Queer TTC December 2007 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 369 Old 12-14-2007, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
... all of the others enduring the tough, tough 2ww!
Imagine, if you will, Arlo Guthrie's voice á la "Alice's Restaurant", where he's talking about seeing the shrink at the recruiting office and is saying "I wanna keeeel... I wanna - I wanna keeeeeeel.... keeeeeeeel... I wanna see blood, and guts, and veins in m'teeth.... keeeeeeel..."

OK, sorry that was gross but I wanted to be sure that you knew exactly the level of insanity in the voice (here's a link to the song if you've never heard it):

I wanna test....
I wanna I wanna test....
test.....
I wanna I wanna see pee... onna stick... wait for line(s)....
I wanna test.....
test.....
TEST.......!

And we was both jumpin' up and down yellin' test... test!! TEST!!!!

10 dpo here and I am sticking to my rule of NO PEEING ON A STICK UNTIL DAY 15.

Oh, and my son nearly burned the house down this morning. He stuffed 12 kleenexes into the top of the table lamp shade and then TURNED THE LAMP ON. Luckily I came downstairs (from the bathroom... glad I didn't pick up that DTWOF sitting on the shelf) while the kleenexes were still smoldering and not fully burning. :

And I want another one?!!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#242 of 369 Old 12-14-2007, 04:50 PM

You almost made me fall off my chair, I was laughing so hard. I can totally relate.
Glad the house is okay.
#243 of 369 Old 12-14-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemoms View Post
Our donor is from xytex, and I knew about the service, but I'd never thought to ask for the numbers. (FYI, you can request to have the units with the highest counts for 35$) Just now I was chatting with them, got the numbers, and then the gal says "I really like your choice in donors, he's a great guy!". I was like, "Thanks, we chose him right away, he seemed great, blah blah". Then I'm like "HUH? You mean you've acutally MET the guy????" She says, "yes, I've met him in person, I'd be happy to tell you about him if you have any questions", and goes on to say that he's very outgoing and funny and genuinely cares about people. This was kinda the impression we got from his profile, but still. Crazy! I was too stunned to think of anything to ask...she said his son was very handsome (I've seen pics so I knew that already too)...but I got her email and she said I can contact her directly if I ever think of anything! That was nuts!!!

BTW, my consult with the RN is one month from today :-)))

I know what you mean, when we called about our donor the people at the cryobank were going on and on about how good looking he was and how nice he was which made us feel very good about our choice. He was june release so all of the staff knew him very well as we called in July for the goods!!

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#244 of 369 Old 12-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel View Post
I know what you mean, when we called about our donor the people at the cryobank were going on and on about how good looking he was and how nice he was which made us feel very good about our choice. He was june release so all of the staff knew him very well as we called in July for the goods!!
Yes, it's a little thing but it's a really nice thing to have that validation from the people who have actually met him :-) Plus his sperm count turned out to be AWESOME! The more I learn about him, the more I like him (and his sperm!)

ETA: Have I mentioned that I'm SOOOOOOOOO sick of WAITING??? One month to go, siiiiigggghhhh.
#245 of 369 Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Thanks, everyone. I think we are going to call Fairfax and see if they will give us any #s first and then make a decision about switching. We hate to start over, but this is getting more expensive than we can manage so we may need to bargain bank for awhile.

Thank you again for all the help! I am sure we are going to be out soon, I feel like AF is near (it's 8 DPO).
#246 of 369 Old 12-14-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
Imagine, if you will, Arlo Guthrie's voice á la "Alice's Restaurant", where he's talking about seeing the shrink at the recruiting office and is saying "I wanna keeeel... I wanna - I wanna keeeeeeel.... keeeeeeeel... I wanna see blood, and guts, and veins in m'teeth.... keeeeeeel..."

OK, sorry that was gross but I wanted to be sure that you knew exactly the level of insanity in the voice (here's a link to the song if you've never heard it):

I wanna test....
I wanna I wanna test....
test.....
I wanna I wanna see pee... onna stick... wait for line(s)....
I wanna test.....
test.....
TEST.......!

And we was both jumpin' up and down yellin' test... test!! TEST!!!!

10 dpo here and I am sticking to my rule of NO PEEING ON A STICK UNTIL DAY 15.

Yay! I mean, who doesn't love Arlo Guthrie?

Quote:
Oh, and my son nearly burned the house down this morning. He stuffed 12 kleenexes into the top of the table lamp shade and then TURNED THE LAMP ON. Luckily I came downstairs (from the bathroom... glad I didn't pick up that DTWOF sitting on the shelf) while the kleenexes were still smoldering and not fully burning. :

And I want another one?!!
I want another too. I have friends whose DC are younger than mine who are already pregnant again. Heck, if KD didn't live so far away we'd be trying this month. But what can you do? You can obsessively check this thread 100 times a day and relish in other queer mamas' journey towards motherhood.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#247 of 369 Old 12-15-2007, 03:01 PM

help. help help help.

so, I thought I could order my swimmers online, cuz the cryobank page said I could.

but I can't. not really. the donor we've chosen is call only.

and now I can't order til monday.

the last day of my period was yesterday. I didn't want to order too early.

I'm afraid I won't make it in time. my period was freakin TEN DAYS LONG this time. so now I think I may have missed my chance.

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#248 of 369 Old 12-15-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermiep@mac.com View Post
help. help help help.

so, I thought I could order my swimmers online, cuz the cryobank page said I could.

but I can't. not really. the donor we've chosen is call only.

and now I can't order til monday.

the last day of my period was yesterday. I didn't want to order too early.

I'm afraid I won't make it in time. my period was freakin TEN DAYS LONG this time. so now I think I may have missed my chance.

Are your cycles usually regular? And if so, how long are they? If your . was 10 days long, perhaps your O will be delayed, too. So you will be okay
#249 of 369 Old 12-15-2007, 04:48 PM

miep their standard shipping is next-day. That is, if you're using the same bank as we. And I would have to concur, if your period was that long, you probably ovulate a bit later. Did you do temping last month? How were your results?

Our clinic tells us to order sperm the first day of our periods. Once it gets to them, they can store it until I need it. Are you insem'ing at home?

Also:

I bought the tests and am intermittently staring at them but I have sworn to my best friend and my wife that I will not test until Wednesday.

#250 of 369 Old 12-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I bought the tests and am intermittently staring at them but I have sworn to my best friend and my wife that I will not test until Wednesday.
And now you've sworn to all of us too... We'll be watching...

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#251 of 369 Old 12-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:

I admit that on one past cycle I bought my own "secret" pack of tests and tested early NOT that I suggest you do that, too
#252 of 369 Old 12-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:

Oh, good luck with that. I can't imagine that if I were in your state of impatience that I'd be able to manage with tests in the house!

And seeing as there are tests in the house, I'm thinking that I'll be pretty lucky to make it to 12dpo.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#253 of 369 Old 12-15-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
And now you've sworn to all of us too... We'll be watching...
Oh crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Oh, good luck with that. I can't imagine that if I were in your state of impatience that I'd be able to manage with tests in the house!
You know, I don't think I'd be feeling so impatient if I weren't feeling intermittently barfy, which is the way I felt when I got pregnant with my son. But I'll make it through... it will be a good test of willpower. What's worst is that there are TWO tests in the box so I *could* test now and still test on Wednesday! But no: it's staying sealed.

Part of me really wants to test, though, because my best friend (to whom I swore I wouldn't test) is now sending me "inspirational" text messages every day to try to keep me going through til Weds - except that they are so sad and make having a 2nd child sound like a grave mistake... "Hold T now while your arms are still empty... talk to Jo while you still can..."

#254 of 369 Old 12-15-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Part of me really wants to test, though, because my best friend (to whom I swore I wouldn't test) is now sending me "inspirational" text messages every day to try to keep me going through til Weds - except that they are so sad and make having a 2nd child sound like a grave mistake... "Hold T now while your arms are still empty... talk to Jo while you still can..."
Oh no! Are they supposed to make you feel better??

#255 of 369 Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
You know, I don't think I'd be feeling so impatient if I weren't feeling intermittently barfy, which is the way I felt when I got pregnant with my son. But I'll make it through... it will be a good test of willpower. What's worst is that there are TWO tests in the box so I *could* test now and still test on Wednesday! But no: it's staying sealed.
You are a stronger woman than I. If I were feeling barfy, I'd soooo be testing.

I'm depressed today - I've been charting this month and it's really wonky. Charting is not good for my mental health. It encourages me to waste hours of time on fertility friend, as I desperately try to find a pregnant chart that looks exactly like mine.

I'm not at all tempted to test which is good but it's mostly because I just don't think I could handle having to stare at a bfn.

Anyways, that's me. Boring and depressed. I should be planning our Christmas menu but I'm not. heh.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#256 of 369 Old 12-16-2007, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Woohooo!!!!! AF is here, so that means my break is officially over! I'm now Waiting to O on New Years Eve. We're using 3 vials this time so I don't have to stress so much about timing. Let the games begin

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#257 of 369 Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I'm not at all tempted to test which is good but it's mostly because I just don't think I could handle having to stare at a bfn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Woohooo!!!!! AF is here, so that means my break is officially over! I'm now Waiting to O on New Years Eve. We're using 3 vials this time so I don't have to stress so much about timing. Let the games begin
Ooooh! Fun! Here's to hoping that you have a very, very happy New Year.

#258 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 AM

::sigh:: Time to move me back to "waiting to O". I had high hopes since I was 4 days late but I never did get a positive test so I guess I was just late.

Hopefully 2008 will bring better luck.

Queer poly family trying since October 2006. Currently using a known donor and no medical interventions.
#259 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 02:04 PM

...and i also have some procedural questions about this board, so scroll down even if you have no specific advice about the insemination choices...

Me and my partner about to go to NYC (about 3 hr drive from where i live) for my second try with our known donor. This may be the last chance with him for a bit because his partner's about to pop out a kid in the next few weeks and his life's going to get even more hectic...

Last time I'm pretty sure I conceived but did not implant. We did a frozen ICI from the sperm bank before we went to meet up with him, because we wanted to get some on board before we could reach him to inseminate with the fresh stuff about 16 hours later... and then did 2 inseminations with fresh about 36 hrs apart, and its a lot more likely one of those did it than the frozen stuff.

I just turned 40 on Thursday, and have seen it recommended that oldsters like myself throw in an IUI even if doing intracervical. We've got 2 vials of that on hold at the bank that we didn't use last time...

So... any opinions as to if I should add the IUI into the mix even though we once again can get the fresh stuff? It's complicated by the fact that we'd have to come home to get our nurse pal to do the inseminating... meaning we'd do it between the 2 fresh doses, or at the end...

OK MY 2 PROCEDURAL QUESTIONS:

1) was it good that i posted this on this thread or should i have made a separate one?

2) how do some of you all get the little chart icon that links up to your FF charts? I want to share!

thanks,

JD
#260 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Woohooo!!!!! AF is here...
Not often that we get THAT!
#261 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy13 View Post
... any opinions as to if I should add the IUI into the mix even though we once again can get the fresh stuff? It's complicated by the fact that we'd have to come home to get our nurse pal to do the inseminating... meaning we'd do it between the 2 fresh doses, or at the end...
IMO, hang onto the IUI swimmers until another cycle (though here's hoping you won't need it!). I've heard that multiple kinds of sperm (like, from multiple donors) can compete with one another. Don't want that! If the frozen is the same donors, then I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy13 View Post
1) was it good that i posted this on this thread or should i have made a separate one?
I think it's excellent that you posted it here.
#262 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 02:31 PM

I am a dishonorable woman. I couldn't take it anymore and busted into my box of tests and peed on a stick this morning. I couldn't deal anymore with the thought of "Am I? Am I not? Am I? Am I crazy? Am I a freak?"

So I may still be a freak because I still feel a little queasy, but I can now tell myself more convincingly to lighten up, it probably isn't a pregnancy, you're probably feeling sick from your miserable cold.

And I'm still going to test again on Weds since there is a remote chance that I will actually get a pos on Weds after getting a neg today.

But I feel better - and more sane - now, so I think it was worth it to break my word and actually test.

Dear fellow ttc'ers, forgive me.

Gotta pick up kid @ preschool... ciao, xo j

#263 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Snoopy - I would save the IUI vials for future cycles when your donor is too busy. That way you won't have to skip cycles if your donor is too busy. Also, I think this is the right place to post that question. As for fertility friend - I don't know how to get the icon, but you can go to the fertility friend website and on the left side menu go to "sharing" and then to "home page set up". At the top of the home page set up is a web address for your chart. Copy that web address. Now go into your MDC account and put that web address as a hyperlink in your signature.

That should get you started. If anyone else knows how to convert that hyperlink to the chart symbol, please share!

HTH

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#264 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 03:14 PM

I'm with ya there Jen. I'm so impatient...I'm gonna go get a quantitative blood test tomorrow to see if there is any level of HCG so far. They say you can do this as soon as 10DPO. Man...I'm actually certifiable!! What can you do? This is my first time TTC...so I'm beyond obsessed. I've come to terms with it. If this one doesn't work out...(fingers crossed it does)...hopefully I'll take it a little more in stride next time around. We'll see about that though.

Ok...so I'm wondering if anyone can throw out some good motility, concentration, etc numbers? I've searched all over the internet...and I get such a broad range of "good" numbers. Just wanna compare...see if my guy is up to par.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#265 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 04:39 PM

Went to the bathroom right before I went to pick T up at preschool - guess what!!! Period. See? I was crazy.

Frog, please move me to waiting to O.

*shrug* what can you do? I felt moved to put my amber/peridot bracelet on last night... amber for the patience of the years to make it, peridot is supposed to have properties that rid the wearer of resentment. I guess I know why... patience, patience, patience!

#266 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 06:32 PM

When I was at the RE last week, he said he wanted me to start taking oral progesterone pills three or four days after the next insemination. I asked him if I would have to take it throughout the end of the first trimester and he said it would depend on my levels. At 14 days post insemination when I got pregnant, my progesterone measured almost 27 and the nurse said that level was great, as 20 was about the norm for 14 days post insemination.

Is this normal? I thought you had to take it through the end of the first trimester. Is it normal to start about 4 days after insemination?
#267 of 369 Old 12-17-2007, 06:56 PM

Yah my DP is taking vaginal progesterone and took her first one day 2 after insemination and yah our RE said to keep taking them thru 1st trimester if we are pregnant.

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#268 of 369 Old 12-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Still holding on here at 10/11dpo. My chart has been really wonky but it's looking ok right now. I don't think it's time to get excited just yet but I am quietly hopeful. I think my period is due Friday and I'm planning to hold out on testing until Saturday.

So sorry to everyone for whom this cycle was a bust.

We haven't had a BFP at all this month have we? Surely *someone* has to break the drought!

#269 of 369 Old 12-19-2007, 05:06 PM

I just got the best, most positive OPK I have ever had

J is coming over tonight.
Wish me luck!
#270 of 369 Old 12-19-2007, 06:39 PM

Good luck, simplelah!

Quote:
So sorry to everyone for whom this cycle was a bust.

We haven't had a BFP at all this month have we? Surely *someone* has to break the drought!

I'm checking in. No BFP to report. Sunday will be 14dpo. I'm going to try to wait 'til then to test, but I will probably cave (and cry at the BFN) before the weekend. : to all the BFNs so far (I know it's a treehug, but I like that one ).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page