Queer TTC January 2008! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 598 Old 01-20-2008, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If any thread needs a dancing pickle, it's the one where the lesbians are trying to get knocked up.

smarty and quasar, do you know that if your tank is nearing the end of its life, you can have it recharged at a welding shop? Somehow, knowing that made a huge difference for me.

Jenn, I'm so sorry you're out this cycle--I was so excited about maybe having some lesbian company in a due date club! (Well, assuming I'll be IN a due date club...)
#362 of 598 Old 01-20-2008, 08:18 PM

I actually alternate between 3 different stores for my POAS obsession!!! The fertility monitor sticks are ok because 1 box lasts a while. But...for the OPK and pregnancy tests...I definitely alternate! They still look at me like I'm nuts though! I probably am.

Quasar...

Ok...off to get my drink on!!! Since I'm not preggo just yet...I'm gonna live it up while I can.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#363 of 598 Old 01-20-2008, 08:21 PM

Thanks Frog. I'm really hopeful for you!!! Fingers, toes and everything else are crossed for you!!!

#364 of 598 Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 PM

I've found another way to pass the time while remaining obsessed: The chart gallery at FF. Not only can I search for charts that look like mine, I can overlay my chart to see if it's similar to the preggo ones.
#365 of 598 Old 01-20-2008, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I can overlay my chart to see if it's similar to the preggo ones.
What!!!??? : I was not aware of that - definitely going to obsess over that one next 2ww!

Just ordered my sperm for attempt #6. Anyone else using Midwest? Joanne has been so prompt, nice, and helpful. I'm loving my experience with this bank.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#366 of 598 Old 01-20-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
If any thread needs a dancing pickle, it's the one where the lesbians are trying to get knocked up

Quote:
smarty and quasar, do you know that if your tank is nearing the end of its life, you can have it recharged at a welding shop? Somehow, knowing that made a huge difference for me.
I work at a clinic and called my office manager today to get the number to our oxygen tank supplier. I'm pretty sure they can do liquid nitrogen as well. I've heard that about welders. Why do they have liquid nitrogen? That option has made me a little less insane... oh who am I kidding? I'm still CRAZY! :

Quote:
I've found another way to pass the time while remaining obsessed: The chart gallery at FF. Not only can I search for charts that look like mine, I can overlay my chart to see if it's similar to the preggo ones.
Oh my gosh, Frog, I was totally doing that yesterday and today... finding charts that were using OPKs, ovulation day 16 or 17, using donor sperm... and then overlaying them to see if ours matched... is ovulation pending or not or great Wizard of Fertility Friend Who is that woman behind the cover line?

Next OPK at 10pm. The suspense is killing me!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#367 of 598 Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post

Just ordered my sperm for attempt #6. Anyone else using Midwest? Joanne has been so prompt, nice, and helpful. I'm loving my experience with this bank.
We are! We just changed from Fairfax. Supposed to be here on the 28th - I hope it shows. It's a pretty different experience from Fairfax, so I will be holding my breath until it shows.
#368 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 12:19 AM

The queer TTC thread is so much better than any soap opera out there. And it's got more drama than The L Word. I'm always shocked and amazed and happy and sad all at the same time. Thanks ladies!

And it looks like we are going to remain in Waiting to be Ready for another cycle. We were hoping that our KD would be able to fly up in February, but now it looks like he'll be attending some conference in New York. So March may well be our first try back in the saddle. And if it doesn't work first try, then I think we're back out until June, because KD has more work-related stuff going on.

Oh a happier note, if we do get pregnant in March, we'll be bringing a 4th Sagittarius into our household. Which could be interesting...

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#369 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 01:28 AM

Yayy! We got a positive OPK at 10pm! We did the two line test first, then checked again with the Smiley just to verify, because, yes, we're crazy!

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#370 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 01:45 AM

:

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#371 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
Yayy! We got a positive OPK at 10pm! We did the two line test first, then checked again with the Smiley just to verify, because, yes, we're crazy!
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! When are you doing your first insem, then?
#372 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
Oh awesome! Be sure to keep us posted on the insem front.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#373 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 12:03 PM

I'm not very confident about things this morning. I'm mood swingy and my breasts hurt and I'm uncomfortably hot (during the coldest stretch of weather we've had this year--I even have HEAT RASH) so there's no reason to think that I'm not pregnant, but I'm not confident. I'm weepy and feeling sorry for myself because I'm weepy.

Pathetic, really.
#374 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I'm weepy and feeling sorry for myself because I'm weepy.

Pathetic, really.
Aw frog, I don't think you're pathetic. You're stressed! Cry it out, you'll feel better. (Tears release excess hormones. Proven! The tear researcher had his office across the hall from my dad.)

#375 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
Aw frog, I don't think you're pathetic. You're stressed! Cry it out, you'll feel better. (Tears release excess hormones. Proven! The tear researcher had his office across the hall from my dad.)

Can I borrow that tidbit for my students? I work with middle schoolers and they should all be crying at least 3-4 times a day!!

Sorry to hear about the change Frog - but those cold all be signs of pregnancy as well!!
#376 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 06:25 PM

It's safe to assume that the fact that I'm getting all choked up over Anne Murry tunes is a good sign, yes?
#377 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
It's safe to assume that the fact that I'm getting all choked up over Anne Murry tunes is a good sign, yes?
Poor you Frog! But I'd say yes, a good sign. When can you put an end to your misery and test?

#378 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Poor you Frog! But I'd say yes, a good sign. When can you put an end to your misery and test?
I tested yesterday--negative, which we expected--and I'll test again tomorrow morning. Here's hoping!

Now, it's Sheena Easton, making me cry. Not only am I a huge sap, I'm OLD. Good grief!

Gah! Now it's Carole King!
#379 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
It's safe to assume that the fact that I'm getting all choked up over Anne Murray tunes is a good sign, yes?
Shall I forward you the South Park song "Blame Canada"? Maybe then you wouldn't be choked up...

Blame Canada/Blame Canada/for all the hype and hullabaloo/and that b* Anne Murray too!

Sorry, lemurmommies and other Canadians gathered I love Canada enough to seriously consider moving there, so don't worry! I'm only poking fun!

Sugerson: totally. I am sure he'd be thrilled. He used to have people over during their lunch hours to watch sad movies and sit over onions with test tubes in their hands for collecting tears. I bet he was stoked when someone who worked nearby got pregnant... as long as they would consent to cry for him!

#380 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 06:54 PM

I have just had THE worst period. I was generally teary and anxious the first couple of days and then I had a big conversation with an earth mother type and she sent me over the edge. She talked to me about making space and creating the energy for a baby...which, even in its hippie-est sense, makes sense to me and I totally get it but now, every time I think about creating the right energy for conception, I tense up and get so anxious and feel like there's no way I can find that energy. I was hysterical for 3 days. My poor DP. She's a saint. I'm not hysterical anymore but I'm still trying to unpack all that anxiety and I just don't feel like I can do it.
Am I making sense? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a shit meditator but I'd like to get better...

Quote:
I hope so. Frankly though, I'm wondering how it even is that you have Anne Murry coming out of your speakers??!!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#381 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Am I making sense? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a shit meditator but I'd like to get better...
My way of making mental space for the baby is simply talking to the baby in my head at night before I go to bed. I'm not one of those people who ever did well with the "make a connection with your baby" while doing yoga thing, not like I ever felt there was a live wire between me and T before he was born.

Can you force yourself to just be quiet and still for a while - like 1/2 hour or so - and steer your thoughts toward your hopes, wishes, etc. for the baby? Not the conception part, but the after-conception part or even the after baby's born part. I think that this in itself is positive energy and welcoming!

#382 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Oh awesome! Be sure to keep us posted on the insem front.
Well, 1st insemination was this morning. : It was no where near as earth shattering of an event as I had imagined it. First of all, with the postive OPK, I had a mild panic attack and was all "leave me alone". I was so nervous when taking my bath this morning that I wanted to puke. :Puke I was convinced the liquid nitrogen tank was a dud and that all the sperm would be all melted and "sour". Well, I finally warmed up and was all excited and we got the sperm out (still frozen!!). We defrosted the little fellows and then poor Quasar was freaking out and we had to take a moment to recenter ourselves and get back in the baby making groove. The technical aspect seemed to go OK. The sperm looked like ointment I have used for my dog's ear... weird. : And then it was all like... um, OK, what now ... hips up... don't sneeze :... shoot, I have to go to work in like 20 minutes.

So there you have it... adventures in baby making 101. Hopefully 102 goes better tomorrow morning.

The OPK was positive again this afternoon at 5pm and the line is maybe even darker today. So now I wonder if we were a little too early this morning. Quasar is wondering if we will be too late with the one tomorrow morning. Eh, maybe 102 won't go so well either. Weee...

Frog, you sound like an emotionally mixed up pregnant lady to me!! :

#383 of 598 Old 01-21-2008, 09:43 PM

Hi all -

quasar and smartycat - congrats on the positive OPKs! When are you inseminating??

Frog- There are few things in life as stressful as the 2WW, I think! I cried in every one of my 2WWs... Hang in there

JenInMpls- Oh my god, I know- those OPKs are expensive. In Canada way more expensive than the States. Here in Halifax, I am spending between 38$ and 50$ for 5-7 OPKs. And I almost always have to buy more than one box.
Oh- and Blame Canada freaking cracks me up EVERY time. Love it!

MujerMamaMismo - I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. While I think things like making mental space can be helpful, (I try to do this with my little baby altar). I don't think you should beat yourself up for not feeling open enough. On another TTC board I was on, people were all about the sort of "I won't get pregnant if I don't have the right mindset, if I'm not open to the universe" idea. But I've really seen that sort of backfire a bit, as people take a lot on, and start to really blame themselves for not getting pregnant. If it helps at all - I got pregnant on my most stressed out/anxious/bummed out/cynical/bitchy cycle where I was absolutely positive it wouldn't work... Anyhow - hope you're feeling better soon.

Hi to all I've missed too!

Tash
#384 of 598 Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 AM

Well, my yo-yo of a cycle has come to an end. Time to move me back to "waiting to O" again.

The short version of this story: I ovulated really late, cd23 compaired to my usual cd15 or 16. I got what I know was implantation spotting on 11dpo. On 14dpo my temp dropped and I bled right on schedule. (My luteal phase has always been exact.) Hopefully that spotting will mean that my body is getting some practice and is almost ready for the real deal.

Good luck and see you in February.

Queer poly family trying since October 2006. Currently using a known donor and no medical interventions.
#385 of 598 Old 01-22-2008, 09:49 AM

Breasts: Still sore
Temps: Still high
Test: Still negative
#386 of 598 Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 AM

All good signs Frog!

So, we have scheduled the next shipment of swimmers!! I'm actually rather excited and optomistic. First, as I've said before, we are switching to IUI this cycle. AND...we have decided to switch donors. I called PRS to get some advice...and while looking at his average numbers...they're a little on the lower side. Not terrible...just not the kick ass numbers we're looking for. So, they gave me a list of about 10 of their donors with the highest numbers. We scoured through them...and found a great match for what we are looking for! So...between the switch to IUI...and the kick ass donor numbers...we're very hopeful!!!

Anyway...hope everyone had a good weekend!!!

#387 of 598 Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennM1021 View Post
All good signs Frog!
That's just what I needed to hear. Thanks!
#388 of 598 Old 01-22-2008, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning ladies!
Miss me?

Updates have been made. I don't think I missed anyone but PM me if I did.

Moved myself to waiting to O, we are bad at staying on breaks. Probably won't be O-ing till February though.
Bought a ton of OPK's. Like... way too many. Heh.
#389 of 598 Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM

Hi all!

Frog,

We are off to make some babies this morning once the dogs are all pottied. : : : : :

#390 of 598 Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
She talked to me about making space and creating the energy for a baby...which, even in its hippie-est sense, makes sense to me and I totally get it but now, every time I think about creating the right energy for conception, I tense up and get so anxious and feel like there's no way I can find that energy. Am I making sense? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a shit meditator but I'd like to get better...
MMM don't get yourself even more worked up about being worked up. This process is stressful, we're creating life here! I also have a hard time working in the mental realm so instead I chose the physical. Here are some things I've done over the past 6 months while ttc:
1) I think I might have already posted this but I created a collage with DW. (Great couples exercise, btw) It sort of signifies our intent to have a child and as a welcoming to the baby's spirit. I glance at it a few times a day because it's sitting on our entertainment center in the main living area of our house. It makes me smile, relax, and remember what it all about every time.
2) We also went out and finally bought a few items. Before we had said that we weren't going to get anything until we were pregnant just in case we weren't able to get pregnant. I finally realized that maybe that kind of thinking might be holding us back. So we committed and went out and had a blast spending money on our baby-to-be.
3) I've also lit 3 and 7 day candles right after doing the insems - a light for the baby's spirit to follow and a welcoming.
4) If I feel my emotions or energy is running too high, I'll hold a candle and imagine all that excess moving into the candle. Then I'll light it and imagine the candle releasing it.
5) I've also written down emotions, feelings, a letter to the baby and burned it outside with the thought of the smoke releasing the emotions, feelings, etc or taking the letter to the baby.

I know most of this might sound a little weird for some, but all of these have really worked well for me. I can't always get my mind to focus long enough to do meditation but by using some physical tools to help my mind I'm able to focus a little more. Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twylightdove View Post
Well, my yo-yo of a cycle has come to an end. Time to move me back to "waiting to O" again.

Quote:
Breasts: Still sore
Temps: Still high
Test: Still negative
:

-Rachel

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page