My body has been so thrown of!! I'm sure I have today is CD 16 (I usually 14 or 15) but my CM has been inconclusive, and I never got a "clear" +OPK--mostly because my newage midwife neighbor told me that good hydration is the key to successful conception--Yeah but it waters down my OPK results. Anyway, we did 4 insems this month, but I have very low expectations--I fear that my body is trying so hard to fight this cold and it doesn't have time and or energy to make a baby too?
Here's to hoping I fully recover by Sunday--I don't want to miss meeting ya'll but I don't want too share my germs when I share my love.

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#16 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 AM

Megin - How'd the testing go?

Mhiccup - Welcome back and coming your way!

Mami- like Angela sending lots of positive vibes your way, sounds like it's been a tough ride. : this is the month!

KJM - Hope your feeling better soon but remember that KK also had a cold when she got her BFP!

As for me the B*itch showed up full force early this morning. Jen - please me me to "WAITING TO O"

Round 4, ding.

-Rachel

#17 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 AM

Negative this morning.

Two more days of testing, and then if still negative, Katie goes off the progesterone. Then we're screwed for a while.

:but not giving up complete hope....
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#18 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 11:15 AM

Megin

I'm awaiting my first post-miscarriage period (it's been a month, so soon, hopefully), then I'll be trying again. :

: I am a woman of faith; a mother; a writer. :
#19 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 11:49 AM

I'm still here, and still waiting to be ready. Well, we're more than ready (we've got the all-clear healthwise, we've abandonned caffeine and alcohol, we've got sperm, we've got the family on board...), it's our RE that we're waiting on. Our consult is scheduled for January 14th, and we can start IUIs the very first cycle after the appointment, which could be as soon as a week after! So, just being very impatient. I'm following all you gals who are actively trying though, and crossing my fingers for all of you!
#20 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 12:11 PM
kjm

Burts-- sorry 'bout the bitch, but it sounds like you are well on your way to hormone balancing and RE support for future cycles.

KK--Did you have a cold during your BFP cycle? or was it the cycle before?
As soon as I told DP I was sick she said , "Yeah but KK was sick when she got pregnant!" I had NO idea DP actually listens to my MDC chatter

Megin & Katie--bummer girls, but remember as has been said many times before on this list--It ain't over until AF shows up. I'm sorry your KD lives so far away. Any possibility of a Dec visit? Does he have nay family here? Holidays are a good lure....

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#21 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 01:20 PM

BurtsGirl- Big hugs. I'm so sorry. Evil, evil, evil AF... But, like KJM said, I'm feeling confident that a little progesterone supplementation may be all you need.

Megin & Katie- Grrr, stupid BFNs. What dpo are you? I'm so sorry this has been a frustrating process for you. I find it hard enough to get my friend who does my inseminations (and lives five blocks away) in the right place at the right time. I can't imagine working with someone who lives across the country.

Keely- Feel better. That's really funny about your DP- I often wonder how much of my babymaking chatter is actually making it into my GF's head...

Zyla- It's rare that I wish AF upon anyone, but in this case, may she come swiftly. Hugs, and good luck with this next cycle.

All is well with me today. I'm feeling very positive about our new donor, and taking advantage of the opportunity to use the word "motility" in conversation as much as possible. My friends and I have been joking that everyone at the next insemination will get a contact pregnancy from this young man's potent sperm. Anyway, the tank arrives next Thursday, and I'm excited!

Looking forward to seeing some of you on Sunday at the Noho Meetup!

#22 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 01:35 PM

I've been lurking for the last two months. We took a break to switch from frozen to known donor. I thought I'd join in now that I'm in the 2ww.

I'm not feeling very positive about it as my temps are all over the place. My sleep has been somewhat erratic so that could be it but I am beginning to suspect I had an anovulatory cycle. But I had such good fertile signs during insem! Ugh...

Anyway, this is try 6 and our first with our known donor. If I did ovulate then I'm about 4 dpo.

Queer poly family trying since October 2006. Currently using a known donor and no medical interventions.
#23 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 02:08 PM

I'm out this month--no need to move me, as I don't think I ever got moved! I'm feeling great, though, physically, and very even-keeled emotionally--I wish it would happen sooner, but have lots of things to occupy me at the moment.

Burtsgirl--so sorry to hear about your cd1...

Megan and Katie--argh, bfns! I hear you on logistical hassles (I just booked a no-cost plane ticket--rescheduled unused one from last month--that I just found out I won't be using because our kd will be out of town--now just hoping I don't ovulate on the weekend, and can still do IUIs... but we are using up those vials! sigh.)

kjm--I had such a cold for my last BFP; I had to leave a movie halfway through and go crawl into bed--but you know when conception's going to happen, those tiny cells are going to burrow in there, however you're feeling!

Zyla, hope your cycle starts soon!

good luck to everyone else!!
#24 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 07:58 PM
kjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twylightdove View Post
t I am beginning to suspect I had an anovulatory cycle.
I never stop learning from you ladies!! So Twy could this be why I haven't had any EWCM this month? Or why I consistently got faints on my opks?

huh? maybe this is what is going on? now I will scroogle my night away trying to figure out why this happens????

#25 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Megin and Katie, we know how you feel!! Crossing fingers for both of us that we get the magic BFP. Susan was SURE AF was coming this morning, but cramping is gone and no sign of her. We will test again tomorrow.

Lots of luck for everyone else.
#26 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm View Post
Did you have a cold during your BFP cycle? or was it the cycle before?
As soon as I told DP I was sick she said , "Yeah but KK was sick when she got pregnant!" I had NO idea DP actually listens to my MDC chatter
Yep. I was sick as a fucking dog for days. I had a dangerously high fever for 2 days, a fever for 5 days, and a flue for over a week. It was awful. But that's when I got my BFP. There's no logic to this process. Or this world for that matter!

I actually did a fair bit of research when I was sick cuz I was so worried, and it turned out that it's really very common to get sick in your first trimester (or your first week in my case!) because your body suppress your immune system a bit so you can accept your baby & the changes being made. So it makes you susceptible, and worse still, it makes it take much longer to get over the damned thing. It was being sick for so much longer than everyone else that made me wonder if I was pregnant, cuz' it's so not like me.

Also, your body keeps looking after the baby unless it's pretty much a life or death situation for the mother. It only sacrifices the baby to save the mother. As long as the mother isn't in any danger the baby will keep getting what it needs. Good baby! Good body!

The fever thing is a problem at certain periods of the pregnancy. Like when the nervous system is developing, but you don't have to worry about that in the first month or two.

So the conclusion - never fear, all is well!

Oh, and re CM, I never got any that matched the fertile description (stretchy). Same like I didn't get any positive OPKs. So I wouldn't worry so much about that. There's so many variables in these bodily processes so you can't take any single sign too seriously.
#27 of 384 Old 11-01-2007, 10:29 PM

AAAAGH - change me to BFN...and waiting to O. Poopy - the worst - we will try again next month - flying the KD out to us. Getting a midwife!:
#28 of 384 Old 11-02-2007, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

well wouldn'tcha know it the resort we're at has wifi

imsem went fine, obgyn who did it said CM "couldn't look better", and I had some cramping which felt like ovulation cramping in the car on the drive up here this afternoon. Could have been gas - anything - I'm not going to hold my breath. Just moving forward with life - if it happens, it happens - it will happen when it is meant to. Was pretty funny though that 2 folks in the clinic recognized me from the last go-round.

Funniest was that there were some workers who were mucking around on the roof of the terrace of this clinic which put them essentially right outside of the window of the room I was in. With the blinds up. The ob was mortified and couldn't stop apologizing.

Happy weekend.

#29 of 384 Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 AM

Hello all! A happy, fruitful November to everyone!

I'm still technically waiting to know, but I really don't have high hopes for this go-round. I'm either 8 or 9dpo, but I'm pretty sure our timing was way messed up. We went very early, and I think my stress actually delayed ovulation even more! Oh well, the first time is just the practice round right?

AF should be here by Monday, if she's coming, and I've had a few cramps and lower back pain yesterday. I've decided not to test at all unless Tuesday comes and goes with no sign of her. DP isn't quite as patient, however. I swear if she could, she'd start sneaking tests into the john in the hopes that I would pee on them by accident!
#30 of 384 Old 11-02-2007, 03:07 PM
kjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraphell View Post
Oh well, the first time is just the practice round right?
Yup Yup, Our first try in May was day 21?? That was what I came up with afer 6 months of temping?? See why I don't temp??
My second attempt (we took June off) was in July and I was going to insem on day 14 and day 16 (I O'd on day 15) until the lovely ladies from this list schooled me otherwise--duh no use in doing it after you O!!
And please keep in mind this was after reading everything I could online as well as 3 books---There is a definite learning curve here

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraphell View Post
DP isn't quite as patient, however. I swear if she could, she'd start sneaking tests into the john in the hopes that I would pee on them by accident!
Tell me about it!?!?!? DP and I looked at the calendar and I told her I would test Fri the 16th if no AF on Thurs ---She begged and pleaded and told me all her reasons why that was the worse day in the whole world!!
Now we have agreed to Tues the 13th??!!?!?!? That will be 14 dpo--but still!! I'm such a sucker for cute chicks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page