How soon after ovulation does the cervix close? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-28-2007, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've read that the cervix closes "soon after" ovulation, but has anyone heard/read about an actual time period? Is "soon after" a matter of hours? A day?

I'm asking because my cervix was open yesterday at my 11 a.m. IUI, but closed by 9pm when my partner looked at it. Wondering if we most likely caught ovulation or missed it.

Thanks, everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2007, 05:49 PM

First off, I'd say you hit your ov time perfectly!

Actually, there is no set amount of time after ov that the os closes. It varies, sometimes greatly, from person to person. I am open for up to two days after ovulation. My CM is gone, the thermal shift is obvious and my pre-ov bloat and cramping ramp up as disappeared yet my os is still open...but slowly closing. (My midwife says mine is the longest closing process she's ever heard of.) However, she has worked with women who's os is open for only 24hrs. Their os slams shut seemingly hours after the egg pops. Others, like me, take a little longer. This is why it is so important to look at several ovulation signs to pinpoint when your egg is bursting out.

Queer poly family trying since October 2006. Currently using a known donor and no medical interventions.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

wow! i had no idea it varied so much! thanks for your reply.

my os was open sunday and monday, too, and my temperature rose tuesday morning, so i'm hoping that means the timing was good.

thanks again.

User Tag List