Pregnant queer mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-23-2007, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Roll call! How far along are you? What's your situation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2007, 03:12 PM

I will be 36 weeks pregnant on Monday. I got pregnant using a KD. I have been with my partner for 6 years and she is planning on doing a second parent adoption.

I am so ready to have this baby!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats! Yeah, wow you are close to the end. How are you feeling?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:08 PM

Ready to pop at any moment! Seriously my hips hurt so bad!!!

Old 11-24-2007, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Is this your first?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:16 PM

Just got my BFP on Tuesday! I am still SOOO nervous about losing this pregnancy. I've been trying with frozen sperm since June. Got pregnant the first time, but it didn't stick. Am trying very hard to be calm about this one, but am having trouble even letting myself get excited yet, I'm still so anxious about something going wrong.

Was feeling very crampy early this week. Still some cramps, and the tiniest bit of spotting yesterday. Anyone else have this?

Oh, I'm so glad to have a queer pregnant mamas thread! Thanks, thismama!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 11-25-2007, 02:13 AM

this mama-yup it's my first-and it's been a wonderful crazy ride so far!

AngelaM-congratulations! I was crampy in the beggining too-I think the beginning is so nerve wracking!

Old 11-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Hello,
Just hit 15 weeks with #3 and #4. My DP and I used different AD with DS and DD (they ran out!) and then by a true miracle DP happened to call the sperm bank and a couple just released the last 3 vials of DS's donor which DP snapped up, so these guys are the same AD as DS (is that confusing or what?)

Through the donor sibling registry we have knowledge of several other families with the same donor as DS (all are either queer moms or single moms) and actually met one. If anyone wants to discuss that let me know.

Congrats to all the pregger mommies and i can't wait to hear all about the new babies !!!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 PM

Hello all and Congrats! I am 17 weeks today, this will be my DW and I first child! Due may 8 08 first try with KD. good luck to us all...
Old 11-29-2007, 02:25 PM

Ooh! What a great thread! This is our first. I am 27 wks and 4 days, due at the end of February. We used an anonymous donor.

AngelaM-Congratulations! I was also super crampy early on (like the whole first trimester I pretty much felt like I had PMS cramps) and I had some spotting at week 6 which turned out to be no big deal but was scary.

Thanks for starting this thread, thismama!
Old 11-29-2007, 04:21 PM

Hi everyone! I am 18 weeks along with my first baby. Dp and I used a willing-to-be-known donor, and finally got pregnant through IVF after PCOS issues and LOTS of IUIs.

I was really crampy at first too. Up until about 10 weeks or so. And just recently I've started to get crampy again. Think there's some serious growing going on in there!

We have the "BIG ULTRASOUND" scheduled for 12/8, where we'll confirm that all is well and find out the sex! Are you guys going to find out or wait for the birthday???
Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentina View Post
Ooh! What a great thread! This is our first. I am 27 wks and 4 days, due at the end of February. We used an anonymous donor.

AngelaM-Congratulations! I was also super crampy early on (like the whole first trimester I pretty much felt like I had PMS cramps) and I had some spotting at week 6 which turned out to be no big deal but was scary.

Thanks for starting this thread, thismama!
Hey Jen,

It's nice to be back on a thread with you again! I remember getting my first BFP back when you did in June. I'm sorry that our kids won't be due date buddies, but what's another six months in the grand scheme of things?

Nice to see so many pregnant queer mamas!

Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 AM

Great thread Thismama!!

I'm so excited to see so many pregnant queer mamas!!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
Old 12-01-2007, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to sub to this thread, duh!

Congrats AngelaM!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! What fabulous news.

It's great so many of us are expecting. And all in different stages right now. I'm 4 months currently, just got my second trimester u/s (I am not crunchy enough to avoid those), and feeling babe moving the last few weeks.

Anyone else can't believe they are pregnant? I wonder if this is common to queer mamas since it is so hard to come by. All through my first trimeter I worried and worried about losing the babe, partly I think because I couldn't believe my luck at getting pg so easily, I anticipated a looong journey. And now I just feel like I got away with a major score!! Kwim? Like, how did I pull this off? I feel like I stole a car or something and nobody is gonna catch me. Bwahaha!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Bump... how is everyone doing?
Old 12-07-2007, 04:31 PM

I'm good-ready to not be pregnant anymore! I'm over in the Dec DDC alot lately complaining about prodromal labor hell! Today is a good day though.

Anyway-I'm off-DP's co-workers are throwing us a baby shower this afternoon. Apparently there is a trend-everytime they throw a baby shower the mom goes into labor right after. I really hope to continue the tradition!-I am just shy of 38 weeks! This weekend would be a good weekend to birth a baby!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Hey folks!

I'm okay, though I've been disgustingly ill already. So far, pregnancy feels like a particularly weepy version of the flu!

I was really up and down emotionally for a week or so. Feeling a lot better now (though I spontaneously burst into tears at a dogfood commercial yesterday, god help me), though the morning sickness is here with a vengeance.

I've also been spending lots of time "processing" with my girlfriend about what this pregnancy means for our relationship. Complicated, complicated, complicated. This weekend is our one-year anniversary, and the plan is to try and forget about baby stuff for 48 hours and just enjoy one another.

In general though, I'm feeling really good. One of my close friends IRL is due a month before me, one of my other friends just had an insemination this morning, and another friend leaves on Wednesday to finalize the adoption of her baby son, so I'm hopeful that we're going to have a whole pride of babies soon!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm not but dw is and I know she'd enjoy this thread so I will send her your way. She is 25w2d and looking beautiful
Old 12-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Hey everyone! I'm almost 20 weeks now and we just found out that we're having a girl! Another little goddess enters the Universe!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 PM

Pregnant

And Proudmamanow's wife. 25w 3d (I think... on the days part anyway... these things are hit and miss a bit anyway right???!)

Jes carried our daughter. I was lulled into the belief that it would be much easier than it is to be pregnant. But then I'm still taking antinauseants... sigh.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Hi everyone!

All is well here. I suddenly can't sleep well anymore. At 29 weeks, I think that's probably pretty normal. But it makes me pretty tired. And I also suddenly started worrying that we aren't ready and we need to get the house together and all of that. So I very foolishly looked up a crazy list of things you need for a newborn. Needless to say, that made me panic more. Do not look at those lists, people. The one I saw had a baby wipes warmer on it. Really? I know I'm having a February (or early March) baby, but do I really need that?

expectantmami--we're keeping our fingers crossed for you over here. c'mon labor!

angela--hang in there. pregnancy is definitely a lot like the flu, at least in the beginning. I could barely watch any animal shows without serious tears.

msjodi--congrats on your daughter!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Aww Angela, a whole *pride* of babies. Love it! I hope you feel better soon.

Jentina - I'm sleeping like crap too... has been an issue on and off for a month or more. I barely slept at all last night, and I have an exam due Wed at noon that I have to write over the next day and a half... and it's complicated, and I'm exhausted! Ugh. It's not physical discomfort keeping me up but insomnia and I'm having anxiety right now, which I think is hormonal.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:16 PM

I'm not pregnant yet, but I'm so excited to see you women out here. I’ll be TTC in February. I’m actually going to be a surrogate momma for a lesbian couple I’m dear friends with: in their state, if one of them had the baby, the other couldn’t be a legal parent, but they can jointly adopt on a private/surrogacy basis. Bizarre legalities. I’m very excited about collaborating on a baby with them – so this child will have two fabulous moms and me as fairy-goddessmother!

But I can’t believe how expense insemination is!! Other than charting myself and being in the best possible health, I wish there was something I could do to make sure it takes on the first try!!!

Best wishes to you all!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentina View Post
The one I saw had a baby wipes warmer on it. Really? I know I'm having a February (or early March) baby, but do I really need that?
There's a lot that you hear that you need that you may not use at all (bibs for us, weirdly enough--my daughter hated them with a passion, from 0-3 and we had soooo many! Luckily she was always a neat eater)

We didn't use a wipes warmer at all (and Maddie was born 2/26, in a cold and windy state). Or a diaper genie, or a crib, or a swing, or bottles.... I ended up taking a lot of stuff back to babies r us right after the shower, and then using the credit for the next 2 years on things that we did end up needing, but not right away (a monitor, clothing in larger sizes, sippy cups, etc.). That way I had a little better idea of what we needed and what I was looking for.

User Tag List