Queer TTC January 2008! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I just say again how much I love cervix gazing? It's the best thing new we've started doing!

Pranava, very sorry to hear about your BFN. Reading your post and then everyone else's reminded me so much of how I felt after my last BFN. taking a break this month and feeling much better, but a little scared of going back in. It helps me soooo much to know that everyone on this board has had the same feelings of despair and desperation that I have, and that didn't mean they weren't "meant" to have children or that something was wrong. Sometimes it just takes awhile. For me, at least, that is helpful.

You are in good company! As am I. Take care of yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My temp went up today. It has yet to drop below my coverline, but af rages on. Strange.

MMM - you asked Why doctor assisted IUI? Well, I'm not sure they were chemical pregnancies. I only assume that because they are so different than other months in temp and luteal phase length. If they were chemical pregnancies, I've had two and I guess I think that might be a problem. My luteal phase is normally only 10 or 11 days which is a bit on the short side and may need checking out. We attempt IUI at home each cycle, but for the life of us, cannot get the catheter into the uterus. I also thought some clomid and hcg trigger would increase my chances and take the pressure off the timing. Basically, I'm desperate. But I called and my doctor/midwife(both practice at this clinic)an they want $125 for a 15min consultation to start. Pricey!! I'm checking to see what my insurance covers, but it looks like it will be out of the question finacially.

Plan B - We have a friend that we have thought about asking to donate. We've just been paranoid about the legal issues with a known donor, but I think we're going to check into the legalities of this in our state, and, if we feel comfortable with it, ask him. He's a very sweet guy and he really wants kids, so it could be a wonderful situation for all of us.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 AM

LaH - I'm bleeding which means I'm officially back on the train! Can you move me to waiting to o please.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Basically, I'm desperate.
I totally get that. I've had a few moments where I've felt insanely desperate. (Actually, anytime I think about it for more than 1 minute I feel desperate.) Any other method than DIY known donor is legally and financially out of the question for us which makes me feel even more desperate. I'm currently also convinced that our donor is going to back out at any given moment which also intensifies my desperation...or maybe it's a product of it?!?? FWIW, he has done nothing to suggest he is gonna change his mind. I'm just a nut case.

Anyway s for you. It will be worth it, it will!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Mirror!
I do use a mirror and a flashlight, still get the kink in my neck.
Oh well.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:55 AM

tigger, do you have a digital camera? Maybe your DP can, uh, point and shoot and you can take a look at the screen?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:21 AM

Yep, took a picture last time, kinda crazy to see it that big.
Thanks for all the advice, you are great, frog.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 AM

Hey Frog...temp is looking good today!!!

As for me...craziness. My temp did go back up after the "possible" implantation dip...but got a little lower yesterday...so I was a little bummed. Today...shot up higher than ever! It's madness. Couple that together with all my crazy "symptoms"...I think I'm losing it!!! :

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 01-17-2008, 11:49 AM

Jenn, your chart looks GREAT! I'm totally stalking it.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Likewise.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome back to all of you who are no longer on break!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelah View Post
Welcome back to all of you who are no longer on break!
How you feeling, LaH?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
How you feeling, LaH?
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Was back in the ER Tuesday night with a 104 fever.
I have been absolutly resistant to the antibiotic they gave me.
I am now on keflex. Hoping to see a change.
This is day 10 of this. I would love to just not be sick. Seriously, 10 days is enough.

And I am totally bummed because we were going to Tampa this weekend to G Bar to party with Dani (from A Shot at Love). But being on the antibiotic, I can't drink. We are still going because we already have the hotel room. I just hope I get to feeling better by then.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

This is day 10 of this. I would love to just not be sick. Seriously, 10 days is enough.
Oh ick! I do hope that you're feeling better soon!

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 01-17-2008, 06:05 PM

MMM, you are not the only diy known donor person who has that "what if he backs out!" freak out. We've had 3 tries with our amazingly supportive guy and I still doubt he will show up for every single insem.

Pranava, it was disappointment and desperation of 5 failed frozen tries that brought us to the known donor option. (We knew several couples in Oregon who had safely done it so we knew the legal system supported it at least a bit.) However, we started from scratch (so to speak). We didn't have any able bio-male friends. Craigslist was our donor resource, though technically against the rules. Having a possible friend in mind puts you ahead of the game!

Queer poly family trying since October 2006. Currently using a known donor and no medical interventions.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:50 PM

The spermies are here! : The spermies are here! : Yipee!!! :

We are hoping to inseminate tomorrow and Saturday if all goes according to plan!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerkong22 View Post
Yep, took a picture last time, kinda crazy to see it that big.
just imagine, you could make it into an 8x12 and hang it on the wall for inspiration!

smartycat :

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

By the way ladies, I will be away from the computer starting tommorow afternoon and back on Monday.

Sorry, I know you alll will miss me terribly but I NEED a vacation.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
The spermies are here! : The spermies are here! : Yipee!!! :

We are hoping to inseminate tomorrow and Saturday if all goes according to plan!
Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
just imagine, you could make it into an 8x12 and hang it on the wall for inspiration!

smartycat :
Now, there's an image!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 PM

Hey everyone - there are some good looking charts around here! I am banking on lotsa babies!

We are doing our first IUI in about 13 days (today is CD1) with a new donor from a new bank (Midwest). We have been doing at home ICI, but decided to step it up. Two IUIs this cycle and the post thaw percentage is 70%!! All we got with Fairfax was 35%. Hoping this all makes a difference.

Fingers crossed for everyone in the 2WW!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twylightdove View Post
MMM, you are not the only diy known donor person who has that "what if he backs out!" freak out. We've had 3 tries with our amazingly supportive guy and I still doubt he will show up for every single insem.
I know, right!!?? Our donor has been nothing but amazing but because it's been 18 hours since I sent him the email with this months dates in it and he hasn't responded yet, I'm convinced the deal is off. Last night I made myself so hysterical about it that I couldn't sleep or read or watch tv or have sex or talk to DP or anything. I'm a nutcase.

Quote:
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

And I am totally bummed because we were going to Tampa this weekend to G Bar to party with Dani (from A Shot at Love). But being on the antibiotic, I can't drink. We are still going because we already have the hotel room. I just hope I get to feeling better by then.
Oh, you poor darling - that sounds revolting. I hope the weekend away is just what the doctor ordered! (FWIW, I'd probably drink anyway - but I can be naughty like that!)

Jenn & Frog: Your charts look perfect! Go team

Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. I haven't had any symptoms except my normal PMS stuff. Boobs are totally not sore and I checked my temp today and it was low enough for me to put a pad in my purse. I'll probably start today or tonight. I'm pretty sure I want to do two insems next cycle. It will be our sixth try in seven months and I'm so tired of not being pregnant already! We only have two more vials of this donor left so if the next try doesn't work then we are planning to switch donors. I'm not nearly as upset as I have been getting, something just told me this wasn't going to be the cycle so I was kind of prepared.

Two nights ago DW and I sat down and created a "baby colage," I believe someone on here had mentioned doing one before also. Our purpose was to set our intent and dedication to having a child and as a welcoming to the baby's spirit. We cut out words and phrases out of magazines and glued them to a small board. It's sitting on our entertainment center now and every time I walk by it I just gush. It certainly lifted our spirits and was a really great couple project.

So glad to have Keely and MMM back in the saddle with us! Frog and Jen, your charts look so awesome *I've totally been stalking *

: & to everyone in the 2WW.

-Rachel

Old 01-18-2008, 12:04 PM

Ah...sorry to hear that BurtsGirl. But...it sounds like you're handling it well...and seem to have a plan to move forward. I can only hope I am that strong in a couple of days if I get dissapointing news. And I totally think the colage is such a terrific idea!! I mean...to do something like that...just to get your mindset on the right track...kind of remember why you're doing this in the first place. I think it's so easy to get caught up in all the temping...charting...peeing on a stick...that we can let that consume us. At least I feel like it does me sometimes. This may sound silly...but DW's family has this tradition where everyone gets a pair of socks from mom at xmas...without fail...every xmas. Kind of silly, I know...but this xmas she got us a tiny little pair of socks she said for the "baby to be". It seems silly...but I thought it was really thoughtful. And I put those little socks on my dresser. And sometimes I just catch a glimpse of them and I have to smile. That kind of brings me back to reality...what this is all really about.

But...to get there...we have to go through all this first. And I know it'll be worth it! Anyway...for those chart stalkers out there...my chart is looking crazy, huh? I'm having an awful time sleeping this week. I really don't know how confident I feel with my temps since my sleep is so off...but they're still up there...AF is due in 2 days...and no sign of dropping like usual...so there's hope. Totally thought I was having AF cramps last night...then this morning...gone. Still having some very mild lower back aches which is very unusual for me. Headaches almost every day this week...also unusual. And my boobs...don't get me started! Usually they hurt...I'm not going to lie...totally part of PMS for me. But this month...it seems different. Maybe I want it to be...I don't know...but either it's different...or DW is putting nails in my bra!!!

Anyway...good luck to everyone...in whatever stage of the game you are in!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM

so sorry BurtsGirl. I feel for you. I'm glad the baby collage lifts your spirits. DW and I go shop for baby clothes when we need some inspiration. We've been slowly aquiring some things we'll need, and it always makes me smile to see them in the house.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 01-18-2008, 12:08 PM

Totally cool thing happened last night:

Background: My parents are big-time Republicans. Over the past several years, my mom's gotten close to her first cousin, R, who's gay and has three kids with his partner (they're the ones who just adopted the twins). My mom's take on having a daughter who's a lesbian has shifted a LOT because of them and because my brother's been pushing her to get over it already.

turtle and I have credit card debt, largely due to ttc. I've been declined for a personal loan to consolidate without a co-signer. My dad's a former banker and I'm utterly ashamed about the debt. He and my mom have also helped me out a LOT over the years financially (part of that is due to me asking for some big things, like a loan to buy toad out of the house when we split, and part of that is due to them offering because they weren't able to pay for my college education, which they'd planned to do). I didn't really want to ask them to cosign on this loan, but didn't have many other options.

On my way to the bus stop last night, I called my mom. I ended up telling her about our credit card debt and asking whether she'd be willing to cosign. She asked me why we're in debt, and I told her "a big project--and you'll love it if it turns out." She teasingly told me that she'd only cosign if I'd tell her what the project is, so I told her that we're trying to have a baby.

She was a little surprised at first, but it took no time at all before she was talking about how great it would be to have more grandchildren.

I'm thrilled and surprised and feel so unbelievably blessed, I can't even tell you.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 PM

Frog that is wonderful! I'm so happy for you! It's great to have family on board with this big project.

Side note: I love baby socks. Is there anything cuter in the world, well except the babies in them that is.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:23 PM

Yes...Frog...that's awesome! It really is a good feeling to have the parental units on board especially. I don't speak to my father...haven't in years...but my mom is the greatest!!!! And DW's parents sound a bit like yours...a tad on the conservative side...took A WHILE to come around...but they are super supportive now and it's such a good feeling.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:35 PM

Frog : yay mom or perhaps better said yay grandma

pranava: the only thing I think that's cuter than baby socks is the Little Turtle Knits Pilot Cap (scroll down to the bottom of the page). And they knit RIDICULOUSLY fast. So I guess the cutest thing ever would be a pilot cap and baby socks knit to match

BurtsGirl sorry you're out for this cycle... :

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 01-18-2008, 02:11 PM

Thanks guys. I love the sock story. That is so sweet of your DW's mom!

We have a few things, very few things, bought for the little one. Both of us are scared we'll end up with a ton of stuff and no baby in sight. Although it takes every ounce of restraint sometimes not to buy something cute when I see it. Although I'm thinking that maybe we deserve to buy one outfit. Maybe that's what we'll do tonight!

Frog, way cool of mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
BurtsGirl sorry you're out for this cycle... :
I have to admit this smiley totally made me smile and giggle. Thank you so much Jen

Curious Question: Are you planning to find out the sex of the baby when you get preggers? Why or why not?

-Rachel

User Tag List