Where is Madison? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-05-2003, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone heard from Madison? I hope that everything is okay with her and baby Ian.

Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-22-2003, 07:32 PM

Hey all, long time no talk!

Ian and I are doing great. I just have NO computer access - well, maybe access twice a month or so - so we are never here anymore. It sucks.

I am loving being Ian's mama. He is such a doll. He's now going on 11 lbs! He's in the 40th percentile for weight and the 25th for height - up from the 5th and 10th percentiles!!! He's blond with blue eyes and is starting to coo and smile; it's great and it's so fun to see him get all excited to see me and respond to my being goofy with him. He sleeps with me very nicely and I can honestly say that I am not sleep deprived yet (yet!, knock on wood). He finally figured out nursing so he's doing well - he's nursing every hour and a half to 2 hours during the hot days now, LOL and every 3 at night. He's sleeping in the sling as I type this

We're cloth diapering part time - I'm not as thrilled with it as I thought I'd be, frankly. Nothing so far fits him right - he leaks or poops out of everything, which makes me less than enthusiastic about cloth, lol. He's really long in the torso, short in the legs, and diapers just slide off his nonn-existant butt... he has Plumber's Crack all the time, LOL!!! I am also laundering at a laundrymat, but it's not as difficult as I thought it might be - what's another load when you're already there? It IS a chore, however, lugging four bags of laundry AND a carseat AND the soap/cling free sheets etc inside! Oye.

I am desperately trying to find out ways to work from home or find a nanny position. I think I have a couple of leads - pray that one of them works out because I do NOT want to return to my corporate job. I've used up my disability leave AND my all of my personal vacation days - I'm on unpaid leave starting Monday and can stay out until the end of September, when I have to return to work or quit officially. I do not want to put Ian in daycare for 11 hours a day; I cry every time I think about it or visit a daycare or preschool to check out the facilities. I'd like to find a nice duplex with a yard and babysit kids myself and keep him home, AND start up my crafts business... when I start posting my soaps on E-Bay, I'll let you all know! It'll likely be the 1st week in September I'm madly making soap right now, hehehe. Anyone wanna buy some soaps?

The hospital bills keep coming in, and the insurance reimbursements do not, so I'm stressed over the money situation. Plus I'm on unpaid leave starting Monday, so there is no more income coming in at all. I'm really stressed about the situation, but am trusting the universe to provide... kinda What's the saying? "Trust in God, but tie up your camel." Yeah, that's it!

I am hoping to unload some Star Trek autographs and memorabilia on E-bay, so pray they sell well and I can buy a 2nd hand computer and hang out here again

Anyway, hope things are well with you all and I miss you.

madison and Ian

#3 of 5 Old 08-23-2003, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

I am SO glad you were able to post. It's nice to hear from you again. Ian sounds beautiful. Hang in there with life challenges. You are a resiliant, powerful woman. You will rise to the top.

Kelly
#4 of 5 Old 08-24-2003, 04:52 AM

Oh man! I meant to post at this thread a while back when I first saw it because I was pretty sure I had heard you didn't have computer access, but I wasn't totally sure so I didn't post right away and then I spaced. Oh well.

Madison, I can't tell you how good it is to hear from you. Hearing about Ian's growth and the lovely breastfeeding relationship you've established with him is just so incredibly warming.

Quote:
He's blond with blue eyes and is starting to coo and smile; it's great and it's so fun to see him get all excited to see me and respond to my being goofy with him.
Oh my gosh girl! I wish I could see him...how adorable!

Quote:
I am also laundering at a laundrymat, but it's not as difficult as I thought it might be - what's another load when you're already there? It IS a chore, however, lugging four bags of laundry AND a carseat AND the soap/cling free sheets etc inside! Oye.
Sounds like it! Part-time cloth is pretty darn good, with the laundrymat and Ian being so little still.

Quote:
am desperately trying to find out ways to work from home or find a nanny position. I think I have a couple of leads - pray that one of them works out because I do NOT want to return to my corporate job.
I am totally praying for you. I imagine how hard it must be to not know. I am just wrapping my little virtual arms around you (((Madison))). Keep faith!

Quote:
I'm madly making soap right now, hehehe. Anyone wanna buy some soaps?
Yes! Yes! Is it better if I order off ebay, or can I just tell you a number of soaps and have you send me prices and then order? I would just love some of your awesome soap...the stuff you sent us sometime back was lovely!

Does paypal work well for you even without having much internet access? I finally figured out how to use paypal, so I am now actually really able to buy things online no problem at all and no trying to remember to send out checks and stuff.

Quote:
The hospital bills keep coming in, and the insurance reimbursements do not, so I'm stressed over the money situation. Plus I'm on unpaid leave starting Monday, so there is no more income coming in at all. I'm really stressed about the situation, but am trusting the universe to provide... kinda. What's the saying? "Trust in God, but tie up your camel." Yeah, that's it!
Oh, hon! I totally relate. I remember the year before last (was it that long ago) being out of work and only having SO's very, very tiny income, and ooooohh, it was a painful time. And I totally relate to hospital bills and the insurance reimbursement dilemmas. I am way in over my head with bills from my car accident in January. Luckily I hired a lawyer to do my settlement last week, and he will help me keep afloat...I hope. Anyway, I am just so hearing you and sending you lots of love.

Quote:
Anyway, hope things are well with you all and I miss you.
I am missing your presence here a lot. Please write when you have a chance. I am having "crazy adventures in parenting my 15 year old" and funny almost-going-to-ttc moments, and I so wish I could laugh with you about my stories and hear every last little update on Ian. (((Madison and Ian)))

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#5 of 5 Old 09-18-2003, 02:24 AM

i was also wondering what had happened to you, madison. it's really good tohear how well ian is doing. my little guy turned 5 months old today. what a trip it is how fast they grow, eh? i was down in your neck of the woods about a month ago, but dind't have computer access and damn if i forgot your last name so i couldn't look you up (although of course i remembered it as we were driving home, DOH!!)

anyway, i will think good $$$$ thoughts for you. and i'd love to order some soaps. LMK if you want me to do it thru here or ebay and if you take paypal. try posting them at the trading post here, it's been really good to me!!

much love and light to you, old pal.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page